Diablo 3 Offline Single Player Petition

well I might actually play the game if they did make it that way, but I doubt I'll ever be playing it

Yes they do, they sold me a license to a product, a product that should work %100, not %90, not %50, %100.. like any other product you buy it is expected to be working in full. But, we as consumers get raped with software it is always being patched and we bend over and take it, as far as I know in London for example, you can return an opened game if it does not work...

Do you really think that's realistic? Name me one game EVER that has literally 0 problems on every system it has ever been installed on.

Another example of entitlement syndrome. Don't like the game? Do not buy it. You've got plenty of entertainment choices.

Considering Diablo III has already sold a good 6 million copies, please tell me why it is logical to bend to the whims of 25,000 assuming they even get that many valid signatures? Does that make good business sense?

Explain please what does this have to do with entitlement?

People are asking for a feature to be implemented not saying it is owed to them.

There's a much better petition: It's called don't buy the game and tell them why. Money talks, bullshit walks. Companies will listen (or go out of business) if people stop spending money. However if you throw money at them even when they do things you claim not to like, they'll just keep doing it because they figure that you are just whiny and don't really care.

If you don't buy it and let them know why, maybe they fix things in the future.

I would rather them not.. I would prefer they fix whats wrong with the current system. I rather like being able to play alone & then have my friends just pop in for a little hack & slash.

STUPID game of the year that you need internet connection to play single player.

Rise of Flight, WW1 flight simulator. Had to be logged in just to fly around. I fell for it, looked at the pretty graphics and then throw it in the shit box some where in a dark closet. POS Russian game developer.

Yeah always online blows. What if you wanted to play on the road?

Agreed. While I'm on a long drive I like to setup my laptop on the dashboard and watch a movie or play some single-player games. I definitely do not recommend playing any games that have things pop out at you suddenly though. This happened once and I swerved into oncoming traffic when the zombie jumped out at me, almost killing myself and a family of four with a poodle sticking its head out the window. So now I just stick to shooters while driving, though it does get difficult with a stick shift.

It's fun when people pretend not to know what other people mean when they use a common phrase with a well-understood meaning.

I would sign it for sure, no single player is actually gonna keep me from buying it for a bit.

This happened once and I swerved into oncoming traffic when the zombie jumped out at me, almost killing myself and a family of four with a poodle sticking its head out the window. So now I just stick to shooters while driving, though it does get difficult with a stick shift.

And why are u playing computer games while driving? :confused:

I am in the Air Force and stationed over in Korea for another 8 months. I bought the game to play in my off time, which with the different time zones seems to put my prime playing time right in server maint time. Also, If I don't want to create a new character and lose everything in 8 months when I change bases next year, I can't create a character on the Asia servers. I have to create a character on the American servers so I know when I am forced to changed bases in the spring of next year I will still have acess to all my gear and progress. This forces me to play the game with a ping time that is NEVER below 250. Most of the time its in the 400 range, and on peak times it bounces into 600s. I am so glad I get to enjoy my $60 game with 400-600ms lag. I tempted to see if blizz will move my character tot he asian servers, but then I'll probably only be able to talk to about 1/3 of the people I play with. Then who knows if they will be nice enough to move my character to whatever region in the world I am stationed in.

What base are you at? Osan or Kunsan? Osan here.

I haven't had a lot of good luck with the Asian servers. The first day I had a 16 ms ping, but after that, if I can log in at all, the ping time is still really high, and I usually can't even log in. You're better off sticking to the US servers. The high latency is Blizzard's fault - I've heard of people stateside having 200-250 ms pings.

I haven't had a lot of good luck with the Asian servers. The first day I had a 16 ms ping, but after that, if I can log in at all, the ping time is still really high, and I usually can't even log in. You're better off sticking to the US servers. The high latency is Blizzard's fault - I've heard of people stateside having 200-250 ms pings.

Being here in the Philippines, we have the Americas as the default (likewise Australia does too) instead of Asia. Asia is apparently for Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan. Although the reason why the Asian servers are having problems is because of...pirated copies of Diablo 3 from Taiwan to the mainland (where it's not available). Koreans are waging a war against the Chinese (mainland or not) because of this. LOL

Do you really think that's realistic? Name me one game EVER that has literally 0 problems on every system it has ever been installed on.

as soon as computer were connected to the internet in mass,. gaming quality went out the window, same thing happeneded with consoles, now and then you may find some cool glitch back in the day, but now it is release some Alpha level software and patch it over the next few years and eventually drop support when v2 comes out.

Won't happen no matter how big that petition gets.

Look at the backlash of 'always-online' for SC2. People hated it, especially for tournament play/LAN play.

Blizz held their ground. Even in tournaments you still need online connection to Battle.net.

Osan as well, but I'm TDY to Eielson monday for over a month. Hopefully I'll have wifi in the dorms there. otherwise I'll be trying to play on my phone's 3g :(

Osan as well, but I'm TDY to Eielson monday for over a month. Hopefully I'll have wifi in the dorms there. otherwise I'll be trying to play on my phone's 3g :(

Better than being in Afghanistan! They blocked Battle.net the week Diablo launched.

I was at Osan as well, long time ago. I'm sure it hasn't changed to much though. I'm guessing you work on A10s seeing as how you're also going tdy to Eielson?

I was at Osan from 2005 to 2007. Lag from SK to US servers via WoW was horrible. I feel the pain for anyone stationed or living there that wants to connect to the US side.

not really, i haven't bought a single item in the AH and i have decent gear and finished the game once with a Barb.

Ya, going through one time (on normal) without using the AH is very easy. Even nightmare is doable without buying gear. It gets noticeably harder after that. Blizzard themselves said that the drop system was designed to encourage trading/buying loot on the AH.

I bought the game from Blizzard. Called them up and they said they CANNOT provide a refund since it was bought more than 3 (three) days ago.

I asked if they can make an official record of my call, and my request for a refund, and maybe a ticket. Asked also for email confirmation of this fact. The call lasted 5 mins at most (not including the 15 mins in queue), did not even give them a reason why I wanted the refund (ie; no yelling/complaining/qq-ing about how bad D3 is and why Blizzard needed to give me the refund).

Got the refund back within 8 hours of the call.

I think its a good call for Blizzard to refund people who were not impressed with their games. At the very least we know if we bought their games and didn't like it, we could at least return it. In other words, I will be back if they released a quality game.

Sure, there will be some who will abuse the system: buy a game, clock it in 30 days and return it. But look at Blizzard's other titles; how many of them would you actually consider playing for only 30 days and then never look at it again? Warcraft (as in the RTS), Starcraft, Diablo (at least the first two).

Also, I might pick up D3 at a later date when its polished up. Some people might take a gamble and keep the game, hoping it'll get fixed, but that's their perogative. I can find better use of my 80 dollars (its what D3 costs here in Australia, at least from Blizzard directly) rather than having Blizzard hold on to it.

For those who say "Does $xxx really mean that much to you?", I'd like to see them buy every crappy game that's ever released. Lets see how fast that money adds up. Until they show me their Steam account having every game Steam ever sold on that account, they're just bags of pretentious hot air.

I was at Osan as well, long time ago. I'm sure it hasn't changed to much though. I'm guessing you work on A10s seeing as how you're also going tdy to Eielson?

Communists everywhere are interested in the answer to this question as well.

This thread hurts my brain...

People dont even realize the amount of work that would be required to even make this happen. The loot tables etc. are all server side. To make a single player would mean to put that into the client. Then your offline player would have to be locked to offline ONLY. Even if it where not for the AH everyone complains about having all that server side is the greatest thing about D3 bar none... Not having to deal with dupers etc. is great.

Complain about the always on DRM all you want but even if you did get your way you would next be complaining that you cant use your offline character to play with friends.

Everyone keeps going on about how this DRM shafts the player etc. and its fucking bullshit. That argument made sense with assassins creed because it was a single player game. Because of this DRM the online experience is the best diablo online experience ever and unlike the other 2 will stay that way. I have to wonder if the whiners have ever played the other 2 games or not... Remember how fun it was to be playing and having a good time online when some dick joins the game with all his hacked gear and murders your party? So much fun... I sure do miss playing D1 with people and having someone pop in out of nowhere and one shot me and my friends.

So basically a bunch of pimply antisocial nerds want to ruin the fun for the rest of us so they can play all by themselves. Makes sense to me, im sure blizzard will bow down to this...

Also LOL at voting with your wallet and buying TL2. Go ahead, that will send a clear message to blizzard with over 6 million copies already sold and the fact that TL2 will be lucky to sell 10% of that. Fact is most of us already voted and we outvoted the tiny little minority of whiners. Get the hint and STFU already. When that petition fails to even get 10k sigs will you guys finally accept its just a few of you and its time to shut up?

Even if it where not for the AH everyone complains about having all that server side is the greatest thing about D3 bar none... Not having to deal with dupers etc. is great.

Remind me how dupers will spoil my single player fun? Or how other players who hack will spoil my single player fun? Or what other people do in their single- or multi- player games can affect an offline, single player game?

Or to deal with server lag, rubber-banding, login issues, maintenance downtime fun?

I remember duping issues, item hacking, exploits, etc. In my single player D2 game I just blissfully ignored all this and played the game trouble free.

Saying this I know that the chance of Blizzard actually patching for offline single-player is as high as a naked character beating inferno solo in D3.

Remind me how dupers will spoil my single player fun? Or how other players who hack will spoil my single player fun? Or what other people do in their single- or multi- player games can affect an offline, single player game?

Or to deal with server lag, rubber-banding, login issues, maintenance downtime fun?

I remember duping issues, item hacking, exploits, etc. In my single player D2 game I just blissfully ignored all this and played the game trouble free.

Saying this I know that the chance of Blizzard actually patching for offline single-player is as high as a naked character beating inferno solo in D3.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

So they should cater to the single player crowd in a game built from the fucking ground up as a multi player dungeon crawler? Its retarded reasoning. The game was meant to be a MULTI player dungeon crawler, decisions should be based on the MULTI player aspect not the single player game.

Jesus is it that hard to wrap your mind around? Or are you just that self entitled you think they should ignore the core demographic for you? :rolleyes:

Reasons are as follows: Always Online Requirement. Want to play anytime and anywhere without having the worry of an internet connection. Some fans can't afford a great internet connection. Create Two Accounts: Online Player/Offline Player. $60 Price tag should warrant you play the game how you want.

This and every other game Ubisoft or EA have made (or in EA's case bought the developer and published) in the last four years. I can really understand with Diablo III though with the massive exploit where someone can screw with your last character and bypass the login screen completely.

Reason is as follows: you don't know how to have a secure password or know proper practices for keeping your passwords secure.
Fun Fact #1: Blizzard passwords are not case sensitive. No matter how you capitalize your Blizzard password, if you type it in as all lowercase, it will work.

Fun Fact #2: Blizzard does not have a login try limit. So someone can just keep trying to log into your account as much as they want until they get it right.

should of used the authenticator
People with authenticators are getting hacked via session hijacking.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

So they should cater to the single player crowd in a game built from the fucking ground up as a multi player dungeon crawler? Its retarded reasoning. The game was meant to be a MULTI player dungeon crawler, decisions should be based on the MULTI player aspect not the single player game.

Jesus is it that hard to wrap your mind around? Or are you just that self entitled you think they should ignore the core demographic for you? :rolleyes:

WoW was built with multiplayer in mind.

D3 wasn't. If it was, they wouldn't try to make every character viable in inferno solo. Or any character for the matter. Try soloing any end game boss in WoW that was built at your level. (ie, try and beat lvl 85 raid with a lvl 85 char)

Regarding core demographic, I don't really care if they try and cater to me; I've ignored many games which don't cater to me, and I don't miss them.

Also, I've attacked what you posted, not you personally. What makes you think a personal attack will actually help your argument? Saying I'm too dumb to figure out that the game was "built from the fucking ground up as a multi player dungeon crawler" (which is erroneous to start with) is a personal attack, of which I could as easily counter with calling you dumb for not picking up the fact they wanted to allow people to play single player as well. Just that they messed up big time....

Back