Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Actually I think the multishot build came out as rank 1 after the buff. Either way, I roll DH every season and I can confirm that multishot is so op I would almost call it broken. I finished the season journey after around 18 hours of play time this season. I was running gr70s with pretty much just the basic MS set. Even with completing the journey I only had two ancient pieces of gear. Honestly, I'd consider my gear to be trash and I can still run gr80 like it's nothing. I can solo a 4 player t13 rift like I'm playing on normal. I'm guessing we get t15 next season.

Ugh, you're making me want to switch. I'm not really enjoying Necro. All the builds are Corpse Lance based, and that's basically no fun at all to play. Every other build is so far down the pole, it feels not even worth it to do.

Well it will be a big change for you. Barb is all melee. And DH is basically all ranged.
Yeah its going to take some getting used to. Barb is super easy to play when you just spam whirlwind and not really have to worry about much else. DH has been a bit of a struggle so for but that's mostly because I don't know what any of the skills do and have been messing around with them to see what I like.

I remmeber when I was like 8 years old. I got my hands on Diablo 2. And I played it over and over and over again. I had like hundreds of hours on that game.

A few years later I relalized, that it was just a demo. And not a full game. :D

Well, it would not happend with any of current games.

Yeah its going to take some getting used to. Barb is super easy to play when you just spam whirlwind and not really have to worry about much else. DH has been a bit of a struggle so for but that's mostly because I don't know what any of the skills do and have been messing around with them to see what I like.

I solo'd my Monk to Paragon 300+ and loved ever second of it last season. Thought I would switch things up and try out the Demon Hunter. Big....fucking....adjustment needed. The struggle is real :notworthy:

I am getting use to DH as well. Havent gotten all my set gear yet but will switch to an impale build when i get the right pieces

Ugh, you're making me want to switch. I'm not really enjoying Necro. All the builds are Corpse Lance based, and that's basically no fun at all to play. Every other build is so far down the pole, it feels not even worth it to do.
I played a twin scythe melee Necro last season and made it to GR 60'ish on HC. The build has a high risk, high reward flavor to it, but I enjoyed it a lot. I didn't get the chance to fully optimize my equipment by the time the season was over, though. I only had 871k sheet DPS and 27.2 million sheet toughness. It used the Inarius set with Twin Scythes and Bone Storm as the core skills.
I solo'd my Monk to Paragon 300+ and loved ever second of it last season. Thought I would switch things up and try out the Demon Hunter. Big....fucking....adjustment needed. The struggle is real :notworthy:
I'm having the exact opposite problem. Went from a Demon Hunter secondary toon to a Monk primary and I'm having a hard time finding a decent setup for leveling. I've never played Monk before and I'm not enjoying it at all.

I'm having the exact opposite problem. Went from a Demon Hunter secondary toon to a Monk primary and I'm having a hard time finding a decent setup for leveling. I've never played Monk before and I'm not enjoying it at all.

I think I remember leveling a monk as being tough early on. Once you hit max level, things really take off with set bonuses. This season's set bonus, Uliana's Strategem, was my primary set last season and it's a BLAST. Rounding up a mob with their group-pull and blasting them sky high with Exploding Palm and Seven Sided Strike was always a rush for me. I've yet to find a synergy combo that I enjoy with the Demon Hunter though :(

Been over a years since I have played. Is the necromancer pack required now or is it optional? If optional, is it worth getting?

Been over a years since I have played. Is the necromancer pack required now or is it optional? If optional, is it worth getting?

Optional, and that entirely depends on if you want to play a new character or not. I've put hundreds of hours into D3 and have no interest in the Necro.

Charge and whirlwind barb have been buffed, they are among the top 5 or 6 builds for gr's now. They are have much more potential than any DH build.

Don't forget the Hammer of the Ancients build that one got a MAJOR buff. I've already cleared a GR 76 solo and a 78 group and none of my gear has perfect stats or has been augmented not to mention I don't have the BiS weapons, I'm using two random weapons granted they are ancient legendary but they aren't the specific ones to really start pushing the build.

I think I remember leveling a monk as being tough early on. Once you hit max level, things really take off with set bonuses. This season's set bonus, Uliana's Strategem, was my primary set last season and it's a BLAST. Rounding up a mob with their group-pull and blasting them sky high with Exploding Palm and Seven Sided Strike was always a rush for me. I've yet to find a synergy combo that I enjoy with the Demon Hunter though :(
I just found a Balance Daibo around level 50 that I cubed after it became too weak, and that alone has made my Monk come alive using a Tempest Rush build. My build is as optimized as can be using standard gear drops, so I'm off to Torment III to complete the seasonal challenges and get Haedrig's Gift. Getting a Whimsydale portal shortly after hitting level 70 was awesome.

I just used a Multishot build like everyone else last season. Pretty boring compared to some builds, admittedly, but Torment XIII was a cake walk with it.

So what skills did you use? I got the set last night and having issues getting the flow of it. It is quite awesome exploding things, but the cooldown on 7-sided Strike and trying to manage my Focus are killing me. I currently have 22% cooldown reduction. I also got a shitty roll on the torso piece that isn't helping, even though it did roll as an Ancient. I got a couple of Lion's Claws, but neither of them rolled a socket. I cubed the weaker one, though, so I at least have it's bonus equipped. I really wish the drop rate for Ramaladni's Gift was higher...

I might just continue farming with my Tempest Rush build until I can get some better equipment. I can do T4 with it while I can only manage T2 with the Exploding Palm build right now at Paragon 80.

So what skills did you use?

Your Seven Sided Strike is your boss killer. It wrecks.

I'm definitely no expert on the class, as it's been a couple of months since I've played it, but my normal routine for farming rifts was this guide. I zipped to the middle of a large pack, used cyclone strike to suck them all in, used exploding palm (if necessary) and and after three hits of the Way of a Hundred Fists, everything explodes and goes flying.

Alright, I gave up on my Barb build. I just don't get any enjoyment spamming whirlwind on every map, and I'm not one to shoot for leader boards. Time to level up my Monk again, still the most fun I've had with a class so far.

I think I'm giving up on my Monk and going for a Witch Doctor :eek:. I feel like doing another Necromancer after the recent patch changes, too. I think I'm just not really digging the melee classes in this game at this point.

Haven't even gotten the Necromancer class yet. Let me know if you end up trying it out!
I played one last season. There is some diverse build potential. I played a Skeletal Mage summoner with the Rathma set, which was a kiting and squishy character, but could melt elite packs and bosses. Normal mob group kills were not so fast. I also got a full Inarius set which is a tough melee character with which group kills were a lot faster, but single target suffered a bit. Both brought unique play styles and fun in their own right, but the latter was more rewarding. The class is definitely OP while leveling. I was able to hit 70 faster than any other class I've played. Took a little less than 2 hours. I never got the confidence to go beyond T11 with either build in hardcore, though. Apparently a build using Corpse Lance is currently top-tier, but I never tried one. Sounded boring and tedious to me.

That's what I dread the most; leveling a class until you hit that Tormant ceiling and being forced to switch to a meta build that isn't as fun as what took you to that ceiling.

That's what I dread the most; leveling a class until you hit that Tormant ceiling and being forced to switch to a meta build that isn't as fun as what took you to that ceiling.

Their laughably poor ability to balance the sets is what spawned those (now discontinued) "Play Your Way Thursday" articles on the D3 main site. The poor saps would submit builds with no set support and show how they were "playing their way" on like Torment 1.

They did a top-down revamp of sets with the latest patch but for some reason left Legacy of Nightmares as it was. Playing a DH this season, I have the choice of a 1200% Shadows set, a 1300% LoN option, a 3500% Nats set, a 8600(ish)% UE set, or a 15,000% Marauder's set. Personally I would prefer to build around the Shadow set, but 1200% is basically unusable unless I'm also using Impale and the 50,000% bonus...so might as well just keep clearing the screen with Multishot. Once it starts getting a little stale and I realize my creativity will not be rewarded in any way is usually when I stop playing each season, which is a shame because the game is so fun.

Your Seven Sided Strike is your boss killer. It wrecks.

I'm definitely no expert on the class, as it's been a couple of months since I've played it, but my normal routine for farming rifts was this guide. I zipped to the middle of a large pack, used cyclone strike to suck them all in, used exploding palm (if necessary) and and after three hits of the Way of a Hundred Fists, everything explodes and goes flying.
Thanks, I gave this guide a look and found what I was doing wrong. I can now do T5 at Paragon 87 with this build and current equipment. I'm still to squishy with only 6.2 million sheet toughness to go higher. I've been getting shit for drops lately, though. Also was on my way to getting Witch Doctor to 70, but fell asleep half way there. I'm going to focus on Witch Doctor for now as I'll be able to grind Paragon levels a lot faster with it.

I played one last season. There is some diverse build potential. I played a Skeletal Mage summoner with the Rathma set, which was a kiting and squishy character, but could melt elite packs and bosses. Normal mob group kills were not so fast. I also got a full Inarius set which is a tough melee character with which group kills were a lot faster, but single target suffered a bit. Both brought unique play styles and fun in their own right, but the latter was more rewarding. The class is definitely OP while leveling. I was able to hit 70 faster than any other class I've played. Took a little less than 2 hours. I never got the confidence to go beyond T11 with either build in hardcore, though. Apparently a build using Corpse Lance is currently top-tier, but I never tried one. Sounded boring and tedious to me.

I went out and geared up a ZDPS Necro, been having fun with it. Been running SC GR85's in 2 man and so far a GR89 in 4 man.

How's everyone's season going so far?

Still immortal on HC this season. Hit P800 and finished an 85 solo first try last night in 11 min and change. Really need a stricken for RG though but my Amulet doesn't have socket :-/

Attachments

• 350x700px-LL-208965b4_Screenshot022.jpeg
    350x700px-LL-208965b4_Screenshot022.jpeg
    12.6 KB · Views: 23
Might be my last season. I'm just not feeling this game anymore. The bullshit RNG certainly doesn't help, but I also feel like I've now experienced everything the game has to offer. I'm now just finishing off getting the Necromancer achievements on the Xbox version.

Might be my last season. I'm just not feeling this game anymore. The bullshit RNG certainly doesn't help, but I also feel like I've now experienced everything the game has to offer. I'm now just finishing off getting the Necromancer achievements on the Xbox version.

I own the game on PS3 or PS4. Can't remember which one. It was the only way I could get the wife to try. I was bored in a couple hours. Playing this game with a controller just doesn't do it any justice IMO. Also, the fact they removed loot sharing on console makes this game just worthless as a multiplayer game on console. Really poor experience.

How's everyone's season going so far?

I decided to jump back in a play. Been playing DH this season again and am pushing some solid DPS playing shadow/impale...

So far, I've completed a GR99 successfully with enough time to spare where I feel I should be able to push a 100 without too many issues.

I decided to jump back in a play. Been playing DH this season again and am pushing some solid DPS playing shadow/impale...

So far, I've completed a GR99 successfully with enough time to spare where I feel I should be able to push a 100 without too many issues.

Nice! This is on softcore or hardcore? The Shadow/Impale build is very strong. I've noticed there's an awkward spot damage wise on T13 rifts where the elites need won't tank enough to proc the 2nd impale on Karleis.

Nice! This is on softcore or hardcore? The Shadow/Impale build is very strong. I've noticed there's an awkward spot damage wise on T13 rifts where the elites need won't tank enough to proc the 2nd impale on Karleis.

Did a solo GR100 in a little over 11 and a half minutes yesterday afternoon. Guess it's time to start pushing 101+...

I'm playing on softcore this season.

On T13, you can work around that second impale issue if you use:
Companion: Bat
Vengeance: Seethe

Cube armor slot: Visage of Gunes

You'll lose some toughness, but stuff dies on the first hit every time anyway, so not much of a big deal...

Made a little more progress last night. Hit top 46 on softcore season demon hunter. Did a 103 in 13:50.

What sucks is that I only had a speed and channeling pylon... I can't stand fishing for the perfect GR, and it seems ever time I do something over GR100, I get either crap for elites and lots of trash, or no pylons...

As I stated before, it took me 18 hours to finish the season journey with my DH this season. That didn't exactly scratch the itch so I've still been playing. I realized that I haven't played a Wizard since before ROS came out, so I never had one geared properly with a set or anything. I decided now would be a good time to try one so I had one leveled to 70 and did the usual gather blood shards on my DH and spend them on my new Wizard.

It took way longer than it usually does for me to get a full six piece set but I ended up getting enough of the Firebird set first. I started playing it and had issues staying alive even in regular rifts and wasn't very happy. The leader boards were full of the Tal Rasha set and reading over the set bonuses I thought I would enjoy that more so I continued the grind but again, it took forever for me to get six pieces. Once I got them I banged out a GR90 on my first shot. I also enjoyed the play style but the build uses the Unity so I figured it would only be good for solo pushing. I looked around and did not see any builds for groups.

I had heard rumors of Necros doing speed 90-100GRs in groups so I thought why not try one of them. Again I had one leveled and spent shards going for a set, and again it took forever to get a full six piece set. Eventually I got one of the sets and hated the play style so I tried another and hated that one too. Honestly as strong as they are, I really didn't enjoy playing the Necro at all.

At this point I went back to my Wizard and decided to see what happened if I substituted the Unity with another ring and was presently surprised to find that even in group GRs I can handle a 90 without much issue. The only other downfall is that the build I am using is super slow on regular rifts, but I just found a speed Tal Rasha frozen orb build last night so that solves that issue. I decided to properly gear and augment my Wizard since it was new and exciting.

I don't know why, but this season has been atrocious for getting gear for me. I've reforged my Wizard weapon at least 20 times and still don't have an ancient. Tal Rasha gear never seems to drop and when it does it's not worth using and almost never ancient. The ancients I have found have terrible rolls and I don't even want to augment them. Then there are the primals... I did my GR70 the second day of the season so I've gotten a few by now. All of them are trash except the one Firebird set item I found, and I'm not even using that set. I'm talking Puzzle Ring, Wyrdward, Enchantress token, St Archew's Gage, etc. I literally have not found a primal I can use for any of my builds and I think I've found around 10.

I've got two pieces of gear augmented and only one of those I'm happy about, and I think I've got 10 gems at level 80+ so it's not from a lack of play time. Good useful gear will just not drop for me this season. If I don't find some good gear soon I'm probably going to stop for the season.

This season has been excellent for drops for me.. getting a few good quality usable primals here and there...

I can't stay interested. Bored with grinding I guess.
Not digging the necro, started over with a Barb this season.
Just mindless point and click for me at this point.

Might be time to call it a day with this game perhaps

Made a little more progress last night. Hit top 46 on softcore season demon hunter. Did a 103 in 13:50.

What sucks is that I only had a speed and channeling pylon... I can't stand fishing for the perfect GR, and it seems ever time I do something over GR100, I get either crap for elites and lots of trash, or no pylons...
Congrats! I have the same luck on RnG myself. Unfortunately the top of the deck on the LB are all fishing just to squeeze another GR level or two.

I can't stay interested. Bored with grinding I guess.
Not digging the necro, started over with a Barb this season.
Just mindless point and click for me at this point.

Might be time to call it a day with this game perhaps
Have you tried hardcore yet? It's the only way I stay interested now.

Back