Deus Ex: The Fall

After watching the latest total biscuit video on it and him saying it's worse than invisible war, this looks like a pass for me as well. Might grab it if it goes on a holiday sale though
 
Just got around to trying this on my Easter Break and it plays like a dumbed-down version of Deus Ex: HR. Graphics-wise, it's not much worse than HR and thanks to it's tablet-roots, it doesn't even make a blip on the performance section of Task Manager. However, I don't like not being able to rebind the keys. I mean how hard is it really to release a patch that allows that? This game could have been sooo much better if they had tried.
 
I just recently finished this game. I've never played Invisible War, I still need to play the first game.

First off, when I started this game, I had some weird problem with teleporting around when I would jump over objects or when I would climb ladders. I eventually got teleported and stuck in a wall while climbing a ladder and then I got the bright idea to save while stuck in the wall hoping that when I reloaded it would correct the problem; it didn't. Fortunately I wasn't too far into the game so I restarted. When I restarted, the teleporting issue seemed to be gone.

After restarting the game using the progress reset option, I played through without any problems. As piratepress said, this game barely touches the GPU or CPU. My GPU stayed in a low power state the entire time. Initially, I had some weird random slowdown but after starting a new game (resetting progress) that went away.

As far as the story goes, The Fall is happening sometime after the raid on Sarif Industries in Human Revolution. This game isn't very long and there's supposed to be a continuation. I'm pretty sure I read through almost every PDA but there wasn't much story in them.

If you really want it, buy it on sale. It's gotta eventually go below $5.
 
Back
Top