Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Blizz said they're changing it in 1.0.4, there wasn't enough time to include it in today's patch.

But that's some shitty luck. I usually get nothing but ilvl 61-63 when I farm Act 3.

Really? I haven't seen a reasonable amount of ilvl 61-63 drop since 1.0.3 dropped. Most of my runs end up with at most 3 ilvl 63 after 15 elites, but the average is about 1 per run. Having that one item roll into a 400 dps one hander or + health orb pickup every single time gets pretty tiring when each run can take anywhere from 1-2 hours.

I got a barbarian with 40khp and 15k dps. lvl 60, act 1 inferno. Where should I farm for moneys?

What exactly is this supposed to represent? It's nothing close to the actual sales of the game. Is it simply registered xfire users? Because a peak of 140K is rather low for the launch week, at least if it's supposed represent the entire installed base :p

What exactly is this supposed to represent? It's nothing close to the actual sales of the game. Is it simply registered xfire users? Because a peak of 140K is rather low for the launch week, at least if it's supposed represent the entire installed base :p

Just shows the trends of Xfire's users playing (or not playing) Diablo 3. What this shows is that it peaked around 140-150k players (using Xfire) a month ago, and now it's down to ~50k. You could then assume Diablo 3 has lost, since May 25th, around 2/3 of its population. I would really like to see during the first week of release, but it looks like it doesn't go that far back.

Yeah that was my point - I have no idea what xfire even was until it was linked. How can it be considered as a relevant representation of the overall user base?

Really? I haven't seen a reasonable amount of ilvl 61-63 drop since 1.0.3 dropped. Most of my runs end up with at most 3 ilvl 63 after 15 elites, but the average is about 1 per run. Having that one item roll into a 400 dps one hander or + health orb pickup every single time gets pretty tiring when each run can take anywhere from 1-2 hours.

Since I was farming anyway, here's the ilvl breakdown from the rares of the last 7 packs I killed + Azmodan:

52: 1
55: 1
59: 1
60: 3
61: 4
62: 5
63: 3

Funnily enough the lowest ilvl (52) was dropped by Azmodan, don't think I've ever gotten a good item off him. But anyway, you can see why I'm confused when people claim Act 3 loot is bad, because I get way more garbage 51-59 rares off Act 1.

Yeah that was my point - I have no idea what xfire even was until it was linked. How can it be considered as a relevant representation of the overall user base?

Because it's a very large sample size. ;)

Wikipedia said:
In statistics, a sample is a subset of a population. Typically, the population is very large, making a census or a complete enumeration of all the values in the population impractical or impossible. The sample represents a subset of manageable size. Samples are collected and statistics are calculated from the samples so that one can make inferences or extrapolations from the sample to the population. This process of collecting information from a sample is referred to as sampling.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample_(statistics)

The point is... of course there's going to be a large drop-off in players after the initial month, this happens to every single non-MMO title. I know the D3 hate brigade is using this as proof that the game is a failure and everything, but it's not a very good representation of the population considering the Xfire crowd is way more into competitive multiplayer titles than anything else. Just look at the games in the top 25.

I know the D3 hate brigade is using this as proof that the game is a failure and everything
My bad, I hadn't seen them post this before. Wouldn't have re-linked it. :/

it's not a very good representation of the population considering the Xfire crowd is way more into competitive multiplayer titles than anything else. Just look at the games in the top 25.
I guess that could be a good point. It's all we have for now, however.

No one has posted that here yet but I've been seeing it in other forums along with the usual anti-Blizzard posts with it. Certain people just look for any slightly negative news about the game and then create sensationalist threads about it... really gets annoying after awhile.

It would be interesting if more people posted legitimate reasons why they dislike the game, but so far most of the complaints are flat-out exaggerations.

No one has posted that here yet but I've been seeing it in other forums along with the usual anti-Blizzard posts with it. Certain people just look for any slightly negative news about the game and then create sensationalist threads about it... really gets annoying after awhile.

It would be interesting if more people posted legitimate reasons why they dislike the game, but so far most of the complaints are flat-out exaggerations.

I've thought about it for a while and people are usually on to something. However, they can't articulate it very well. I think it all comes down to predictable progress. Whether through gear or some other system, being able to get more power in a predictable way is what people seem to want. I tend to agree and I have no problem that I want the end game to be more predictable.

People may not think of it out loud because being "predictable" has a negative connotation to it, but it isn't bad in moderation. Right now in D3, you can't say something like "I'm almost there!" at the end-game because there's no steady progress to get to the next "level" or the next determinable piece of gear (uniques/legendaries). When making progress is at the mercy of RNG (current system), people turn to the AH in order to regain that sense of predictable progress. Hence, people feel will feel "forced" to use it.

I got a barbarian with 40khp and 15k dps. lvl 60, act 1 inferno. Where should I farm for moneys?

A1 farming route that I do with my DH

Festering Woods > Northern Highlands and check for Watchtower spawn on left side of map > Leoric Manor > Agony 2 > Jailer > Butcher

51 - 1
52 - 2
53 - 2
54 - 0
55 - 3
56 - 1
57 - 1
58 - 3
59 - 1
60 - 2
61 - 8
62 - 5
63 - 0

Ok, I'm going to jump on the item loot level tracking bandwagon. Two and a half hours, clearing every main area from the beginning of Act 3 to Siegebreaker. Died a lot more than I usually do (around 20). I didn't count the number of elite packs, but I'm going to say there were almost 20. With 29 rare drops, I'd say this is about right.

I didn't get any level 63's (I usually do get them, so was surprised none showed up on 29 rares). I did get a level 63 magic wand with about 750 dps and 400 LOH though. That should be worth at least 6 figures.

Best drop of the run was a level 62 amulet with:

17 minimum damage
327 armor
104 intelligence
76 vitality
11% life

Definitely not my greatest haul.

EDIT: Best find of the night was on the AH trying to sell my wares. Did a search for 80 dex 4% crit chance bracer to see what I could pawn one off for and found that someone was selling a 5% crit chance 97dex 93 int bracer for 8000 gold buyout. I think there are a lot of uninformed players that don't think % crit chance is worth much. Going to try and get 500k for it.

Last edited:
()@#&$*($#%*)W($*&

F-! Sometimes this game makes me want to punch babies. Gdamn spiders in inferno act 2. Fast, arcane enchanted, illusionist, plagued.

I've hit a wall in late act 2 with my tank wd. I have 35k life, 600 all resist, 800 physical resist and 6k armor. I think Loh is only 600ish, though. I think that's really my weak point. Need to find a different weapon with higher loh, maybe rings too.

Too bad Im broke as a joke. We ran through the rnd of act 1 and up to kulle in act 2, and I only made 100k gold after all the deaths.

On topic with people tracking the dropped loot, I thought I would link this. He had 5 stack and a MF set and switched out for the kill on 111 Elites and the results were tabulated in excel.

http://diablo3blog.blogspot.com/2012/06/loot-data-for-111-elite-kills-in-act-3.html

Not bad, but certainly nothing to be wowed at for 11 hrs worth of farming. And to top it all off, look at the lvl 63 chest armor he posted a screen shot of. And I totally agree, I don't think lvl 63 items should be able to roll those kinds of bad modifiers. At least make it mandatory that it has to roll with like a min main attribute or something.

I've hit a wall in late act 2 with my tank wd. I have 35k life, 600 all resist, 800 physical resist and 6k armor. I think Loh is only 600ish, though. I think that's really my weak point. Need to find a different weapon with higher loh, maybe rings too.

Too bad Im broke as a joke. We ran through the rnd of act 1 and up to kulle in act 2, and I only made 100k gold after all the deaths.

The only things that should kill you as a range class are fast/teleport style mobs. In SC mode, it should be fairly cheap to get to 800ar, 45K hp, and 30k+ dps. I dominate Act 2 with those stats. I die occasionally, usually to tough mobs with previously mentioned affixes.

I'm playing a wizard, and I can basically just stand and tank a lot of the stuff in act 2. If I had any regen or LOH,it would be easy mode.

Festering Woods - small area with lots of mobs to build NV stacks. Both side dungeons have a guaranteed elite, 2-3 random champion/elite mobs, 1 more from the Last Stand event if it spawns
Northern Highlands - run northwest from WP to find the Watch Tower side dungeon by the edge of the cliff. 1-3 mobs
Cemetery of the Forsaken - occasionally spawns elite in the cemetery itself, 2-3 more mobs in the side dungeons too, and the Jar of Souls / Matriarch's Bones event also has extra drops.
Old Ruins - check for the cellar spawn (occasionally has a goblin) and Sarkoth further west outside
Leoric's Manor - occasional purple mob or elite pack spawn, lots of trash mobs for gold, plus a guaranteed pack of Cultists in the courtyard outside the front entrance
Cursed Hold - 2 guaranteed mobs (1 champion, 1 elite), plus Warden. Then head down to kill Butcher.

Start this via the Imprisoned Angel - Cursed Hold quest.

edit: This is if you want the loot drops from elites. If you just want gold and idiot proof games, probably best to farm Arreat Core on a lower difficulty.

()@#&$*($#%*)W($*&

F-! Sometimes this game makes me want to punch babies. Gdamn spiders in inferno act 2. Fast, arcane enchanted, illusionist, plagued.
Ran into a pack of leapers with Fast/Firechains/Extrahealth/Molten once. Also another pack of minions with Molten/Plagued/Firechains/Vortex. They absolutely eat any ranged class for breakfast.

Last edited:
On topic with people tracking the dropped loot, I thought I would link this. He had 5 stack and a MF set and switched out for the kill on 111 Elites and the results were tabulated in excel.

http://diablo3blog.blogspot.com/2012/06/loot-data-for-111-elite-kills-in-act-3.html

Not bad, but certainly nothing to be wowed at for 11 hrs worth of farming. And to top it all off, look at the lvl 63 chest armor he posted a screen shot of. And I totally agree, I don't think lvl 63 items should be able to roll those kinds of bad modifiers. At least make it mandatory that it has to roll with like a min main attribute or something.

232 rares in 11 hours is really poor farming to begin with. When I play SC, I clear all of Act 2 in a couple hours and get 70-80 rares. And no, ilvl 63 should be no different than any other items. You don't even need ilvl 63 items to clear through act 3 reliably.

It sucks sometimes, but getting that one awesome item makes it worth it. I hope they change nothing.

232 rares in 11 hours is really poor farming to begin with. When I play SC, I clear all of Act 2 in a couple hours and get 70-80 rares. And no, ilvl 63 should be no different than any other items. You don't even need ilvl 63 items to clear through act 3 reliably.

It sucks sometimes, but getting that one awesome item makes it worth it. I hope they change nothing.

Not to flame on you or anything, but did you really have to pick the one thing in the story and focus in on it. I mean, deduce a little bit or try reading it if you're going to comment. He obviously took breaks, stopped after each kill to screen shot EVERY item and then catergorize them (obviously inventory is so big). So his time doing his study is really irrelevant to how long it takes you to farm that many rares. He wasn't concerned about time. If the goal was to see how long it took to get 232 rares, I'm sure he could've done it in much less time.

If anyone needs any help in Inferno PM me as while I'm pretty average at this game, I've cleared Inferno solo.

For making gold, really the most efficient method is just to play the auction hall (which is kinda sad). You can easily make a few million gold profit per day by reselling mis-priced items depending on how much time/effort you put in.

It sucks sometimes, but getting that one awesome item makes it worth it.

No it doesn't. The AH has taken all fun from the game. I can spend 8 hours gold farming/AH gaming and make enough to buy 1 great piece of armor than the 48 hours or so it takes to get a decent drop.

The only things that should kill you as a range class are fast/teleport style mobs. In SC mode, it should be fairly cheap to get to 800ar, 45K hp, and 30k+ dps. I dominate Act 2 with those stats. I die occasionally, usually to tough mobs with previously mentioned affixes.

I'm playing a wizard, and I can basically just stand and tank a lot of the stuff in act 2. If I had any regen or LOH,it would be easy mode.

Uh. What do you consider cheap?

No it doesn't. The AH has taken all fun from the game. I can spend 8 hours gold farming/AH gaming and make enough to buy 1 great piece of armor than the 48 hours or so it takes to get a decent drop.

If that were true on a large scale then price would go up, no?

The economy balances itself out in that respect. If you generate more net worth farming gold then prices will simply go up. If you generate more net worth by farming items, prices will go down making gold farming more attractive.

Was glancing at the Path of Exile thread and saw this post. Wanted to share with you'll a different developer's ideas and solution to the problem of replay value in a "Hack n' Slash". Thank Amaroth; not me.

Sounds like a solid end game mechanic. I wonder how random maps will be though. Sounds better than D3's current option.

http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2012-06-26/dev-diary-maps

And this isn't a diss on D3; but a lot of the guys that played D2 until the moment D3 was released quit because they didn't see eye to eye with Blizzard's new vision of Diablo. I know my entire friend's list in D3 and all my family members that purchased it have all quit. Eight buddies from WoW quit soon after the game came out. They were hardcore D2 players and were pissed about how D3 turned out. My three nephews didn't last two weeks due to boredom and only one killed Diablo on Normal. I can't convince them to play for one minute and they love this genre although they never played D2. All three nephews voiced the same opinion of D3 Normal; "Why make me play this shit on such an easy mode that I can't die ever? Uncle there isn't a challenge here at all! Then you want me to play for hours bored to death so I can do it again on a slightly more difficult level? So I can finally maybe get to a challenging skill level? Retarded!" That was their sentiments on the game as a whole.

Maybe "thinking outside of the box" would have kept them playing D3. Or maybe they are just maturing into other genres? Trying to get my nephews into the DOTA 2 beta and my WoW buddies all went back to LoL.

Last edited:
Was glancing at the Path of Exile thread and saw this post. Wanted to share with you'll a different developer's ideas and solution to the problem of replay value in a "Hack n' Slash". Thank Amaroth; not me.

Care to paraphrase what the link is all about? Can't open it at work :/

End game lootable maps that open unique instances, with zone modifiers that you can manipulate with orbs. The way it is being implemented is simply awesome.

I highlighted a section in red. I think this applies to D3 the most! Also there are pictures on the Path of Exile page that I didn't link to. So if something looks like it is missing it's because it references a picture more than likely.
Here it is.

In the upcoming 0.9.11 patch, we’re revamping Path of Exile’s end-game to introduce a new system known as Maps. Players in high level areas can find Map items that allow them to travel to random end-game areas featuring bosses, awesome equipment and more Maps.

Maps can drop as normal, magic, rare or unique with higher rarity Maps yielding more items. Using a Map item opens six portals to the area, which can each only be used once. Like most other items in Path of Exile, Maps have mods that change their risks and rewards. Map mods can affect the size or complexity of the level, monster packs, monster properties or even alter characters while in the level. Players can modify Maps themselves using their currency items. For example, you can use an Orb of Transmutation to turn a normal Map into a magic Map, or use an Orb of Alteration to reroll its mods.

We’re sure the result is a highly replayable, challenging and varied end-game that will make Path of Exile fun for a long time to come. This development diary describes the design process of this system and how it works.

Itemisation

Action RPGs are about items. There’s nothing more rewarding than finding or trading for a new game item and getting to reap its rewards. We take this itemisation very seriously - whenever we’re faced with a new system to design, the first question we ask is “How can we put this on an item?”

Having Maps as physical items that have to be found or traded for is the backbone of having a very replayable end-game. There are already plenty of static tasks that high level players can do in Path of Exile, such as boss runs or farming exploitable content. Map areas have a large range of random properties and rewards, so representing them as tradeable items adds a whole new dimension to both the game economy and opportunities available for high level players.

How Maps Work

In 0.9.11 there is no Maelstrom of Chaos. When you complete the (temporary) end of the Beta by finishing Act Two of Merciless difficulty, you will instead be given a waypoint to the Eternal Laboratory. This is an area that you will eventually find in Act Three, but we’re granting access to a temporary equivalent earlier so that Maps can be tested.

In the Eternal Laboratory is a device that allows you to use a Map. The Map is consumed and six portals are created that can be used to travel to the area it represents. The portals close as they are used by players. A party of six players can only enter the Map once and can only leave with six inventories full of items. A smaller group of players will have some portals spare to carry additional items out of the area or re-enter if they die. Players may choose to play alone if they want to use all six portals to complete the area.

When players enter their Map, they appear near a portal at the beginning. If they use a Portal scroll while in the area, it moves the starting portal to where they are standing. This means that when they re-enter the Map via the Eternal Laboratory (where they consume one of the available portals), they will be at the new portal location, as opposed to the initial portal location. This is convenient for bringing friends in to help with the challenges of the area.

Map Affixes
The most exciting part of the system is that Maps can get mods that alter their properties. Maps of all rarities (normal, magic, rare and unique) can spawn, each with their own characteristics.

In general, mods increase the challenge of the Map. We do not intend to have any mods that make a Map easier to play. This means that most mods are generally drawbacks and need to have some additional reward to compensate players. Each mod has a specific bonus that it adds to the item drop rate of monsters and chests in that Map.

We balance these bonuses so that harder mods result in higher rewards. The overall item drop bonus is listed at the top of the Map item. This value includes the bonus from the Map’s mods and from its quality.
Some Map mods affect the random generation of the level itself by changing parameters such as its size or how maze-like a dungeon is. They can also modify the types of monster packs present in the level, for example adding a totem to each one or forcing all packs to only consist of various types of skeletons.

There are a variety of mods that change monster properties. For example, adding high resistance to one element, preventing them from being stunned, or causing them to gain frenzy charges periodically.

Many of the Map mods alter characters while they are in the level. For example, reducing their maximum resistances, cursing them with the Vulnerability curse, putting them under the effects of the Blood Magic keystone, or preventing their life and mana from regenerating. This mod causes the Map to spawn with large patches of fire on the ground

Currency Use on Maps
All of our existing currency items work on Maps in obvious ways. If you get a normal Map and you’d like to make it more difficult, you can use an Orb of Transmutation to turn it into a magic Map. If you are unhappy with its mods, you can use an Orb of Alteration to reroll them. The same is true for creating rare Maps using Orb of Alchemy and other similar currency items.

Because some mods can be easily overcome with specific build choices (if all monsters have increased fire resistance, don’t bring a fire character), we expect players to reroll or trade for Maps until they find ones that are easier for them to handle with their characters. Clever players will create builds that can reap the increased rewards of certain Map mods while not suffering from the increase of difficulty.

Base Types

Like any other type of item, a Map has a base type. Each type represents a world area, such as a Dried Lake or Crypt. The base type also has a level, which is the monster/chest level of the area that will be spawned. In the first iteration of this system, there are 45 such world areas laid out between levels 60 and 69 inclusive (with a skew towards lower level areas currently). At least in this initial Beta implementation, tilesets are occasionally repeated at higher levels.

Point of Interest: Unique Bosses

In addition to chests and packs of random monsters, each Map is inhabited by a Unique boss monster. These monsters are very difficult and drop an increased quantity of items. Each Map base type has a consistent boss monster, so players are able to plan their build around the type of Map they’re running. For example, if the Overgrown Ruin Maps have a boss that uses Lightning Strike, then players know they need to bring a lot of lightning resistance to defeat it. We expect that players will share information about what Unique boss they find in each Map level in the same way that they assembled a list of vendor recipes and Unique items.

Where Maps Come From

You can find Maps by playing in high level areas. In 0.9.11, they drop from level 60+ monsters (i.e. the end of Merciless Act Two), so players who do runs of the Act Two boss will find level 60 Maps occasionally. Maps can also be dropped by any monsters or chests inside a Map, as those monsters are all level 60 or above. Once we add Act Three (and remove the fourth difficulty level), we will change the Map levels so that they drop around the level of the Act Three boss in the final difficulty.

Just like the rest of the game, most of the monsters in a Map level are normal monsters that are the level of the area. Magic and Rare monsters are one and two levels higher respectively, which means that they can drop slightly higher level Maps. For example, if you’re playing a level 62 Map, it’s possible to find level 60-62 Maps from normal monsters and level 60-64 Maps from rare monsters.

Map Drops

Maps will not always yield another Map to play. On average, players will not have a constant supply of Maps unless they trade for more or do end-game boss runs to try to find another when they run out. This is the same philosophy as any other end-game item (players are always pretty low on 200% damage weapons), and is necessary to help keep Maps rewarding and valuable.

We want it to be difficult to obtain the higher tiers of Maps. If players complete several Maps successfully and are lucky with Map drops, they can obtain Maps that are potentially too high level for them to complete. It’s reasonable for them to chose to trade these Maps to more advanced players who are able to handle that content.

Like the rest of the game, having multiple players in an area increases the drop rate of items and the experience that monsters yield (while making them more challenging). Under the new system, there is an exception: the drop rate of the Map items themselves is not increased by the additional players (all other items drops in the area are still increased, of course). A Map has the same chance of yielding other Maps regardless of how many players are in it. This is because a single Map item can be used by a whole party, unlike other items that can only be used by one player. The item quantity bonus that a Map has (due to its Mods) will affect the drop rate of Map items within that Map.

Quality

In Path of Exile armour, weapons, skill gems and flasks have a quality value in the range of 0-20% that improves their performance. Players can increase this using various currency items. Because the additional quality comes with no drawback, it’s a goal that players can complete to incrementally improve their items. Maps also have a quality value, which causes them to yield more items. A Map’s quality is applied as a percentage increase to the drop rate of monsters and chests on that map. Quality can be added to Maps using the Cartographer’s Chisel currency item.

Unique Maps
Like most other items in the game, Maps can be Unique. These Maps don’t go to a random area with random mods, but to a specific area that we have designed with a set of properties that make it interesting (the layout itself is still randomised). We generally design these areas to be rewarding to explore - because they’re so rare, it’s important that whoever decides to cash them in receives a decent haul of items in return.

We've included one Unique Map in 0.9.11 as an example and will add dozens more as development progresses. Rumour has it that the Vaults of Atziri contain great treasures for those lucky enough to find them.

We plan to use Unique Maps as a way of creating interesting areas that might be confusing or overplayed if they were in the core game. The words “Crazy Teleporter Level” and “Temple of Kuduku” were uttered in a Map design session earlier this week.

History of Path of Exile’s End-Game

Action RPGs typically have three difficulty levels. The player plays through the game several times using the same character, with the challenge ramping up each time. Right back at the start of the project, we thought it would be a great idea to add a fourth difficulty level that was really challenging so that players would have something to aim to beat.

When we tested this, we found that players reacted really badly to a sudden brick wall of difficult content that they were unable to progress in. We tried changing it to a steady ramp of difficulty, but then players found isolated areas where the monster AI was more abusable and farmed those with specific builds to get rewards with little risk.

When trying to solve this, we realised that the fourth difficulty level was only necessary until we added Act Three, at which point we’d reduce it back to three difficulty levels so that we’re not forcing the player to play through the same static content four times back-to-back. Our temporary solution, a month or so before entering Closed Beta last year, was to introduce the Maelstrom of Chaos areas. These were a sequence of random areas (using tilesets from all over the game) with completely random monster packs. Players gained access to it when they finished the final difficulty and could play through a series of levels that gradually ramped in difficulty.

The Maelstrom helped the situation, but players would still travel to areas that were too hard for them and complain that they weren’t able to kill monsters. We eventually flattened all the Maelstrom areas to be the same level, just ramping in density of bosses. By that time we had decided we needed a new, better mechanic for access to end-game areas. Maps will replace the Maelstrom in 0.9.11.

Variable Difficulty

An expected consequence of the amount of customisation that Path of Exile offers is that characters can differ in power by large amounts. Players abusing whatever the current broken skill is with a clever synergistic passive build, godly rare items and high-quality Skill Gems are able to handle triple the challenge of other players.

Our end-game has to cater to both groups of players. Both regular and power players need to be challenged in different ways, so that they feel the need to continue to improve their characters. Our Map system allows players to pick the difficulty that they encounter. As you’ve seen in this article, players can create and obtain harder versions of Maps that offer more challenges and more rewards.

Non-Map End Game

Of course, Maps aren’t the only thing to do in Path of Exile’s end-game. There are plenty of other exciting options for high level players:

Boss runs (the Act Two boss is being added in 0.9.11 as well)
Farming high monster density areas for items (like the Fellshrine Ruins)
PvP (arenas are coming in 0.9.12)
Playing special league events (we run these weekly but are ramping them up as we approach Open Beta)
Trading/economy
Twinking alternate characters
Guild events (in Open Beta or Release)

We’re really pleased with the new Map system. In testing it has been rewarding to play and adds more replayability and strategy to the end game. We’re eager to hear your feedback after you’ve had a chance to play it in 0.9.11. If you haven’t created a Path of Exile account yet, please sign up here. If you’d like access to the Closed Beta before the game enters Open Beta, please purchase a supporter pack here.

Last edited:
End game lootable maps that open unique instances, with zone modifiers that you can manipulate with orbs. The way it is being implemented is simply awesome.

Yes you can trade maps with other players so you can get a map to your liking. Say you kill a level 62 boss as a level 60 fire mage and get a level 64 map that is legendary. But the map specifies that the mobs have 30% resistance to fire. Well you know that you're not going to stand a chance in there at level 60. So you trade it to a guy that can conquer that map for say a map that you can handle. Or invite 5 other buddies along that can help you along.

Another example is that you can use modifiers on the maps to increase loot quality and drop rate. That gives those items used to do so intrinsic value. So maybe you can trade those items for a map?

Anyways it makes the end game much more fun than D3's current implementation. All of us here in this thread like grinding games or we wouldn't have purchased D3 or PoE. Having more things to do and more areas to see is always good in these type games!

*Sorry if my English isn't decent today. Nephew is playing games through his speakers in my room and Wayne Brady is about to choke a b*tch if he doesn't turn it down soon.* :)

I was up 50 bucks in the Auction House.....But for some reason I just needed Zunimassa's Journey and Zunimassa's Plague..... So now I'm down 20.

I wish I could use gold for these but at 5 million and 9 million I just don't have the coin.

boosted my DPS 2000 points.

I was up 50 bucks in the Auction House.....But for some reason I just needed Zunimassa's Journey and Zunimassa's Plague..... So now I'm down 20.

I wish I could use gold for these but at 5 million and 9 million I just don't have the coin.

boosted my DPS 2000 points.

Don't feel bad it's just another tool to gear up with. Now if you hadn't sold anything in the RMAH and were spending your real money I'd still say it's your choice on how you want to spend your game time allotment. I might try selling a few items on there soon so I can get whatever expansions they have planned for free even though I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep playing solo.

I made over 500k in sold items just from an A1 Inferno start to Skeleton King run yesterday, plus 120k in gold drops. Nothing I could use dropped, but there were a good 3 useful items, plus a 65 resist all belt with cold resist, too.

If that were true on a large scale then price would go up, no?

The economy balances itself out in that respect. If you generate more net worth farming gold then prices will simply go up. If you generate more net worth by farming items, prices will go down making gold farming more attractive.

It is going up, big time. With the introdocution of the RMAH the value of gold has dropped significantly. At it's peak gold was going for $20/1mil now it's $2/1mil. Gear prices have also gone up on the AH. Everything is slowly becoming more expensive because people have figured out. Gear is just not worth grinding for.

Gear is just not worth grinding for.

If this is the case, then what is the point of playing this game. That is what a ARPG (Diablo for sure) is all about.

If the game becomes a RMAH grind then the economy will dry up. The people trying to sell will not have the buyers, as what is the point?

Blizzard should have just allowed people to buy gold directly from them for a ratio to control the GAH economy.

I was so looking forward to this game, I am at lvl 47 and have no inspiration to keep playing based on what everyone is saying. My time isn't worth what I could sell items for on the RMAH. I have a better chance at winning the lotto then finding an item that sells for a decent price.

Got my wizard to 60 last night, immediately dumped all the gear from my 60 witch doctor onto him instead. 35% crit, I'm using that crazy wizard build around Critical Mass and Deep Cuts/Explosion/Frost Nova/Time Warp/Diamond Skin and its hilarious and fun as hell. You just run in and start exploding, all the cooldowns finish quickly.

It is going up, big time. With the introdocution of the RMAH the value of gold has dropped significantly. At it's peak gold was going for $20/1mil now it's $2/1mil. Gear prices have also gone up on the AH. Everything is slowly becoming more expensive because people have figured out. Gear is just not worth grinding for.

I mean, you can make generalizations like that but you have to take a step back and analyze it on a larger scale.

Clearly if everyone simply bought items through RMAH (and didn't farm) or just grinded gold (without grinding gear), prices would increase incredibly for actual gear since gear supply would be incredibly low. Thus, it would be beneficial to grind gear again since gear is now worth a butt load (real $$ or otherwise).

You say that the value of gold has dropped significantly yet simultaneously say it's better to farm gold... which is it? Gold that holds less value is not worthwhile to farm, get it? A lot of conflicting statements here.

Got my wizard to 60 last night, immediately dumped all the gear from my 60 witch doctor onto him instead. 35% crit, I'm using that crazy wizard build around Critical Mass and Deep Cuts/Explosion/Frost Nova/Time Warp/Diamond Skin and its hilarious and fun as hell. You just run in and start exploding, all the cooldowns finish quickly.

rofl 35% crit... thats insane

Back