Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Finished a greater rift level 15 at torment 2. Ive noticed with my greater rifts that nothing drops. Absolutely nothing, no gold, no nothing. Only the rift guardian drops stuff. Is that normal?

Finished a greater rift level 15 at torment 2. Ive noticed with my greater rifts that nothing drops. Absolutely nothing, no gold, no nothing. Only the rift guardian drops stuff. Is that normal?
Two things.

One, I don't think what torment level you're playing effects the level of the GRift. You can be playing at Expert level and a level 60 GRift would be the same difficulty if you were doing it on Torment VI.

Two, nothing drops when you're doing the GRift. Just race the clock. At the end, you upgrade your gems along with a loot drop of items. The Neph rifts drop the items along with the things to do GRifts.

I probably just confused the hell out of you.

Made sense. Thanks.

I guess I watched some YouTube videos that loot was dropping. I assumed they were greater rifts. Must not have been.

First, you are missing Invigoration off of the Preparation skill (unless it just isn't displaying) which is an extra 20 discipline. That is a large amount of damage. I also use Vault - Tumble since ideally you don't want enemies close to you so they will never be hitting the trail of cinders. Plus it helps keep discipline up.

The biggest problem I see is your passive skills. Cull of the weak is a 20% damage increase vs slowed / chilled enemies but right now you have nothing to do that. If you change Steady Aim to Thrill of the Hunt you instantly get a 20% damage increase to anything you hit with multishot. You also aren't using ballistics which increases rocket damage by 100%. Couple that with Vengeance - Seethe (which you have) and you are missing out on a ton of damage. Unfortunately that means losing Awareness which is really useful when pushing high GR's. Your amulet is pretty epic but if you craft a Hellfire that has a good passive it might be worth replacing, even if you do lose some damage.

Another big thing is the Cindercoat in the cube. Ideally you want Visage of Gunes which gives you 50% damage reduction when you have Vengeance active. If you haven't found one yet I'd suggest gambling for one. This is another reason you want permanent Vengeance, for the permanent 50% damage reduction. On that note, I think it's 37% CDR will give you permanent Vengeance with a tiny bit of overlap. You'll need 8% CDR on some gear + paragon points if you want to make that happen.

A witching hour belt will add a nice bump in damage if you can find one. You obviously are missing a bunch of damage from your Focus and Restraint but there's not much you can do about that until you find good ones. Most of your re-rolls are good but a couple can be bumped up and few % if you have the materials to do so.

The last thing I can really point out is the gems. For pushing GR's i'll use Bane of the Trapped, Stricken, and Zeis. For rifts I usually run Boons (with an avarice band in the cube), Bane of the Trapped, and Bane of the Powerful. There's nothing wrong with Wreath of Lightning, its just a personal preference. Bane of the Trapped is another big damage boost to anything you hit with multishot assuming you are running Thrill of the hunt.

Here is my profile if you want a reference: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cypher-1528/hero/65242211

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

For T10/T13 farming you don't need Visage of Gunes. Goldwrap + Boon of the Hoarder takes care of any survivability issues.

That's actually a really good point. Hard to die when you have a gold streak in the millions with Goldwrap :)

For farming I tend to stick to T10 or below, T11~T13 is too inefficient for anything specific.

Basically, my bench mark is that, if in a Greater rift that is the same level as torment you want to farm, and if you cannot complete it in under 4~5 minutes, then it's not worth doing Torment rift of the same level, because Grift 4~5 minutes increases to about 6 minutes if you start picking up DB's, and drop rates crawl up the torment levels, but monster HP increases really dramatically (EG T13 has 10x the amount of HP as T10).

If you are after forgotten souls, then it's a toss up, I didn't do any detailed studies into forgotten souls per hour, since I never really run out of them. Ironically I am currently running out of normal crafting mats because I had been gathering a ton of DB's to get ancient Yang's. Probably need to run normals for the whites and convert them.

I did a 1h run on DB's using Shadow 4 with Sages, on T8 it gave me about 500 DB's an hour.

Finally got my full Roland set for the crusader last night (the season armor gift). Changed out most of my skills to use the 6 piece armor bonus.

Wow. DPS dramatic improvement. Really shining now. I'm going to try to do some Torment 7 rifts this weekend. I'm looking at 7, because it's the lowest level of the next tier. In regards to drops.

I'm missing legendary gems and weapon for the build, those are my most needed items.

Very much worth getting the set.

The season set is always worth getting, it's a matter of which set is worth more or which set one likes to play the most.

Of the 4 Crusader sets, the one I am in any shape of liking is the Hammer set. Roland is squishy and is too resource management dependent (both the Sweep and Shield bash builds), Akkan's set depends far too much on Akkarat's Champion active (you do very little damage otherwise) and Invoker has all the disadvantage of a melee build (ie can't do goblins for shit).

I was in a tossup between WD (Helltooth) and a DH (Unhallowed Essence), but I chose DH, since I wanted to do the season journey with minimal fuss, and maybe switch into another character when the season journey is done.

I have a major hard time getting Ancient Yang's though, compared to last season.

With the full Roland's and T4-6 (so far, will do T7 later tonight or tomorrow) I was happy to down a couple of treasure goblins. I couldn't do that earlier at T2.

Overall I'm having a blast.

I bought this game when it was a pre order. Finally go around to playing.

Finished Guardian journey last night, with just under 49H total time played with a UE DH. I only got ancient yang's for Grift 66~75 solo and level 70 gems, probably the last 4 hours or so of game time.

Some of this time was spent helping clanmates getting their T13 rifts and testing Shadow/Sages DB farmer, and also solo bounty hunting rather than public games.

For those who are doing the season journey, if you are going after conqueror, make sure you level your gems to level 40 before augmenting them, if you are going for guardian. make sure they are level 50.

I just need to do the rift in under 5. Which should in theory be the easiest part, but with pubs it's a crap shoot.

EDIT: I also am getting into Gob farming. Man, it's going to be impossible to get my wings. I know how impossible it is, but still trying.

EDIT 2: I didn't look into all the reqs. I guess I also have to master a set dungeon as well. I think I've done everything else though after reading the extensive list, including the 3 conquests and 3x 50 gem enhancements.

====

EDIT 3: I just went ahead and completed the entire season journey tonight. For the record, Unhallowed DH set dungeon ticks me off to no end. Getting 3x 70 gems was less annoying.

Last edited:
EDIT 3: I just went ahead and completed the entire season journey tonight. For the record, Unhallowed DH set dungeon ticks me off to no end. Getting 3x 70 gems was less annoying.

That one drove me crazy as well. Must have spent a total of half a day doing that one, sat down 3 different times to try and complete it.

Trying to get the Cosmic Wings is a nightmare.

got them first day they came out on the first goblin i seen last season, havent really played much since... the season thing is getting boring as shit. they need a new class

got them first day they came out on the first goblin i seen last season, havent really played much since... the season thing is getting boring as shit. they need a new class
No way really. Christ. I think the wifey and I are 80-ish rainbow goblins in with no luck.

So I started re-dling D3 last night, got out of the shower, and it was finished.

I took one look at the Bnet launch window, shivered, and immediately uninstalled lol.

I think I'm just going to stick with Grim Dawn for now.

No way really. Christ. I think the wifey and I are 80-ish rainbow goblins in with no luck.

I decided before the season started that I was going to quest for the cosmic wings, knowing it was probably going to be ridiculous RNG. My friend and I played together on day 1 of the season and found a rainbow goblin while leveling, but no wings. Played solo for the weekend and didn't come across any more. Played with that same friend again on Monday and we found both a rainbow goblin and "Princess Lilian" who dropped the wings!

I expected so much more of a grind that it was something of a "oh, well okay then..." moment. I don't like a lot of the others but the cosmic wings look really sweet.

I came across a rainbow gob while doing my 50 million gold pickup in Fields of Misery but didn't go in. I didn't know that you could get wings in there, thought it was just a normal whimsey area.

I decided before the season started that I was going to quest for the cosmic wings, knowing it was probably going to be ridiculous RNG. My friend and I played together on day 1 of the season and found a rainbow goblin while leveling, but no wings. Played solo for the weekend and didn't come across any more. Played with that same friend again on Monday and we found both a rainbow goblin and "Princess Lilian" who dropped the wings!

I expected so much more of a grind that it was something of a "oh, well okay then..." moment. I don't like a lot of the others but the cosmic wings look really sweet.

:(

I came across a rainbow gob while doing my 50 million gold pickup in Fields of Misery but didn't go in. I didn't know that you could get wings in there, thought it was just a normal whimsey area.

Yeah Rainbow Goblins open a portal to Whimsydale (chance for Princess Lillian => drop cosmic wings), the Staff of Herding opens the portal to Whimsyshire (I forget what the enemy is named => Rainbow portrait).

We did get Ravi Lilliwhite => Liv Moore pet in Weeping Hollow.

It used to be another Whimsy area, but it did have a larger amount of Pinatas than the Staff of Herding Whimsy (it drops the Hamburger).

2.4.1 distinguished the two by having portrait drop only from the Staff of Herding Whimsy and the wings only from the Rainbow Goblin whimsy.

So I started re-dling D3 last night, got out of the shower, and it was finished.

I took one look at the Bnet launch window, shivered, and immediately uninstalled lol.

I think I'm just going to stick with Grim Dawn for now.
Okay... Did it conjure up bad memories, or what's the deal?

What's a goblin run? How is it done?
It's going into Adventure mode and hitting up places where the observed treasure goblin spawn rate is high.

For example, my quick route is Old Ruins -> Leoric's Passage // Royal Crypts // Southern Highlands -> Cave of the Moon Clan 1 and 2

It may help to use a character you can dash/run very fast and you don't want to do anything other than reveal the map and find goblins.

Reactions: Liver
like this
I've been away for about a week, but I just finished Chapter III on my Crusader last night. Still using the blessed hammer build. I tear right through Torment I. Looks like the next requirements are Torment IV which shouldn't be an issue.

It's going into Adventure mode and hitting up places where the observed treasure goblin spawn rate is high.

For example, my quick route is Old Ruins -> Leoric's Passage // Royal Crypts // Southern Highlands -> Cave of the Moon Clan 1 and 2

It may help to use a character you can dash/run very fast and you don't want to do anything other than reveal the map and find goblins.
My run route is:

Pandemonium fortress level 1 (this place nearly always spawns either 0 or 2 goblins, I have only ever seen 1 goblin spawn, but otherwise always 2 or 0, it looks the same on level 2, so I might be including that in my runs) -> Core of Areat -> Royal Crypt -> Festering Woords -> Leoric's Courtyard -> Leoric's Hunting grounds -> Northern Highland -> Southern Highlan -> Cave of the Moon Clan 1 & 2.

I use LoN perma pony for goblin farming, and I do them on T7.

So I'm working on my set dungeon bonus thing. Crusader using Roland's Set. Heh, I need to do waaaaay more rifts to gear up and get some gems. I last about a minute in there. >.<

Reinstalled on PC to give it another go. Find out you have to have a skill bound to mouse 1 button. I can't remember if it was always like that. I don't think it was. Forget that. Can't stand that. Only work around is to bind force move to some other key which just sucks.

Completed the season (probably the third one so far), and this is the first time I've had a basically complete build: Multishot/Vengeance Demon Hunter. Crazy fun, Glass cannon and a half. Now to try this goblin farming and see if I can get some wings or pets! Should Gob runs be at any particular difficulty?

Reinstalled on PC to give it another go. Find out you have to have a skill bound to mouse 1 button. I can't remember if it was always like that. I don't think it was. Forget that. Can't stand that. Only work around is to bind force move to some other key which just sucks.
Technically you don't, but it will always be bound to auto attack regardless. You can't change the key binding, if that is what you're talking about.

Completed the season (probably the third one so far), and this is the first time I've had a basically complete build: Multishot/Vengeance Demon Hunter. Crazy fun, Glass cannon and a half. Now to try this goblin farming and see if I can get some wings or pets! Should Gob runs be at any particular difficulty?

Difficulty does not matter. Rainbow goblins do not spawn inside rifts, and there is only 1 rainbow portal to Whimsydale per generated game (i.e. if you find and complete one you should leave game and start over from the main menu).

I've done about 50+ rainbow goblins and nothing to show for it. Getting the pets is not that difficult (Menagerist goblins) aside from the one rare pet in Weeping Hollow (Ravi Lilywhite).

The wifey and I run normal:

Old Ruins -> Leoric's Passage -> (sometimes adding on Cathedral 2-4)
Royal Crypts
Southern Highlands -> Northern Highlands -> Leoric's Hunting Grounds
Weeping Hollow

A Sunwoko's Monk or Chicken Witch Doctor can run this seriously fast.

Diablo2HD.com - Evil has survived

Countdown ends November 4th at 11 AM EST, the day Blizzcon 2016 starts. Site is registered through the same channels as other recent Blizzard games, however nothing is officially confirmed and the site appears a bit too amateur to be something from Blizzard... Could still be a troll site or a fan project.

Possibly related:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11...re-warcraft-3-diablo-2-and-starcraft-to-glory
Blizzard hiring new game director for unannounced Diablo project

Back