Diablo 4 comming?

Dude, you said you don't even own a PC anymore. You said you do not want to sit down and game at a PC.

So what? I wasn't here bashing PC gaming. I was saying I'd try out mobile Diablo and I would actually enjoy it. I build a PC every once in a while when a game really makes me want to play. It's getting rarer and rarer though.

I am required to own a PC and play PC games to keep up with a hobby I enjoyed for 20 years? GTFO with that.

So what? I wasn't here bashing PC gaming. I was saying I'd try out mobile Diablo and I would actually enjoy it. I build a PC every once in a while when a game really makes me want to play. It's getting rarer and rarer though.

I am required to own a PC and play PC games to keep up with a hobby I enjoyed for 20 years? GTFO with that.

Filthy mobile peasant! Blasphemy!

I hope Blizzard milks you for all you're worth!

.......Tell us how the game goes.

.....In Hell!

Here is the whole thing: what will it cost?
If Blizzard makes this game 100% free, with no possible way of buying anything or any way to spend money on it either in or out of game, then it has a chance at being a highly influential mobile game. It's also mostly okay if it has only a flat, buy-the-game, fee (like any other decent mobile title, like say Mario Run).
If it's a cynical, micro-transaction filled, "earn gems/gold", to upgrade yourself fest, then it's worthy of every piece of hate and scorn.

I don't personally see moving to mobile as inherently bad. It's the execution that dictates whether or not that there are problems. On it's face, it looks fine (total asset flip not withstanding).
The question is whether or not they can be trusted to make a clean game. Clearly the community thinks not.

The entire Diablo and PoE subreddit, and gaming/PCgaming are up in flames about it, the echo chamber that is currently Diablo subreddit is absolutely deafening. I have never seen so many reddit golds given to posts of so little substance on reddit.

WoW subreddit has a semblance of sanity, and they are the ones with the actual purchasing power to affect Blizzard in a meaningful way, since they pay sub for their game, Diablo players don't, if anything, it costs server space to run the damn game, so boycotting the game would probably help them behind the scenes, ironically.

The entire Diablo and PoE subreddit, and gaming/PCgaming are up in flames about it, the echo chamber that is currently Diablo subreddit is absolutely deafening. I have never seen so many reddit golds given to posts of so little substance on reddit.

WoW subreddit has a semblance of sanity, and they are the ones with the actual purchasing power to affect Blizzard in a meaningful way, since they pay sub for their game, Diablo players don't, if anything, it costs server space to run the damn game, so boycotting the game would probably help them behind the scenes, ironically.

They could run Diablo 3 servers for decades without thinking of the cost with the amount of money they made (and still make) from it. In just 2012 alone it sold around 12 million which certainly generated at least a half billion.

Sifting through this stuff it's really no surprise how people have reacted to it. I think it's not a terribly big deal that the next Diablo title is a mobile game but instead how they rode the anticipation of Diablo 4 being announced and then play victim when it blows up in their face. There's a high likelihood it'll be laden with microtransactions and somehow Blizzard is surprised with the lack of enthusiasm? I know a lot of people are calling the complaints entitled but I'm glad people are calling Blizzard on their bullshit. If they simply said "D4 is in the works and here's a glimpse/we'll show it soon but here's a new way to explore Sanctuary while you wait" or some crap it'd be a lot more manageable. This was just a shitty move by them and everyone knows it.

fuck mobile games, the crowd has a right to their response.

between this shit and how crappy battle for azeroth is going, I'm wondering what blizzard is actually doing on a daily basis because patch 8.1 is still over a month away and I have yet to participate in anything resembling a fucking horde vs alliance battle in WoW and if you didnt watch the cinematics you would not have any idea theres a war going on between horde and alliance.

Well people on the PC will be able to play this. Just use an emulator like Memu. I already use this emulator to play some mobile games on my PC.

But other then that.....Yea I will not play an action game on my phone. I would rather eat glass

If Blizzard makes this game 100% free, with no possible way of buying anything or any way to spend money on it either in or out of game, then it has a chance at being a highly influential mobile game. It's also mostly okay if it has only a flat, buy-the-game, fee (like any other decent mobile title, like say Mario Run).
If it's a cynical, micro-transaction filled, "earn gems/gold", to upgrade yourself fest, then it's worthy of every piece of hate and scorn.

I don't personally see moving to mobile as inherently bad. It's the execution that dictates whether or not that there are problems. On it's face, it looks fine (total asset flip not withstanding).
The question is whether or not they can be trusted to make a clean game. Clearly the community thinks not.

Having played it at blizzcon I think the primary revenue paths will be around health potion cool down and dungeon access.

They both can be implemented "ok" provided that desirable items don't end up "paywalled" behind accessing specific dungeons.
Additionally if in game gold is folded into these access modes then it could become more accessible.

dh03respmcw11.png

To think this whole crisis could have been averted with a ten second Photoshop job changing the "3" on a random Diablo 3 wallpaper to "4", and just fading that in on stage for a few secs. One wallpaper.

I can see this costing money AND a gatcha pay wall also. Can you blame people for getting in a uproar? These mobile polices made their way into AAA games on PC and consoles. This game could be them just testing the waters with how much they could get away with for when D4 comes out. I want all these uproars to lead to another video game crash. We desperately need a reset on the gaming world. It will only get worse as time goes on if people start accepting this bs and it will become common place in all games.

Well people on the PC will be able to play this. Just use an emulator like Memu. I already use this emulator to play some mobile games on my PC.

But other then that.....Yea I will not play an action game on my phone. I would rather eat glass

Yeah but why would you want to play a mobile game made by NetEase on your PC when you could play anything else? If anyone still believes in the studio magic produced at Blizzard, well, this game wasn't made at Blizzard. It's like when your favourite FPS dev makes a new game and you hear "we outsourced the multiplayer to some random dev!" ...so uh, are we even playing the same game at this point or what? Like, if Miyamoto was on stage to promote his new Mario game and he announced to a crowd of crazed Nintendo fans "We asked NetEase to make us the next great Mario adventure. We're ready to tell all the great untold Mario stories and you can play them on your phones." Get the fuck outta here.

Blizzard got a free pass on Diablo 3 because everyone bought it sight unseen based on D2's legacy. There is a 100% chance that I won't buy this mobile game though; it just doesn't appeal to me on any level.

Yeah but why would you want to play a mobile game made by NetEase on your PC when you could play anything else? If anyone still believes in the studio magic produced at Blizzard, well, this game wasn't made at Blizzard. It's like when your favourite FPS dev makes a new game and you hear "we outsourced the multiplayer to some random dev!" ...so uh, are we even playing the same game at this point or what? Like, if Miyamoto was on stage to promote his new Mario game and he announced to a crowd of crazed Nintendo fans "We asked NetEase to make us the next great Mario adventure. We're ready to tell all the great untold Mario stories and you can play them on your phones." Get the fuck outta here.

Blizzard got a free pass on Diablo 3 because everyone bought it sight unseen based on D2's legacy. There is a 100% chance that I won't buy this mobile game though; it just doesn't appeal to me on any level.

The story would be the only reason. As long as the story isn't behind some pay wall i would give it a shot since the story is in between D2 and D3. If they microstransaction your ass for the SP portion of the game, then fuck it I wont even attempt it.

Having played it at blizzcon I think the primary revenue paths will be around health potion cool down and dungeon access.

They both can be implemented "ok" provided that desirable items don't end up "paywalled" behind accessing specific dungeons.
Additionally if in game gold is folded into these access modes then it could become more accessible.

Well, as far as I've seen in the game (and I haven't seen all the media regarding the game), I have no idea how the loot system works. I didn't see any drops to speak of, save gold. So if gold is the means for upgrades, it's not hard to see how pay to upgrade wall/loop could get implemented. Then this game will be garbage.

I can see this costing money AND a gatcha pay wall also. Can you blame people for getting in a uproar? These mobile polices made their way into AAA games on PC and consoles. This game could be them just testing the waters with how much they could get away with for when D4 comes out. I want all these uproars to lead to another video game crash. We desperately need a reset on the gaming world. It will only get worse as time goes on if people start accepting this bs and it will become common place in all games.

I generally speaking agree. But this could easily be the death knell of Blizzard. And we will see yet again why Activision is a cancer, as even the "mighty" Blizzard will have been brought down to a shadow of its formal self as its properties go into a downward spiral of yearly continuous cash grabs.

https://kotaku.com/sources-blizzard-pulled-diablo-4-announcement-from-bli-1830232246

(Author is Jason Schreier)

As it turns out, Kotaku has learned, Blizzard had originally planned to tease Diablo 4, but pulled those plans at the last minute.

The original plan for BlizzCon 2018, according to two people familiar with Blizzard’s plans, was for Blizzard to announce the mobile game Diablo Immortal and then end on a video in which company co-founder Allen Adham told the audience that a proper Diablo 4 was in development but not ready to show just yet.

dont care that there is a mobile diablo coming out or w/e, but who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to have your big reveal at your biggest even of the year be...a mobile game....

What did they honestly expect?

Monday after Blizzcon and now reports are coming that Blizzard had a Diablo 4 announcement but pulled it last minute, this is utter bullshit and nothing more than damage control. They didn't have to show any gameplay all they had to do was put a picture of the text "Diablo 4" on the screen and they would've been fine.

Remember what Bethesda did at E3? They literally showed zero gameplay of Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield, just a 30 second video clip that literally had the title and nothing else.

This isn't even a true Blizzard game, it's a Chinese port, made by a Chinese company. They had a very similar Action RPG cell phone game out already, and Blizzard brought them on board to make this.

And Blizzcon is always about PC games, new PC game releases, new expansions, new character classes, etc...for your custom gaming PC rig. Mobile cell phone games is not what that crowd wants.

Blizzard should have known better than to make this announcement at their annual PC Gaming event. And worse it's not even made by Blizzard.

Myself, I'm a big smartphone nerd, having owned all Nexus and Pixel phones. But I have never gamed on my cellphone before, zero interest. Because I already have a sweet PC gaming setup. I rather play Diablo on my 40" monitor, with a keyboard+ mouse, than on a tiny 6" cellphone screen and crappy screen control.

Why...why...why would you make a Diablo mobile? I don't see that game as possibly being fun with touchscreen controls, or graphics.

Who is Blizzard paying to make these decisions? Is there not some general stupid test you have to pass to get into this company?

I know I shouldn't be surprised anymore but the disconnect from Blizzard here is astounding. How did they think announcing something like this would go over with a crowd of PC gaming enthusiasts who are likely hungry for another title like Diablo 2? Are they this out of touch?

I know I shouldn't be surprised anymore but the disconnect from Blizzard here is astounding. How did they think announcing something like this would go over with a crowd of PC gaming enthusiasts who are likely hungry for another title like Diablo 2? Are they this out of touch?
yes they are...

Angry Fanbase: "Diablo 3 isnt like Diablo 2! Make Diablo 4 already!"

Blizzard: "Okay. We know exactly what you want and you're going to love it! How about a mobile Diablo instead?"

If they had announced D4 people would be saying "who cares, diablo 3 sucked and poe is better". Can't win.
But certainly Diablo Mobile is much worse.

If they had announced D4 people would be saying "who cares, diablo 3 sucked and poe is better". Can't win.
But certainly Diablo Mobile is much worse.

Some would, but no where near the amount of backlash against Mobile. Some are always going to complain, ignore them, when everyone is yelling loudly, you have a real problem.

I've watched a few videos on this idiocy, and this has been, by far, the funniest one I've watched. Decided to share. This guy normally does videos about the Magic The Gathering business, but he's a pretty smart businessman. And funny.

Supposedly Diablo 4 was going to be announced as being in development but they pulled it last minute. I'm sure Blizzard did not "leak" that information out to try to appease people. I don't doubt it's in development at some level, whether designing or active, but they are just trying to make up to people if this is a leak.

And I still don't understand why they are remastering WCIII, a game that is already available for purchase with modern UI and OS support. Why not improve older games like D1 or D2 that do not have those things?

It is the internet people get upset by all sorts of things. And it is forgotten just as fast.

I find it a pretty hard sell that DIablo was getting another version for the PC I think they were saying before Blizzcon that it was not the announcement people were waiting for so it can't have been Diablo 4.

Remember that Overwatch was a project that originated as a MMO. The way Blizzard works these days is weird, I mean the mobile game awesome for them to make money on but not at an event where people pay to get in and centre stage creates so much expectation for people who do not game on their phone.

Currently there doing something with WoW there trying to make it use more cores. What you would want to do is not adjust/replace the current code but write it from scratch , Blizzard makes really weird decisions in a lot of areas these days.

I've watched a few videos on this idiocy, and this has been, by far, the funniest one I've watched. Decided to share. This guy normally does videos about the Magic The Gathering business, but he's a pretty smart businessman. And funny.

Rudy is awesome. Watch him all the time. He was/is a very avid Diablo player.

Some quality moments from the Q&A.

streamable

streamable

The trailer is racking up tons of dislike at the moment and it seems Blizz is deleting top-level comments criticizing it.
Honestly surprised they have not yet disabled comments and ratings. Be sure to keep track of all the unlisted trailers they're putting up to dislike those, as well.

Oh, and best part of "April Fool's" Hero is that he said it was a perfectly straight face.

Last edited:
Back