Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Finally got my DH geared in seasons in part to our great clanmates, shout out to PitViper and Snow to sharing a lot of gear with me.

Was playing N6 all last night and I love the playstyle but damn does it strain your hands quick. I can see why a lot of players are using numlock and/or mouse macros. It's just a crazy amount of clicking.

Finally got my DH geared in seasons in part to our great clanmates, shout out to PitViper and Snow to sharing a lot of gear with me.

Was playing N6 all last night and I love the playstyle but damn does it strain your hands quick. I can see why a lot of players are using numlock and/or mouse macros. It's just a crazy amount of clicking.

Glad to help out... big part of playing for me is teaming up with clanmates and if I get something that I can't use then happy to pass it to someone who can.

Would you mind elaborating on how it goes? I'm at the point where I have to choose between sets atm... i can go nats or mauraders, and i just don't understand what is done between RoV when i will not have my 4-piece maurader's set bonus any longer.

Would you mind elaborating on how it goes? I'm at the point where I have to choose between sets atm... i can go nats or mauraders, and i just don't understand what is done between RoV when i will not have my 4-piece maurader's set bonus any longer.

Basically it revolves around Nat 6p + crashing rain belt.

You basically use strafe and evasive fire to reset the CD of ROV. The ideal setup is to have RoV reset within 2 EF casts. Strafe has sort of a smart cancel system where it lets you cancel seamlessly to cast EF. Ideally you want around 42% CDR for this to happen within 2 EFs.

So basic gameplay is:

Hold down strafe, rapidly spam EF and use ROV as much as possible. Nat's 6p bonus works on buffing RoV itself on subsequent casts so you try to keep the buff going for every RoV cast.

RoV is based on main hand damage only, hence the OH is only a stat stick. 95% of your damage is RoV and 5% is Strafe so don't worry about your OH's damage rolls. Some people even roll off the damage to get the right stats.

BiS would be:
Nats with CDR in mainhand
Balefire with CDR/RCR in OH for solo
Calamity with CDR/RCR in OH for groups.

Run RoV stampede in solo or groups without a pull class. RoV Anathema if in a group that can group up mobs effectively.

There are a few youtube videos that actually show gameplay so take a look at those. Advanced written guide here: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/54714-advanced-natalyas-2-2-guide

Either way, it'll be much better than M6 by far. But the game play style is completely different. If you want a end game build that's similar in play and feel to M6, play UE.

Is there any part of that RoV build that is season only? Sounds like I could try the build out on the off season, since I have a fairly decent Nat Xbow (3220 DPS I think it was, with a socket).

I think this season is the first time that I will probably play off season most of the time, Barb takes far too long to gear up from scratch, so I have been using DH to farm blood shards instead.

Also, how crucial is DML for UE? What other alternative off season quiver would be good?

The crashing rain belt I think is season only and a major part of the Nat's build. As for DML, you can use other quivers - Met Bolts for example is paired quite nicely with a Kridershot and works well with UE.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Season

Doesn't look like it is a seasonal exclusive. It was indeed added in 2.2.0, but doesn't appear as part of the seasonal exclusives.

Edit: apologies for asking a question that answer is so easily googled, I just didn't know what else besides nat set that I would need for RoV

Might also dust off my Wizard once again, the Delsere's set seem very fun to use with Frozen Orb...

Last edited:
The crashing rain belt I think is season only and a major part of the Nat's build. As for DML, you can use other quivers - Met Bolts for example is paired quite nicely with a Kridershot and works well with UE.

Met Bolts takes so long to hit something though.
I was using the Krider the other night and my frost arrow was hitting almost as hard as my Multishot, over 200 million.

With my Dawn and only 68 discipline I was able to see a crit of 1.3billion, most crits are in the 350-600 range.

Right, WW barb is put on hold indefinitely, back to DH and wizard next lol.

Let's hope I haven't DE'ed all of my Kridershots... (long story).

Got my first Furnace at around Paragon 300 (Strength one, low damage roll).

Got this one 2 nights ago.

TQbOdUn.jpg

Why wouldn't you reroll the secondary damage on that? Could have kept a stat for probably the same damage roll.

If the original stat wasn't % damage then it makes perfect sense to roll damage, rolling perfect secondary damage only yields around 7% increase damage against elites (assuming no other source of Elite damage, if there are the relative bonus is even less), whereas the 10% damage means 10% DPS boost for ALL monsters, not just elites.

I'm talking about the fire damage roll. Could have netted him a couple hundred more damage or so that way as well.

NopGsbG.jpg

Edit: Nevermind, completely missed the part where he mentioned there was a low damage roll on it.

You are perfectly right in that case.

I just go to the rift guardian now and leave due to having more shards. I do rifts in probably 1-2 minutes max. In-geom and monk = OP.

Why wouldn't you reroll the secondary damage on that? Could have kept a stat for probably the same damage roll.

Because I wasn't thinking like always, heh.

But it was 7% IAS I rolled off, and if I recall correctly, you don't want extra IAS on Jade.

Because I wasn't thinking like always, heh.

But it was 7% IAS I rolled off, and if I recall correctly, you don't want extra IAS on Jade.

Is JH still a viable high grift build now that spirit walk is nerfed? I started a WD in seasons since there are 9 million DH's running around and I'm going to try for the 3 sets at grift 40 achievement. Have 4 pieces of JH and 1 of Zun, trying to figure out which direction to head.

Basically it revolves around Nat 6p + crashing rain belt.

You basically use strafe and evasive fire to reset the CD of ROV. The ideal setup is to have RoV reset within 2 EF casts. Strafe has sort of a smart cancel system where it lets you cancel seamlessly to cast EF. Ideally you want around 42% CDR for this to happen within 2 EFs.

So basic gameplay is:

Hold down strafe, rapidly spam EF and use ROV as much as possible. Nat's 6p bonus works on buffing RoV itself on subsequent casts so you try to keep the buff going for every RoV cast.

RoV is based on main hand damage only, hence the OH is only a stat stick. 95% of your damage is RoV and 5% is Strafe so don't worry about your OH's damage rolls. Some people even roll off the damage to get the right stats.

BiS would be:
Nats with CDR in mainhand
Balefire with CDR/RCR in OH for solo
Calamity with CDR/RCR in OH for groups.

Run RoV stampede in solo or groups without a pull class. RoV Anathema if in a group that can group up mobs effectively.

There are a few youtube videos that actually show gameplay so take a look at those. Advanced written guide here: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/54714-advanced-natalyas-2-2-guide

Either way, it'll be much better than M6 by far. But the game play style is completely different. If you want a end game build that's similar in play and feel to M6, play UE.

Thanks a lot, this was very helpful.

I finally finished a Set! got 6 piece tal rashas this morning. Some of the rolls are pretty bad but it at least allows me to solo t6, not that fast but can do it well enough

I finally finished a Set! got 6 piece tal rashas this morning. Some of the rolls are pretty bad but it at least allows me to solo t6, not that fast but can do it well enough

It's a great feeling! I got there not long ago myself ^_^

The only shitty part is that from now on the frequency of upgrades slows WAAAAY down :*(

It's a great feeling! I got there not long ago myself ^_^

The only shitty part is that from now on the frequency of upgrades slows WAAAAY down :*(

It only gets slow when you are blasting through T6 rifts and need to start getting perfectly rolled items for GR50+

It only gets slow when you are blasting through T6 rifts and need to start getting perfectly rolled items for GR50+

I guess. I don't quite blast through T6, in fact it takes me awhile... and yet i haven't found an upgrade in about a week.

I really hate seeing good rolls on items i'm never going to wear.

I guess. I don't quite blast through T6, in fact it takes me awhile... and yet i haven't found an upgrade in about a week.

I really hate seeing good rolls on items i'm never going to wear.

I would do Greater Rifts instead. Doing a level 1, 11 and 21 GR should net you roughly 200 blood shards and a decent bit of loot. I found that more enjoyable and better drops than crawling through T6.

Still working on getting UE at the moment, but I have not yet seen any pieces from that set at all. But I did finally managed to find a Focus, and I found I had several Restraints so I tried it with full M6. the damage bonus feels FAR higher (at least it feels that with F&R I am killing mobs with 2~3 sentries at the same speed which before it would have taken me all 5 sentries).

Is there a character sheet bug when Focus and Restraint is active? Whenever I have either of the buffs up, my character sheet's damage only goes up by maybe a few%.

Also, it says that the set increases the damage done by 50% for 5 seconds whenever I hit with a resource-generating attack. Does that mean that...

A. Wizard and WD's Signature spells are out?
B. DH's EA and Chakram will benefit if I have Kridershot and Spines of Seething Hatred respectively?

Is JH still a viable high grift build now that spirit walk is nerfed? I started a WD in seasons since there are 9 million DH's running around and I'm going to try for the 3 sets at grift 40 achievement. Have 4 pieces of JH and 1 of Zun, trying to figure out which direction to head.

I haven't done much research but it seems that Jade is no longer the go to build as it used to be. I gave it a try recently again and forgot how I really don't care much for the play style.

I just got this pretty much perfectly rolled In-Geom to drop. Thinking about re-rolling the INT to DEX and putting a gift on it (have 7 gifts, so not hurting on them) to use on the new Monk R6 build. What do you all think?

Zc98bUl.jpg

Focus/Restraint combo are the rings to have, at least on the DH.
I swapped on a RoRG and Broken Helm on my UE build and crits dropped from 350-600million to under 100million average.

That was exactly what I was feeling as well...

Quick question: does multishot damage boosters also boost damage done by the Rockets from Arsenal rune?

Probably gonna hop in tonight....

Can't decide if I wanna PL a DH or start gearing up my wizard proper etc.

I'll second the focus / restraint combo. I was so happy that I was finally able to find my 6th piece of Unhallowed so I could remove my RoG. My crits are also in the 300-600 range.

Also, the new Dead Man's Legacy that has multishot hot twice is stupid good.

Focus/Restraint combo are the rings to have, at least on the DH.
I swapped on a RoRG and Broken Helm on my UE build and crits dropped from 350-600million to under 100million average.

Yea ita my opinion that certain sets in this game are too powerful and end up pigeon holing you into a handful of sets/legendaries and most of everything I find will never have a chance to be used, regardless of how cool the bonuses sound.

I'm probably re-rolling to wizard. Not because I dislike DH but that Nat's playstyle is the only play style I find interesting and recently my fingers have been hurting like crazy also due to work. So trying to play after work just ends up with me more in pain than having fun. Probably bounce between my DH and Wizard depending on group comp and how my hand feels that day. Least wizards are at least viable now.

Tank sets for each class? - It's hard to design because the gameplay would be something boring like taunt, and then just sit there with a lot of Thorns on - they'd want more interesting gameplay than that.

That was the best part that caught my eye. Do they really play this game? Thorns is awful and should instead just be removed so tanks (and everybody else) could at least have one less layer of RNG for useful stats.

New Buff Bar interface caught my eye.

Along with "Incentive to play Campaign Mode". I dunno, bounties & rifts reminds me too much of Phantasy Star Online....

Back