Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I'll be on for Season 10 to get my last stash tab. BehindTimes#1460 if anyone's interested in leveling up to 70 (HC or SC is fine).

Hopefully, they don't take down Kanai's stomping ground. That at the moment is the fastest way to level up without outside help.

I'll be on PTR a little bit tonight if anyone is interested in doing build tests.
Jeremiah#1810

EDIT: I retract what I said. I'm on PTR character copy cooldown... which is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Learn something new every day. The thread on reddit:

Tested it out. Managed to hit level 30 in roughly 30 minutes from the start of the game, which is much faster than what I had previously accomplished. And you can get to level 45 within an hour. This also is a fairly safe method, even on HC.

2+ characters. Reach level 12+. Have a third character start a T6 (1) game, and join that game. The level 1 character leaves the game. Focus on density heavy maps. But, as you'll be getting very little gold and no upgrades from this, you'll also need to run one act of bounties, which will give you ~640k of gold. If you're very lucky, you'll be able to get some imperial rubies, which will make the game MUCH easier.

If playing in a group, just make sure to all stick close together, and don't be too powerful (focus on +XP gear and toughness instead of damage). It's based on a massacre bonus, so everyone will need to land hits on enemies, otherwise you'll have 1 person at level 40 and another at level 30. T6 (1) though gives a similar XP as playing on Master (30), while the enemies are significantly weaker. We lost the bonus quite a lot of times, which is probably why we only averaged a level every 1-2 minutes. But overall, it was still much faster than rifts for the first 30 levels.

But perhaps split up into two teams of two for the bounty run, and 640k gold is a nice starting amount to max out your blacksmith, especially for level reduce weapons. (And maybe someone get's Cain's from the bounty?)

If you get imperial rubies (for your weapons, rather than helm), and level reduced weapons, rifting from 40+ onwards might be an easier approach. (The difference in levels in your group will disappear around level 50, give or take).

Now, when we tested, we decided to go for Leoric's Crown after, figuring we were halfway there anyway. The thread suggests it's a waste of time, but 4 players with 4 Leoric's Crowns gave a pretty nice xp boost. But maybe hold off until level 50+ before defeating the skeleton king? Regardless, you should be looking at a 2-3 hour run to get everyone to 70.

Damn, I want to play this again but it's been so long but really tempted to just wait for the necro.

Managed to get a primal ancient Occulus Ring for my first one. I'd love to get a PA Fist of Ast'st'asdasrasrasrasdaqqqqqqq because the EP damage roll for mine can definitely be improved.

I wonder how much better a PA Yangs would be, as mine is kinda decent.
d3-yangs-ancient.jpg

anyone willing to let me sit in some rifts so i can level to 70 without going through the campaign for an eighth time? hit me up - knifemagnet#1916

Last edited:
anyone willing to let me sit in some rifts so i can level to 70 without going through the campaign for an eighth time? hit me up - knifemagnet#1916
I'll rush you if I have time. My kid is sick this morning so I might not be able to be on too long. I added you I'm Cyonik#1603

Any one else had a issue with this game running like crap on there high end system? Has a odd studdering to it ? Seams like a lot of other people are having the issue but I can't really find a fix for it. Any one here having the issue?

Any one else had a issue with this game running like crap on there high end system? Has a odd studdering to it ? Seams like a lot of other people are having the issue but I can't really find a fix for it. Any one here having the issue?

I had similar stuttering issues until I left all communities. My system is far from high end but enough to run the game maxxed out if that makes any difference. Might want to try that and see if that helps.

Did that already, funny thing I tried last night I found that other people tried was take it off your OS drive. I have it running off a USB 3.0 drive right now and seams to have cleared up the issue.. only got to play for a few minutes off the USB drive. Going to mess with it more today.

Use the 32-bit client. The 64-bit client has real issues. I avoid it, because it makes playing HC near impossible.

Use the 32-bit client. The 64-bit client has real issues. I avoid it, because it makes playing HC near impossible.
They've had some patches I think, it's better than it was. I'm on the 64-bit one now and most of the stuttering has disappeared.

Did that already, funny thing I tried last night I found that other people tried was take it off your OS drive. I have it running off a USB 3.0 drive right now and seams to have cleared up the issue.. only got to play for a few minutes off the USB drive. Going to mess with it more today.

Are you running Nvidia ShadowPlay? I decided to pick both D3 and Overwatch back up after some time away and both games stutter horrible unless I turn off ShadowPlay (or "instant replay" as it now seems to be named).

Don't have that running, didn't install the gforce experience. Game use to run great when I played it a while back. Now on a 5820k @ 4.4ghz with a 1080 gtx it runs like crap. Any other game I play is fine just Diablo 3 studders and or jerks..

Last edited:
So figured out my issue with Diablo 3 running smoothly. I had speed step turned on and it wasn't clocking the cpu past 1.2ghz when I was playing Diablo 3.. Turned if off and now runs smooth.

Huh, that's weird.

Anyone playing Wiz? Magnum Opus is boring me to tears. I'm remarkably tanky, but my DPS are so low that it's a challenge to solo anything... Maybe I need to find better gear (only Para 100~ish), but I'm not sure I'm going to complete the season. :(

I completed the season journey and all the conquests. Got both my HC & SC chars to be Primal Ancient ready. So I think I'm good with this season. I was going to do the same on the PS4, but my gawd, the game is a mess on the consoles.

Seen a video displaying different character builds with this game just amazing looking.
Here is the video

So I saw a thread in GenMay a few weeks back with one of those vids from Rhykker and decided to try the demo.

While I hate to admit it, I have never played Diablo. Any of the Diablos...

Now I only want to play more Diablo.

So I saw a thread in GenMay a few weeks back with one of those vids from Rhykker and decided to try the demo.

While I hate to admit it, I have never played Diablo. Any of the Diablos...

Now I only want to play more Diablo.

Have you played any ARPG's before?

This a good Casual game? I want to try the game now after seeing all of the improvements they made since 2012

This a good Casual game? I want to try the game now after seeing all of the improvements they made since 2012

Yea you will get burned out after a while, like most of us put it down a few months then come right back and play for a month or so non stop just to do it over. Every time they come out with a big patch I come back and play some more.

It's casual in the sense that you can stop playing anytime and skip a couple seasons without missing much. When you do jump into a season it tends to drag you in, but it doesn't require the insane grinding something like WOW does.

Back