Destiny 2

Highly suggest watching this. Fallout recently polled the community about what they don't understand and would like a video on and warmind cells was the top response. They're incredibly powerful and not difficult to use.

This is friggin' beautiful. Oh... I have some tooling to do... mwahahaha....

The tactic of swapping Witherhoard in and out with that Ikelos damn near brings a tear to my eye. Ace and the sunsplash weapons..beautiful... just beautiful.

This video is fantastic. Thank you!

Highly suggest watching this. Fallout recently polled the community about what they don't understand and would like a video on and warmind cells was the top response. They're incredibly powerful and not difficult to use.

"Let the Professionals take care of this one Jr." :LOL: Best line in the video. I'm changing my callsign to that next time I run a Warmind Cell build.

--

Finally gathered up enough feathers to get the Radiant Accipiter (Hawkmoon themed ship) thanks to Q-BZ, WOO HOO!!. Still trying to get the 4th Mark from the Celebrant mission though :banghead: ...that would have made for a banner day, lol.

After Q logged off, a buddy of mine got on who rarely gets to play. He always feels like he is lagging to catch up with his gear, so I decided we'd run through the Xenophage mission so he had at least one good Heavy for harder content. He didn't even have the Moon unlocked yet, lol. Figured we would get everything but the Dungeon done, as I've never solo'd it, but with him distracting the Ogres, we were able to get the whole thing done. We were both stoked! He hardly has any mods because he rarely has enough materials to buy them from Banshee, so that is my next goal. If Ada comes back next Season, maybe we'll be able to turn in Gunsmith materials for modules again. They need to do something to replace that functionality.

Last edited:
Nice seeing you guys last night (y)

I'm way behind, was offline about 2 weeks building my new PC.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I was playing like garbage and just tapped out. I had to hit the hay. I'll run into you all hopefully later today at some point.

I've pretty much given up on getting that Celebrant ship. I only have one character and I do my one run and expect nothing.

Frakksured is speaking my language: I think they made a terrible mistake taking out the Black Armory. If anything they should have expanded on the idea and I hope they bring it back and go next level with it. I really want that Black Armory ship and I wish they would provide a way to get it like they do the exotic weapons, the legacy gear, or something else along those lines.

I was playing like garbage and just tapped out. I had to hit the hay. I'll run into you all hopefully later today at some point.

I've pretty much given up on getting that Celebrant ship. I only have one character and I do my one run and expect nothing.

Frakksured is speaking my language: I think they made a terrible mistake taking out the Black Armory. If anything they should have expanded on the idea and I hope they bring it back and go next level with it. I really want that Black Armory ship and I wish they would provide a way to get it like they do the exotic weapons, the legacy gear, or something else along those lines.

You were playing fine, but I understand being tired. Sleep is too elusive (at least for me) to be giving up, lol.

There is a glitch with the Celebrant mission that allows you to rerun it on the same character over and over. Once you load into the mission, go in and clear the mods from your Lure, then complete the mission as normal. This allows you to reslot them after the mission and run it again. You will not get rewards after the first run, but the Ship still has a chance to drop (from what I've read). I do 4 or 5 runs a day until I start to get sick of it, then I move on.

I was not a big fan of the Black Armory reward system, but I did like several of the weapons. Never did get the Ship either, so it would be nice if it came to the Kiosk at some point. Ada was great for turning in Gunsmith materials for the modules Banshee wants to buy Mods. When she left, we lost that outlet and have to rely solely on Banshee's Bounties. Sucks worms if you ask me, lol. Fortunately I have a nice stockpile still, but newer Players trying to fill out their mod inventory are stuck.

--

That Dragonfly role makes me drool a little.

like this
There is a glitch with the Celebrant mission that allows you to rerun it on the same character over and over. Once you load into the mission, go in and clear the mods from your Lure, then complete the mission as normal.
I want to think this was patched. I went to do that a few weeks after it was announced and if I did that proccess, I would get zero drops at the end. Repeated it a few times and was only ever able to get anything at all to drop if I kept the lure charged but YMMV.

I gave up on that ship lol

Yup, screw it. I'll run Celebrant once a week for laughs but it's worthless. It's easy but I'm tired of doing it. I think Bungie ought to get real about that.

The Swarm has me very happy as someone who likes MGs. I have Outlaw and Vorpal which is going to be pretty hard to beat although Dragonfly on something like that could really be a doozy. I hope I can get some more drops on it before long.

According to light.gg the swarm that dropped for me on our run last night is maybe a god roll. Corkscrew rifling, accurized rounds, killing wind, dragonfly

swarm.png

Last edited:
4 more GM runs, just two OK adept rolls and only one adept mod but a whole boatload of golf balls and exotics. More farming tomorrow for those mods!

1616212891488.png

Igneous Hammer is this week's 3 Win reward in Trials, so it can be gotten via the Bounty. Did my Warlock last night and got a Subsistence / One for All roll (decent for PvE). Plan to run my Titan and Hunter tomorrow after work (11:30pm CST) if any of you yahoo's want to help carry my old and slow arse. :LOL:

IH.jpg

Igneous Hammer is this week's 3 Win reward in Trials, so it can be gotten via the Bounty. Did my Warlock last night and got a Subsistence / One for All roll (decent for PvE). Plan to run my Titan and Hunter tomorrow after work (11:30pm CST) if any of you yahoo's want to help carry my old and slow arse. :LOL:

View attachment 340674

Eyyyyyy snagged a similar roll last night too. Good for PvE at least, One for All is incredible for that.

1616240337999.png

I actually got into Trials and got something done. I'm at 1324 so I haven't gotten into GM yet. That Swarm Adept looks fantastic.

I have three igneous HCs now. Non adepts. Quickdraw/snapshots, Outlaw/One for all, Killing Wind/Moving Target. Pretty good drops.

Geez Frakksured... I'm sound asleep by that timetable. Hopefully we all cross paths again soon.

I actually got into Trials and got something done. I'm at 1324 so I haven't gotten into GM yet. That Swarm Adept looks fantastic.

I have three igneous HCs now. Non adepts. Quickdraw/snapshots, Outlaw/One for all, Killing Wind/Moving Target. Pretty good drops.

Geez Frakksured... I'm sound asleep by that timetable. Hopefully we all cross paths again soon.

Yeah, hopefully no more than another month to 45 days before I finally get moved to my day job. Will be nice to live normal people hours again. It's been about 12 years.

like this
Well... after farming Igneous Hammers on all 3 characters and turning in 60 tokens, I have one "okay" PvE roll, two "WTF IS THIS BUNGIE!?!" rolls, and 3 worthless fusion rifles. I am the disappoint. Where is the sobbing emoji... I need it now. I see why people were jumping off the map to speed up the Engram Bounty. This was barely worth the effort involved.

Last edited:
like this
Well... after farming Igneous Hammers on all 3 characters and turning in 60 tokens, I have one "okay" PvE roll, two "WTF IS THIS BUNGIE!?!" rolls, and 3 worthless fusion rifles. I am the disappoint. Were is the sobbing emoji... I need it now. I see why people were jumping off the map to speed up the Engram Bounty. This was barely worth the effort involved.

Now that I've spent some time in Trials and gotten a feel for it I feel my initial impressions are essentially vindicated. It needs some tweaking and there are some serious balance issues.

EDIT: Much to my amazement I actually got that engram bounty done the "right way." I'm 50 percent on "sweep the field." Tne Sniper bounty is a pipe dream but I'll take a few passes at it. Slow burn...eh maybe. 2 rinky dink tokens a pop and some valor and XP? Meh.

Last edited:
We went in with the intention to just do that as well but ended up playing.. sometimes you get round and even match wins just playing even though most of the time we were steamrolled.

My only saving grace was geomags, chaos reach and 100 intellect then sometimes you just go full panic mode and it works out...

I tried the jump off the map approach for trials just to get the bounty done, after one match I gave up....felt gross just throwing matches

I agree. As someone who is absolutely pathetic and hideous at this... I just stuck with it yesterday. I would run with two randoms thanks to the app and fireteam posting. I put up "Trials. I'm terrible. Be warned" or some "relax" variant and some mixes were better than others...and got it done somehow. I had one team that was really good and we all hit some paydirt. I was surprised. I got the engram, the hand cannon bounty, and the precision kills bounties all done.

Believe me: If I can do it, anyone can. It's tough. It's laughable really. I just decided I didn't give a damn and once I did that it just rolled.

On a few of them when I got two kills that was a BIG deal. LOL. Some of the teams we went against did the suicide routine so we benefitted from that, too.

Last edited:
Went flawless for the first time on all 3 characters +1. Just proves to me that if there's at least worthwhile loot then the population will be high enough to actually get people in the playlist. Trials basically felt to me how it should feel (mostly easy games up to 5, hard games on 5/6/7). Didn't land my god roll Adept Sola Scar (Relentless/Chain) but got Tireless/Chain. I do have a non-adept relentless chain but wanted to put adept big ones on it.

like this
https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1373672549708525568?s=20

Yup.

So I need a seventh win in Trials to get a piece of Pinnacle gear. I don't know if I can pull it off but I can try once these issues are gone.

You're damned good if you are doing flawless in Trials.

You're time is better off used LFGing a run of DSC for 4 pinnacle drops than trying to go flawless for one, at least if you're as bad as I am. The most wins Ive had on a card is 4 since ToO came out in D2.

like this
I tried the jump off the map approach for trials just to get the bounty done, after one match I gave up....felt gross just throwing matches

Agreed. Some of the guys I LFG'd with suggested we do it, but they were rare. Certainly don't judge those who choose it, but sounds boring to me. Besides, I wanted Tokens for a chance at a better roll.

Took about 5 hours for me to grind out all the Bounties but the "multi-kill" Weekly on all 3 characters. Most rounds we just got run over, but occasionally we'd get a fairly evenly matched team. Had 5 teams that were jumpers, but never more than 2 on a single Card. Never did get 3 wins. All 3 Cards had 2 wins and 2 losses when we'd get the sweatiest team match-making could conjure up. It is Trials, this is what it's meant for. Us Bounty Hunters are just interlopers after the crumbs that fall. I can only do this to myself on rare occasion, and after this weekend, I know it will be a while before I'll be able to endure it again.

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1373672549708525568?s=20

^^ Yup. Server issues. I got currant.

So I need a seventh win in Trials to get a piece of Pinnacle gear. I don't know if I can pull it off but I can try once these issues are gone.

You're damned good if you are doing flawless in Trials.
I honestly wouldn't consider myself really "good" in Trials.

My stats:

https://destinytrialsreport.com/report/3/4611686018468150087

I'd say game sense/team synergy is way more important than pure gun skill. Though if you're the type who hates PVP, it's hard to stomach putting hours and hours into PVP to develop game sense :D (1062 hrs in Crucible, total 1852 hrs logged in Steam overall.) If you can maintain a 1.0 K/D (not KDA) then with the right team you can go flawless.

I honestly wouldn't consider myself really "good" in Trials.

My stats:

https://destinytrialsreport.com/report/3/4611686018468150087

I'd say game sense/team synergy is way more important than pure gun skill. Though if you're the type who hates PVP, it's hard to stomach putting hours and hours into PVP to develop game sense :D (1062 hrs in Crucible, total 1852 hrs logged in Steam overall.) If you can maintain a 1.0 K/D (not KDA) then with the right team you can go flawless.

You're definitely right about team synergy being absolutely critical. I myself have benefitted directly and believe you me... I ain' that good.

You're definitely right about team synergy being absolutely critical. I myself have benefitted directly and believe you me... I ain' that good.

Yeah I just wanted to be encouraging to folks, too often I see on other places that people lament how Trials is for the "sweatiest" and only "good" players will ever go flawless. I think in other game type modes that might be true but in Elim as long as you're at some decent level of skill then you stand a chance. There's a reason why streamers used to be able to do things like double carries. If it was any other mode then I don't think that's possible.

What I think Bungie really needs to do is to put a stop on recoveries (and this is not to say they shouldnt firstly focus on dealing with cheaters). For those not in the know, recoveries are where you generally pay someone who is good to log into your account to play your character to get to the lighthouse. In other games this is called like piloting (I think that's the WoW pvp term?) and is usually a bannable offense. If you stop streamers from doing recovs and force them to do carries, then I think it'll help curb the thinking that only way to get flawless or high win cards is to pay for recoveries which will then help the population. True Vanguard did a video about this and got a considerable amount of flak from the recovery community (given that it's directly impacting their bottom line). But without Bungie doing something about recoveries and even somewhat turning a blind eye to it (dmg, one of their community devs, plays often with known streamers who do recoveries on stream), then it's just a vicious cycle that eats the Trials population further and further.

like this
Managed to gild my dredgen title. It's neat for now, but don't really see a need to do that again season after season.

Got my 3 rolls of the Igneous Hammer (by actually playing trials). The gun feels amazing. I got one with outlaw/ofa and it's great in pve....for a hand cannon at least. My other two are junk rolls. No need to grind any longer for a Bottom Dollar as I don't believe a good BD actually exists.

Also tried to solo the 1300 nightfall which ended up being a lot easier than I thought. Did it solo/flawless/platinum. It was a good time.

That NF..or any...solo flawless platinum at 1300 I'm trying to imagine how you did it. I don't suppose you have video of that do you?

I don't have video, sorry. It really wasn't that bad. Give it a shot! I ran night watch with explosive payload, riskrunner, and a new rl with lasting impression.

I don't have video, sorry. It really wasn't that bad. Give it a shot! I ran night watch with explosive payload, riskrunner, and a new rl with lasting impression.

Esoterik has several good videos on soloing Grand Master, with each class, that could also be applied to 1300. I don't know if I have the patience for it, but I've done a few 1300 Lost Sectors, so maybe. I should be GM eligible after reset (only 1321 right now), so I'll be trying it out. I'll also be doing a butt ton of over-time at work all through April, so I'm paying one of the young guys in my Clan to run some when I can't. He is building his first PC himself, so we're helping each other out. He did some of this before Sun Setting when I was worried about not getting Anarchy, Terebah or Divinity. I ended up getting Divinity legit, but he got the other 2 for me while I was doing 80hr weeks (which sucked).

Last edited:
like this
So, this is lame. To gild Conqueror, you basically need to earn it completely again. I thought Bungie said it wasn't going to be this way in a past TWAB... Once you gild it you'll have so little time to even show it off so what's the point? We just finished our "each subclass" triumph then basically have to run this weeks again to get Fallen SABER then do each of them this season so that'll be 3 weeks before it resets again when the season ends on May 11th.

1616470951577.png

I played some Survival last night for the Seasonal Triumph. I was dreading it, but I actually had a good time. I'm guessing because most the real Sweats were in ToO, but I ended several matches in the top spot with >10 K/D. That is unheard of for me. I was using Dead Man's Tale & Felwinters on a Behemoth Titan if that tells you anything, but I usually need all that crutch just to get a couple kills a round.

Then I went into Control for the Pinnacle reward (Warlock main) and was put back in my place. Still had fun though.

I need to spend time with Felwinter and finally get the "slide, instakill" technique down that I've been felled with so many damned times.

I tried GM Nightfall tonight and it's absolutely insane.

I need to spend time with Felwinter and finally get the "slide, instakill" technique down that I've been felled with so many damned times.

I tried GM Nightfall tonight and it's absolutely insane.

So, I got suckered into another run but we decided on a boss melt strat instead of trying to actually do the final room fight. Almost didn't work.

Impressive. I'd love to see the power ratings and loadouts used for that run. We kept dying in the room with the two tanks, the champs, and all that.

Getting the boss done hard and fast is the only way I could see surviving what's usually a tough and annoying fight in normal circumstances if allowed to drag out. I can only imagine what it's like in a 1350 nightmare with all of those conditions.

Last edited:
Impressive. I'd love to see the power ratings and loadouts used for that run. We kept dying in the room with the two tanks, the champs, and all that.

Getting the boss done hard and fast is the only way I could see surviving what's usually a tough and annoying fight in normal circumstances if allowed to drag out. I can only imagine what it's like in a 1350 nightmare with all of those conditions.

For that specific run we wanted to sword melt so all the mods to support that were used. Lucent Blade, Passive Guard (OP as hell), Focusing Lens, a well and a bubble and all the possible ways to get charged with light. Everyone was also rocking Protective Light because it's almost essential in GM's to stay alive.

We all had Anti-Barrier Sniper and either hand cannons or pulses for unstoppable.

like this
Back