DFI Lanparty 865PE SATA controller / drive corruption...

I get constant drive corruption problems, at first I thought it could be my drives. I originally had 2 WD Raptor 36GB 10,000 RPM drives setup as Raid 0. Every 2-3 reboots I would get the scandisk prompt during my Windows XP boot. Eventually I would start getting corrupt file warnings in Win XP. After formatting I decided to try ditching raid and used the onboard non raid SATA controller. I RMAed the MB and eventually the same corruption errors followed...

The next step was to RMA both WD drives and of course I ordered 2 new SATA cables from a different vendor. After replacing the drives the same problems started happening. So I gave up on WD and bought a single Maxtor 7200 rpm sata drive.

The same problems, as I type this I get constant pop ups from my task tray bitching about corrupt files.

I don't know what else to think here, my only option is to blame it on the motherboard. Also no matter what, I can't get both WD drives to properly recognize during boot more than 80% of the time. This was the case with the new MB and 2 new drives also. Could it be that the Lanparty 865PE comes with a shit SATA controller? I would think I would see more bitches and moans about the board if this was the case.

Did you check your RAM? That's what I would be doing. It's not your drives obviously (although I could have told you that before you ditched those Raptors for inferior products).

It could also easily be drivers for the controller. I seriously have my doubts that the controller itself is bad although I'm not ruling out the possibility.

Your controller might be flaky. You can always get a PCI RAID controller (Promise FastTrack TX2Plus for example). I've never had problems with it.

Back