Diablo 3 Internal Beta Testing Begins / Q3 2011 Beta

All I want is charged bolt. Nothing was more retardedly fun than my level 90 charged bolt sorc with 400% increased cast speed and lvl 35+ charged bolt. Hold down your mouse button, freeze everyone in the game with you and once it unfreezes either everything is dead or your party is. Oh, and hope there isn't a monster casting it back at you because no way you can see it. Good times... :D

All I want is charged bolt. Nothing was more retardedly fun than my level 90 charged bolt sorc with 400% increased cast speed and lvl 35+ charged bolt. Hold down your mouse button, freeze everyone in the game with you and once it unfreezes either everything is dead or your party is. Oh, and hope there isn't a monster casting it back at you because no way you can see it. Good times... :D

bonewall poison nova spam, gogogogogogo

Actually, I still think D2 is a piece of crap. D1 was one of my all-time favorite games. D2? Not so much. D3? Who knows. The latest videos looked promising.

The only thing that diappointed me with D2 was the graphics.... The fire balls (and the big D himself) were amazing looking in the first one.... not so much in the second one. Diablo looked like Godzilla to me. No longer scary, just cartoony.

However, D2 was a fantastic character builder and it had other ideas that made it great: crafting, sockets, gems, runes, rune words... The expansion pack was awesome too and added a hole other world. I ended up spending far too much time playing that game....

I don't even think I can count the number of hours I played D1 (always in the Rogues Gallery) or D2 (especially with the Nezeramontias mod)... I'm sure it was well into the thousands of hours.

I eagerly await D3, and will be saving some vacation for the official release!

The only thing that diappointed me with D2 was the graphics.... The fire balls (and the big D himself) were amazing looking in the first one.... not so much in the second one. Diablo looked like Godzilla to me. No longer scary, just cartoony.

However, D2 was a fantastic character builder and it had other ideas that made it great: crafting, sockets, gems, runes, rune words... The expansion pack was awesome too and added a hole other world. I ended up spending far too much time playing that game....

Your memory must be failing you. They look very very similar. Diablo from D1 stood up taller and had larger spikes, but other than that, they're pretty close. Diablo in 2 took his form through the hero of D1, so I would expect him to look at least a little different.
I don't find the graphics cartoony. They are better than the first, although not by a whole lot. I'm sure that they spent most of the development time on the gameplay. D2 was pretty much 5x longer than D1 (and had 5x the content).

D1:
boss-battles-diablo1.gif

D2:
Mon-diablo.jpg

Heck, if anything, he looks more Godzilla like in D1.

Last edited:
Dear sweet heavenly Jesus, this is fantastic.

I'm thinking of picking up Dungeon Siege III (which, in the past, has been a Diablo clone) to tide me over till Diablo III is finally released.

Dear sweet heavenly Jesus, this is fantastic.

I'm thinking of picking up Dungeon Siege III (which, in the past, has been a Diablo clone) to tide me over till Diablo III is finally released.

Savior it..............Savior it

Ok, 400% fcr?

Max possible was 200% fcr. For shame, sir!

Anyway, mine would be the 200fcr warcry barbarian. When you can out tele most sorcs and then cast wc like mad... funfun.

I had the standard cookie cutter firesorc, but good god did I have fun with it. Level ~93 or something like that. I always played with a big party so damage mitigation in hell didn't matter much to me. :)

Back