Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

So I just looked at your gear and maybe I am missing something. I assume you are using multishot to do your main damage. Multishot is a fire skill. It seems like you have cold skill damage rolled on your gear. The old cold build used cluster arrow / maelstrom to make it hit as cold damage. I think you would be doing a truckload more damage if you had everything rolled to fire.

Edit: correction, arsenal is a fire skill which means your rockets are fire damage. Basically the rockets are only hitting for 300% instead of 300% plus whatever is rolled to fire or however it works.

Last edited:
It either had a socket or low vitality, so think I've re-rolled that to AS and added another socket using the consumable cube.
Not sure if I can re-roll attack speed into something more decent.

Like I said, ASPD is near useless; it just raises sheet damage. That, and it doesn't really matter what you reroll that slot to at this point. You're missing pretty much 100% of the discipline from your bow. That's a deal breaker. You utterly ruined that ancient bow. You would very likely be better off with a non-ancient bow with 12 discipline.

I'm sorry, there's no other way to say it. You totally wasted that thing. Go to this site and read stat priorities next time:
http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-multishot-fire-build-and-yangs-recurve-patch-2-3

It either had a socket or low vitality, so think I've re-rolled that to AS and added another socket using the consumable cube.
Not sure if I can re-roll attack speed into something more decent.

EDIT:

Here's a question that's been bothering me:
Would it make sense to replace cubed Calamity with Thunderfury and replace Sentry/Polar Station with Caltrops/Bait the Trap?

I would re-roll attack speed to area damage or rcr. Or just leave it as is because you're going to want to get a new one anyway and it won't make a huge difference when farming t7/8.

Calamity > TF in the cube, TF was nerfed. personally I would give a thunderfury to the templar and let him proc CTW/BotT for you (I'm assuming that's why you're using polar sentry and want to switch TF in the cube). Switching from polar sentry to bait the trap will provide more DPS so I would probably make that move anyway.

So I just looked at your gear and maybe I am missing something. I assume you are using multishot to do your main damage. Multishot is a fire skill. It seems like you have cold skill damage rolled on your gear. The old cold build used cluster arrow / maelstrom to make it hit as cold damage. I think you would be doing a truckload more damage if you had everything rolled to fire.
Edit: correction, arsenal is a fire skill which means your rockets are fire damage. Basically the rockets are only hitting for 300% instead of 300% plus whatever is rolled to fire or however it works.

Yeah, I know. But the ancient nemesis is the best of what I've found so far. +cold% is at least somewhat usefull for cold-specced sentry and evasive fire.

i feel like i never have any death's breath... im always running out... do you guys have any idea where I can farm a lot? All I've been doing is running rifts and killing elites in T6... is there any other way?

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/58546-deaths-breath-farming-with-manajumas-helltooth-and

Use this build to farm death's breath. I used it with my ancient set knife and it was very efficient on T8. A little hard to get used to, but works very well. If I had to point out an issue with it, it's the lack of damage. Sometimes elites take a bit to drop. But still it's overall good.

Anyway, I finally did it (resized down from 1440p):
B88TsBm.jpg

Leaderboards, yay. Well at least it's in the top 700 I guess. Could be worse. I've only been using this build for like a day or so.

i feel like i never have any death's breath... im always running out... do you guys have any idea where I can farm a lot? All I've been doing is running rifts and killing elites in T6... is there any other way?

I run with nemesis bracers on for the elites shrines and just focus on killing elites.
I normally clear the entire rift when I farm, but some groups I play with just kill the RG and close.
TX has more chance for 2 DB's to drop so if you can kill fast enough, farm TX.

For the Act 1-5 bounty mats, T7 is the optimum as you get 8 mats/act vs 6 if you run T6.

Now I have a question about XP per Kill as well as the Gem of Ease for XP.
If I am standing at the door of the Rift and the other guys go in and start killing, am I getting the XP per Kill bonus as well, or does that bonus only work for enemies I personally kill?
I've noticed with the Boon of Hoarder gem, if I don't kill the enemies, I don't get the massive extra gold drops, just the normal random small drops.

Last edited:
I'm such an idiot. Was doing a rift when a portal ot the treasure realm opened from a Goblin. I went inside (amazing level design, by the way) and faced Greed at the end. I actually became nervous and what did I do? Just when she's about to charge I move directly into her path. GG. As far as I could see there was no option to return anymore. Man, what a missed opportunity.

I did get 130 million in gold and three legendaries, one being an upgrade, so it could have been worse....I guess.

After upgrading my gems, Topaz and two set pieces I can now play on Torment 7 (Rift/Greater Rift 30) with my WD. Generally it's going smooth, except I'm still a bit too vulnerable to the Mortar affix, but hopefully I can iron that out in a few days. Really enjoying the game at the moment,

I'm such an idiot. Was doing a rift when a portal ot the treasure realm opened from a Goblin. I went inside (amazing level design, by the way) and faced Greed at the end. I actually became nervous and what did I do? Just when she's about to charge I move directly into her path. GG. As far as I could see there was no option to return anymore. Man, what a missed opportunity.

I did get 130 million in gold and three legendaries, one being an upgrade, so it could have been worse....I guess.

After upgrading my gems, Topaz and two set pieces I can now play on Torment 7 (Rift/Greater Rift 30) with my WD. Generally it's going smooth, except I'm still a bit too vulnerable to the Mortar affix, but hopefully I can iron that out in a few days. Really enjoying the game at the moment,

the portal stays where it was opened at, so you just walk back to it and go try again.

the portal stays where it was opened at, so you just walk back to it and go try again.

its also worth pointing out throwing a puzzle ring in the cube will also spawn a vault portal in town.

Thank you both for the replies. I appreciate it. I really should have checked if that portal was still around, I was too surprised at the time to consider that option.

A Puzzle Ring? Wow, I had no idea. Of course I disenchanted one only a few days ago. But I'll definitely keep a look out for them now.

Today was a very productive day for me. I reforged my yangs and got a better ancient for a 9% damage increase. I also reforged both of my bul-kathos on my barb and got them ancient as well. I managed to get the conqueror journey done too. On to guardian which is the final part. You need to get a hardcore character to 70 so I started a witch doctor. This is my first experience with hardcore and to be honest I'm terrified. I just walk around clenched the entire time. With my playstyle I'll be surprised if I make it to 50. Should be fun though :D

Wondering what some other thoughts are on this. I got this focus, should I roll off the main stat for CHC or roll off the CDR?
I mainly play DH so it'd be nice for N6, but not sure how useful 5% CDR is for UE. The CDR is the min roll so that's disappointing, but if I roll off main stat I could use it for other classes.

I'm leaning toward rolling off main stat, but curious what you guys would do to it.

DvsXH8q.png

I do have a Nat's DH, though I don't really use it often. Rolling off the dex would probably be the best move for Nat's because IIRC the goal is to do as few attacks as possible per bombard. But that's only for Nat's DH. Keep in mind that having CDR on a ring is extremely build dependent, so no this isn't really a universal ring even if you roll off the dex.

In fact, I don't think that many builds use CDR.

So it's probably a good move for your Nat's DH, but a risky one if you're expecting any other class to benefit from it. I'd link it in the DH chat and ask there, too. Like I said I don't really play Nat's (though from what I know that would generally be a pretty desirable ring for Nat's). Honestly if you really like Nat's, I'd do whatever is best for your main class. Yesterday I found an ancient Restraint that could quite literally be almost GG for barb. High STR roll, 39% CHD, 5.5% CHC. If I rerolled the CHD, it'd pretty much be almost perfect. Guess what I did with it? Rerolled str and gave it to my WD. Because I don't like my Barb much and I don't really enjoy playing it. Well that, and it's just missing 11% CHD. That's not world ending. Make your decisions based on what you actually want to play, and whether that class would benefit.

IMO for a UE build CHC or RCR are both important parts of the build. Need MS able to fire longer and / or hit harder per shot.

Good points, thanks guys. I think I'll roll off CDR then. At this point I just use Nats for farming death breathe's. And Nats doesn't really need it on rings to hit the 46% breakpoint as long as you have it on both weapons

I will post my char later on, but I am Frostnburn#2838 on Asia server. My season WD has less than 48h total time and I am pretty happy with her progress thus far.

Managed to get all the cubes in place, sitting on just over 1m health, and got to GR58. Will probably start pushing for 60 sometime this week. All ancients except belt, bracers and F&R.

Wondering what some other thoughts are on this. I got this focus, should I roll off the main stat for CHC or roll off the CDR?
I mainly play DH so it'd be nice for N6, but not sure how useful 5% CDR is for UE. The CDR is the min roll so that's disappointing, but if I roll off main stat I could use it for other classes.

I'm leaning toward rolling off main stat, but curious what you guys would do to it.

DvsXH8q.png

You stole my ring, damn you

Started using Debo's Zombie Bears build last night. I have everything for it except for the belt (the one that summons fetishes). This build is super fun and can really throw out the pain!

Something my friends find infinitely funny is that I'm > Paragon level 300 and still don't have a Ring of Royal Grandeur. Seriously. I've run act 1 and 4 bounties so many freaking times and still don't have a rorg.

RNG WHY MUST YOU HATE ME !?!?

Something my friends find infinitely funny is that I'm > Paragon level 300 and still don't have a Ring of Royal Grandeur. Seriously. I've run act 1 and 4 bounties so many freaking times and still don't have a rorg.

RNG WHY MUST YOU HATE ME !?!?

I know those feels. It took forever for me to get one as well. Eventually I got a double drop and one of them was ancient. I just wanted one for my cube anyway so I didn't really care. It's still sitting in my stash just in case.

Can't you re-roll your restraints to focus using the cube?

Nope. I've tried that before. There has to be at least 3 set items for it to work. You just gotta grind for days.

I got my hardcore witch doctor up to 70 on Sunday. It took 9 hours because I played like a bitch but I made it. I'm now trying to get my barb able to solo a 60. I want to try dropping F&R and going Unity/CoE/Zodiac but I need to find some good rings. I finally found a Cassius belt last night which will help although its a bit trash. I don't really want to reforge it however it took so long to find one that it might be worth it.

I should be on sometime this week, most likely Friday night to play a few rifts with Wild and gang..... Need to get my SADER some much better gear.

Managed a GR56 without dying in my Monk (NDE is sweet) but missed killing the RG in time by literally one seven sided strike cooldown. I got stuck in a bad spot with a triple pack, two of which were illusionist, that chewed up far too much of my time. Did do a 52 with plenty of time to spare but I'm still trying to get the rhythm down.

The XP is absolutely ridiculous above 50.

I found a rather ridiculously well rolled (well for the dart build) witching hour on my WD last night. Was a nice upgrade. I'm running an exp gem in the hat on my Zuni WD atm, the exp is rather nice above 60, but I need to find a dedicated crew to run 60+ with.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/StoleOwnCar-1814/hero/54497976

My feelings about Zuni vs Helltooth are a bit mixed. I really love how tanky my helltooth is, but it can get a bit boring. I also find myself often carrying games singlehandedly on any build that I do. Like idiots that couldn't even do 52 sign up to do a 57 or a 60 and find themselves littering corpses all over the place. It's up to me to save the day. >_>;
I mean I don't mind carrying a bit, but it gets a little old if I have to do it repeatedly. I want a nice, easy time sometimes too. Having to be on-edge because I essentially have no support is a bit of a nuisance. Again, need to find a 60+ speed crew. Pretty sure my gear is sufficient to perform in one, considering I've even solo'd 61 (and could probably go higher at this point if I wanted to).

I mean there are a lot of times where I get the temptation to go "Can you guys just stay in the back and provide the party buff? You'd be worth more to me if you did that.. just... stop dying... please..."

Last edited:
*bump

Because I intend to explore the other classes either tonight or tomorrow.

(Always been a wizard in the past)

Hope some of the [H] clan is online etc.

Just did 63 on my WD earlier today. It was literally like the second time I even tried this Acid Cloud variant. So far I'm pretty pleased with it. Not as much AOE coverage, but the lack of line of sight restrictions makes it extremely strong for soloing because you can choose the distance you want to be from the enemy.
bYNBzXb.jpg

I think I might be able to pull off a 65 or even higher at this rate. I'm already in the top 300 with just this run.

Actually, I went 2 steps further beyond today instead of later:
1ROkYbT.jpg

Next stop's the top 100 I guess. That's gonna take some prep work.

This Haven clan is the one I was in last season, and the one I got my 2p record with. So nothing new here.

Congrats man that's huge. I was able to solo a 60 on my barb last night on a pretty trash tier rift. They were short levels and I think I was on the 5th one by the time I got the rift guardian. I really wasn't expecting to be able to do a 60 but I'm thinking I can go higher as well. I doubt I'd be able to do a 65 right now but I've pretty much moved from my DH to my barb full time so I should be getting some ancients for him soon.

I only have two more steps to complete guardian now. I need one more conquest and I need to do a torment x rift in 3 minutes which I think is going to be the hard one. It seems like there are a ton of under leveled people running TX rifts that don't contribute much. I think I'm going to have to reach out to a few people in my clan and see if they can help.

Congrats man that's huge. I was able to solo a 60 on my barb last night on a pretty trash tier rift. They were short levels and I think I was on the 5th one by the time I got the rift guardian. I really wasn't expecting to be able to do a 60 but I'm thinking I can go higher as well. I doubt I'd be able to do a 65 right now but I've pretty much moved from my DH to my barb full time so I should be getting some ancients for him soon.

I only have two more steps to complete guardian now. I need one more conquest and I need to do a torment x rift in 3 minutes which I think is going to be the hard one. It seems like there are a ton of under leveled people running TX rifts that don't contribute much. I think I'm going to have to reach out to a few people in my clan and see if they can help.

If you're up for the 3 minute rift, that's one of two I need (along with the three 60 gems). I'm set up on HC and now also have an SC character, but it's a witch doctor, and unfortunately not the chicken build. But my SC witch doctor is powerful (though somewhat slow).

*EDIT*

And if anyone's up for any conquests, I'm missing 2 in HC and 4 in SC. (I'm missing both 2 minutes TX rifts in both SC & HC along with kill all the bosses in TX in under 30 mins in SC).

Last edited:
Back