Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I have to say my WD moves pretty fast with the passive. Out of combat movement is like 48% or something...

DH is probably fastest.
Monk with tempest rush and dashing strike is probably second
Barb Third

Gear can also play a part. Having the bracers that increase movement speed makes a massive difference. I havent seen a DH that could keep up with my speed.

This is my speed monk split bounty build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Deliverer-1886/hero/3898179

Unlimied spirit for nonstop tempest rush at constatn 60% increased movement speed.
Dashing increases movement speed
Killing things increases movement speed
Long lasting sweeping wind kills a lot of things and breaks everything.
Mystic ally to chase things down + increased spirit regen.
Wave of light to single shot

Which is the fastest class to clear split bounties? Barb with sprint?

I prefer Crusader myself, and with the right setup it's ridiculously quick.

I have a Swiftmount, basically I have 100% horse uptime while traveling around. I raced a DH once to Leroic, and there was no way she could keep up.

While doing the runs I just switch to Darklight build, so there are no compromises in terms of damage. The only thing that gets changed is my weapon.

---

I had some fun last night doing a Crusader Lootshare run with some other people for something like 6 hours. We enjoyed messing with RiFers who came into our game. I tried to get KaptainKhaos to come in to see it before we melted it all down, but he couldn't be bothered lol.

Screen+Shot+2014-06-19+at+3.56.37+AM.png

This also could bring me to other commentary. 2H Flail drops are waaaaaay too low. After 6 hours, between 3 Crusaders, we only saw 1 The Mortal Drama drop. Meanwhile I got every other 2 hander under the sun. And I personally got 3 Darklights. THREE. That isn't a joke. We also got basically every Akkhan set piece 2-3 times. Gloves I know we got 3, 2 helms, 1 chest, 2 shoulders, and 2 Boots. Mysteriously no pants (3 Blackthorne's though, go figure).

I've been farming for 2 weeks for a FotF with CDR and I can't get one. I've also dumped over 70k shards into this endeavor without even seeing an FotF (let alone a bad one with bad stats). I'm not suggesting these things should drop like candy, but it seems to me it's easier to get basically any other endgame class specific wep (outside of Kridershot and SMK) than it is to get a 2H Flail.

Last edited:
I would probably cry if I got disconnected from game during that screenshot. jeebus.

If that happened to me honestly, it wouldn't matter. Everything on the ground is all stuff no one needed in the first place (even including some Akkhan set pieces, Darklights, etc). And I don't need the mats either. I'm starting my second stack of Forgotten Souls... and if you don't know how much they stack to, it's 1000. I think I'm somewhere in the vicinity of 1200 Forgotten Souls.

If you play the same character long enough, eventually you just stop needing to make/reroll/etc things. Mats just pile up if you keep collecting them. Then it just stops mattering. I've got over 7000 Veiled Crystals to further illustrate my point.

Last edited:
I prefer Crusader myself, and with the right setup it's ridiculously quick.

I have a Swiftmount, basically I have 100% horse uptime while traveling around. I raced a DH once to Leroic, and there was no way she could keep up.

While doing the runs I just switch to Darklight build, so there are no compromises in terms of damage. The only thing that gets changed is my weapon.

---

I had some fun last night doing a Crusader Lootshare run with some other people for something like 6 hours. We enjoyed messing with RiFers who came into our game. I tried to get KaptainKhaos to come in to see it before we melted it all down, but he couldn't be bothered lol.

Screen+Shot+2014-06-19+at+3.56.37+AM.png

This also could bring me to other commentary. 2H Flail drops are waaaaaay too low. After 6 hours, between 3 Crusaders, we only saw 1 The Mortal Drama drop. Meanwhile I got every other 2 hander under the sun. And I personally got 3 Darklights. THREE. That isn't a joke. We also got basically every Akkhan set piece 2-3 times. Gloves I know we got 3, 2 helms, 1 chest, 2 shoulders, and 2 Boots. Mysteriously no pants (3 Blackthorne's though, go figure).

I've been farming for 2 weeks for a FotF with CDR and I can't get one. I've also dumped over 70k shards into this endeavor without even seeing an FotF (let alone a bad one with bad stats). I'm not suggesting these things should drop like candy, but it seems to me it's easier to get basically any other endgame class specific wep (outside of Kridershot and SMK) than it is to get a 2H Flail.

Jesus you seriously need to get out of your room sometime.

How much health and toughness do you actually need? As I look at some of your characters, I see some with 120k health and a tad over a million toughness. Is that enough for the torment levels?

My DH is 460k health and 4.6million toughness and 840K damage (damage is 1.1million with the paragon stuff added) and I was having problems in T2 with a buddy.
my Crusader is 480k health, 9 million toughness and 355k damage and T2 solo is slow going, I can take some hits but it takes awhile to kill stuff.
I tried T6 solo with some of my characters but they couldn't take any hits and my hits didn't do anything.

How much health and toughness do you actually need? As I look at some of your characters, I see some with 120k health and a tad over a million toughness. Is that enough for the torment levels?

My DH is 460k health and 4.6million toughness and 840K damage (damage is 1.1million with the paragon stuff added) and I was having problems in T2 with a buddy.
my Crusader is 480k health, 9 million toughness and 355k damage and T2 solo is slow going, I can take some hits but it takes awhile to kill stuff.
I tried T6 solo with some of my characters but they couldn't take any hits and my hits didn't do anything.

Each class is different.

Right now Crusader I'd say is my main. Crusader for certain builds requires a lot of toughness, some others it doesn't. The other part is that the sheets you see don't account for a lot of things that are active in game.

So, if you look at my Crusader in game, she only has something like 6.9M toughness, but with Akarat's Champion - Prophecy, she's over 13M. With my load-out, Champion uptime is near 100%. Certain passives also help with my staying alive. Wrathful as an example gives me over 800HP for each point of wrath spent. My build doesn't use a "primary" attack. It's all 100% wrath spenders, meaning the amount of life that I gain while in combat is enormous. Would it be nice to have more toughness? Sure, but where I am at in game with my Crusader is all about exchanging toughness for damage. I've given up a stat on 3 pieces of gear that would normally be a toughness stat for damage (Heaven's Fury damage to be specific on shoulders, chest, and shield). At one point my Crusader had 18M toughness with Champion up. She was virtually un-killable at that point. Which felt great, but of course my damage now is significantly better.

Attack on the other hand is decent with 1.2M sheet DPS. However, the real tale is found on DiabloProgress, in which it shows that I pump out nearly 1.6M Elemental Elite DPS. This is also combined with the fact that my attack has 3 spikes, each of them capable of hitting the same target (if I'm close enough, and this build played properly is). It's not unusual then to be hitting enemies for 120M per attack (when counting all three beams).

Darklight works similarly in that the sheet DPS doesn't look like much, but when accounting for things like Firestarter damage ticks, and the fact that 50% or more of your attacks should be double (due to Darklight's special ability) it's multiplicative.

---

I also have a lot of knowledge about WD's. Toughness for Pet build doesn't need to be that high as you keep enemies away from you via pets. Pets are the buffer between you and everything else. So long as you pay attention and don't stand in stuff. 6M Toughness is sufficient. More of course is nice, but not necessary.

WD doesn't really need that much sheet DPS either. I would say my Pet WD doesn't require a lot of sheet DPS, as it's all about how many minions are up and stomping, meaning that elemental damage and elite damage take high precidence. With T&T, they attack double quick. With Mask of Jeram, each attack of each Fetish is 280% weapon damage (and you can have 15 of them. 4200% weapon damage anyone? This is why pet build is so strong.).

The same can be said for Jade Harvester build. Although I would say toughness is more important in this build as the primary attack (Soul Harvester) is melee range. Still damage can be mitigated with Zombie Dogs - Life Link, in which the dogs receive 10% of the damage dealt to you the player. So there is 'hidden' mitigation that the sheet doesn't show. Also the damage on the JH build is enormous, which you wouldn't see on the normal sheet. Diablo Progress shows her at nearly 2M Elemental Elite DPS.

---

So, what is your takeaway? Well the key comes from knowing your class and knowing how your class deals with receiving damage, and what sort of multiplicative effects it has for dealing damage. DH has a lot of trouble in this regard. It doesn't have any sort of multi-hit attack, DoT, etc. DH then has to have more sheet DPS and deal more, what I refer to as, straight damage. It also doesn't have many forms of 'hidden' mitigation. Marauder set does spawn followers which helps, as does Ashera's in the short term. There is also the option to use the Wolf Companion to soak up damage and keep mobs away from the player. High level DH's have access to 6 pcs Marauder which also makes Sentry a strong multiplicative damage dealing (as you can have more than one up at a time), doubling your damage with each sentry.

Wizard also is a straight damage class. But it does have ways of gaining toughness such as using Energy Armor - Pinpoint Barrier/Prismatic Armor that don't show up the sheet. It also does have some skills to increase damage such as Magic Weapon. Still, if I'm honest, I would say Wizard has the hardest time ramping up difficulty, because it doesn't have a way to stack damage. Unless you're using something like Wand of WoH. It wasn't always this way though. Back in classic, CM Wizard could stack tornados on a frozen mob while hitting them with explosions. Now it's all just beam attacks.

Another thing to note, is that VIT is nearly useless for increasing actual toughness. It inflates the sheet, but doesn't make you any better at taking hits. My Crusader is an example of what I would call 'correct' point allocation on gear. My shoulders as an example have AR on them instead of VIT. I prioritized AR over VIT in any case in which I had to make a choice. This means I have "only" 280k HP, but with Champion up, that 13M toughness is straight mitigation. It also means my life-regen is much stronger and more useful. Gaining 8k life per tick is more meaningful with a smaller pool, and each point of health received is a significant amount of damage more that I will have to receive in order to get killed. Basically the only times I die now with my Crusader is when Champion falls off and I'm in an inopportune place (which is player error, meaning that I'm not paying attention).

300k HP is all you really need, if you have more than that, I would highly suggest trading some VIT for AR as you get other pieces that allow you to do so.

Last edited:
Ok. I was so stuck with adding VIT and DEX to my DH because I thought that would be the best way to live longer.
I guess I'll start swapping VIT for AR and go for a bit more toughness.

I did play around with AR on my monk one afternoon, had 1200+ resist on everything and she was extremely durable but did not have much damage, I could take a beating but it just took so long to kill something.

DH is was the first character I ever played and is my favorite to use.
Caltrops and Sentries are my main tools I use and I love the ability to drop 4 sentries shooting rockets at enemies while I just run around in circles keeping the enemies in range of the sentries.

Oh, and I really appreciate the info and tips.

Ok. I was so stuck with adding VIT and DEX to my DH because I thought that would be the best way to live longer.
I guess I'll start swapping VIT for AR and go for a bit more toughness.

I did play around with AR on my monk one afternoon, had 1200+ resist on everything and she was extremely durable but did not have much damage, I could take a beating but it just took so long to kill something.

DH is was the first character I ever played and is my favorite to use.
Caltrops and Sentries are my main tools I use and I love the ability to drop 4 sentries shooting rockets at enemies while I just run around in circles keeping the enemies in range of the sentries.

Oh, and I really appreciate the info and tips.

I don't know too much about DH and Monk anymore. Classic I had a much stronger knowledge of builds and skills. But the biggest tip I can give anyone that wants to ramp up in this game is to look at every T6 player/build for your class and see what they are running. Find out why their build works.

Then simply get as many shards as possible and dump them into pieces until you get what you need to be where they are. Most classes in this game to be top tier need 4 or 6 pc sets for their set bonuses. Most builds require RoRG. Most builds require SoJ or some other equally strong ring. Most builds require a specific weapon to operate optimally.

If you don't know where you're headed, how will you ever get there? There is no shame in stealing someone else's setup and learning why they are where they are.

The only addendum I can add is that most classes have more than one T6 viable build. Find out which build you like the most, and work towards that. Believe it or not, before I even started playing Crusader, I knew I wanted to build Holy Shotgun (Harkamus will verify this). I knew where I was going, and I knew each piece I would have to get to get there. It drastically simplified my path and made it really quick/obvious if a piece of gear was worth keeping or not.

---

As for tips for getting gear? Come to our bounty runs this Friday. Get a bunch of Frags and your RoRG. Use the frags to RiF as much as possible. When your shards get low and you don't feel like farming more, get into a lootshare game.

What is a lootshare game? It's a game in which three of the players are the same class (including you). So if you're a DH, go run with other DH's. If a piece of gear drops that they don't need, they can give it to you. Or likewise you can give gear to them. It expands the amount of gear you can get in a game by a factor of 3. So what do you do with the fourth place? Invite someone in when you kill the RG, and get them to reopen it for you from the Rift it Forward (RiF) community.

This is what I was doing in that screenshot above with all the legendaries on the ground. I was playing with 2 other Crusaders and we passed loot to each other if we didn't need it. Basically these are shortcuts to getting to where you want to go faster. How do you find people to lootshare with? Search in the communities section. Crusaders as an example have a community that's called, guess what: "Crusaders". There is a similar community for each class. Inside people are setting up loot share games all the time. Either build your own, or join someone else's when they post that they're looking for more players. Be considerate when you do this though. Don't try and join a game with a higher difficulty level than you can handle. It's a good way to get people upset with you.

Final tip, know the pieces of transition gear that will help you increase difficulty faster. Most classes can use Aughild's set for it's defense and offense as an inexpensive way to gear up more quickly. There are other useful sets such as Captains, Born's, and Ashera's that give useful set bonuses and help move up to higher difficulties more quickly. This means you'll have to farm mats and all that kind of stuff, but these should be the things you put into practice anyway. That means every legendary can be an upgrade (because you can melt it down and the forgotten soul to make set items).

If that happened to me honestly, it wouldn't matter. Everything on the ground is all stuff no one needed in the first place (even including some Akkhan set pieces, Darklights, etc). And I don't need the mats either. I'm starting my second stack of Forgotten Souls... and if you don't know how much they stack to, it's 1000. I think I'm somewhere in the vicinity of 1200 Forgotten Souls.

If you play the same character long enough, eventually you just stop needing to make/reroll/etc things. Mats just pile up if you keep collecting them. Then it just stops mattering. I've got over 7000 Veiled Crystals to further illustrate my point.

I currently have 0 souls and under 200 veiled crystals. Oh how I hate the ability to trade being taken away for leg/mat items.

The only addendum I can add is that most classes have more than one T6 viable build. Find out which build you like the most, and work towards that. Believe it or not, before I even started playing Crusader, I knew I wanted to build Holy Shotgun (Harkamus will verify this). I knew where I was going, and I knew each piece I would have to get to get there.

He wanted to do shotgun build back when I had the gear to do it but was running fire starter with Darklight. I run shotgun too but more defensively. He dies more than me. :p

Anyway, my PC took a dirt nap. It's dead. Ordering parts as we speak. Full rebuild. i7 3.2, ssd, 16 GB ddr3, 770 or 280x.

My 460gtx and e8400 on a 5400rpm HD decided to die a few days ago.

He wanted to do shotgun build back when I had the gear to do it but was running fire starter with Darklight. I run shotgun too but more defensively. He dies more than me. :p

Anyway, my PC took a dirt nap. It's dead. Ordering parts as we speak. Full rebuild. i7 3.2, ssd, 16 GB ddr3, 770 or 280x.

My 460gtx and e8400 on a 5400rpm HD decided to die a few days ago.

Maybe I never talked to you about it. The reason I started playing Crusader in the first place was I saw what a Shotgun build did while I was playing WD. That's when I wanted that.

Also, I don't die that much anymore. Only when doing player error basically. But I'm sensing some form of jealousy. :eek:

Sorry to hear about your machine. Wondered why I hadn't seen you on. Just thought you were burned out or something.

Last edited:
Gear can also play a part. Having the bracers that increase movement speed makes a massive difference. I havent seen a DH that could keep up with my speed.

You ever played with a Danetta's DH? I don't play my DH anymore but I could do 2-3 bounties in the times it took another class to do 1.

hoping to run some tonight, id really like to get my damn akkhan boots or gloves for the 6 pc bonus

So I just tried torment 1 solo last night. I did well on bosses and trash mobs but certain elite builds just worked me over good. Specifically the electrical, plagued, molten & life link elites. Took forever to kill them and died a couple times on certain ones but for the most part I could clear act 1 and 2 bounties in an hour.

I'm farther behind than the guild now. Lvl 70 p26 so should I stick to master or just public split runs? I don't want to hold people back which is why I don't do the public split runs since I only ran those the other night with indie snob but he is up to t2 now and I know I'd just be dead weight at those difficulties.

Just don't really know the best way to catch up or get better gear. Climber is my Diablo name I think.

So I just tried torment 1 solo last night. I did well on bosses and trash mobs but certain elite builds just worked me over good. Specifically the electrical, plagued, molten & life link elites. Took forever to kill them and died a couple times on certain ones but for the most part I could clear act 1 and 2 bounties in an hour.

I'm farther behind than the guild now. Lvl 70 p26 so should I stick to master or just public split runs? I don't want to hold people back which is why I don't do the public split runs since I only ran those the other night with indie snob but he is up to t2 now and I know I'd just be dead weight at those difficulties.

Just don't really know the best way to catch up or get better gear. Climber is my Diablo name I think.

Join the guild, I'll help you out and give you pointers.

Tonight, I'm going to run Normal bounty runs, but what I'm really personally going to try and do is run with people that actually need help, that is to say, people who aren't well geared and will benefit the most. With luck we can have 3-4 groups going each with 1-2 geared players and 2-3 players that need help.

There are quick ways to getting any class to T2-T4 difficulties. And it basically revovles around getting craftable legendaries (like Aughilds, Captain's, Born's, and Ashera's). It does mean you'll need to collect mats and the like (which is probably the hardest part), but once you get going, it starts to get easier and easier.

Anyway, talk more tonight. Hope to see you there! 6-8PM PST!

I'm in the guild but pretty quiet. I generally don't like asking for help as it feels like I should know what to do and I just don't want to be a leech is all. I like contributing basically.

Anyways I did pick up plans for aughilds last night as well as some plans for some orange boots desert runners or something. Crafted me a pair of aughilds shoulders and got a scourge last night as well. Have a lvl 66 cinder coat so been trying to stick to a fire damage monk until I get some better gear. I'm 308k life 300k damage and 2.3 million toughness iirc.

Finally picked up a full akkhan set on my HC Crusader, nothing left to do but die i guess.

I love all the guild action that is going on, it's just sad that almost none of it is on HC :(

I'm in the guild but pretty quiet. I generally don't like asking for help as it feels like I should know what to do and I just don't want to be a leech is all. I like contributing basically.

Anyways I did pick up plans for aughilds last night as well as some plans for some orange boots desert runners or something. Crafted me a pair of aughilds shoulders and got a scourge last night as well. Have a lvl 66 cinder coat so been trying to stick to a fire damage monk until I get some better gear. I'm 308k life 300k damage and 2.3 million toughness iirc.

You really should ask to tag along into some T1 or T2 runs. If you're running with some people that you know, spec into survival and have fun. No reason to be a wall flower in a game about teaming up and getting extra loot. :)

I'm not getting any invites nor can I find the group. Unsure if it's because I'm on Europe? ( thedonut#2139 )

Europe is a different set of servers. Sorry. :(
You could play on American servers if you'd like, but then you'd have to start over. Love to have you, but it's up to you. That could be a lot of play time.

---

The First week of Clan bounty runs went pretty well. Had a few groups. Had some people pop in and out. Ended up running until almost 10PM instead of just 8. Great to help people out.

Next week we're doing it again, but on Thursday. I'm hoping for a bigger turnout as it won't interfere with people's weekend plans, and of course for those going to Summer school, Thursday is the new Friday, so they should be able to run and find time as well.

If anyone has suggestions for runs, or can let me know when they think the best times to run stuff is, lemme know! I want to organize more things to do. I think at some point, I'd like to do newbie rift/RiF runs, as well as some sort of clinic. Give people info, get people geared, and then hopefully in the future we'll be a T4+ clan taking all the spots on ladder! (Right guys? :D)

Anyway, catch you next week, I'm on all the time if you have questions, wanna give suggestions or just need some help.

---

Next Event: Thursday 6-8PM PST - Clan Bounty Runs! Join in the fun!

Last edited:

I was able to do T2 with a Barbarian and nothing but enchanted yellow gear following some of the suggestions on this page The key is knowing how attributes work together and balancing them in the correct slots. Before then I was doing T1 with 350k buffed sheet DPS and 3 million Toughness. Now that I have some decent legs I'm doing T3 rifts solo generally with no problems (700k buffed sheet DPS and ~6 million Toughness). Some certain elite affix combos are still kicking my ass, though. Battletag is ArmeniusLOD#1362.

I was able to do T2 with a Barbarian and nothing but enchanted yellow gear following some of the suggestions on this page The key is knowing how attributes work together and balancing them in the correct slots. Before then I was doing T1 with 350k buffed sheet DPS and 3 million Toughness. Now that I have some decent legs I'm doing T3 rifts solo generally with no problems (700k buffed sheet DPS and ~6 million Toughness). Some certain elite affix combos are still kicking my ass, though. Battletag is ArmeniusLOD#1362.

there is some good info in that article.

i just got back into playing but think i am lost as to where i should be playing, or what level with my barb or Demon hunter.

Any Advice on perhaps what i should be looking to get or improve, and now with the para points i am lost!

i just had one guy tonight wanting to trade me a diamond for my Barb chest armor, saying it sucks..

Did you not buy the expansion? If you didn't you should probably just play something else. If you did, you should take a couple of hours and get your characters to 70, replacing all your old 1.0 gear along the way.

Back