Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Figures the update would come out this week....traveling for work right now. Played a little last night on my Surface 3 (i5 version) it is 'playable' ...sorta. Frame Rate from 20 to 30 @ 800p with pretty much everything set to low.

If anyone's like me, and been dead broke forever in Diablo 3, the greed rifts are pretty awesome. Even at T1 with minimal gold find, it was 18 million gold. I've finally been able to make quite a few flawless royal emeralds now.

Last edited:
Without touching my build, I cleared a T6 rift with ease and melted the RG in < 30 sec. 3.9 bil hp gone like that.

I then swapped out the calamity for buriza and rerolled socket to 10% damage and added a socket with the Rammi's gift. I switched to 3 spenders and put back on the fire Reaper wraps. Things melt on T6. Elite? ding... dong... what elite was that again?

a buddy and I did t6 ubers and can kill ALL of them < 1 min. Magda takes too long due to her shield. Did a greater rift 34 3 man and finished 13 mins.

So it seems Wizards are broken. From what I read, they were perfectly fine in PTR with the exception of a bug(Energy Twister?) but they broke Firebirds and Hydra's right before releasing the patch. Seriously, why do they even do a PTR if they are not gonna listen and just break everything before releasing it? All while not caring about Demon Hunters steamrolling through everything. But let's make sure wizards aren't too OP :roll eyes:

No I think they were broken before and now they're fixed. Firebird was stacking too many debuffs or some shit. That's if you believe blizzard though.

They are not fixed. Firebirds will either stack 0% CD or 100% CD. That can be anywhere from 9 million - 100+ million. If you get the 9 million you are screwed unless you swap gear real fast(resets the dots). Hydras are not affected by anything pets should be (IAS, CC, CD and +Hydra damage). That's not fixed, that's fucked.

T6 is nothing now. It's all about greater rifts. I soloed a rank 30 last night. 31 I can almost get. Duoed a 31 after many attempts. I mean the time was beaten of course. Anyone can beat a greater rift, but not everyone can beat it in the allotted time.

So it seems Wizards are broken. From what I read, they were perfectly fine in PTR with the exception of a bug(Energy Twister?) but they broke Firebirds and Hydra's right before releasing the patch. Seriously, why do they even do a PTR if they are not gonna listen and just break everything before releasing it? All while not caring about Demon Hunters steamrolling through everything. But let's make sure wizards aren't too OP :roll eyes:

Not really sure what you are talking about my Wizard steam rolled everything just fine. 100 million crits with my meteor. Didn't they already patch in fixes for FireBirds?

My only problem now is I was a fire wizard and now that the Arcane Meteor is completely bad ass I'm going to have to change my element to Arcane.

My Star Pact does 2740% damage with 60% on top of that for arcane dynamo.

I wonder why they keep the healing/defense moves a static number and just keep buffing them over time? Why not make them scale somehow? i.e. Damage absorption increased from 71798 to 93337

I wonder why they keep the healing/defense moves a static number and just keep buffing them over time? Why not make them scale somehow? i.e. Damage absorption increased from 71798 to 93337

The only reasonable answers are the Design change is difficult or they want to have control over it so people don't abuse it.

Like if you make it based off of health then having too much will break it and having too little will render it useless.

But I do agree everything should scale.

They do scale. The number they report in the update notes for level 70. You're obviously going to have less at lower levels otherwise you could steamroll while in the process of leveling by yourself.

They do scale. The number they report in the update notes for level 70. You're obviously going to have less at lower levels otherwise you could steamroll while in the process of leveling by yourself.

He means scaling from like L70 Normal content to L70 Tier 30+ GRifts.

Not really sure what you are talking about my Wizard steam rolled everything just fine. 100 million crits with my meteor. Didn't they already patch in fixes for FireBirds?

My only problem now is I was a fire wizard and now that the Arcane Meteor is completely bad ass I'm going to have to change my element to Arcane.

My Star Pact does 2740% damage with 60% on top of that for arcane dynamo.

On what torment? I steamroll through T4 as well, T5 isn't too hard either with a group that can tank some damage. The problem is when the stack damage from Firebirds doesn't work correctly and I'm stuck with something like 20 million damage per second on a 5+ billion HP RG instead of 100 million. Hydras are not affected by any IAS, CHD, CHC or +hydra damage which is annoying since they could be doing more damage. They also don't seem to proc firebirds correctly(the Mammoth hydras that is)

On what torment? I steamroll through T4 as well, T5 isn't too hard either with a group that can tank some damage. The problem is when the stack damage from Firebirds doesn't work correctly and I'm stuck with something like 20 million damage per second on a 5+ billion HP RG instead of 100 million. Hydras are not affected by any IAS, CHD, CHC or +hydra damage which is annoying since they could be doing more damage. They also don't seem to proc firebirds correctly(the Mammoth hydras that is)

Well I don't use Firebirds but this was posted by a blue a while ago.

'Quick update! The hotfix for the Firebird's Finery set has gone live, and the 6-piece set bonus has been enabled. Thanks again for your patience, everyone.'

Tal rasha's set seems to bee better IMO. Dropping a meteor each time you use a particular element seems awesome. Only need 1 more set or the ring to have it.

Well I don't use Firebirds but this was posted by a blue a while ago.

'Quick update! The hotfix for the Firebird's Finery set has gone live, and the 6-piece set bonus has been enabled. Thanks again for your patience, everyone.'

Tal rasha's set seems to bee better IMO. Dropping a meteor each time you use a particular element seems awesome. Only need 1 more set or the ring to have it.

They activated the 6 set bonus but they CHANGED it from the PTR and the change is not working correctly.

Tal Rasha's is pretty good, only problem is you can't focus on any one element really since you want to use Cold/Lightning/fire/Arcane to get the meteors. Elemental Exposure works really well with it though.

Thats a nice stone of Jordan...I was pretty stoked when I got mine and yours is even better.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075789

They activated the 6 set bonus but they CHANGED it from the PTR and the change is not working correctly.

Tal Rasha's is pretty good, only problem is you can't focus on any one element really since you want to use Cold/Lightning/fire/Arcane to get the meteors. Elemental Exposure works really well with it though.

Yeah I'm switch to a elite damage only focus. Kind of a pain to put focus into 1 element just to have them make another one better for your play style. You can see the amount of fire buff I have and will be slowly removing.

Well Fire is still the strongest element right now for wizards, arcane is still pretty good as well.

Well Fire is still the strongest element right now for wizards, arcane is still pretty good as well.

all are strong. It just depends on play style. I was using Fire Nova and Fire blades and it was great....but the new Star Pact meteor is perfect for how I like to play. Just love boosting Arcane Dynamo and Dropping 1 meteor for 2700% weapon damage and seeing the 100+ million crits. Even Higher on elite packs too from my 57% elite damage.

all are strong. It just depends on play style. I was using Fire Nova and Fire blades and it was great....but the new Star Pact meteor is perfect for how I like to play. Just love boosting Arcane Dynamo and Dropping 1 meteor for 2700% weapon damage and seeing the 100+ million crits. Even Higher on elite packs too from my 57% elite damage.

That does sound fucking sweet!!!

I am so confused as to how people are getting 100million crits with meteor and Hydra.

Currently using a MM, Black Hole, and Meteor shower build. I spam meteor until no Arcane, then MM, repeat. Drop black hole when off CD.

I have not seen any 100 Million criticals, on 10 Mil +.

I am so confused as to how people are getting 100million crits with meteor and Hydra.

Currently using a MM, Black Hole, and Meteor shower build. I spam meteor until no Arcane, then MM, repeat. Drop black hole when off CD.

I have not seen any 100 Million criticals, on 10 Mil +.

Star Pact adds 20% damage for every arcane you are using (Let's assume you have 100 to "waste", that adds 2000% damage to meteor), Arcane Dynamo adds another 60%. If you add crit to that and maybe some +Arcane you can easily hit 100 million.

My Hydras don't do 100 million, when Firebirds works the fire damage stacks and burns the enemy for ~90-100 million per second

I just bought Diablo ]l[ and 'Reaper of Souls'

First time playing both. Is there a way for me to start right on the Reaper of Souls expansion game, and not have to go through the original Diablo 3 game first ?

First time playing both. Is there a way for me to start right on the Reaper of Souls expansion game, and not have to go through the original Diablo 3 game first ?

Nope. Gotta do one complete play through of the story. Of course you can get rushed.

It's just like Diablo 2 with LoD... if you are starting fresh, you need to get through the full game to unlock Adventure Mode and other features. You can have someone rush you of course, best bet is to join the Power Leveler's community in-game and 'leech' to 70, if you don't want to play the campaign

So it seems GR guardians have a 100% drop rate for either 1 or 2 legendaries (plus a gem).
This is all GR's, including GR1.

So if you start on GR1, clear the rift, then wait until 4:00 remains you can kill the boss, get the items, and it will only bump you +1 rank.
Not really "amazing" but it's an easy way to get some free legs.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/bjAol5W.png (Notice Greater Rift Rank 7).
I got 2 legs + 1 set piece! And a leg gem of course.

Another bug: You can take your Hoarder Boon gem into grifts and mobs will drop gold. The amount of gold dropped is based on the game's difficulty, however the mobs difficulty is based on your GR rank. So you can set the game to Torment6, then do a GR1, and easily get tons of T6-level gold.
With 9000% GF I was making about 10 million per run. Not a ton of gold, but enough if you're broke and need easy mobs (good for hardcore). With good gear and a fast toon that's about 100 million per hour.

Last edited:

Why would you skip the story if you never played it before? :eek:

Milking the system seems boring to me, but meh, different strokes for different folks. I duoed and beat greater rift 33. 34 slaughtered us mercilessly. The difference was night and day. The grift guard had 23 billion hitpoints. We were only 58% finished when the timer ran out and spawned the guard at grift 33.

I've soloed 30 and almost beat 31 a few times, but always ran short by a few seconds.

I'm not farming gold, but make enough from grift rewards. Made something like 35 mill since patch drop just doing grifts.

So it seems GR guardians have a 100% drop rate for either 1 or 2 legendaries (plus a gem).
This is all GR's, including GR1.

So if you start on GR1, clear the rift, then wait until 4:00 remains you can kill the boss, get the items, and it will only bump you +1 rank.
Not really "amazing" but it's an easy way to get some free legs.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/bjAol5W.png (Notice Greater Rift Rank 7).
I got 2 legs + 1 set piece! And a leg gem of course.

Yeah some people did this in PTR but it's not really effective at all considering a lower level GRift only takes about 3-5 minutes to complete and the more difficult ones take about the same time to complete as this method, while also giving you a much better chance to upgrade gems.

If you upgrade the keystone by 1 rank, you can't upgrade the gem.
So it only serves 2 purposes: To get easy legs, or to farm your leg gems.

I've done entire clears of T3 rifts with no legs dropping and I got 3 in a GR7 (equivalent to Expert difficulty I think) and it took about 5 minutes of playtime.

It seems to be a bug because I doubt Blizzard intended for people to farm GR's rank by rank intentionally for gear.

Just Rift it backward. Run rifts at comfortable levels, have someone start a low level rift and run with them using your high level rift key. It will be remade as a low one, so you can infinitely use a single rift fragment for easy clear runs.

Downside is you'll never upgrade gems this way, but probably an efficient way for gear.

I believe I'm done with my WD. Just feels boring to me now. Guess it's what I exclusively played from ROS launch. Trying to decide between my monk or DH. LEaning monk cause it was my d3 vanilla main and I have never really played DH.

Open to comments to convince me to play DH though.

Star Pact is awesome....BUT its not very good for rifts as every enemy becomes a bad ass and you need to cast more causing less damage.

I have a hard time matching the Leap EarthQuake Barb....he is so bad ass.

I believe I'm done with my WD. Just feels boring to me now. Guess it's what I exclusively played from ROS launch. Trying to decide between my monk or DH. LEaning monk cause it was my d3 vanilla main and I have never really played DH.

Open to comments to convince me to play DH though.

Tried crusader yet? I played monk and wizard pre-RoS, really enjoying the crusader life.

Played some crusader. I have all the classes at 70. Just something didn't feel right. Seemed like the only way to build him now is a shotgun build (after they nerfed shield throw). I

I could be wrong though.

Back