Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Crusader has become easier with 2.1 to start CDR though. Leoric's Crown with a RoRG is great for starting since even the lowest roll with the max diamond provides almost 22% of CDR. Crusader Shields can also have 8CDR as well as Vigilante Belt. Get it on your gloves, shoulders and weapon and you should just about be at the 55.55% required. Early on in Season 1 I was able to run with only a few paragon points in CDR and have perms uptime. It gets much harder once you try to wing off of Leoric's Crown and socket your jewelry. I'm sitting at just under 52% right now and only 5CDR on one ring and 0 on the other. Max CDR on paragon weapon shield shoulder gloves belt and 12.5 in akkhan's helm. Most of my deaths come in the AC downtime of less than 2 seconds.

Nearly all the high spec Crusader builds forgoe defense (armor/allres on gear) for CDR, and then use Akarat full time (which nearly doubles your toughness). If you can't keep Akarat up full time you need to learn to back-off using steed charge when it's about to drop, because you go from nearly invulnerable to squishy in an instant. The invulnerability comes half from akarat being up, and then secondly from the Wrath spent to healing numbers (most Akarat builds spam huge wrath costs skills non-stop). Not sure about Roland builds, as I only have a couple pieces so far.

My sader.

My gear is incredibly confusing right now, I have literally no CC/CD on my amulets or rings, which by all normal build strategies shouldn't work - but ran a tier 29 rift solo last night, and should be able to hit low 30's once I get my last gem above 25. My Hellfire amulet is pretty terrible, but the passive is actually quite useful (survive death once per 60 seconds), it does drop my kill speed a touch, but makes up for it in solo rifts by avoiding being one-shot and having to respawn. With the Goguk up to 25 I'll likely drop the Vigilant belt for a string of ears, that 30% melee reduction is nice.

I'm still debating:

Akkan helmet + Crimson Pants/Belt
vs.
Leorics crown + akkan pants + string of ears

Need to find out how much impact the goguk's cooldown bonus provides at 25. Leorics crown gives more CDR than the crimson set, but loses the 10% cost reduction.

Vigilante Belt and Leoric's Crown is the optimal setup. If you are on the ball with cool downs, you will rarely run into a Wrath issue.

I am getting Elite cries around 55 mil per horse with my gear

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ocellaris-1324/hero/47862535

How, seriously I mean how in the world are you guys hitting these numbers... my crusader even with tweaking a couple pieces of gear with AC up I'm at 15 million toughness and dps is just under 1 million on the sheet. T6 elites generally molest me in uncomfortable ways and I'll admit it is kinda getting frustrating because I'm not getting any upgrades and the upgrades I need I don't see boosting my stats to those amounts.

If you're running Prophet rune, dump out the diamonds in your armor for strength gems. The strength gems will not only boost your armor a bit, but also bump up your damage. Prophet is all about high armor. The only slot with a diamond should be the helm.

As far as damage is concerned, depends on build. My shotgun sader crits elites up to 134 million a beam with party buffs. Solo and with my gem buffs, I crit elites for ~110 million a beam.

Pick your gems carefully.

Certain gems for certain builds will improve your mileage. Shotgun sader: double Bane and Efficacious Toxin. Sub in Miraneae or Moratorium for Toxin gem as preferred/needed.

Note: that was for shotgun build. I'd run different gems for another build, but Bane of Trapped and Efficacious Toxin are almost always universal...almost.

My sader: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Harkamsu-1769/hero/43486819

Need to find out how much impact the goguk's cooldown bonus provides at 25.
Gogok is shit. It's good on paper. I've tested this extensively, most of the time, you will not notice the cool down reduction. Why? It's because many times you're building up the stacks instead of maintaining stacks already built up. The rank 25 CDR does nothing for you if you have no stacks built up, which is most of the time. The attack speed boost is not really needed for shotgun sader. I guess it's nice, but not worth a gem slot. This gem would be great if the rank 25 unlock was a permanent 15% CDR.

The only way you'll maintain the stacks is if you hit an attack every 3 seconds while moving from mob to mob. Watch your clear times increase substantially since you won't be steeding as much.

Like I said, shitty gem is shitty.

Last edited:
What about Pain Enhancer gem? I guess as shotgun, IAS doesn't help at all? I've been running a Captain America build, using Pain Enhancer, still trying to roll my RoRG with a socket to put in Efficiacious Toxin :/.

What about Pain Enhancer gem? I guess as shotgun, IAS doesn't help at all? I've been running a Captain America build, using Pain Enhancer, still trying to roll my RoRG with a socket to put in Efficiacious Toxin :/.

Pain Enhancer is the one that causes a physical bleed and increases attack speed by 3% for everything bleeding in a 20 yard radius, right?

If so, it's good for Phalanx Bowman build, not so much Shotgun. Granted, I rather have the 10% damage boost from Efficacious. I prefer big crits, over smaller ones, and stutter stepping lets me attack fast enough. With double Bane and Toxin, I get +36.10% damage and +15% elite, or +56.10% damage and +15% elite after an elite kill.

If you're running Prophet rune, dump out the diamonds in your armor for strength gems. The strength gems will not only boost your armor a bit, but also bump up your damage. Prophet is all about high armor. The only slot with a diamond should be the helm.

As far as damage is concerned, depends on build. My shotgun sader crits elites up to 134 million a beam with party buffs. Solo and with my gem buffs, I crit elites for ~110 million a beam.

Pick your gems carefully.

Certain gems for certain builds will improve your mileage. Shotgun sader: double Bane and Efficacious Toxin. Sub in Miraneae or Moratorium for Toxin gem as preferred/needed.

Note: that was for shotgun build. I'd run different gems for another build, but Bane of Trapped and Efficacious Toxin are almost always universal...almost.

My sader: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Harkamsu-1769/hero/43486819

Gogok is shit. It's good on paper. I've tested this extensively, most of the time, you will not notice the cool down reduction. Why? It's because many times you're building up the stacks instead of maintaining stacks already built up. The rank 25 CDR does nothing for you if you have no stacks built up, which is most of the time. The attack speed boost is not really needed for shotgun sader. I guess it's nice, but not worth a gem slot. This gem would be great if the rank 25 unlock was a permanent 15% CDR.

The only way you'll maintain the stacks is if you hit an attack every 3 seconds while moving from mob to mob. Watch your clear times increase substantially since you won't be steeding as much.

Like I said, shitty gem is shitty.

My initial reaction was that IAS for shotgun from Goguk would be a problem, causing you to tear through your wrath far too quickly, but it seemed to be in use by a number of high grift saders on the leaderboard so I figured I would give it a shot (could be trolls). This is pre-level 25 goguk, so only factoring in the attack speed. With 3 beams it's really quick to build up the 15 stacks, and the speed boost is significant. While it does burn through the wrath faster, it's still dealing the same damage, just in a shorter period of time. The primary benefit, is that it allows you to get more shots off during the very short active periods of laws of valor and shield glare. I'm thinking there is a timing factor required for it to work best something along the lines of:

1. Akarat
2. 3-4 blasts of Heaven's Fury (to build up Goguk stacks)
3. Trip Laws of Valor and Shield Glare (triggered their cooldown with the benefit of goguk stacks)
4. Volley of Heaven's Fury (tripping provoke when required)

Once you get going if the density is high enough, or the killing speed slows down (as happens in higher grifts) you can likely avoid the intial stack up. Could perhaps use the ramming steed charge to try and maintain the stacks.

Might still be less effective than other leg gem options, and does add even more micromanagement to the holy shotgun build...

Alkazierx uses Gogok:

twitch.tv/alkaizerx

He is #1 Barbarian and #2 Crusader in seasons right now.

Unfortunately, I haven't really found any good marauders yet. Most of my pieces are bare minimum dexterity and I couldn't re-enchant those stats due to other missing key stats. But a weak M6 is still better than a semi powerful non M6 on later difficulties. I originally had 1 million sheet dps before any marauders and barely could make it to grift 11. Now with my stats I can make it to about grift 22.

I can solo T4 all day long with my low powered DH, I only have 4.5million toughness.
I have a tad over 9000 Dex.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zepher-1253/hero/48061290
I did a Grift 22 today but ran out of time since I got stuck and died and it took about 4-5 minutes to walk all the way back to where I died. :(

Getting pretty annoyed. I've got my DH up to level 70 and paragon 50ish. I currently have pretty shit tastic gear. I've got one piece of the M6, the rest are just random uniques and random set items. No RoRG yet. The last 5ish hours I've played have basically been for nothing as I haven't got anything better then what I currently have.

Alkazierx uses Gogok:

twitch.tv/alkaizerx

He is #1 Barbarian and #2 Crusader in seasons right now.

Let me go change my gems because the number 1 barb and the number 2 crusader uses them.

Not really. I still hate Gogok.

Anyone have suggestions for me? I had a Maximus with like 34xxdps, but switched to this one bc of the massive HP boost. I took like a 1% loss.

I seem to do okay up to like grift 22 or so, then its just way too hard.

The setup that is showing on my profile right now is my support loadout, so disregard that. I'm just curious about gear. I'll be damned if I can find a lvl 70 witching hour belt. Anything else is like a 10% dps loss.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Skyvalley-1789/hero/38266334

I've got 3 items from Blackthorns, the belt chest and pants or shoes. I always hear about them, but don't see what is so great. I've also got a Bul Kathos ring that is sitting around which I am trying desperately to re-roll so I can replace my rare ring and a Cindercoat with 2 sockets that I haven't touched.

I've got a Perma Freeze setup on my Scoundrel which is pretty hilarious too.

Last edited:
The 2 hand weapon buff was good to my monk.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/WildAce-1546/hero/48379493

first time playing my monk since the patch, i've had the flow of eternity for ever and now it is so beast lol.

atm, T5 is a breeze T6 tho is a bit rough need to get a leorics crown, and perfect sunwooko amulet and my legenadry gems to lvl 25 still at least those are my goals.

have not decided on the 3rd gem i want to use yet, the holy one (hitting for 90million) is a keeper and i want to keep the damage bonuse after killing elite packs and / elite damage one and so far i am digging the wreath lightning one 600% weapon damage spam on most of the time feels like a mini conduit that wont shut off. which atm hits for about 2.5-3million constantly to everything around me.

Last edited:
CDR is #1 stat for crusaders, yes? Gogok makes sense.
It's garbage for everyone else though.

But the up time is not anywhere near 100% for the CDR. This is why I don't like this gem. It's not noticeable for me, which is why I don't use it and will continue NOT to use it.

Getting pretty annoyed. I've got my DH up to level 70 and paragon 50ish. I currently have pretty shit tastic gear. I've got one piece of the M6, the rest are just random uniques and random set items. No RoRG yet. The last 5ish hours I've played have basically been for nothing as I haven't got anything better then what I currently have.

lol and you think playing a few hours u will suddenly find tons of good gear or? problem is that now that gear is acc bound and no AH its kinda a grindfest to play bounties or rifts more or less torment 6, the best way to upgrade paragon lvls and find loot,, there is no magic way anymore.. Come back and whine when u are like paragon lvl 200+ when i was low lvl i had crap gear too but overtime u will start get better items.

But the up time is not anywhere near 100% for the CDR. This is why I don't like this gem. It's not noticeable for me, which is why I don't use it and will continue NOT to use it.

Really depends on the content. When speed running T6 rifts, I have a lot of Gogok downtime since mobs can get nuked before I build full stacks. In 32+ GRifts, uptime on full stack of Gogok is near 100% since everything takes so long to kill. Also when people get into higher level GRifts, Bane of the Powerful becomes less usefull since you lose the +20% damage boost on Rift bosses which take multiple minutes to kill.

Having said that, I don't think the Gogok gem is very fun. It just makes it easier to have more uptime on Arakat Champion, but you still need the planets to be in perfect alignment with max Gogok stacks and a lot of CDR to maximize it. Then you miss one cool down by a couple seconds and your Crusader explodes like a grape under a hammer because AC went down. I am going to try Taeguk once I get it to 25. That provides a DPS boost and a toughness boost, so at least I have bigger numbers and some extra survivability when AC is down.

Last edited:

Play in groups and join bounty farming communities to get the things you want. I got seven(!) RoRGs last Sunday by spending a couple hours in a bounty farming group doing split bounties. Get some people to drag you through T6 Rifts for gear, it doesn't take longer to get a few pieces of really nice gear when clearing high level rifts quickly.

I tried gogo ks and like Hark didn't find it to be very useful especially for my archers. Switched it out for the pet boost and distance boost gems. Much better synergy for a pet build.

It's all RNG. In seasons I didn't get my first marauder piece until paragon 130, then about 150 until I had the full set. Paragon 50 is not much play time.

As others have said, play in groups, low level torment rifts go extremely quick and you could probably go up a torment level when in a group. Also craft some set pieces if you have the plans - aughild's and asheara's sets provide extra damage and toughness, should be able to get 3 pieces of each depending on your other gear. Have you gotten the reaper wrap plans? craft some of those to help resource regen. Link your character and we probably could offer better suggestions.

Very little about Diablo 3's loot is RNG.

The closest thing to random this game has it what stats roll when you do find something.

They can and do alter what drops and how frequently which is controlled loot which is pretty much the opposite of random....but this doesn't matter too much because from what I can tell is it is global so everyone is in the same boat.

Here's my DH. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Loading-1409/hero/51171738

Not really sure what skills to use either.. I'm usually putting down a couple (or 3 sentries) firing the rain of vengance thingy then going full auto. I use the shadow ability for the movement buff. Like to keep my hatred for the sentries and full auto machine gun.

I've asked around in the chat and I cant find anyone to help me through some tier 6 rifts.

Thanks for any help!

what are the go to skills for a crusader?

I've been using the following and was thinking another combination might work better?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nijmegen-1990/hero/53303066

been away from the game for a bit but am getting back into it

You'll be looking to either build up for full Akkhan set or full Roland set. Nearly all the builds use one or the other.. Angle-hair band + Depth Diggers might be reasonable interim solution.

Your mortal drama can work well with a fire or physical build.

Here's my DH. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Loading-1409/hero/51171738

Not really sure what skills to use either.. I'm usually putting down a couple (or 3 sentries) firing the rain of vengance thingy then going full auto. I use the shadow ability for the movement buff. Like to keep my hatred for the sentries and full auto machine gun.

I've asked around in the chat and I cant find anyone to help me through some tier 6 rifts.

Thanks for any help!

At work so I can't really get too specific, but the first thing i'd do is get an emerald in the weapon. And use the Wolf instead of the ferret. I'd probably take out custom engineering for Archery or Steady Aim. custom engineering seems like a waste since most of the damage is going to be coming from you.

I've never used that xbow/rapid fire combo to know how affective it is but I hate standing still as a DH because you're going to get hit. I usually just stick with cluster arrow (if you use ballistics one of the runes with rockets) and one of the two 6 hatred generators (serrated arrow since you have that quiver) or evasive fire - focus which generates 7 hatred. I'd also switch out shadow power for vault or if you're set on sticking with rapid fire, switch to the shadow power rune that gives damage reduction. But eventually you're probably going to want to start using cluster arrow.

Just played some more and got a pretty damn good roll for the M6 gloves (I think they are good anyway)

Now I've got 2 pieces of the set.. I've gambled about 350 BS for boots, haven't got shit. I was using ferrets for the increased speed, I had pumped all my paragon points into speed as well, trying to do the act 1 bounties as fast as possible for the RORG.. Still haven't got one.

I had a fun time last night with a few members running T6 rifts and grifts.
I was along for the ride since my DH is no match for any of the enemies in T6 land.
the 3 guys I was playing with were just rolling through T6 with no problems.

If you dont have m6 build yet, focus on +elemental dmg and/or +skill dmg, along with the trifecta: crit chance, crit dmg, attack speed. Best skill to use it Cluster Arrow loaded for bears for the quick hits. I would say stick to t1 / t2 so you can clear rifts faster until you get better gear. I get more legs running through a lot of t3 rifts than a few t6 rfits. Plus kadala is your best bet to get set items. BTW, do we have a community for H members?

Last edited:
I am currently stuck grinding in T2 and can't get any further. Any ideas to help out my DH? I have 2 pieces of Marauder's, using just 2 I take a pretty big hit in paper dps and don't really gain much else. I know my armor, ring, and pants are OLD but out of all the crap I have found I can't find a better combo.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DooLocsta-1982/hero/12813324

Just keep grinding away for the 4 piece set, once you get 4 pieces (or 3 and a rorg) t3 is easily doable even if you lose dps. Having all the companions helps a lot. Like was mentioned above, cluster arrow is the go to damage skill for DH. Early on I'd use whatever rune matches elemental damage I have on gear but LFB and Maelstrom are arguably the best

I had a fun time last night with a few members running T6 rifts and grifts.
I was along for the ride since my DH is no match for any of the enemies in T6 land.
the 3 guys I was playing with were just rolling through T6 with no problems.

You were doing fine, once you get geared a bit better you'll be rolling T6's as well. Was a fun time last night. :D

I'm in awe at how awesome Boon of the Hoarder is.I've made well over 100m gold in a few days from just running bounties and T6 rifts.

Got a kridershot last night on my up and coming demon hunter. Now to finish off the rest of the gear.. Missing a few marauders. Soj... And an rorg. :(

My HC seasons crusader has officially turned into a 'zoosader'. I found the shield that grants double Phalanx summons and the ring with 200% more Phalanx time (pets stay out the entire time). The results are pretty hilarious - this is like playing a witch doctor.

My HC seasons crusader has officially turned into a 'zoosader'. I found the shield that grants double Phalanx summons and the ring with 200% more Phalanx time (pets stay out the entire time). The results are pretty hilarious - this is like playing a witch doctor.

I have the same thing and its awesome....hard to say what is better bowmen or bodyguards

I just looked at my backup rhen'ho flayer the other day...damn that thing is epic. Probably better than the one I "died" with (fuck you DDOS scrubs). It has almost max damage roll with 8% damage rerolled and ~14k life per hit. Put a jamals gift on there and boom. I need to make a witch doctor again.

Wow what happened to the hardcore community in D3? I hadn't played in a while and when I logged onto my lvl 70 hardcorecharacter, there were only a total of 4 players in public games. Did the entire hardcore community move onto seasonal ladders?

Wow what happened to the hardcore community in D3? I hadn't played in a while and when I logged onto my lvl 70 hardcorecharacter, there were only a total of 4 players in public games. Did the entire hardcore community move onto seasonal ladders?

I think so! There are a lot of people doing HC rifts and grifts.

A lot of us have, yes. It really hasn't taken long to gear up a few characters already, which is nice. I hadn't touched barb since RoS launched and I already have a leapquake barb, a decently geared zoosader, etc.

I love my little pony 'sader... also have the Baleful flail which summons a phalanx avatar on each kill you make so I have horses AND troops... :cool:

Back