Developers Install Windows 10 on an Nintendo Switch

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
A developer and hacker who goes by "Ben" on Twitter has allegedly shoehorned Windows 10 for ARM into an Nintendo Switch. This is reportedly the same hacker who helped get Windows 10 running on the Lumia 950 and the Raspberry Pi 3, but the Switch doesn't appear to be quite as functional as those devices yet.

Qualcomm is behind a push to bring ARM-powered Windows devices to the market, but this is the first time I've seen Windows 10 for ARM running on a Nvidia Tegra-based device. Ben recently mentioned that there's still "some more work to do," and that he's currently working on SD/MMC support, but I'm eager to see a public release of this effort some day.

As a techie, it might be fun to try to get Win 10 running on this type of device, but it's not something I'd ever want to use.

A developer and hacker who goes by "Ben" on Twitter has allegedly shoehorned Windows 10 for ARM into an Nintendo Switch. This is reportedly the same hacker who helped get Windows 10 running on the Lumia 950 and the Raspberry Pi 3, but the Switch doesn't appear to be quite as functional as those devices yet.

Qualcomm is behind a push to bring ARM-powered Windows devices to the market, but this is the first time I've seen Windows 10 for ARM running on a Nvidia Tegra-based device. Ben recently mentioned that there's still "some more work to do," and that he's currently working on SD/MMC support, but I'm eager to see a public release of this effort some day.

IIRC a few years ago Microsoft demoed WoA running on Tegra and some other ARM CPUs

With this and Steam in home streaming, we'll finally have decent handheld gaming!

A small part of me asks "Why?". A much larger part says "Why not?". After all, if you are a techie, you tend to try doing random stuff for no real reason other than to see if it would work.

I think thats cool. Not something I would have interest in doing, but without mad shit like this we wouldn't have....other mad shit

A small part of me asks "Why?". A much larger part says "Why not?". After all, if you are a techie, you tend to try doing random stuff for no real reason other than to see if it would work.

I agree.. my brain tells me "why not just buy a shield tablet or something which requires less effort?" but then i'm like "dat coo"

Back