Diablo 3 Cinematic Frame - Yes, That is CGI

hhara

Gawd
nntGM.jpg

So a few days ago Blizzard released two images. Everyone is speculating that they are frames from the opening cinematic to Diablo 3. Since Blizzcon is just around the corner, it would make sense for them to release a few frames from what they plan on displaying.

Anyways, this image is absolutely amazing. I cant get over how real it looks, especially the eyes and the imperfections in her skin.

Blizzard's CGI is the best in the gaming industry. I think that image looks amazing.

Original wow cinematic was totally great..

this will be no exception

blizzard really should start an animation movie company.

I know the chances of this are slim to none, but i've always wanted to see this too.

Imagine a video game company actually making the movie version of their game.. it might actually not suck :eek:

Looks good. I like the veins in her eyes. Looks like there on the way to getting the hair right finally.

This pic reminds me of Final Fantasy: Spirits Within.

WOW WOW WOW GORGEOUS AMAZING, EPIC.. QUALITY.. <3

I WILL BE AT BLIZZCON THIS WEEK!!! WOOT

For News and what not just follow me on twitter: HnaskoRacing

This pic reminds me of Final Fantasy: Spirits Within.

me too... but damn, I'd rather not be reminded of that movie, it was horrid IMO. such a shame

I'm really looking forward to seeing this quality in realtime... yes, that would rock, shouldn't be too long, within our lifetime I'd think

I know the chances of this are slim to none, but i've always wanted to see this too.

Imagine a video game company actually making the movie version of their game.. it might actually not suck :eek:

Square ENIX -> Final Fantasy VII -> Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

a blizzard full length would be fucking amazing. i think that's what he meant. :p

But I also see what he said.

Cinematically FF7:AC was fantastic, story and plot wise, it lacked SOOOOO badly.

I would hope if Blizzard EVER does a movie, they DONT do what SE did and chop the hell out of a story.

But I also see what he said.

Cinematically FF7:AC was fantastic, story and plot wise, it lacked SOOOOO badly.

I would hope if Blizzard EVER does a movie, they DONT do what SE did and chop the hell out of a story.

Agreed. I enjoyed the visual look and feel of the movie much more than the lackluster story. The cgi/animation was truly epic and it still impresses the hell out of me to this day.

While on the topic of Blizzard full lengths, what would you guys like to see more? Diablo, Starcraft, or Warcraft? I'd cast my vote for a Starcraft film.

blizzards cgi has always been pretty well done. like the old wow trailers before they got lazy and started putting in game graphics in trailers lol

Looks good, but I don't understand why it matters in the least.

Superb CGI was one of the early ways Blizzard differentiated itself from the rest of the industry. One of the big reasons I bought Blizzard games early on was I knew the cutscenes and intro would be amazing. Quality gameplay does not hurt, but terrific CGI is very cool and enhances the story in many cases. You know, the story is the words'n'shit that takes place inbetween getting the colored items with progressively better numbers.

I would love to see a full length Blizzard made movie. I think Starcraft would probably work the best as a film adaptation.

Or something wholly original. That would be even more impressive, honestly.

Though I am not a fan of Blizzard games, Diablo 3 has caught my attention a few times and I'm looking forward to seeing this intro!

They should consider maybe selling a compilation of their existing CGI short films, with maybe the older ones remastered, in high bit rate 1080p.

I actually have no interest (well very little) in Blizzard properties other than Starcraft, but I'm interested in the films.

That looks amazing. Absolutely superb.

As others have said, Blizzard has always had amazing CGI, but that's even more impressive to me than the CGI vids of WC3 were for me (and I still love the video where Grom and Thrall fight the big demon whose name I forget).

One of my biggest disappointments was how little CGI they had in SC2, and I really hope they put a good amount of it into D3.

To think, I thought FF13 had awesome CGI (it did) but this just totally blows it away IMO if the whole thing looks as good as that pic.

Edit:

Wow I just watched the cinematic that was linked a few posts up. A 120-150 min CGI movie from Blizzard is probably the only thing I would consider seriously buying on Blu-Ray, and that would be after the 15 times i'd watch it in the theater.

It looks very nice. This and the Batman Arkham City: Hugo Strange trailer are some of the best CGI I've seen since Final Fantasy The Spirits Within.

It looks very nice. This and the Batman Arkham City: Hugo Strange trailer are some of the best CGI I've seen since Final Fantasy The Spirits Within.
I googled that Batmat cinematic. 5 seconds into it, I thought to myself "Blur". Sure enough... it was made by Blur :p For whatever reason, the way people move in their CGI films, just isn't right. It's a dead giveaway.

http://vz3.blur.com/work/cinematics

They've been around for a looooong time. If you ever see a game cinematic that is of equal quality, you can bet your money it was made by them.

I like very much Blur's work. They do some of the best CGI cinematics out there in my opinion.

I guess regardless of the game itself people are just appreciating an impressive piece of work. What's wrong with that?

This.

Who gives a shit and why does it even matter? It's not like the game engine is going to look like that.

You don't really believe that nobody cares. Remember that Dead Island trailer? That game went from "what the fuck is Dead Island" to "HOLY FUCK DEAD ISLAND IS THE SHIT" overnight from a good CGI trailer that anyone with two brain cells could tell had no connection to the actual gameplay. A good trailer can sell a game to people who are on the fence irrespective of its connection to the gameplay.

This.

Who gives a shit and why does it even matter? It's not like the game engine is going to look like that.
...because the cutscenes in Diablo 2 added greatly to the narrative/atmosphere of the game? I suppose you are one of those people that automatically skips cutscenes... a reflex action I'm sure.

I'm assuming, that is, the Blizzard is doing Diablo 3 cutscenes in prerendered CGI... not just a single intro tease.

cinematics add a shit ton to immersion for me. a game like diablo 3 where you're always going to be playing from a top down view, it can sort of bring you out of the world, no matter how amazing the story is. so for me, these cinematics between levels or key parts during the story really help me visualize how epic and grand the artists/creators have imagined the world to be.

also, it's just incredibly impressive, how far cgi and 3d art has come in such a short amount of time. guess some people just don't appreciate impressive shit.

Back