Detroit: Become Human

scojer

[H]F Junkie
Last edited:
How are people not talking about this? I just watched a sequence of every trailer released at E3, and this was by far the most intriguing. I guess I happen to like Quantic Dream's schtick.
I'm way more excited for this than probably anything else that came out of E3... the only other games in contention are possibly ME: Andromeda, Kojima's Death Stranding, and a personal favorite: Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
I think if it's anything like Heavy Rain, it will definitely be engrossing.

I wish naughty dog was doing this.

It would be, to say the least, a very different game. Naughty Dog's narrative is very different. There isn't the same type of choice and consequence in Naught Dog games or branching as compared to Quantic Dream's style of narrative. Naughty Dog is all about story through and via action. Quantic Dream is much more about story via choice. I wish I had better words, but that is what I can come up with on the fly.
I think you're wishing for something that Naughty Dog themselves don't care to do. Nor would be accomplished nearly as well as what Quantic Dream is doing.

Last edited:
Pretentious_zps5560d04e.png

My opinion is that David Cage should be making movies instead of games. These games always look intriguing to me before release, but I think they fail to deliver in the interactivity department as a video game when they finally get in our hands.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this one, though. I'm a sucker for sci-fi.

Cool to see a game featuring Detroit, where I grew up and live now (well, not in downtown, but just outside it 20 minutes)

you know on new years people shoot their guns in the air and moments later you hear "rain"... when morning comes it's a fun game searching for the shells, feels a bit like easter egg hunt

I enjoy David Cage games. They're not perfect but there is something I like about them.

Detroid: Become Human one looks amazing. I hope the choices really do matter like they are promising.

So...how many scenarios are there? I feel like they just showed us the entire first one with the little girl hostage.

Looks interesting but yeah...seems like they spoiled way too much with that trailer.

David Cage, AKA, the man that doesn't understand that Deus Ex Machina is bad. I'm still waiting for an apology for Heavy Rain.

Wow, there is a huge amount of hate in here. Duly noted. I guess it's better to not share excitement about specific titles on here as everyone would much rather wallow in a stream of cynicism and general displeasure.
I've enjoyed Quantic Dream's previous works. Clearly David Cage is polarizing. Either you like it or you don't. You get it or you don't. Either way I'm excited. It's going to be great.

Wow, there is a huge amount of hate in here. Duly noted. I guess it's better to not share excitement about specific titles on here as everyone would much rather wallow in a stream of cynicism and general displeasure.
I've enjoyed Quantic Dream's previous works. Clearly David Cage is polarizing. Either you like it or you don't. You get it or you don't. Either way I'm excited. It's going to be great.
I thought the point of a forum was to have a discussion? Like you said, David Cage is polarizing.

Out of the 10 replies talking about the game: 5 are positive, 3 are negative, and 2 are memes.

They did work on a weird cgi film a while back, but I cannot find anything for it. Probably because I'm searching on my phone.

As for the game, I'm stoked. It looks amazing and they put a lot of choices into it, seems like more than what there were in their previous games.

It wouldn't surprise me if that scene wasn't in the game. Or if so it Will be early on.

new E3 trailer...I've been looking forward to this ever since it was first announced...has massive storytelling potential

post title needs to be edited...Detroit is not spelled correctly

Last edited:
new E3 trailer...I've been looking forward to this ever since it was first announced...has massive storytelling potential

post title needs to be edited...Detroit is not spelled correctly

I didn't mean to put Detroid, I put this thread up and didn't realise I put it that way until after it was made. It's a fitting typo though for the game!

The new trailer is good. I wonder how many characters we'll get to play as, and I like the whole robot uprising idea.

I didn't mean to put Detroid, I put this thread up and didn't realise I put it that way until after it was made. It's a fitting typo though for the game!

The new trailer is good. I wonder how many characters we'll get to play as, and I like the whole robot uprising idea.

yes the typo does actually fit the game perfectly lol...Detroid/Android

New to this game - Have to say it looks great!

But I do love a good story driven game. I've had enough of the usual pew pew....

I'm really looking forward to this since last year's e3. Games that have me exited are, this, south park, God of war and days gone

I really liked their other games, although they're nearly "one and done" games for me. I can see a replay down the line once you've forgotten things, but replaying story elements in games like those typically = tedious.
They're killer rentals. You essentially get to experience nearly everything there is in a couple days. It's like a terrific interactive movie.

I've never heard of this until I just seen this thread. Definitely looks pretty good so far and I dig games like this for the most part, esp. since my wife can sit down with me and watch/play along like we recently did in Until Dawn.

I really liked their other games, although they're nearly "one and done" games for me. I can see a replay down the line once you've forgotten things, but replaying story elements in games like those typically = tedious.
They're killer rentals. You essentially get to experience nearly everything there is in a couple days. It's like a terrific interactive movie.

Yeah, think I only really played through Heavy Rain once, then just Youtubed the rest of the scenarios/endings, hah. I played through Until Dawn a second time though just to save everyone and to show a friend that was staying over one night. As with most games, I'll probably wait until I can pick this up for under $40 after launch unless it somehow gets reviewed exceptionally well.

The official release trailer is out! Game looks interesting. I hope it's more fun than Beyond: Two Souls was.

Looks great, just downloaded the Demo. PS4 Pro will get 2160p checkerboard and slightly enhanced volumetric lighting.

You can use Amazon Alexa with the game by searching for and enabling the "Cyberlife" Skill.

Looking forward to playing this one with my GF, she loves using and setting up Alexa things, so i'll let her have fun with that.

The demo was neat. Played through it once in about 10 minutes and have no motivation to go back and try out the different paths.

I don't think its a game for me.

I liked the demo but someone else said what my thing has always been with these games: Incredible one shots (rent or buy) with (for me) little to no replay value. I respect what these devs do in a big way and I liked this enough that I am considering a purchase.

I liked the demo but someone else said what my thing has always been with these games: Incredible one shots (rent or buy) with (for me) little to no replay value. I respect what these devs do in a big way and I liked this enough that I am considering a purchase.

Did you see the graph will all the possible outcomes? Usually I'm a one and done on these games but this has so many outcomes I'm really curious how most turn out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Did you see the graph will all the possible outcomes? Usually I'm a one and done on these games but this has some many outcomes I'm really curious how most turn out.

I did... that's partly why I'm considering a purchase. This thing sucked me right in.

Quicktime event game the graphics don't look any better than Heavy Rain.

Quicktime event game the graphics don't look any better than Heavy Rain.

Well did you like Heavy Rain? Because that game was mostly QTEs too and plays pretty similarly to Detroit, they're just completely different stories, characters, and settings. So I don't see the issue with that unless your only gripe is the graphics don't look any better, which no, HR doesn't really touch Detroit in image quality.

Citation:

You know HR was a PS3 game and only ported to PS4 with some texture upgrades and minor lighting (AO added) upgrades, right?

Yeah, watching those back to back doesn't leave much room for comparison (in terms of image quality and effects), IMO.

That said, I'm considering picking this up at launch since I played HR back when it launched on PS3 and enjoyed it well enough (though only did one play through of it and then Youtube'd the other scenarios). This is the type of game my wife can watch me play and play along with me as well. We've played Hidden Agenda a bit lately and been enjoying that as well. I'm just not sure if I'm going to get $60 worth of enjoyment out of this like I just did with God of War or Horizon previously.

I'm really interested in this game, but after Heavy Rain I'm almost definitely going to wait for a sale or a used copy. Hell, based on Heavy Rain there might be used copies on the shelf on Saturday. It's an unfortunate downside of games like this. They have killer production value, which justifies a $60 price...but the game itself is a borderline 1 and done affair. It's like a slightly interactive 8-hour movie.

I'm really interested in this game, but after Heavy Rain I'm almost definitely going to wait for a sale or a used copy. Hell, based on Heavy Rain there might be used copies on the shelf on Saturday. It's an unfortunate downside of games like this. They have killer production value, which justifies a $60 price...but the game itself is a borderline 1 and done affair. It's like a slightly interactive 8-hour movie.

I agree. I'm not entirely sure if 8-10 hour's is worth $60, and so I'm trying to figure out if I should grab the game from Best Buy with the Gamer's Club discount (20% off) and get it for $47 which is a decent price, or pay a ludicrous $70 to get the digital deluxe from the Playstation store, where I'd get Heavy Rain and the dynamic themes. I know it's a meh move for the content provided overall, but I still do want to play the game Day 1. It's time's like these where it's need versus want.

I'm in the mood. I had some trade in credit and got it for a song. Instead of watching a movie at night I'll play this for however many nights it lasts.

Back