Diablo 4's Release Date...

Curious what you didn't like about path of the exile? I found it to be pretty impressive for a free game, and more enjoyable than D3. D3 wasn't bad, it was just kind of meh to me.

It has an amazing skill tree but you are forced to start a new character to change it which is ridiculous. Leveling is boring. I should be able to freely completely reset it in town.

It has an amazing skill tree but you are forced to start a new character to change it which is ridiculous. Leveling is boring. I should be able to freely completely reset it in town.
Well, you can. But you have to invest in a healthy amount of Orb of Regrets to do it.

Leveling does suck. Be nice if you ran the story mode just once, then all characters after that can skip it somehow. I don't know how the hardcore guys do it.

Curious what you didn't like about path of the exile? I found it to be pretty impressive for a free game, and more enjoyable than D3. D3 wasn't bad, it was just kind of meh to me.

When it was first released back in the before times, It was a pretty solid Hack n Slash game. I recently tried playing it again and it seemed unrecognizable. IMO they really messed the camera up, its way too dialed in now, which makes the POV like looking through a keyhole. Also, the major problem Ive always had with POE is they tried to cram too much stuff into it, which overwhelms most people. Im not saying make it basic, but they went too many directions. The skill tree though, I always thought was very nice.

I hope they don't go the same route with Diablo 4 in regards to the camera closeness. Not surprised about the release date, Blizzard never gives set in stone release dates. I'm thinking Q3 or 4 of 2022 at the earliest.

Last edited:
I hope they don't go the same route with Diablo 4 in regards to the camera closeness. Not surprised about the release date, Blizzard never gives set in stone release dates. I'm thinking Q3 or 4 of 2022 at the earliest.
From the Diablo IV team's February Quarterly Update:

We went through a lot of iteration on this piece of UI. The left-corner configuration came about because we wanted to try clearing the central combat area and freeing up the bottom of the screen where the isometric camera already sees less. However, based on usability test results, the team’s feedback, and the feedback we received from the demo, we’re going to move the default position of the action bar back to the bottom center for PC players.

HC0HS0YZ36ZK1582662144820.jpg

3KMSF2R8HKE51582662150044.gif

That’s not all, though! The preferred position changes to the left-corner when people play further away from the screen. This doesn’t come as a surprise given the shift in viewing angle (illustrative diagram below not to scale), but it does mean that the center configuration isn’t a majority winner on PC since we’re supporting controller input. So, while we will only stick to the corner configuration on consoles, we will offer both left and center positions as options on PC.
This reads to me like you can zoom the camera in and out to fit your preference.

I honestly wasn't expecting this game to be released in even a year...my bet was like 2 at the least lol.

Yeah there will not be a lunch for several years yet, as they most likely only started it seriously after the diablo immortal debacle. Blizz is going to have to work extra hard to get my money after they gave me a handful of garbage with D3 at launch. Boring plot, boring quests, even boring boss fights, and not to mention always online single player game that you couldnt play at launch or properly weeks after it came out.

Back