Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Congrats man that's huge. I was able to solo a 60 on my barb last night on a pretty trash tier rift. They were short levels and I think I was on the 5th one by the time I got the rift guardian. I really wasn't expecting to be able to do a 60 but I'm thinking I can go higher as well. I doubt I'd be able to do a 65 right now but I've pretty much moved from my DH to my barb full time so I should be getting some ancients for him soon.

I only have two more steps to complete guardian now. I need one more conquest and I need to do a torment x rift in 3 minutes which I think is going to be the hard one. It seems like there are a ton of under leveled people running TX rifts that don't contribute much. I think I'm going to have to reach out to a few people in my clan and see if they can help.

Thanks
I might move on to another class full time myself. It just feels like I don't really have much left to do now (you're gonna get tired of these image links lol):
o7qHmwQ.jpg

I love my Mara's Kaleidoscope. Hamelin was the RG for that grift... and he couldn't damage me at all. So I just stood there and DPS'd him down because he couldn't do anything to me. I'm close to the top 50 right now. I'm not sure if it's worth it to go much higher. This is already higher up than I've ever been in leaderboards. I think I might be able to do a 67, but it would be so hard, and I would move up so few rankings. I mean the top 50 is basically like 4 or so ranks apart. The max you'll go up by going up a tier is probably like 10-20 ranks. It's almost nothing. I jumped up like 120 by doing this 66.

I might make a monk next.

I almost forgot to grab all my shit from season 3. I loaded up non-season last night and looked and there were only 3 days left to grab your items.
I had to use 6 or 7 toons to hold all that stuff till I can sort through it all. Cubing as much as I can, I want to have the cube completely filled just for the hell of it.

So, if you haven't grabbed your Season 3 items from your mailbox, you have 2-3 days left or it's all gone.

Which stat would you guys recommend rerolling on this?

You absolutely want CDR on both your weapons for a whirlwind barb. Once your CDR is high enough you can keep wrath of the berserker up all the time which is very useful. I would think about putting that on there. Of course reforging it until it is ancient is another good idea.

I finally completed the guardian journey today. I had a good TX rift group early in the day but we never got a good map before two people left. I was bouncing around bounties/grifts and later in the afternoon I went back to regular rifts. I ended up with another good group and was hoping a good map would come around before people left again. Soon enough we got a fields of misery with 2 champions staring at us as soon as we went in. I knew this would be the map and we did manage to get it done in time. It seemed like there were elites/champions every few seconds so it was really easy.

The only other thing I had to do was a 3rd conquest. I decided to go with the complete a GR 40 with no sets since it seemed the easiest. I found a guide the other day for a seismic slam build and had tinkered with it. I had to farm a few pieces of gear and give it a few tries but I got it done.

Now that I'm done with this I assume I wont be playing as much, at least on softcore. I was playing around on my hardcore character for a bit and got some more paragons. I decided to try playing online in the one game that was available which made it a lot easier. The three of us decided to try a greater rift since we all found a key. When the prompt came up it was for a GR27 which seemed much to high so I said "27?" in the chat. No one responded and I noticed they both hit accept so I went with it. I went into the rift and got hit once which took me down to half health, so naturally I turned around and left. So did one other guy. The third one didn't. Needless to say he isn't playing that character anymore.

just missed a 65 rift by 10 seconds as a wizard. Currently 32nd on the Wizard Leader board at level 34.

Pretty much done for the season though...been fun but in terms of gear it has been my worst season yet. Seems like getting what I need was so much more difficult this season...with exception of gifts. I got gifts for days.

A big thing for D3 is just to not get jaded by drops or getting burnt out grinding one character over and over.

I fish on my monk a few times a day, play some EP high grift runs, work on my WD (just cleared 60 this morning yay!) and also working on a HOTA barb. Change it up. It's okay to step away from D3, that's the beauty of it. :)

Finished the journy yesterday, last thing i had to do was T10 in under 3 minutes, did it on my 7 sided monk along side one of my friends who was running a witch doctor.

For those who are still doing conquests, there is a way to do the 40 without class sets without having to spec/gear specifically for it (this only works for softcore):

1. Take off all your gear, and wear all of the set pieces you are wearing, bar 1 (I chose gloves, you will see why).
2. Die 8 times.
3. Wear your gear again and do GR40 normally until you reach the boss.
4. Knock RG's health down low, then die to him twice more, making sure your set pieces break and you no longer have any set effects active
5. Finish off RG.

That should get you the conquest.

i found the lvl 40 grift pretty easy as a monk with no main sets.

pretty much did it as a spirit generator build, with shenlongs set, depth diggers, crudest boots for an extra ally /mantra buff boost, exploding palm bracers ect like you normally use as well as focus and restraint.

You can still use sets, you just cant use the main class armor sets. so you can build around some sets you might not normally use.

You can use class sets, you just can't have any class set effects active when you kill the RG.

Due to the massive amount of mules choking space in my account, I already have started salvaging anything that I am not cubing/already cubed, so I only have class sets to use, pretty much nothing else.

I wasn't going to build another character for just that achievement either, I didn't have the space, nor did I want to gear her up (that would have took longer).

I just had read posts that some people could get the achievement by accident when dying with the boss, which made absolutely no sense at the time (I wondered why the hell would anyone be able to get that achievement at all going in with class sets in the first place).

I did what I did for both science, and I figured it can't hurt. Dying ~10 times is a lot easier than gathering gear for the normal way.

For those who are still doing conquests, there is a way to do the 40 without class sets without having to spec/gear specifically for it (this only works for softcore):

1. Take off all your gear, and wear all of the set pieces you are wearing, bar 1 (I chose gloves, you will see why).
2. Die 8 times.
3. Wear your gear again and do GR40 normally until you reach the boss.
4. Knock RG's health down low, then die to him twice more, making sure your set pieces break and you no longer have any set effects active
5. Finish off RG.

That should get you the conquest.

That's similar to the method used for the hellfire amulet exploit for which a whole bunch of people (top leaderboard and twitch streamers) just got banned for.

You would wear ONLY the amulet and die repeatedly until the amulet was red/broken. The passive effect is retained.
Then you'd switch to another amulet with a different passive and the same thing would happen.
Repeat ad naseum until you have as many passives as you want and exploit your way to the top of the leaderboards

ZxguJ2I.jpg

P.S: Anyone who did a Grift higher than 40 using the exploit got perma banned and everyone else using the exploit is getting 14 day bans.

That's similar to the method used for the hellfire amulet exploit for which a whole bunch of people (top leaderboard and twitch streamers) just got banned for.

You would wear ONLY the amulet and die repeatedly until the amulet was red/broken. The passive effect is retained.
Then you'd switch to another amulet with a different passive and the same thing would happen.
Repeat ad naseum until you have as many passives as you want and exploit your way to the top of the leaderboards

ZxguJ2I.jpg

P.S: Anyone who did a Grift higher than 40 using the exploit got perma banned and everyone else using the exploit is getting 14 day bans.

Are you saying they just got banned now? I wonder if the WD leaderboards have changed any. Were they actually removed from the leaderboards, too? For me, I haven't even had a hellfire amulet in the past half year or so. I just haven't bothered farming them at all. Been using my Mara's on my WD this whole time. It's probably actually been hurting my performance, too. If I had a good hellfire with Confidence Ritual on it, I'd be doing more damage than I am. Mara's is a very defense-oriented amulet (considering it totally invalidates at least a few grift guardians lol). Still managed to solo into the top 70 with it though.

My 66 RG was Hamelin. He was literally just healing me the entire time because the rats count as poison elementals...

ZxguJ2I.jpg

i heard about the exploit a couple weeks back and im glad i decided against using it...

Yes bans started happening within the last 12 hours and they are focused on season players, no one really pays attention to non-season.

*SNIP*

The operation is similar, but the result is exactly the opposite.

The goal of the hellfire amulet was retain the passive bonuses on the amulet by deliberately breaking it. I did it to break the set effects so it DEACTIVATES the set effect (which I wholly believe was the intended design).

I have never even attempted the Hellfire amulet exploit, the thought never crossed my mind.

By the way, when did the ban happen? I tried to play D3 last night and I was able to get into the game lobby and character selection screen, but game queue were long. Wondering if I was flagged or just the servers were acting up.

Last edited:
Yes bans started happening within the last 12 hours and they are focused on season players, no one really pays attention to non-season.

And where did you get this idea? There are a lot of people that only focus on non-season, myself included. Not to mention it's been confirmed that bans have been hitting more than the season leaderboards. I'm kind of getting sick of season people acting elitist towards us simply because we don't feel like wasting time doing crap over again just to get early access to some new items.

It's pretty funny Gaby got banned for this yet hes been botting for ages without any issue...hes like the 1 person people know who streams D3 who had 299 hours played when the season had only been live for 312 hours

Seems the Wizard leadersboard remains the same. Still at 32 with a Grift 64.

I was pretty pissed that I missed out on the exploit....Not so upset about it now though.

roll more crit damage on the amulet, should be able to get 90% plus relatively easy, also a restraint and focus with crit damage and chance as their main stats with dex? i have not played a demon hunter in like a year tho it might not be totally sound advice.

Here is a Hardcore Power Leveling fail,
d3-hardcore-dead.jpg

The first Hardcore death wasn't that bad for me since I was only level 2, but RV2112 lost his Level 70 WD,
d3-hardcore-dead2.jpg

Last edited:
roll more crit damage on the amulet, should be able to get 90% plus relatively easy, also a restraint and focus with crit damage and chance as their main stats with dex? i have not played a demon hunter in like a year tho it might not be totally sound advice.

I've had really bad luck on my amulet rolls. Spent over 40 rolls and only ended up with 76% crit damage. Struggling to find better rings. I'll keep trying. All my Kadala rolls are going into rings, but so far nothing good. No rorg yet to cube either.

Looking to put together a gRift set party for paragon farming and gem leveling.

Need people that can do 65+.

I have a Hellfire WD and a Healing/EXP/Support Monk. Both geared for it. Give me an add or chat me up. Jeremiah#1810.

Double Caches this weekend starting Friday, So you'll get 2x Horadric and 2x Bonus caches.

I guess I'll just farm DB's till this weekend. My DH's cube only needs 16 items to completely fill it up. they are mainly swords so I'll need to buddy up with someone that uses swords since sword drops are very rare for me.
I have more cubed than shown, as I was cubing stuff that is for the other toons as well, and only the items your toon can use show up in the cube.

d3-cube-1.jpg

d3-cube-2.jpg

d3-cube-3.jpg

Looking to put together a gRift set party for paragon farming and gem leveling.

Need people that can do 65+.

I have a Hellfire WD and a Healing/EXP/Support Monk. Both geared for it. Give me an add or chat me up. Jeremiah#1810.

I need to run with strong players too to level up my Gems. I need 3 upped to 60 for an achievement.

My DH won't kill much during the Grift, but I can Mark everything.
I can annihilate the RG if he is occupied, Bane of Stricken makes me hit harder over time and Singled Out boosts my CC to 80+%, so I just just crit damage the RG to death.
Takes awhile to get going but once he hits 60% Health his health drops twice as fast.

We were on a 60 earlier and when the RG was at 25% I stopped firing to see if I was actually doing any damage, as soon as I stopped, his health stopped dropping, I charged up my Hatred and then fired my MultiShot and his health bar was done before I ran out of Hatred.

Does anyone have advice on what gear or stats I should be looking for to improve this UE build? ...besides ancient items , of course.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AstralAbyss-1565/hero/65546248

See this guide:
http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-multishot-fire-build-and-yangs-recurve-patch-2-3

It really helped me to get my DH gear in order.
AS on a bow is kinda useless, better reroll it to Vit for better survival if anything.
Feet - missing multishot %
Head - missing crit chance
Focus ring - probably need a complete reroll, or at least AS to CHC
Restraint - CHD to CHC.
Quiver - hatred regen to RCR

I need to run with strong players too to level up my Gems. I need 3 upped to 60 for an achievement.

My DH won't kill much during the Grift, but I can Mark everything.
I can annihilate the RG if he is occupied, Bane of Stricken makes me hit harder over time and Singled Out boosts my CC to 80+%, so I just just crit damage the RG to death.
Takes awhile to get going but once he hits 60% Health his health drops twice as fast.

We were on a 60 earlier and when the RG was at 25% I stopped firing to see if I was actually doing any damage, as soon as I stopped, his health stopped dropping, I charged up my Hatred and then fired my MultiShot and his health bar was done before I ran out of Hatred.

The problem is finding competitive players that aren't already in their own set parties. I'm frustrated all the time just trying to get people to say the least. I did manage to run a couple of 65s last night in pubs but that is a total crap shoot. And, when you finally manage to get a nice party together for some dumb reason someone leaves after possibly only 1 run!

Which is why I'd rather get dedicated people together, but no offense to people in here, even that is hard to do. Mostly because the [H] doesn't have a lot of competitive gamers, just competitive hardware buyers.

Getting the gems to 60 isn't that hard. I managed to do that solo. Getting them past 60, now that is tough.

ZxguJ2I.jpg

That face... Love it :D.

The problem is finding competitive players that aren't already in their own set parties. I'm frustrated all the time just trying to get people to say the least. I did manage to run a couple of 65s last night in pubs but that is a total crap shoot. And, when you finally manage to get a nice party together for some dumb reason someone leaves after possibly only 1 run!

Which is why I'd rather get dedicated people together, but no offense to people in here, even that is hard to do. Mostly because the [H] doesn't have a lot of competitive gamers, just competitive hardware buyers.

Getting the gems to 60 isn't that hard. I managed to do that solo. Getting them past 60, now that is tough.

Is the Hardforum clan still active? I'd be interested in joining. Not sure I can keep up since I work all week, but I still play almost every night.

Is the Hardforum clan still active? I'd be interested in joining. Not sure I can keep up since I work all week, but I still play almost every night.

i mean i always see a few a regulars online and i join other clan mate's games sometimes when there's space.. its fairly active

i mean i always see a few a regulars online and i join other clan mate's games sometimes when there's space.. its fairly active

It's reasonably active. I'd say there's generally 5-6 people on at night. But once again, it's mostly casual, not super serial. I should note, this isn't a complaint, this is just telling how it is. It's totally cool/fine to play casual, I'm just looking for a little more.

I would run with you, but it looks like you're a seasons player. I really hate this Season and Nonseason nonsense. They really should merge them after much less time than it's currently at. The main thing I'm annoyed about isn't even that season inexplicably gets new items before us, but rather that I'm suddenly separated from a rather large chunk of the community.

And honestly I don't see how people do it. I couldn't stand having to do a full restart. With a job and whatnot, I would have to play even more than I do to get every character up to snuff. With NS, I generally save up unused sets and legendaries on various mules. With seasons, all of that is just gone and I literally have to gear up from scratch. It can be done, but I don't see how people reach like 800 paragon when I haven't even reached that in the ENTIRE TIME I've been playing. And I play a lot, and I'm a competitive player that's been higher up in the leaderboards on two separate occasions....

You are usually well geared in seasons within a week if you are slow...Heck we were doing T8 on the first or second day already, and T10 was doable within the first 3 or 4 days. That initial phase where you keep finding upgrades is the real drive for seasons, at least for me anyways. Seasons get boring after 2 or so weeks for me since it ends up being the same old grind, hence why I never waste my time on non-seasons.

I would run with you, but it looks like you're a seasons player. I really hate this Season and Nonseason nonsense. They really should merge them after much less time than it's currently at. The main thing I'm annoyed about isn't even that season inexplicably gets new items before us, but rather that I'm suddenly separated from a rather large chunk of the community.

And honestly I don't see how people do it. I couldn't stand having to do a full restart. With a job and whatnot, I would have to play even more than I do to get every character up to snuff. With NS, I generally save up unused sets and legendaries on various mules. With seasons, all of that is just gone and I literally have to gear up from scratch. It can be done, but I don't see how people reach like 800 paragon when I haven't even reached that in the ENTIRE TIME I've been playing. And I play a lot, and I'm a competitive player that's been higher up in the leaderboards on two separate occasions....

If you don't get it you don't get it. Merging the two would miss the point. Seasons is about competitive play and everyone starting from the same point... which is to say with nothing. They reset for the same reason. It's actually really fun at the beginning of a season, when everyone has nothing, and struggling to get on top. Seasons get stuff first as an incentive to play it. It's pretty obvious. Once again, if it doesn't interest you, it doesn't interest you.

Also, seasonal EXP is much faster than non-seasonal exp. I don't know what the percentage or rate is, but both leveling and pargoning are both significantly faster. Generally it's easy to level a character from 0-70 and get to paragon 100 in a day. Of course that's a long play day, but a day none the less.

If you don't get it you don't get it. Merging the two would miss the point. Seasons is about competitive play and everyone starting from the same point... which is to say with nothing. They reset for the same reason. It's actually really fun at the beginning of a season, when everyone has nothing, and struggling to get on top. Seasons get stuff first as an incentive to play it. It's pretty obvious. Once again, if it doesn't interest you, it doesn't interest you.

That makes absolutely no sense. How is non-season not about competitive play? Both of them are the exact same past the first few weeks or so, and we're playing the exact same game! That is, starting out in either one is pretty much exactly the same, past a certain point. Once people start getting geared enough for higher grifts, they can easily carry anyone through lower rifts or grifts. So you can always find someone to powerlevel you in either one. Afterwards, it's bringing someone up to speed in either season or non-season is exactly the same. It's just in season you are forced to start out as a new player entirely whereas in non-season you build it up over the seasons. Personally I don't enjoy going through the beginning phases over and over because Blizzard says it's a good idea and then incentivizes it through releasing season-only items. To me this is just an artificial way to inflate gameplay time, not something with any kind of good reasoning or logic (not to mention totally divide the community).

The thing that keeps people coming back is not Blizzard going "hey guys we decided to reset the rankings, go back to square one and level again." I It's set reworks, legendary reworks, and new content. That happens in both of them. It's just Blizzard decides to give extra incentive to seasonal players by giving them special season-only items. In fact, resets really happen primarily because of set reworks and such. Gameplay paradigm changes necessitate ladder resets because all of the old data is practically another era.

As far as "it's competitive because everyone restarts from square one..." that's just silly. I'm sorry, that reason doesn't hold any water at all. The end game in both games is the same, and the MONTHS they give per season is plenty of time for both experiences to converge, minus the extra legendary items they give one side. To get verification of that, go to the leaderboards and look at where NS and Season are at; season will simply be a bit further ahead due to your fancy new gem. If you're a new player (to Diablo in general), the thing you gain from seasons isn't an experience where everyone is doing the same thing you are. There will be more of them, but those types will exist on either side (that is new players). The difference is the largely boosted exp rate. There are plenty of smarter ways they could have incentivized players to either start over, or helped out new players that were getting back in than explicitly DIVIDING THE COMMUNITY EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY RELEASE A LARGE PATCH.

Back