Diablo 3 Offline Single Player Petition

HardOCP News

[H] News
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to start a petition for Diablo III offline single player support. Thanks to Michael Kadlec for the heads up!

Reasons are as follows: Always Online Requirement. Want to play anytime and anywhere without having the worry of an internet connection. Some fans can't afford a great internet connection. Create Two Accounts: Online Player/Offline Player. $60 Price tag should warrant you play the game how you want.

Main problem with this is that the game is designed around the AH. It would be VERY hard to make your way through the game without buying/trading gear. If they offered an offline version, they would have to change the loot drops for that version IMO.

Blizzard has come out and stated several times that they do not heed to petitions. There's just no way on Earth that this will happen. :p

But GL anyway? :rolleyes:

Nope, not going to happen. Even after pirates produce a fix, Blizzard still won't patch the game for offline play, even though the online requirement would no longer do anything except annoy legitimate customers.

I've computed the odds of this petition having any effect. The odds are approximately 1 to infinity, plus or minus 0.37.

Main problem with this is that the game is designed around the AH. It would be VERY hard to make your way through the game without buying/trading gear. If they offered an offline version, they would have to change the loot drops for that version IMO.

what the hell are you smoking?? D3 is ridiculously easy compared to D2. i've been playing through on my own just fine. haven't traded a thing.

I have a suggestion.

Rather than petitioning Blizzard for offline play...

Simply don't buy Diablo III.

and buy Torchlight II.

If Diablo III is a financial failure and Torchlight II a success, Blizzard-Activision WILL get the message.

Petitions generally do not work with Video Game developers.

Voting with your wallet?

That works with everybody.

And if you've already bought Diablo III... take it back, get a refund. Again, hit Blizzard-Activision and their distribution partners where it hurts, in the wallet. You do not have any other way to hit them.

I have a suggestion.

and buy Torchlight II.

If Diablo III is a financial failure and Torchlight II a success, Blizzard-Activision WILL get the message.

Voting with your wallet?

And if you've already bought Diablo III... take it back, get a refund. Again, hit Blizzard-Activision and their distribution partners where it hurts, in the wallet. You do not have any other way to hit them.

It's hard to get a refund for something you've already purchased if it's a piece of software. :(

Still, this is true...don't buy it. Speak with your wallet. That's probably the only way Blizzard will even consider outside opinions.

If this were the 90's, when you could still return software.. yes.. I would take Diablo 3 back..I didnt buy starcraft 2 because it just seemed too much like the original and a waste of 60$, I never got into wow, and now that Diablo has been ruined, D3 is likely the last blizzard game ill ever be suckered into..

they will NEVER do offline play. Kinda like how they never included a lan function for SC2.

@ zerias

as much as that would be case in not buying d3 (i haven't bought it), they already sold like 3 million copies. I think they succeeded in catering to the wow crowd sadly which turns me off of the game.

Waste of time, not going to happen. Don't hold your breath.

Exactly. The always on requirement is for the LOOT system. They want absolute control over loot forever so they can skim the real money AH. Offline mode would mean they lose that control, not gonna happen, ever.

Another example of entitlement syndrome. Don't like the game? Do not buy it. You've got plenty of entertainment choices.

Considering Diablo III has already sold a good 6 million copies, please tell me why it is logical to bend to the whims of 25,000 assuming they even get that many valid signatures? Does that make good business sense?

I have a suggestion.

and buy Torchlight II.

Voting with your wallet?

The fastest selling computer game of all time being a financial failure? Give me a break
roll2.gif

If Blizzard won't even come out with an offline tournament only version of Starcraft 2 why would they even consider doing this for Diablo 3, THE FASTEST SELLING COMPUTER GAME EVER>

It's hard to get a refund for something you've already purchased if it's a piece of software. :(

Still, this is true...don't buy it. Speak with your wallet. That's probably the only way Blizzard will even consider outside opinions.

That's not true...I got a refund for my digital copy and purchased Torchlight 2.

what the hell are you smoking?? D3 is ridiculously easy compared to D2. i've been playing through on my own just fine. haven't traded a thing.

Comparing Normal-mode D3 to Hell-mode D2, are you? Cause i can tell you that Hardest D3 mode is MUCH harder than hardest D2 mode.

D2's Uber Diablo has nothing on D3's Inferno.

If this were the 90's, when you could still return software.. yes.. I would take Diablo 3 back..I didnt buy starcraft 2 because it just seemed too much like the original and a waste of 60$, I never got into wow, and now that Diablo has been ruined, D3 is likely the last blizzard game ill ever be suckered into..
For those owning digital copies, Blizzard will refund the game at the condition the refund is asked for within 30 days from purchase. They have stated this via Twitter. I do not have any information regarding the other editions of the game though.

I have a suggestion.

and buy Torchlight II.

Voting with your wallet?

It can't be underestimated how important it is for Torchlight II to do well. If it doesn't....

I agree, Bliz doesn't need to see a petition to know that people want this, and if they had any plans to do it, it would have happened already. The petition is a waste of time and effort.

As others have said, best action is to stop playing immediatly, and call up bliz and demand a refund. State openly that you are not finding the online only experiance acceptable. If you have only logged a few hours of play time, and are continuing to show that you have no intention of playing it further (no all night play sessions while waiting for your refund to get processed, mkay), you will likely get your refund, like others have.

Man all the QQ and butthurt over this is INCREDIBLE! Seriously, it's not like they surprised anyone with this. They have stated for a LONG LONG time it was going to be online only and stated their reasons for doing so. Either purchase it with that mind or don't, it's that simple.

Blizzard is going to care about this as much as they care about adding a LAN mode to SC2. Which is not at all.

Not to condone piracy at all and I know we dont talk about that stuff here, but just so you know, the pirated copy of D3 allows for offline play(obviously). I havnt tried it myself but im sure it works it would have been nuked.

So, technically, you could in a way have offline play if you really wanted to after you PURCHASED the game. So, why bother with a petition, fix it yourself.

Of all the dumb things to start a petition about, a video game is near the top of the list.

It could be worse, like filing a FTC complaint against EA for Mass Effect 3. :rolleyes:

This rage is reaching Greedo Shot First dimensions. In some ways, this is sublimely entertaining to watch. In other ways, sad and annoying.

Another example of entitlement syndrome. Don't like the game? Do not buy it. You've got plenty of entertainment choices.

Did the thought cross your mind that people don't know if they like the game until they buy it?
After they buy it and play it, they can't get a refund.

The trial is not a good representation of the game. Many players who preferred Diablo 2 liked it because of the endgame economy. D3 endgame economy is much different.

I personally would rather go back to D2 style economy and more frequent rare/unique drops with no auction house.

Did the thought cross your mind that people don't know if they like the game until they buy it?

The trial is not a good representation of the game. Many players who preferred Diablo 2 liked it because of the endgame economy. D3 endgame economy is much different.

I personally would rather go back to D2 style economy and more frequent rare/unique drops with no auction house.

In this case, that is false and anyone can get a refund within 30 days from blizzard. If you can't play enough in 30 days to know for sure if you wanna keep it or not then your SOL.

change.org = :rolleyes:

People knew what they were getting when they bought this game. If they wanted single player, then they shouldn't have bought it. Blizzard didn't misrepresent this.

I completely agree. The AH is going to ruin D3, mark my words. I am still having fun though. But the AH just makes the game, pay to win, which is kind of retarded.

Now what do we have, an AH full of bots and account hackers already and the game has only been out a few weeks. I cant imagine what the game will be like when the real money AH opens.

And ya, they kind of ruined itemization in the game. But maybe they can fix that to some extent.

Lastly, just so you know, you can get a refund if you purchased lets say, the digital copy directly from blizzard. I know they have done it for quite a few people already.

If Diablo III is a financial failure and Torchlight II a success, Blizzard-Activision WILL
Oops, too late. Blizzard sold more per-ordered copies of D3 than Torchlight 2 will sell in it's lifetime, and by a massive margin I'm sure. D3 was Amazon's most pre-ordered PC game ever. D3 will continue selling like hotcakes for some time. TL2 and it's player base is being eclipsed and stolen from. The same people would like both games. Not saying it's a bad game or anything, just terrible timing against the D3 release.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/11/diablo-3-is-amazons-most-pre-ordered-pc-title-ever/

doesn't matter digital copy or not, the very first terms of service that pops up says anyone who does not agree to only licensing the game instead of owning it has 30 days to claim a refund.

In this case, that is false and anyone can get a refund within 30 days from blizzard. If you can't play enough in 30 days to know for sure if you wanna keep it or not then your SOL.

So you're saying Blizzard will give me a refund for a copy purchased from a retail store (such as Wal-mart) within 30 days?

This I do not believe. I will contemplate this.

Oops, too late. Blizzard sold more per-ordered copies of D3 than Torchlight 2 will sell in it's lifetime, and by a massive margin I'm sure. D3 was Amazon's most pre-ordered PC game ever. D3 will continue selling like hotcakes for some time. TL2 and it's player base is being eclipsed and stolen from. The same people would like both games. Not saying it's a bad game or anything, just terrible timing against the D3 release.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/11/diablo-3-is-amazons-most-pre-ordered-pc-title-ever/

"Most pre-ordered" doesn't mean shit. Basically all that means is that there was a ton of hype built up around the game prior to launch.

My guess is that now, with all of the issues coming to light, sales have dropped significantly.

I think TL2 will do just fine. Most everything that people wanted that D3 doesn't have will be in TL2 so there's definitely a market there.

General statement to some people in here in regards to the petition:

Don't like it/care? Don't sign it. Shut the fuck up about how "useless" it is. No one is forcing you to acknowledge it.

So you're saying Blizzard will give me a refund for a copy purchased from a retail store (such as Wal-mart) within 30 days?

This I do not believe. I will contemplate this.

No, he meant if you bought it from Blizzard at the Blizz store, they will refund it, I believe.

I hope the petition does something at least. Some of the only times I can play are the afternoons, and right now the game is down for a few hours, to patch yesterdays patch that took half a day. Le Sigh.

Whoa dude, relax. It's just a discussion, and I don't think anyone here means harm. They have an opinion, same as you have an opinion.

I'll have to disagree with your statement that sales have dropped significantly. D3 is still flying off the shelves at the stores I visit- Fry's/Walmart/Gamestop. There were literally 300 people picking up a pre-ordered game from the Gamestop I went to on launch night. TL2 will never see those kinds of numbers. Again, I mean no offence.

I don't know if you play D3, but the issues with the servers have been cleared up for a while now. I've been playing happily without issue for hours and hours.

Company states a game will be online only.
People buy it knowing it's online only.
Complain it's online only.

Seriously, people are braindead.

As someone who put ENTIRELY way too many hours in Diablo 2, all of the shortcomings of D3 have turned me off completely.

If people keep buying garbage guess what developers will keep making?
(Hint: It's garbage.)

Back