Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Quite a few of us are playing in seasons. Of those playing regularly there are more in seasons than non seasons most nights.

lol :D

Another night of farming, still no gift. Is there really no trick to acquiring one of these things?

rabble rabble

In Season 1 I got gifts in back-to-back level 1 Grifts.

In Season 2 I didn't get any gifts.

Been playing non-seasonal instead of Season 3 and I got a gift from a random corpse I clicked on.

So no, there isn't a trick to finding them and there's no way to know if you'll ever find one. Get farmin'! :p

In Season 1 I got gifts in back-to-back level 1 Grifts.

In Season 2 I didn't get any gifts.

Been playing non-seasonal instead of Season 3 and I got a gift from a random corpse I clicked on.

So no, there isn't a trick to finding them and there's no way to know if you'll ever find one. Get farmin'! :p

Bah! Guess i'll just try to farm more lol

I got this sweet ancient Nat hand crossbow with no socket, but it's damage roll sucked. It already had 9% increased damage. So i re-rolled the damage on it and now it's only like 19 away from the cap. It was a 0.2% damage increase without a socket over my non-ancient nats, so i've been wearing it. Once i can get this sucker socketed it will be huge damages.

Bah! Guess i'll just try to farm more lol

I got this sweet ancient Nat hand crossbow with no socket, but it's damage roll sucked. It already had 9% increased damage. So i re-rolled the damage on it and now it's only like 19 away from the cap. It was a 0.2% damage increase without a socket over my non-ancient nats, so i've been wearing it. Once i can get this sucker socketed it will be huge damages.

I have 3 of those things but no weapon to use it on.. ill trade cha lol

I'm a little over paragon 300 now and have gotten 4 gifts. That being said I would like another because I would like to try out quin's god monk build. The farming continues!

On another note, I played with the most godlike random group the other night. We cleared a level 48 grift with the ease that most people clear a 35. What sucks is I was avoiding grifts until I got my raiment set so I really didn't have any gems at a high level to upgrade. I totally wasn't ever expecting a group like that from joining a random grift.

Still farming to complete ANY set in seasons on my monk FML. But hey, I got a near perfect ancient torch! :rolleyes:

If any seasonal monk is willing to let me tag along for gear in rifts that'd be awesome.

Also, if people who are NS need a carry or anything just find me in clan. I'm congalong. I regularly carry friends in the 35-41 grift zone (35s are like 3:30, and 41s are somewhere around 6:30 usually). If I'm not farming in seasons I'm usually grifting or HF farming in NS. Rainment monk that has pretty much all the monk gear I need so if you want to lootshare non seasons we can do that as well.

Finally got my gift last night! I almost quit too... it was late, I'd just killed the Rift Guardian (which is all i was doing on the last two rifts), but i'd gotten two legendaries out of this rift so far, which is 100% more than what i got out of the previous two... So i said to myself that this rift was the lucky one.

I didn't get the gift until the VERY last corner of the map... i'd already gotten to the teleportation stone but noticed one small area i hadn't checked yet. Went there, killed a few white mobs and there she lay.. a legendary consumable item... WOOT!

Took my damage from 886k to 1.123m equipping an emerald. Check out this sexy weapon now ^_^
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DukeLeto-1627/hero/40926630

Finally got my gift last night! I almost quit too... it was late, I'd just killed the Rift Guardian (which is all i was doing on the last two rifts), but i'd gotten two legendaries out of this rift so far, which is 100% more than what i got out of the previous two... So i said to myself that this rift was the lucky one.

I didn't get the gift until the VERY last corner of the map... i'd already gotten to the teleportation stone but noticed one small area i hadn't checked yet. Went there, killed a few white mobs and there she lay.. a legendary consumable item... WOOT!

Took my damage from 886k to 1.123m equipping an emerald. Check out this sexy weapon now ^_^

Still stuttering?

You know, I've noticed the same thing. Some rifts you full clear and get nothing, and some just seem to rain legendaries. I was farming with a group one time and one guy every once in a while would say full clear. Sure enough those were the ones were I was getting a bunch of legendaries. No idea if its in my head or not but it seems like every 4th or 5th one was a good one.

Congrats though!

No disc on secondary, no RCR or CDR on weapon. Salvage. ;) Grats though! Btw, who are you in clan (if you are in HOCP)

Still stuttering?
Ah thanks for reminding me! I keep meaning to ask you....

Does adaptive V-Sync limit framerate? I tried your suggestions and it did not eliminate the stuttering. But the exe that they're applied to is a launcher or something (it was the default D3 in the list), and i've noticed that i'm not locked to 60fps like i typically am with vsync... there also is some tearing so i'm kinda guessing that i don't have it applied correctly and all those settings are not working at all.

I have maybe a half-hour to an hour after a reboot before it starts, so if i want to play I just restart my computer before doing so.
You know, I've noticed the same thing. Some rifts you full clear and get nothing, and some just seem to rain legendaries. I was farming with a group one time and one guy every once in a while would say full clear. Sure enough those were the ones were I was getting a bunch of legendaries. No idea if its in my head or not but it seems like every 4th or 5th one was a good one.

Congrats though!
I've noticed the same exact thing. But now i'll be paying way more attention to it lol
No disc on secondary, no RCR or CDR on weapon. Salvage. ;) Grats though! Btw, who are you in clan (if you are in HOCP)

:*(

I realized that it could have used the Disc secondary, but i never really run out of that shit and don't plan on using this weapon with the new set.. i figure i'll want a two-hander for that. CDR and RCR, while nice, I'm okay without--if only because i really just needed a good weapon and in all this time this one is the best I've found... by a huge fuckin margin too lol

I keep getting 2-handed bows with 2,200 damage.. like seriously wtf!

Anyway, i'm DukeLeto, and I'm not sure if I'm still in the clan.. I think i joined a loooong time ago pre expansion.

I was playing last night and I was lagging every now and then for 5 seconds or so, sometimes for something like 30 seconds it felt like.
I can walk around but everything around me is frozen, then all of a sudden bam I am back in the game standing where I was when it started lagging.
After doing half a dozen Grifts with members, I was disconnected from the server.

Ah thanks for reminding me! I keep meaning to ask you....

Does adaptive V-Sync limit framerate? I tried your suggestions and it did not eliminate the stuttering. But the exe that they're applied to is a launcher or something (it was the default D3 in the list), and i've noticed that i'm not locked to 60fps like i typically am with vsync... there also is some tearing so i'm kinda guessing that i don't have it applied correctly and all those settings are not working at all.

Ah, damn it. That's the exact problem I ran into when my wife still had a 760. No matter what I did or which driver version used, none of the Vsync settings from the NV Control Panel would stick. That's why you are seeing tearing. Only happened with D3, custom settings worked just fine with WoW. You could also try forcing settings with a utility called Nvidia Inspector, though I never tried that myself.

Adaptive Vsync just toggles Vsync on and off depending on your frame rate. FPS at or below your screen refresh rate = off, above that = on. Really makes things a lot smoother.

Congrats though!

Thats why I've mostly been running grifts. Also more entertaining. T6 rifts are just too easy, gets boring. Plus tons of gold and shards.

Thanks to the clan for power leveling my season3 wiz to 70 in a little over an hour!!

Man, how rare are ancient boulder breakers or furnaces? Paragon 400, gotten 1 regular furnace, and 4 regular boulder breakers (3 from gambling I believe, 2 in one set of 500 shards). The damage share with the ancients is a huge, huge toughness increase, but need the weapon/belt to get the always up ancients and not lose my WW set bonuses. And keep Skull Grasp/Elements ring (199% roll :D)

I dunno man, I'm around 460 paragon and have gotten 2 normal furnaces, 1 normal boulder breaker, and 3 BK swords

Ah, damn it. That's the exact problem I ran into when my wife still had a 760. No matter what I did or which driver version used, none of the Vsync settings from the NV Control Panel would stick. That's why you are seeing tearing. Only happened with D3, custom settings worked just fine with WoW. You could also try forcing settings with a utility called Nvidia Inspector, though I never tried that myself.

Adaptive Vsync just toggles Vsync on and off depending on your frame rate. FPS at or below your screen refresh rate = off, above that = on. Really makes things a lot smoother.

So you never got it figured out? Guess i'll have to try that next.

I dunno man, I'm around 460 paragon and have gotten 2 normal furnaces, 1 normal boulder breaker, and 3 BK swords

I got to just over 100 paragon and have yet to even find a pair of set pieces or any useful legs :(

I did find an ancient Tal Rasha offhand but from what i see most wiz's prefer 2 handed weps

I've never gotten a Furnace, but I guess it's because I am playing a DH for 99% of the time.

Got my first Furnace at around Paragon 300 (Strength one, low damage roll).

Got this one 2 nights ago.

TQbOdUn.jpg

why is it garbage ? 40% is 40%.. not like 45 or 50% is that much difference..... and add a stone of jordan u already can have 65%....

Made a WitchDoctor the other day and I just grabbed some random cold damage skills. Did a rift trial to level 16 on my first try. What level rifts should I try to do?

Finally got my first Furnace drop ever at Paragon ~430 on my monk.

No need for it so I rolled the dex to STR for my Raekor barb or will go on crusader when I complete my BK set for WW barb.

Meh roll on the Furnace but still. :)

Can I build a WW/IK barb off season?

There doesn't seem to be any crucial pieces on a WW that is dropped during season.

Thanks

Isn't the WW set season only? Sorry I just came back this season after a long time away...

Also, did key drops from Keywardens get nerfed? T6, 4 person party, maybe about 1 key from each respective Act Warden per 4-6 games.

Isn't the WW set season only? Sorry I just came back this season after a long time away...

Also, did key drops from Keywardens get nerfed? T6, 4 person party, maybe about 1 key from each respective Act Warden per 4-6 games.

Sets arent season exclusive, only legendaries

Back