Deus Ex: Human Revolution Devs Talk User Feedback

very cool... if you had augmented reality, it would seem logical to have the option to turn it off. Still, it looked like the button popup helper is still there... seriously, you need to know to hit "square" to open a door EVERY TIME? :eek:

looking forward to this game though, cool devs

I have high hopes for this game. Perhaps too high. I'm worried that no matter good the game is that I'll be disappointed.

I mean, this is Deus Ex we're talking about here. It has a lot to live up to in the name alone.

Props to them listening/paying attn to feedback. I am cringing at them showing off the game as a console. Anyone know if this is being made primary for PC or will the PC crowd get another console port this year?

I feel like the level at which they are demoing the console shows it will be a port for us, which sucks, but at least they listened to a little feedback. I care a lot more that they actually included difficulty levels instead of just having the entire game 'scale to the player' or whatever

My person augmented reality has Warren Spector still doing Deus Ex. I can dream, right?

God damn consoles are ruining PC gaming. Everything is made for them first then they shoehorn the most basic requirements to run on the most basic pc and call it a pc game. I hae no faith that this game will be worth a shit for pc gamers.

My only request for this game is that they don't turn it into "Console Ex: Console Revolution". Crytek already turned a hit PC franchise into a bastardized console port with Console 2. Hopefully other compaies will follow the BF3 lead and start targeting PC gamers again. This console port stuff is like if Formula 1 switched over to Honda Accords because they're cheap, basic, and widely available instead of pushing the limits of technology.

I stopped paying attention to this game well over a year ago, but this looks promising. Are they still doing some of the other stupid shit they origonally planned? Regenerating health? Third person mode when sneaking? Cinematic cutscenes everytime you take someone down?

I stopped paying attention to this game well over a year ago, but this looks promising. Are they still doing some of the other stupid shit they origonally planned? Regenerating health? Third person mode when sneaking? Cinematic cutscenes everytime you take someone down?

Yep. Also single button push rush-to-next-cover-point. Looks flashy and slick but completely disconnected and uninvolving. I'd rather have stiff robotic animations and a fixed first person POV that I have 100% control of.

Props to them listening/paying attn to feedback. I am cringing at them showing off the game as a console. Anyone know if this is being made primary for PC or will the PC crowd get another console port this year?

Edios Montreal isn't doing the PC version at all. Nixxes is working on the engine and doing the PC version. Nixxes used to work closely with Crystal Dynamics and have done PC versions for a lot of their games. http://www.nixxes.com/nixxes/projects Hopefully that means good things. Let Montreal focus on making a good game and focus on consoles, let a studio with a ton of experience with the engine and a mostly good port history do the PC version.

So they released a video on how they have added options to turn things off. :confused:

<Chris Rock>What do you want, a cookie?!?!</Chris Rock>

So they released a video on how they have added options to turn things off. :confused:

<Chris Rock>What do you want, a cookie?!?!</Chris Rock>

Turn off things that people wanted off. Devs usually completely ignore gamer complaints until after a game ships. Prior to this they said there wasn't going to be an option to do it.

Thank you Eidos Montreal !

I have been begging for this since it was made clear that this was how augmented reality was going to manifest in DE:HR. For me these glowing contours totally shuts down immersion. I could not be happier about this. All I am hoping for now is, that we will see levels that are not cast in golden hues. ..oh and a great shooter feel and a great AI and story.

I also hope that the PC version will get the "special treatment" that they have promised on many occasions. Can not wait for this game, despite graphics already looking a little dated.

They should be applauded for this - that's for sure. Having that said, I'm still concerned that the gameplay will be rather uninspired, given the actual gameplay videos shown thus far.

While there may be some progress in this, my prediction still remains: Deus Ex > DE:HR > Invisible War. They just don't make them like they used to.

The awfulness of the second one still causes a twinge of pain. I refuse to accept this will be any good.

I saw this at PAX East 2011 after having purposely avoided anything pertaining to it since it was announced. I absolutely loved Deus Ex--still among my favorite games ever--and was quite disappointed by Invisible War, so I was fearful of another failure to live up to the original.

There was a moment during the demonstration when the player (Jean-Francois Degas from this video) accidentally alerted a nearby guard, so he ducked behind a large crate to hide. The guard walked right up to the edge of the crate, one step short of seeing the player, stood there a moment, then muttered something akin to "Huh, I guess it was nothing" before turning around and walking away.

One of the first questions from the audience was about that incident and whether that (arguably abominable AI) would be any better on a higher difficulty setting, and the developers present gave some bullshit response about how they didn't want to make the game too hard. :rolleyes:

It was really disappointing, and--in light of all the other elements they've incorporated--evidences the fact that this game is designed for console play. I'm terrified it's going to suck--hard--but I maintain a small ember of hope that the story may redeem it as a whole. This latest update proves that they listen to community feedback, so maybe they're not entirely in the dark as to what the fanbase wants from a sequel...

evidences the fact that this game is designed for console play

This is the other reason I'm not paying it much attention. The few gameplay vids I see show a UI that's god awful for anything but a gamepad.

Let's hope this doesn't come true:

33vjn5z.jpg

This is the other reason I'm not paying it much attention. The few gameplay vids I see show a UI that's god awful for anything but a gamepad.

Well they haven't shown the tiniest bit of PC gameplay so that might be why.

Chances they spend the time and money for 2 totally different interfaces and if they do both being the same quality?

My person augmented reality has Warren Spector still doing Deus Ex. I can dream, right?

I lost all faith in Spector after Thief: 'Deadly Shadows.' What a disaster.

The whole "we don't make games for M.I.T. grads" thing was a load of bullshit, the dev team was so incompetent they couldn't even come up with a decent game title. The plot sucked, the characters were flat, the levels were tiny and required loading zones (thanks Xbox!), the Unreal engine didn't suit the game at all, and the game was almost completely broken at launch... What exactly did they spend all their development time doing?

You want to make a relatively simple game to make a bunch of money off 12-year-old Xbox players? Fine, just don't take a dump on an awesome series like Thief or Deus Ex in the process.

I have high hopes for this game. Perhaps too high. I'm worried that no matter good the game is that I'll be disappointed.

I mean, this is Deus Ex we're talking about here. It has a lot to live up to in the name alone.

Well, considering Deus Ex was so awesome, and Invisible War was such shit, it stands to reason that expectations should be about average for this game, no? :cool:

Back