DFI strikes back with the DFI lanparty JR P45 T2RS

My adventure with my DFI P45 Jr is coming to an end. :(
I'm upgrading to DFI X58 JR with i7-930. :)

It was a great journey. Time for another adventure.

Most recently my X58 JR crapped out and was sent if for RMA. I brought out the P45 JR and it has performed flawlessly while the X58 JR was being repaired. X58 JR is back now so P45 JR is being put up again.

Here is P45 JR riding high with custom water loop.

LoopRavenBigPictureLoopsmall.jpg

Hello! I'm new on this forum.
I have bought this motherboard recently for my Intel Pentium D925 processor, but after i installed all the component, the mother board wouldn't boot up. All the fans and LED-s starts, but after ~8seconds it turns off for 4seconds, and starts up again. nothing displayed on monitor. I removed all the components, just the processor installed, but the same thing. if i remove the processor then it starts, and it doesn't turn off.
My question is if that the motherboard is defect, or the power supply is too weak(Raidmax 420W), or is the CPU not compatible.(it is not shown in the supported CPU list on DFI.com)
Sorry for my english. I'm waiting for reply.
Thank you!

Hello! I'm new on this forum.
I have bought this motherboard recently for my Intel Pentium D925 processor, but after i installed all the component, the mother board wouldn't boot up. All the fans and LED-s starts, but after ~8seconds it turns off for 4seconds, and starts up again. nothing displayed on monitor. I removed all the components, just the processor installed, but the same thing. if i remove the processor then it starts, and it doesn't turn off.
My question is if that the motherboard is defect, or the power supply is too weak(Raidmax 420W), or is the CPU not compatible.(it is not shown in the supported CPU list on DFI.com)
Sorry for my english. I'm waiting for reply.
Thank you!
Sounds like a bad chip or BIOS setting. If you've got another compatible CPU, try it out in the board, or try the bum chip in a different mainboard.

Back