Di-624 vs WRT54G w/dd-wrt

lone wolf

Gawd
I am so used to enterprise class switches and such that I haven't kept up to date on the home front. Long story short - I currently have a DI-624 in place, but it is starting to have some challenges. I have a WRT54G v2 that I am putting dd-wrt on it. So the question is will this Linksys out perform my ole Dlink? or leave the 624 in place? I know that there a love/hate with both models, I am looking for actual experienced answers.

Thanks all

I only own a WRT54g with DD-WRT on it. I don't think it's the fastest (as in processor speed etc.) switch there is, but it has quite a few features, which is important for me. I cannot complain about its 'performance' at this point, though I think its VPN speed is limited, I have not found that limit yet.

lone wolf said:
I am so used to enterprise class switches and such that I haven't kept up to date on the home front. Long story short - I currently have a DI-624 in place, but it is starting to have some challenges. I have a WRT54G v2 that I am putting dd-wrt on it. So the question is will this Linksys out perform my ole Dlink? or leave the 624 in place? I know that there a love/hate with both models, I am looking for actual experienced answers.

Thanks all

If you bump up the output power on the WRT to the 60 or 70 range..you should find it will..and will remain more stable. The utltimate answer lies in you taking 3-4 minutes of time and trying the WRT in your environment.

In ALL of my experience, the WRT is more powerful at STOCK then the DI-624.... I have found that the 624, is more stable, but just doesn't have the output power of the WRT.

QJ

Back