Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Yeah, I guess I am in the minority but seasons are pointless for 99% of players. I am enjoying the patch on my non seasonal, but the fact that there are already people clearing greater rifts at 55+ on seasons (which is higher than my non-season) is just stupid. Unless you play all D3 all the time seasons are just another way of forcing you into the same game you have already played and finding the same shit you already found.

The content is excellent though. I think they should just continue to releasing new "things" to run and do.

Seasons do bring in new gear and new builds, though.

For Demon Hunters, marauder sets used to be the end game, must have set. Now it's a toss-up between unhallowed essence or natalya's.

Witch Doctor seems to have gotten a ton of love, they get a kitten shaped off-hand and have a multitude of viable sets. The arachyr set is new, but not sure if you guys already have it in non-season?

The fun of seasons are not necessarily playing the game in a new way, however, but more about everyone re-rolling at the same time. It refreshes the game and jams the servers...might be one of the reasons you're seeing those higher level clears since everyone and anyone is playing together in mass groups farming the heck out of everything right now.

If they just released those new pieces of loot into the game, as is like you're suggesting, it'd take people about ten minutes to finish up.

The main reason I do seasons is for the rewards.

Yeah, I guess I am in the minority but seasons are pointless for 99% of players. I am enjoying the patch on my non seasonal, but the fact that there are already people clearing greater rifts at 55+ on seasons (which is higher than my non-season) is just stupid. Unless you play all D3 all the time seasons are just another way of forcing you into the same game you have already played and finding the same shit you already found.

The content is excellent though. I think they should just continue to releasing new "things" to run and do.

How can you be in the minority while also in the 99%? :confused: :D

But as someone else said earlier in the thread, D3 itself is "pointless" except for the entertainment it provides to the people playing it. If starting over and farming up some gear is fun to you then seasons serve a purpose. If you don't find the idea of starting over fun then true, there is no point to you participating.

What I do is play a bunch, take a break, then come back, start fresh, and see what's new.

i only play seasonal hardcore and me and my friends love logging in and rushing with lvl 1 characters with 0 gear. its awesome. we start on expert difficulty and first one to die buys dinner

For Demon Hunters, marauder sets used to be the end game, must have set. Now it's a toss-up between unhallowed essence or natalya's.

Is it not? Dang.. I've just got 4-piece Marauder set. +2 sentries, +double pets, plop 'em, then multishot everything in sight.

I'm impressed with the drops thus far.. Using the cube I have my rrog there and am running a 6 piece wastes set with 4 piece ik. Using skull grasp and the convention of elements ring. Need a good amulet and bracers then it'll be all about getting everything up to legendary. T7 is so far a breeze..

I'm impressed with the drops thus far.. Using the cube I have my rrog there and am running a 6 piece wastes set with 4 piece ik. Using skull grasp and the convention of elements ring. Need a good amulet and bracers then it'll be all about getting everything up to legendary. T7 is so far a breeze..

You do know that the Skull Grasp WW Bonus doesn't apply to the Waste's Tornadoes. No need to use this ring.

Haven't played this in months.
What class should I choose?

I only have a Crusader from like 1yr ago.

Haven't played this in months.
What class should I choose?

I only have a Crusader from like 1yr ago.

Play what you enjoy playing.

You can chase the top classes, but they always rotate and if you don't enjoy playing them then you won't like the game.

You do know that the Skull Grasp WW Bonus doesn't apply to the Waste's Tornadoes. No need to use this ring.

No but it still does apply to the bonus my toon does directly.

Edit: Woot... Just made a 2nd helfire amulet & got berserker rage. Decent roll on the rest too.. Just had to re-roll life on hit to CHD which happened on the first try.,

Last edited:
Is it not? Dang.. I've just got 4-piece Marauder set. +2 sentries, +double pets, plop 'em, then multishot everything in sight.

M6 can't hit this hard,
D3-2billion-damage.jpg

^pretty much this.

Also UE multishot is much more convenient to start one shotting mobs during farming than M6.

I played M6 during season 2 and absolutely loved it. I played monk for season 3 but wanted to switch back to demon hunter for season 4. I was really disappointed in the UE6 build until I got my restraint two nights ago. Now I can solo a 4 man T8 rift. :D

Ah, I see. I haven't been in a Greater Rift higher than level 40 as of yet. Still just leveling up a Seasonal character.

The density farming is so real in higher grifts.

My 57 solo clear: 3 seconds left
My 58 solo clear: 2 minutes left

Going for 60 tonight!

Had a barb as my main last season (don't have the same amount of time anymore unfortunately); had ridiculous survivability, but not nearly enough DPS to solo in the higher grifts. Have to look up what the top folks are using, although some of them use crazy builds that I can't even begin to play.

Dude...
Aether Walker. That's a sweet item!!! How many consecutive teleports can you get off?

Dunno, a few dozen I think, it's cool if you have to cross the map quickly to pick up a legendary you didn't notice or if you need to catch up to your party in a grift.

Thanks for the example. Fixed my DH and was able to farm T5 bounties with ease.
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/aznamir-1387/hero/65416899

If you find a Cindercoat, cube that since it will make Multishot use less hatred.

I also got an Ancient Hellfire Amulet, first time I've seen an ancient one, and it's actually pretty decent. I probably made over a dozen of them in the past and none of them have been useful. this is the first usable one I made.

Anyone able to power level me? I havent started a seasonal char yet, not sure what to do

Just join a public rift or bounty group.. even level 5 you should be able to find one.
Don't bother with story mode. You'll be 70 in a few hours.

I think I made yet another mistake in my toon choice for the seasons...

I don't think I can do any of the higher level journeys (especially the guardian level) on a WD... Should have started a DH instead but I already have 2 DH on NS...

I think I made yet another mistake in my toon choice for the seasons...

I don't think I can do any of the higher level journeys (especially the guardian level) on a WD... Should have started a DH instead but I already have 2 DH on NS...

Why? WD can solo grift 60+ no problem.

shit, i actually managed to solo the Boss Mode achievement

all 16 bosses on T10 in under 30 mins.

Holy crap really? I was considering it but the run on certain bosses makes me think I couldn't make it. Like Malthiel and Cydaea. Killing them all on T10 is easy. But WD has unfortunately slow mobility in comparison with other classes.

Add me #Jeremiah1810 and help me out!!!!

Last edited:
Holy crap really? I was considering it but the run on certain bosses makes me think I couldn't make it. Like Malthiel and Cydaea. Killing them all on T10 is easy. But WD has unfortunately slow mobility in comparison with other classes.

Add me #Jeremiah1810 and help me out!!!!

manajumas set for movement, and whatever your regular weapon s for the boss fight. i dont think any boss is more than 45s away with manajuma. hell, id be willing to bet that in chicken form, wd is the fastest moving class in the game right now.

Would anyone be willing to powerlevel an sc char? I can return the favor with a character on hc.

I was worried about the TX < 3 minutes run.

I wasn't even sure if WD can MOVE to the RG in 3 minutes, let alone killing anything on the way over there.

You could always try having a runner just focused on getting to the bosses and not the actual achievement.

Would anyone be willing to powerlevel an sc char? I can return the favor with a character on hc.

Join HOCP clan or just hit me on Aznamir#1387
I run bounties from time to time, you can just follow me around and get your exp.

I also got an Ancient Hellfire Amulet, first time I've seen an ancient one, and it's actually pretty decent. I probably made over a dozen of them in the past and none of them have been useful. this is the first usable one I made.

I crafted back to back ones last night and almost shit myself. I've crafted a bunch and those are the first I've seen as well. I actually had someone randomly whisper me last night asking if I wanted to help his friend with ubers. I guess I played a random rift/grift with him because hes not in my clan and I didn't recognize the name. I ended up getting enough materials for 5 more hellfires though which was nice.

Heres my DH so far:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cypher-1528/hero/65242211

Not perfect but not bad. I picked up an ancient yang last night so I gotta figure out what to roll on that when I get home. I don't remember if it had discipline on it or not. If it does I can reroll the fire damage higher and it will be god tier.

I'm glad I crafted that Sage's set. After a night of farming low tiers I had about 120DBs to stuff into the cube. They've been a pain in the ass to get this season.

Back