DFI LanParty Ultra-D to SLI mod question

{NcsO}ReichstaG

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello,
I have another question. If I am able to mod my DFI LanParty Ultra-D chipset to a SLI chipset then would any SLI bridge work? On ebay I see some ASUS and Gigabyte SLI bridges but I am not sure if they would work or fit on the DFI LanParty.
-Thanks for your help

Yes. My DFI board works with an MSI bridge, for example. This does of course presume the slots are properly spaced, so that the 3-slot Asus bridge won't work in any of the 2-slot boards or vice versa.

I am getting an Pentium D 820 and what is a good DFI Lan Party Board to get to run it with Raid 0/1 to go in a LinLI Case might watercool don't know yet

apauk397 said:
I am getting an Pentium D 820 and what is a good DFI Lan Party Board to get to run it with Raid 0/1 to go in a LinLI Case might watercool don't know yet
You know..you could start your own thread and not "steal" this one :rolleyes:

mavalpha said:
Yes. My DFI board works with an MSI bridge, for example. This does of course presume the slots are properly spaced, so that the 3-slot Asus bridge won't work in any of the 2-slot boards or vice versa.
So what bridges work besides the MSI? Does Gigabye work..Asus? Isn't the Ultra a 3 slot board? or no?

Offhand, I think the only three-slot boards are the Asus line and the DFI Expert. All of the others (include the non-Expert DFI boards) are two slots apiece.

I think you can still buy 3rd party bridges from Newegg. Anyone have a link?

Back