Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

i mean i always see a few a regulars online and i join other clan mate's games sometimes when there's space.. its fairly active

It's reasonably active. I'd say there's generally 5-6 people on at night. But once again, it's mostly casual, not super serial. I should note, this isn't a complaint, this is just telling how it is. It's totally cool/fine to play casual, I'm just looking for a little more.

So how do I get in? Invite only?

Just look for hocp in the communities or look up Dogsofjune#1252 I'm usually on for a bit in the evenings

This bonus period begins in the Americas region this Friday, September 25, at 12:01 a.m. PDT and ends on Sunday, September 27 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.

This starts in 7 hours, right?

And I just noticed that the Forum is 5 minutes behind. My post says 7:58pm while the correct time is 8:03pm.

As far as "it's competitive because everyone restarts from square one..." that's just silly. I'm sorry, that reason doesn't hold any water at all. The end game in both games is the same, and the MONTHS they give per season is plenty of time for both experiences to converge, minus the extra legendary items they give one side. To get verification of that, go to the leaderboards and look at where NS and Season are at; season will simply be a bit further ahead due to your fancy new gem. If you're a new player (to Diablo in general), the thing you gain from seasons isn't an experience where everyone is doing the same thing you are. There will be more of them, but those types will exist on either side (that is new players). The difference is the largely boosted exp rate. There are plenty of smarter ways they could have incentivized players to either start over, or helped out new players that were getting back in than explicitly DIVIDING THE COMMUNITY EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY RELEASE A LARGE PATCH.

Here is a simple analogy: would you say it's fair competition if one person starts at mile 20 of a marathon and the other starts at mile 0?

No correct? Granted you don't seem to like this and that's fine. You don't have to participate. But you're wrong, the gap isn't closed in a few weeks or a month. One of the most important parts of the game right now in terms of high level competitive play is Paragon levels. And there is no argument you can make that will create balance on the reset of a season to equalize that gap other than everyone starting from zero. You're also not considering new players versus players that have been on since the beginning of Reaper of Souls. Trying to compete as a new entrant in the field you're describing would be near impossible. If seasons didn't exist, there would easily be players with 3k+ paragon levels.

Every player in the top 20 rankings on seasonal right now (according to diabloprogress) is around 1k paragon. There are 6 people under that, the rest are over that. Paragon is a serious advantage, especially when talking about 100's of points. It's the difference between being able to get further than another in a gRift.

From 800 to 1000 Paragon, that's 1000 base stat. And the base stat is what is used as a multiplier for all damage for any class in the game (as well as also contributing to greater toughness for every class as well through either AR or Armor). So from playing more and working harder the people who are competing deserve to be on top. Every serious gRifter plays this game constantly. And it doesn't sound like you have the time or the desire to do this. That's fine. But arguing against something you don't like due to your time constraints doesn't make sense. Seasons and the reset is perfectly logical and the only fair way to have a level playing field.

====

2.) The community isn't divided because of this any more than they are for many alternative reasons. There are people that want different types of play and that's fine. Do you remember the D3 launch and all the people that were pissed that they couldn't do single player offline play? Well, some people never want to even be involved in the community. Some people want to play HC only. Some people want to be competitive, some people don't. I don't think having Seasons is something that really divides the community, I would say player preference does. Because at this point, I only want to play with other people trying to grind out higher gRifts... which if I used the argument you're using, divides the community between people who want to play at a high level and people who don't. So therefore Blizzard should give the EXACT same gear and level to every player so that every player can play together... which doesn't make sense either. Granted that's a strawman, but I'm pointing that out because quite frankly, even if everyone was in one place, we wouldn't play together for a myriad of reasons.

===

3.) Incentivisation is a relative thing. You're not incentivised enough to play Seasons, obviously a lot of other people are. I don't think there is anything that would incentivise you to play Seasons. If most of the [H] community is on seasons and you're not, and you don't want to play, past that what really more can be done? New gear and play modes? Well that's happened and it still wasn't enough. Like I said in my first response... you don't want to play competitively like that, and that's okay.

===

I'm going to be on for the double cache weekend... if people want to form speedy set parties, I would appreciate it. My WD will be going full bore chicken action on it... so lemme know!

Last edited:
The only real point you've brought up is Paragon levels. Point number 2 doesn't make any sense because it's quite clearly dividing the community more than anything else. Almost everyone will attest to that. You're the first person that really thinks it doesn't. You have so many people that play multiplayer. Those people are divided. The pool stays constant. It's been divided. Not very complicated. Point 3 is something you can't really call an argument because you don't know if season division and full restart specifically incentivizes players to keep playing or not. That data is with Blizzard.

Paragons as a reason is not bad... but insufficient. You don't really need to split the community into two separate groups just because of paragons. You could just make characters declared "Seasonal" have higher exp gains and split stash while keeping everything else the same. Again absolutely no reason to actually physically divide the two. That, and the single biggest determiner of anything is RNG and gear. That will never change. Paragon means a lot, but try taking off your amulet. Watch as your damage fizzes out to nothing. Go from an ancient weapon to a non-ancient. Again, same thing.

Furthermore, to simply get on the leaderboards, even in nonseason a few months is enough time to get sufficient paragon levels. I got on the 2p leaderboards last season with like 600-ish paragon. It certainly helps, though. I can't fully counter that argument, only suggest that there were much less divisive ways to solve the problem.

The thing that keeps people coming back is not Blizzard going "hey guys we decided to reset the rankings, go back to square one and level again."

The Diablo series has a long history of getting players to return for precisely that reason. Many players have no hope (or desire) of trying to compete in high level grifts, but will return simply for the fun of starting out with nothing and building up from scratch. You might call it a waste of time while others deem it to be great fun; you don't have to like it for others to enjoy it. Path of Exile has a similar schedule of rolling out temporary leagues, although there are new gameplay themes and features for each one in addition to new items and challenges. In PoE, "standard league" (equivalent of non-seasonal) is called the dumpster league, but many people do play it.

For those that do want to compete in seasonal but have not been mindlessly grinding for the past two years, a reset is a great natural starting point. Make all the arguments you want but there's an "it's all been done" feeling about non-seasonal play that isn't present when a new season starts.

The only real point you've brought up is Paragon levels. Point number 2 doesn't make any sense because it's quite clearly dividing the community more than anything else. Almost everyone will attest to that. You're the first person that really thinks it doesn't. You have so many people that play multiplayer. Those people are divided. The pool stays constant. It's been divided. Not very complicated. Point 3 is something you can't really call an argument because you don't know if season division and full restart specifically incentivizes players to keep playing or not. That data is with Blizzard.

Paragons as a reason is not bad... but insufficient. You don't really need to split the community into two separate groups just because of paragons. You could just make characters declared "Seasonal" have higher exp gains and split stash while keeping everything else the same. Again absolutely no reason to actually physically divide the two. That, and the single biggest determiner of anything is RNG and gear. That will never change. Paragon means a lot, but try taking off your amulet. Watch as your damage fizzes out to nothing. Go from an ancient weapon to a non-ancient. Again, same thing.

Furthermore, to simply get on the leaderboards, even in nonseason a few months is enough time to get sufficient paragon levels. I got on the 2p leaderboards last season with like 600-ish paragon. It certainly helps, though. I can't fully counter that argument, only suggest that there were much less divisive ways to solve the problem.

Okay. I think the conversation at this point is basically over, because you're not really interested in any alternate perspectives. So the bottom line is this: Seasons exists, it's not going anywhere so you have two options: 1) complain about it or 2) play within the constraints of seasons. I guess the third option if there is to be one is quit. Either way, there are clearly plenty of people that like the format. You don't. Great. The end.

I've been playing season mode only since I started playing D2 (Ladder of course) 10+ years ago. There is definitely something exciting about starting fresh even though you just "grinded" out all that good gear last season. I think it's fun.

It's pretty funny Gaby got banned for this yet hes been botting for ages without any issue...hes like the 1 person people know who streams D3 who had 299 hours played when the season had only been live for 312 hours

I had known Gaby to be botting for a long time, but nobody believed me.

I play the seasonals simply because I enjoy starting out fresh. It is not at all about the leaderboards for me. I often feel that resource management becomes to cumbersome, for one, where I don't even want to bother playing anymore. And for two, I just simply get bored because there is really no theorycrafting involved, which is an area of staying power for me in an action RPG. It's why I still play Titan Quest to this day and I get more enjoyment out of Path of Exile. Finding the BIS equipment and stats to marry with elemental synergies is fun in its own right, but there are a real finite amount of combinations one can use practically in D3.

So the seasonals are the only thing that keeps me coming back to D3 at this point. If they did away with them I'd have no reason to keep playing it (until the next xpack comes out, anyway :p).

I am another who only plays D3 during seasons solely because I get to start over again. Basically once I get a character fully geared, maybe missing an ancient or two, the game gets pretty boring for me. The only thing to do after that is grind paragons and push higher GR's or start a different class. I've gotten a DH and a barb geared to the point where I'm pretty bored with both of them. Would I like to be on top of the leaderboards? Yes. The reality is though that there are people playing wayyy more than I can and I will never make it just based on paragons alone. If I was playing nonseason I could just make a new character however the thought of everyone starting at the same place and trying to race them to get better gear is more enjoyable.

That being said, I've been messing around with my hardcore WD and having some fun. I hit paragon 100 last night which is a nice feeling. I still only have a 2pc helltooth set but it allows me to steamroll T1 fine. Its pretty funny getting the hardcore achievements now. I'm sure killing the bosses on torment would have been a huge deal a few patches ago but now even with a 2pc set its not even a worry.

I had known Gaby to be botting for a long time, but nobody believed me.

I mean he did mention it on his stream multiple times...But who cares about botting at this point? There isn't a RMAH anymore.

Is there any word from Blizzard that the WD Arachyr's set is going to be fixed? I'm not a fan of the Helltooth or Zunimassa's playstyles. Arachyr's dps is too low to progress for me at this time. Running out of timer by 3 seconds because this frog keeps eating the mobs is getting annoying. But it is really fun to play at the same time.

What the alternative for Focus and Restraint on a WD? If I haven't found a decent set of those rings in 455 Paragon levels; it probably isn't going to happen. I would like to be able to see what a level 55+ rift looks like. :)

They should fix Helltooth lag as well, because that is getting unbearable (pun intended, maybe :( ). I use Acid Cloud, but it still lags like crazy, probably Necrosis or something.

Playing as a Helltooth WD I've gone as high as a 66 in 4 man... gets pretty intense but loads of fun.

Playing as a Helltooth WD I've gone as high as a 66 in 4 man... gets pretty intense but loads of fun.

Try it with 2 Helltooth WD's :D

It basically ends up freezing the game for 10+ seconds every time there's an elite.

The problem with the game isn't seasons, it's the torment levels. Other than that the game is in a pretty good place... yea it could still use talent points, but there's enough now that it doesn't really matter.

Really wish they'd just remove the difficulty settings and spread them out over the content. Act1 being the easiest, Act5 being the hardest like in D2 so that you'd have an actual feeling of progression. Not just farming the same thing, but harder.

The problem with the game isn't seasons, it's the torment levels. Other than that the game is in a pretty good place... yea it could still use talent points, but there's enough now that it doesn't really matter.

Really wish they'd just remove the difficulty settings and spread them out over the content. Act1 being the easiest, Act5 being the hardest like in D2 so that you'd have an actual feeling of progression. Not just farming the same thing, but harder.

But who actually plays any of the campaign anymore? It would also screw up bounties if you did that.

But who actually plays any of the campaign anymore? It would also screw up bounties if you did that.

Bounties are pretty much campaign... Act1 Hell was stil pretty hard in D2... I remember farming the Pit, you had to be careful still even when you had a character capable of soloing baal in act5

Okay. I think the conversation at this point is basically over, because you're not really interested in any alternate perspectives. So the bottom line is this: Seasons exists, it's not going anywhere so you have two options: 1) complain about it or 2) play within the constraints of seasons. I guess the third option if there is to be one is quit. Either way, there are clearly plenty of people that like the format. You don't. Great. The end.

Saying it's over because "I'm not interested in alternate perspectives" is a moot point. Neither are you. You're basically saying that you're right in the end, and that I'm closed minded, and that's why you're dropping the conversation. If this isn't utterly ignoring my opinion and then blatantly attempt to get the last word, I don't know what is.

Anyway putting that aside yesterday I made some attempts at 68 solo. I was doing fine on a few of my attempts even without a pylon (good density, good fill, etc), but then the next immediate level had Winged Assassins, Incinerators, Succubi, Exorcists, Ghosts, etc. I have a few pictures showing that happening, I'll post them later. Pretty much as soon as I can get a good density map without too many elites and a conduit or two, I'll be able to complete 68. That's pretty much how 66 was, too. A lot of RNG involved.

I actually don't mind ghosts as much as the community does. I can deal with them with my current hellfire amulet pretty easily as they die before they can do much. I crafted this thing yesterday:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/StoleOwnCar-1814/hero/67423114
I actually already rerolled the in to 99% chd. It's pretty powerful for the zombie bears build because now I can run spirit vessel as well. Poison damage isn't quite ideal because most damage comes from Firewall with that kind of setup (not the bears which do poison damage), but I still kill elites faster than I used to. The thing is in, 68 you pretty much have to skip most elites. Like it's written in stone. You don't have enough time to mess with them unless you can get them to follow along.

The closest I came to actually completing one (well that is, I actually completed it; the others I simply quit when it got too stupid), I was late by 1.5 minutes or so. The problem is I never found a good conduit during that run and it just really did not give me enough time to kill the RG; the mob distro was simply mediocre. That much HP does not go down easily solo. You season folks are lucky with your Bain of Stricken lol.

Last edited:
Saying it's over because "I'm not interested in alternate perspectives" is a moot point. Neither are you. You're basically saying that you're right in the end, and that I'm closed minded, and that's why you're dropping the conversation. If this isn't utterly ignoring my opinion and then blatantly attempt to get the last word, I don't know what is.

I thought he was basically saying that there was no point in arguing with you over a system that you don't like, but that is clearly enjoyed by many. He typed up a multi-paragraph post and you responded that "The only real point you've brought up is Paragon levels." He presented an argument and it was like you crossed your arms and said "no that's dumb."

Seasons have been a thing in D3 for quite awhile now, and Ladders were a huge reason people returned to D2 time after time back in the day. You don't like these things - which is fine...but what is there to gain by arguing with you about them? You don't think seasons should exist so everyone else should present you with reasons why they should? Not really much incentive to carry on the conversation after you shoot down all the reasons people like them.

Actually most of my argument isn't necessarily that season should not exist. If you actually read the response where I was replying to him, I admitted that paragon was an issue.. but then I said that it's not an issue where you deliberately need to physically divide the community like they did. As for the rest of his points I did not simply dismiss them, I gave counterarguments for them.

While I don't like seasons on a personal level and that will never change, it's not necessary for them to not exist entirely for me to be happy. I just want more people to play with. I wish Blizzard would make them last less time or--like I suggested, which was ironically dismissed by him in the exact same fashion that you are now implying I dismissed his opinion--simply pool the players together but separate them on stash and gear or something. It's not terribly complicated. I don't see why we shouldn't be able to play with season players at all when the only difference is that they may have some items we don't to simply incentivize restarting.

I don't ever recall simply crossing my arms and saying "that's dumb" and then saying nothing more. I gave supporting points in favor of my opinion. Which he dismissed.

For instance here's an idea (this is just something I came up with in 5 minutes so there are perhaps some loopholes):
- Season and nonseason players can play with each other
- If in a full season party and doing grifting, then all season gear is allowed and achievements count towards season boards
- If in a party of non-season mixed with season and doing grifting, then season-specific gear is not allowed
- In all other instances, mixed season and non-season parties are allowed and there are no restrictions on gear.
- Everything else stays the same as it is now (you start with no gear, your exp rate is higher, etc.)
- Perhaps some minimum amount of time before fusing the two so that people don't get paragon powerleveled by non-season folks.

Suddenly there's no actual division between players, the leaderboards are still separate, season players keep all their perks, and nonseason people and season people can play together with no real repercussions. People can even compete in seasonal leaderboards in non-season rankings. But of course this would take some effort by Blizzard. More than simply copying the HC/non-HC model and changing the model slightly.

I understand HC and non-HC being divided. The reasons for that are obvious and trivial to understand. Season and non-season? Uh...

For instance here's an idea (this is just something I came up with in 5 minutes so there are perhaps some loopholes):
- Season and nonseason players can play with each other
- If in a full season party and doing grifting, then all season gear is allowed and achievements count towards season boards
- If in a party of non-season mixed with season and doing grifting, then season-specific gear is not allowed
- In all other instances, mixed season and non-season parties are allowed and there are no restrictions on gear.
- Everything else stays the same as it is now (you start with no gear, your exp rate is higher, etc.)
- Perhaps some minimum amount of time before fusing the two so that people don't get paragon powerleveled by non-season folks.

Suddenly there's no actual division between players, the leaderboards are still separate, season players keep all their perks, and nonseason people and season people can play together with no real repercussions. People can even compete in seasonal leaderboards in non-season rankings. But of course this would take some effort by Blizzard. More than simply copying the HC/non-HC model and changing the model slightly.

That would be unbelievably complicated for them to program and for players to understand; both are reasons why they'd never do this.

Considering that seasons are intended to be their own separate ecosystem, the moment you let a non-seasonal player join in it would trivialize the whole thing. 3 non-seasonal powerhouses could just carry a seasonal player through grifts, resulting in massive XP and gem upgrades. That player could then compete in seasonal leaderboards solo or with season-only players and get a rank that they would otherwise not have attained without non-seasonal help.

You want them to change the whole system in order for you to have more people to play with, but you could simply play seasons if it was really that important to you. The other side of the coin is that a lot of seasonal players would not want to play with non-seasonal players (for the reasons I listed above), so keeping the two kinds of player separated makes perfect sense.

That would be unbelievably complicated for them to program and for players to understand; both are reasons why they'd never do this.

Considering that seasons are intended to be their own separate ecosystem, the moment you let a non-seasonal player join in it would trivialize the whole thing. 3 non-seasonal powerhouses could just carry a seasonal player through grifts, resulting in massive XP and gem upgrades. That player could then compete in seasonal leaderboards solo or with season-only players and get a rank that they would otherwise not have attained without non-seasonal help.

You want them to change the whole system in order for you to have more people to play with, but you could simply play seasons if it was really that important to you. The other side of the coin is that a lot of seasonal players would not want to play with non-seasonal players (for the reasons I listed above), so keeping the two kinds of player separated makes perfect sense.

Why would it be hard to understand? If that's seriously hard to understand, I suppose I will have to lower my opinion of the average Diablo player's intelligence further down than it is. We're sitting here remembering stat priorities and crunching numbers for optimal numbers but apparently we can't remember a few simple rules. As for hard to code, I seriously doubt it is that hard to code. Hell you probably haven't even coded a thing in your life? Much less knowing how to code for this game?

Regarding being powerleveled, did you see that last point? The part about there being a delay before season players could join/be joined by non season players? This could take any number of forms besides a simple delay. Reduced exp, etc. This is just meant to be so that people could play together regardless of season/nonseason boundaries. A game's about gameplay. Gains are nice, but I'm sure some season players wouldn't mind playing with non-season players. And because they're using the same items, it would count towards NS leaderboards.

Frankly it's clear at this point you're doing the exact same thing you said I was: being dismissive. I think it could totally work, and I think ultimately everyone can be better off if it's well thought out. More people to play on either side is never bad. Granted Blizz wouldn't put in that kind of work. If they could do that, we wouldn't have totally randomized affixes and lazily coded enemies running around everywhere. We wouldn't have terribly laid out grifts for like 3 seasons in a row. We wouldn't have ghosts getting fixed JUST NOW.

Why would it be hard to understand? If that's seriously hard to understand, I suppose I will have to lower my opinion of the average Diablo player's intelligence further down than it is. We're sitting here remembering stat priorities and crunching numbers for optimal numbers but apparently we can't remember a few simple rules. As for hard to code, I seriously doubt it is that hard to code. Hell you probably haven't even coded a thing in your life? Much less knowing how to code for this game?

Regarding being powerleveled, did you see that last point? The part about there being a delay before season players could join/be joined by non season players? This could take any number of forms besides a simple delay. Reduced exp, etc. This is just meant to be so that people could play together regardless of season/nonseason boundaries. A game's about gameplay. Gains are nice, but I'm sure some season players wouldn't mind playing with non-season players. And because they're using the same items, it would count towards NS leaderboards.

Frankly it's clear at this point you're doing the exact same thing you said I was: being dismissive. I think it could totally work, and I think ultimately everyone can be better off if it's well thought out. More people to play on either side is never bad. Granted Blizz wouldn't put in that kind of work. If they could do that, we wouldn't have totally randomized affixes and lazily coded enemies running around everywhere. We wouldn't have terribly laid out grifts for like 3 seasons in a row. We wouldn't have ghosts getting fixed JUST NOW.

You're right: I haven't coded any videogames before. And you're right: Blizz wouldn't put in that kind of work. Every once in a while they surprise us with great stuff like Kanai's Cube, but the stuff that everyone figures should be fixed by next Tuesday's maintenance regularly does not get fixed for MONTHS if at all.

A delay wouldn't matter: you'd still have powerful non-seasonal characters 'helping' the seasonal ones, which just can't happen without trivializing the whole thing. Any influence from outside the seasonal environment would invalidate the competitive aspect that they've promoted. So yeah, there are some ideas that do need to be dismissed.

I question the validity of leader boards and the competitive aspects of a game that's so RNG and luck heavy. But I get what you're saying.

StoleMyOwnCar:

Other people have already mentioned why. Take the leaderboards or conquests.

Get to grift 60 in HC mode? Easy if the community is merged. I get 3 of my paragon 1000+ guild mates who can speed clear 60, and I get decked in toughness heavy gear. By day 3, the top 1000 positions are filled up. The same with every other conquest. I'm only missing Need For Speed, and I've been searching for 3 days straight. It's not that people aren't running it, but few are geared for it.

Reduced XP wouldn't work unless it also had reduced item drops, at which point, why even bother merging in the first place? It makes sense that it's divided, as it's about everyone having a common starting ground.

Yes, luck and the RNG are heavily involved. But that's why seasons are not a week long. Sure, some people will put in 1000 hours and still probably won't be geared enough to clear grift 60, while others put in half that and can easily run grift 70. Then again, a lot of the leaderboard players are people who have support groups who all loot share so the individual representative can get geared asap. If you're going for the leaderboards, especially the top 10, you're already at a supreme disadvantage. (That, and the cheating that goes on, but that's another discussion).

Blizzard has explicitly stated that the main purpose of seasons was to promote everyone getting on at the same time and re-rolling together.

A delay wouldn't matter: you'd still have powerful non-seasonal characters 'helping' the seasonal ones, which just can't happen without trivializing the whole thing. Any influence from outside the seasonal environment would invalidate the competitive aspect that they've promoted. So yeah, there are some ideas that do need to be dismissed.

All you have to do is make a situation where non-season cannot actually "help" season in a meaningful way; all they can do is play together and have fun when one side or the other is lacking (or you're doing season and your friend is not; a very common situation). This isn't rocket science. There are ways to do that.

This also goes as my response to Nytegard. Frankly you two both lack quite a bit of creativity (I'm not surprised, this is a PC builder forum, which tends to be filled with programmers and cold logic people... granted I'm a programmer myself) if you think that there aren't ways a pooled player pool could be done while covering all possible loopholes. It would take some time and thinking and feedback, but the first step is admitting it can be done, not sitting there and sticking to one axiomatic declaration and assuming its impossibility. Granted it is an impossibility, but not due to its intrinsic values and foundations. Rather due to Blizzard. I suppose due to that fact we can really stop discussing this as there is no point speaking of a hypothetical wonderland that will never transpire.

Blizzard has explicitly stated that the main purpose of seasons was to promote everyone getting on at the same time and re-rolling together.

That's fully possible while not excluding non-season players.

I just think this situation would benefit both sides. NS would get more possible people to play with and would also get exposed to season players. This might make them tempted to play season themselves. Season players can play with non-season friends while having all the benefits of their side. If such a system was well-thought out and implemented, there could only be benefits. Of course like I said it's impossible.

The spec doesn't really matter. Both of them use fire rune on WoD and IIRC that's what causes most of the lag. I have run both Acid Cloud and Zombie Bear variants in competitive scenarios (ie 68, which is what I attempted some number of times a few days ago). It lags the hell out of the game on any large mob. And at 68 if you don't have large mobs, you're screwed. You literally have to pause the game to wait for the lag to load out and hope you're not a tombstone by the time it's done. I think Acid Cloud lags more than bears, though. Probably because it's a DoT centric build with lots of acid on the ground.

FYI, with 2+ people it's not even possible to pause. You just have to pray you're not dead coming out.

That's why my group build doc is Carn.

As promised earlier (well doubt anyone cares), here are some pictures of GR68 in solo mode.
http://imgur.com/a/zdTDn

The first few were from when I was running Acid Cloud. Then I swapped over to Zombie Bears since my new hellfire necklace was more suited to that. Finally, the next ones were a few pictures of where I did something slightly unorthodox. In my zombie bears build, I started taking Pierce the Veil as one of my passives. Normally with zombie bears you simply spam the bears, but ultimately I found that Pierce the Veil actually increased my gr consistency considerably. The fire wall damage difference was really helping. You can also see that Cold Snap fight where I simply did not have enough time to kill him. And finally the pic right before the last one was where I had a decent completion without even having encountered a pylon, and then... the last one shows what happened when the next map consists of... well just look at that screenshot. It doesn't include all the Winged Assassins, Exorcists, and Incinerators that were there, too. The second map wasn't actually any better, it was worse.

The other reason for swapping to bears is so I could run Thing of the Deep. That mojo makes a huge difference in survivability, because of the passive Swampland Attunement. Thing of the Deep makes it so everyone in a huge radius contributes to your survivability. It's a HUGE bonus. My runs with bears were much more consistent than with Acid Cloud. Just some random info in case anyone is intending to do HT doc competitively.

I'll probably get that 68 one day, but honestly I'm fine with just being in the top 100 for now. Slot 70's nothing to sneeze at. If I do 68 I'll be in the top 10 or 20.

That's fully possible while not excluding non-season players.
Either you don't understand what re-roll means or you're just arguing to argue.

So now you want a system where everyone starts fresh but some are seasonal and some non-seasonal? What would be the point of that?

Either you don't understand what re-roll means or you're just arguing to argue.

So now you want a system where everyone starts fresh but some are seasonal and some non-seasonal? What would be the point of that?

You obviously didn't understand what I actually posted.

Enough, I'm done with this discussion. Apparently the concept is too complicated.

Finally completed the Helltooth set for Witch Doctor today. It's funny how you get the first five pieces within a few days, but then are farming/crafting/using Bloodshards for almost two weeks in order to get the final piece. (In my case the boots) I'm very glad I got it though, it was definitely worth it.

Next step will be trying to get Ancient versions of my gear, which will likely be a long process.

Finally completed the Helltooth set for Witch Doctor today. It's funny how you get the first five pieces within a few days, but then are farming/crafting/using Bloodshards for almost two weeks in order to get the final piece. (In my case the boots) I'm very glad I got it though, it was definitely worth it.

Next step will be trying to get Ancient versions of my gear, which will likely be a long process.

why dont u just give up :mad:

I need a hardcore seasonal Power level... anyone around? my name is kelly#1965

if you play seasonal Hardcore let me know, My friends and I are on all the time. doing hardcore makes the game much much more fun imho and keeps you in check. i play with like 3-4 friends and would love another message me @ kelly#1965
edit: ill powerlvl you pretty fast

Back