DFI strikes back with the DFI lanparty JR P45 T2RS

Nice OC, if it can pass OCCT or LinPack. I notice stability testing isn't shown among all those open programs...

yes you'r right..well wprimes 1024m is kinda a stability test...if you would like i can post some occt and linpack screens
..my only problem is that my pwm and chipset temps (mostly pwm) get imensly hot and wenn it reaches about the 100c
mark my oc gets unstable and can't really trust my bios settings completely.

but will try. how long do you think will be enough for it to pass. hehe :D
maybe a 2 hour occt. cant remember the best linpack setting 20 passes
i think!?

Is anyone aware of issues related to integrated graphics while having a dedicated pcie card as well? If I disable the integrated graphics all together, no memory sharing, my system will freeze at post. Requiring a bios reset to get it back up and running. So currently my system is sharing memory with the integrated graphics. From time to time for whatever reason, I am required to reapply my stable profile just to keep the system from freezing up.

Is this board best used with solely the integrated graphics alone? Has anyone else experienced similar issues with this board?

I have the latest bios update. Aside from this issue things seem to be very stable.

Is anyone aware of issues related to integrated graphics while having a dedicated pcie card as well? If I disable the integrated graphics all together, no memory sharing, my system will freeze at post. Requiring a bios reset to get it back up and running. So currently my system is sharing memory with the integrated graphics. From time to time for whatever reason, I am required to reapply my stable profile just to keep the system from freezing up.

Is this board best used with solely the integrated graphics alone? Has anyone else experienced similar issues with this board?

I have the latest bios update. Aside from this issue things seem to be very stable.

I'm not sure where you got a P45 with integrated graphics, but good luck. I don't have any problems with the integrated graphics interfering because they don't exist.

if the cooler is a dual slot cooler then yes

You mean if the cooler isN'T a dual slot cooler. I know using a dual slot cooler will block the PCI slot, but I'm talking about bandwidth.
Is there still any left when both 8x slots are occupied?

sorry i havent opdated on if my oc's were occt/linpack stable but one of my pwm chips were melted resulting in a very unstable computer unable to look anything after again.

yup very high pwm temps. well if you decide to oc like we do..we have to accept a casualty ones & a while :D at least if you keep it like that for prolonged periods of time like i did ;) doh :)

Is the PCIE X16 slot only operating at 8X even when your only using one slot? I just downloaded GPU-Z and noticed the slot is only at 8X.

but will try. how long do you think will be enough for it to pass. hehe :D
maybe a 2 hour occt. cant remember the best linpack setting 20 passes
i think!?
OCCT stock test runs an hour. You can run Linpack through it.

OCCT stock test runs an hour. You can run Linpack through it.

Snacks :cool: but sadly already to late :( I just bought & installed a g31m-3s2l..
lol I was desperately in need of a cheapo replacement until I figure out which
way to go now.

Snacks :cool: but sadly already to late :( I just bought & installed a g31m-3s2l..
lol I was desperately in need of a cheapo replacement until I figure out which
way to go now.

I've heard good things about the ES2L. Any success OCing (gently) on it?

I've heard good things about the ES2L. Any success OCing (gently) on it?

yes thats easy compared to the dfi a lot less options lol :D
but i need the proper cooling for getting over 4ghz on my quad
was thinking maybe the thermalright hr-01 plus ..i already have
the true but its to big for the gigabyte..by psu stands in the way.

the only thing a little weak is the pci-e x16 (v1.0) I wouldnt suggest
getting a newer gfx card for this board..not really anything one
notices in gaming but in 3dmark it drop 1000+.

Ok I just setup my DFI JR. Everything is working fine, but there is a orange light on around the PCI slot. Does that meaning anything?

You're not supposed to put components on the outside of antistatic bags, I thought? The outside is conductive.

Are you able to run the graphics card on the far slot? Or it only works when you plug it in the first slot next to the CPU? I'm speaking of using just 1 graphics card.

Thanks

Just got my P45-T2RS Jr rig up and running with a Q9400. I've been running Prime95 small FFT on all 4 cores for a few hours now and am getting these temps (everything is at stock and I'm using an XP-90):

Core: 56C, 49C, 51C, 51C (RealTemp)
Cpu: 53C (Smartguardian)
System: 52C (Smartguardian)
Chipset: 51C (Smartguardian)

How do these temps look and what kind of temps are you folks seeing? Also, my FSB VTT voltage is at 1.07V, is this typical? Do I have any OC headroom with these temps? Thanks.

i only managed to hit fsb@450 with my q9400 on this board....
But with the maximus 2 gene (P45 matx): it's by far better:
ev9504.jpg

pvhk- do you recall what bios settings and voltages you used on the LP JR with the Q9400? I'm getting errors with CPU and RAM at stock speeds with Prime95 blend test after about an hour or so.

What system and chipset temps are reasonable? I'm seeing about 55C. Thanks.

Hey Pvhk, Can you confirm if your video card will work in the farthest slot? Or it will only recognize the first slot closer to the CPU?

Last edited:
Unfortunatly yes, but it's PCI-E 2.0, so even @ x8 it provides the same bandwidth compared to PCI-E x16.

Primary PCI slot closest to CPU socket will run at full PCI 2.0x16 speed when running a single card.

Worked for me with HD4890 and HD4770.

Are you able to run the graphics card on the far slot? Or it only works when you plug it in the first slot next to the CPU? I'm speaking of using just 1 graphics card.

Thanks
yes , you have to uninstall the driver if you previously used the upper slot, then mount the card on the lower pcie slot...
Primary PCI slot closest to CPU socket will run at full PCI 2.0x16 speed when running a single card.

Worked for me with HD4890 and HD4770.
not full 16x on the JR P45 as far as i know!
my 4850
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb261/pvhk/14760.jpg

your 4890 sonda5:
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/aapmn/
only the M2G has full 16x with single card...
pvhk- do you recall what bios settings and voltages you used on the LP JR with the Q9400? I'm getting errors with CPU and RAM at stock speeds with Prime95 blend test after about an hour or so.

What system and chipset temps are reasonable? I'm seeing about 55C. Thanks.

raise the vNB & vtt...

Last edited:
Thanks! Pvhk...

I know when I had the Jr board I was able to run the graphics card in the farthest slot. Now I'm curious when you use the farthest slot do you get the full 2.0 x16 bandwidth? Thanks again for the answers. Plus where did you get yours? I noticed this board isn't even on Asus's USA web page yet.

I didn't have that HD4890 for very long but I know that i did a few benchmarks with it and you found my GPUZ info... :)

Now the thing is that I ran those benchmarks with the card in the 2nd non primary slot.

HD4890singleGM2small.JPG

i may have a screen shot somewhere of GPUZ at full PCI 2.0/16X speed with either the HD4890 or the HD4770.

i don't even think DFI knows why the MB didn't do full PCI 16x for so many customers that complained about it.

I remember reading on the original description of this MB that it did indeed have a single PCI slot at full 2.0 16x speed. So after so many complaints they changed the description.

Originally the language was "IC". Which I think meant internal controller. So it would be software.

It's a mystery right now. I think I did see a full 16x bandwidth reading on the upper slot. I'll see if I can get it to read it again soon. I'm doing some changes with my HD 4770 set up.

I'll run some single benchmarks in the top primary slot.

Thanks... Yeah. Sorry mis-typed it. Maximus 2 Gene board is what I mean. Nice buy... Looking forward to this board when it's available here. Thanks for the info

i may have a screen shot somewhere of GPUZ at full PCI 2.0/16X speed with either the HD4890 or the HD4770.

i don't even think DFI knows why the MB didn't do full PCI 16x for so many customers that complained about it.

I remember reading on the original description of this MB that it did indeed have a single PCI slot at full 2.0 16x speed. So after so many complaints they changed the description.

Originally the language was "IC". Which I think meant internal controller. So it would be software.

It's a mystery right now. I think I did see a full 16x bandwidth reading on the upper slot. I'll see if I can get it to read it again soon. I'm doing some changes with my HD 4770 set up.

I'll run some single benchmarks in the top primary slot.

SonDa5- don't believe GPUZ if it says x16 bandwidth. I've been doing a lot of research on this topic, and it's impossible since both PCIE x16 slots are only x8 electrically on the P45 JR. I've already got my board installed, but take a look at the back of the board on this photo from newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...P45-T2RS Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

raise the vNB & vtt...

pvhk- do you mean "NB Core Voltage" and "CPU VTT Voltage"? Should I adjust "FSB Vref" at all? Thanks again.

Has anyone tried Arctic Silver 5 or any other quality thermal compound on the northbridge heatsink? How big was the difference between stock?

Do you folks have any suggestions for getting FSB stable at 400mhz? Seems like it should be pretty straightforward, but I'm having some issues. My Q9400 can pass P95 small FFT 24 hours no problem, but runs into problems with the blend test. I'm using NB=1.3575V, and CPUVTT=1.20V. Dram is set at stock for my ram (1.8V at 400mhz 5-5-5-18, also tried upping this to 2V). Is there anything else I need to adjust? Thanks in advance.

Back