Diablo 3 implied delayed

You can't delay something that never had a release date in the first place and really it isn't a Blizzard game without people waiting stupidly long times for it to release.

I'll trust blizzard's decisions with D3, in the meantime... back to D2 with MedianXL (which was updated a few days ago)

I stand corrected though "Early 2012" is pretty vague.

Anyway to the actual changes:

Why the holy fuck does Blizzard keep thinking that REMOVING stats is a good idea!?

I think removing the scroll of identification is really fucking stupid. What's the bloody point of having unidentified items anymore?

Moving stats to the inventory screen is a neat idea.

Dedicated potion button and town portal button are also nice.

This is good news to me. I'll gladly wait for years if there's a chance they'll radically change the game into something more in spirit with the classic diablos.

They should take all there time with it that they need. I don't want a buggy fucking mess. I'm tired of half ass released big budget PC games that take months to patch into the REAL final launch product.

Blizzard takes there time for a good reason , it almost always produces a better gaming experience.

They should take all there time with it that they need. I don't want a buggy fucking mess. I'm tired of half ass released big budget PC games that take months to patch into the REAL final launch product.

Blizzard takes there time for a good reason , it almost always produces a better gaming experience.

Blizzard is in a rather unique position where they really have no bosses. They're free to take their time and release a game when they want to. It's not something pretty much every other studio is able to do because they don't have a game that brings in 100s of millions in profit every year.

I'm personally a little swamped with 'upcoming games syndrome' ... I can't decide how I will budget my time between Diablo 3, Dota 2, Heart of the Swarm, and Guild Wars 2.

Blizzard is in a rather unique position where they really have no bosses. They're free to take their time and release a game when they want to. It's not something pretty much every other studio is able to do because they don't have a game that brings in 100s of millions in profit every year.

Per there contract , that's true but games do eventually have to come out and the execs want dates that aren't read as "when its done". There is no doubt in my mind that Diablo 3 will come out this year , its at the point where its in closed beta , its in the media all the time with previews. Its very close.

It'll be the big money maker for Blizzard this year along with another rinse and repeat boring WoW expansion.

I hope this is not to allow their console version to catch up and get release simultaneously

I don't know what I'd do if they came out at the same time, I think the WoW deal only applies to the PC version though.

"Let’s start off small: Scrolls of Identification are no longer in the game. Unidentified items and the act of identifying them is still very much part of the game, but now when obtaining an unidentified item you'll simply right click it, a short cast timer will occur as your character examines the item, and it will become identified. We love the double-discovery of finding a present and then unwrapping it, but we don't think it requires a physical item you have to find and keep in your bags to get the same effect. From now on you'll just be able to inherently identify all your items, no need to carry scrolls. Your character in Diablo III is just that badass now".

yay! another dumbed down portion of the game. Lets just destroy all things Diablo. Why the fuck even have unidentified items if you can just as easily identify them yourself? Stupid.

Edit: Thank you.

"So we've decided to remove the Cauldron of Jordan and Nephalem Cube. They were implemented to allow for salvaging and selling items when there was no quick and easy way to return to town. Now that the Stone of Recall exists, we found that keeping the Cauldron and Cube in the game detracted from the benefits of returning to town to sell items, salvage, craft, and interact with the townsfolk. It’s a good idea to break up combat so that players have a moment to evaluate their gear and crafting options before venturing back out. In addition, we've decided to just call it what it is and the Stone of Recall is now Town Portal, and is integrated directly onto the skill bar UI".

I'll trust blizzard's decisions with D3, in the meantime... back to D2 with MedianXL (which was updated a few days ago)

Damn nice I never heard of this mod till now. It looks like a total revamp, thanks for the heads up

Looks like there back to a couple of the old school methods.

Town Portals are back in.

Strength, Dexterity, Intellect and Vitality are back in.

This is good news.

I quit playing DII when 1.11 came out. I guess there were just new games to try.

I did try some of the older mods and they just make the game well weird.

better graphics (thats all DIII should do is make DII with great new graphics)

Hey it is still one of the best games ever released and I would go back to playing it if we still had maphack.

It's being delayed to finish the proper console port. The exact same thing happened to DA:O. The finished PC version sat there from February to November until the consoles were done.

will it have my little pony and pokemon like wow or just a dud like wow.

their always connected bs is not smart.

It sounded to me like they were un-dumbing it down a bit, but that's probably too much to hope for. If they just made it so you could still assign your own attributes and...well...completely scrap the new skill system, I'd be a pretty happy camper.

I stand corrected though "Early 2012" is pretty vague.

Anyway to the actual changes:

Why the holy fuck does Blizzard keep thinking that REMOVING stats is a good idea!?

I think removing the scroll of identification is really fucking stupid. What's the bloody point of having unidentified items anymore?

Moving stats to the inventory screen is a neat idea.

Dedicated potion button and town portal button are also nice.

Blizzard is obsessed with casual gaming. Even now they look at WoW subscription losses as a result of the game not being accessible to everyone. Never mind the fact that the game exploded to fame while it was still pretty hardcore, then flat lined and went down when they kept trying to make it more and more casual friendly.

We're dropping Defense, Attack, and Precision as attributes, Armor is taking over for what Defense used to provide, +Physical Resist will take over for Armor, and +Chance to Crit will fill in for Precision. Obviously these stat changes are one of the bigger systems changes we're currently working on as they have far reaching requirements to re-itemize and balance the game.

Strength
+Barbarian damage
+Armor
Dexterity
+Demon Hunter damage
+Monk damage
+Dodge
Intellect
+Wizard damage
+Witch Doctor damage
+Health from globes
Vitality
+Health

So basically they now have D3 down to a 1 stat system, and character customization will go down the tubes. Everyone will just stack +Damage for their class and +Health as needed, then focus on one or two secondary stats. They really should just drop items with a single stat that says +X BETTER.

Last edited:
It's being delayed to finish the proper console port. The exact same thing happened to DA:O. The finished PC version sat there from February to November until the consoles were done.

My thoughts exactly. As for D3. No interest. New team.. Different developers in theory. Bring on Torchlight 2.

I'm in the beta and for all honesty it's boring as hell. D2's magic is just not there. I mean I will buy it and beat it seems just plain boring.

I'm in the beta and for all honesty it's boring as hell. D2's magic is just not there. I mean I will buy it and beat it seems just plain boring.

That will teach them not to make boring games!

Quick! Everyone, throw more money at them!

yay! another dumbed down portion of the game. Lets just destroy all things Diablo. Why the fuck even have unidentified items if you can just as easily identify them yourself? Stupid.

Unidentified items and identify scrolls is stupid. It just created an extra step in getting an item, pretty freaking retarded IMO.

^ Which makes their new system more retarded still, regardless. Why should I waste time to wait for an item to identify? Why not just cut identification out of the equation then like Titan Quest?

As for the tp/neph cube etc thing, their new system still is pretty poor. I don't want to be going back to town to sell or scrap loot I don't want, I only want to go back to get quest updates, upgrade equipment and stock up potions. Their judgment on creating breaks in combat is severely mistaken. At least Torchlight gave you pets who can autosell equipment you don't want...

Protip: Diablo 1 was already a deeply "casualized" RPG for its date (action-RPG compared to "oldschool" RPG).

Now its being even more casualized!!!

I get the sneaky feeling that it's being delayed because the recent announcement to bring it to consoles, if they want to keep some kind of cross platform play, some kind of common store between the 2 or have any interactions between the 2 versions then they'll need to keep a lot of the mechanics the same.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is dumbed down somewhat for the consoles basically, consolization is now unavoidable completely, the last few bastions of PC gaming have fallen Valve gave in eventually and consolized the crap out of their games and now this...next we'll hear Stalker 2 will be console as well and be dumbed down :rolleyes:

You can't delay something that never had a release date in the first place and really it isn't a Blizzard game without people waiting stupidly long times for it to release.

This^, with lulz at people who stated "yeah! early 2012 at the latest" last summer.

what is this delay ? from what i understand d3 has no release date until blizzard decides the game is done and ready so quit your bitching!

I will continue to wait patiently until they release the game in its complete form. I've been in beta since November and it has tided me over. Can't wait to play around with the new changes.

what is this delay ? from what i understand d3 has no release date until blizzard decides the game is done and ready so quit your bitching!

Except that they originally planned to release in late 2011, and then officially announced it was "delayed" until early 2012.

Now, they say they have major changes to continue to make. Sounds like the end of this year at the earliest.

Doesn't really matter to me though, I won't be buying this. The real money auction house soured me to it. With the direction Blizzard is going with all their games, I could really see myself never buying another of their products again. Sad really, I never thought I would say that with a straight face.

Back