Destiny 2

The champion kills weekly challenge can be completed half way through a 1330 Master Nightfall. The gambit one we tackle tonight.. something tells me that's going to be more than a nights work.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
19 Hero + 6 Legend + 5 Master = 1 Palindrome drop.

the one drop I got was ok, outlaw + one for all, but that is some very stingy rng. It’s not even fun at this point.

like this
The Gambit seasonal challenge requirement is an unwelcome slog. The Crucible Showdown is a "light" slog of frustration. More reasonable even when losing.

The Gambit seasonal challenge requirement is an unwelcome slog. The Crucible Showdown is a "light" slog of frustration. More reasonable even when losing.
What do we have to do in Showdown this week?

like this
If you are still trying to get the new Exotic Chest piece for any of your characters, today (3-10) is a good day to do it. Velez Labarinth is the Legendary Lost Sector, one of the shortest LS'. I will be trying to get a drop for my Hunter tonight after work.

EDIT: OR, lol... for those under a minute runs you could always try this:

Last edited:
I think the 4th Horseman catalyst is not currently available. I remember getting it a couple seasons back when the gun came out.

We need to try some more 12 man nightfalls. That was way too much fun the other day.

I think the 4th Horseman catalyst is not currently available. I remember getting it a couple seasons back when the gun came out.

We need to try some more 12 man nightfalls. That was way too much fun the other day.

I'm down for any of it. Maybe some people can finally help me finish off the Divinity quest. I would love to finally get that weapon. :)

The champion kills weekly challenge can be completed half way through a 1330 Master Nightfall. The gambit one we tackle tonight.. something tells me that's going to be more than a nights work.
I have run one gambit match

I'm down for any of it. Maybe some people can finally help me finish off the Divinity quest. I would love to finally get that weapon. :)

I'll be on tonight, im down for some 12 man shenanigans. Ran Last Wish last night with 12 people, it was insanity

like this
Did 4 hours of gambit last night. Was at 11638 to start and Legend is 12000. Got there quickly enough but then sat at 14648 for probably 2 hours since you gain no infamy for losses in Legend rank.

So, a full reset into Gambit this season so far and one thing is abundantly clear. If there are 2-4 Titans on the other team, unless you have a godtier invader you're going to lose. 2-4 Missile Titans pop super with that chest piece, that one arc artifact mod and a debuff on the boss and that Primeval is dead. Instantly.

Also I received 1.... ONE Bottom Dollar in a full reset of Gambit so 15k Infamy.

like this
Did 4 hours of gambit last night. Was at 11638 to start and Legend is 12000. Got there quickly enough but then sat at 14648 for probably 2 hours since you gain no infamy for losses in Legend rank.

So, a full reset into Gambit this season so far and one thing is abundantly clear. If there are 2-4 Titans on the other team, unless you have a godtier invader you're going to lose. 2-4 Missile Titans pop super with that chest piece, that one arc artifact mod and a debuff on the boss and that Primeval is dead. Instantly.

Also I received 1.... ONE Bottom Dollar in a full reset of Gambit so 15k Infamy.

It's nuts. I feel like the RNG has mostly taken Bottom Dollar off the table. I continue to see absurd imbalance issues in Gambit. This is a real grudge job and slog for me.

It's nuts. I feel like the RNG has mostly taken Bottom Dollar off the table. I continue to see absurd imbalance issues in Gambit. This is a real grudge job and slog for me.
Make sure you use the Gambit ghost for a chance at an extra legendary.

I'm at ~37k total infamy this season and I have 12 so far. 1 usable for pvp.

like this
Make sure you use the Gambit ghost for a chance at an extra legendary.

I'm at ~37k total infamy this season and I have 12 so far. 1 usable for pvp.

I've gotten a few good BD drops but certainly not that many...of course then again considering how little I typically play Gambit I feel like the RNG has been pretty good to me on that overall.

Dang- does it say when it's rotating out?

I'm guessing reset tomorrow.

--

Putzed around the Dreaming City last night trying to get an updated Waking Vigil with Dragonfly on it. Did get a WV drop from one of the Bounties, but no Dragonfly. Only had about 90 minutes to play, so it was nice just to have some low effort stuff to mess with. Probably try again tonight. Usually doing 12's on the weekends, so don't get much time to play. Was hoping to get more 12 man shenanigans in before they fixed it, but I suppose I'll live. :cry:

Last edited:
I'm guessing reset tomorrow.

--

Putzed around the Dreaming City last night trying to get an updated Waking Vigil with Dragonfly on it. Did get a WV drop from one of the Bounties, but no Dragonfly. Only had about 90 minutes to play, so it was nice just to have some low effort stuff to mess with. Probably try again tonight. Usually doing 12's on the weekends, so don't get much time to play. Was hoping to get more 12 man shenanigans in before they fixed it, but I suppose I'll live. :cry:
It's kinda crazy that I want to go grind out DC weapons again now that we know sunsetting is gone (mainly for a usable WV and primarily my old god roll Retold). Something about retold's model and feel just resonate with me. Been playing way more Destiny 2 than I imagined after the announcement (mostly gambit and pvp these days for BD And Frozen Orbits)

It's kinda crazy that I want to go grind out DC weapons again now that we know sunsetting is gone (mainly for a usable WV and primarily my old god roll Retold). Something about retold's model and feel just resonate with me. Been playing way more Destiny 2 than I imagined after the announcement (mostly gambit and pvp these days for BD And Frozen Orbits)

I know what you mean. I don't particularly sync with Hand Cannons in this game, but I love Waking Vigil and Ancient Gospel for some reason. They are my "looks cool" choices, where most everything else revolves more around perks and stats. I have never gotten a decently rolled Retold Tale, but now is as good a time as any. Maybe I'll find a nice Sleepless along the way.

like this
Ancient Gospel is "more or less" like having an Ace of Spades in your energy slot. If you like that then I can guaran-damn-tee you will or should like Ace. Ace is still on my favorite shortlist.

Ancient Gospel is "more or less" like having an Ace of Spades in your energy slot. If you like that then I can guaran-damn-tee you will or should like Ace. Ace is still on my favorite shortlist.
I'm not sure if it's my roll that's terrible but I do not like how Ancient feels at all. Similar to how I have a pretty good Igenous Hammer but I much prefer my Bottom Dollar due to feel/sound of the gun.

I'm not sure if it's my roll that's terrible but I do not like how Ancient feels at all. Similar to how I have a pretty good Igenous Hammer but I much prefer my Bottom Dollar due to feel/sound of the gun.
If I dont like how a gun sounds I cant use it. Hand cannons suffer the worst IMO. Some sound like a literal cannon and thats how they should sound. Some sound like a suppressed .22 I cant stand to use Hawkmoon just because how it sounds.

Yup subjective tastes matter the most. I'm talking about "on paper." I like alternating a pretty good BD roll with my god roll Pali. Very apple vs oranges.

I guess I should soften my "guarantee" language although I think something is wrong with anyone that doesn't like Ace. ;)

Played about a dozen gambit matches today and got 3 Bottom Dollars from rounds alone. Did they manage to buff the drops on those? They were trash rolls, but I’ll take getting meh rolls more often than not seeing something for most of a way through a reset.

Played about a dozen gambit matches today and got 3 Bottom Dollars from rounds alone. Did they manage to buff the drops on those? They were trash rolls, but I’ll take getting meh rolls more often than not seeing something for most of a way through a reset.
Nope just RNG. This last reset I did I had zero bottom dollars on the way up. Previous one? 5-6 or so. Now about 1/4th into my 4th reset, nothing yet still.

Sepiks Prime at 1300 and up is gon' get ugly. I'll try one of those Grandmasters but... damn...

https://twitter.com/A_dmg04/status/1371894245531918339?s=20

1615923156081.png

Patch notes: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50186

Last edited:
The Swarm. Outlaw. Vorpal. Nice drop on a 1300 NF run. Wow that's tough at 1300 but we did it. I used Wither for crowd control (someone on the team has to do crowd control ) Arsenic bow for arc and then code duello for solar and boss. (probably botched spellings.) I'm going to be milking that this week.

I really, really love Grandmaster Nightfalls. Pushes your team to the limits of builds, mods and tactics. Having to make use of some of the most obscure yet incredibly powerful mod/perk synergies Bungie puts in the game to survive and conquer.. that Conqueror title really lives up to the name.

For this one, like most, one or more Banner Shield Titans is almost necessary and with Ursa's, you can chain shields back to back. One of my favorite mods this season, Anti-Barrier Sniper, also incredibly useful. Trying to break a GM level Champions shield with a primary weapon sucks in comparison.

I suggest everyone give this weeks a shot, just take it slow and if you're new to GM's, watch a video first. Only prerequisite is that you get to 1325 power or it won't let you launch so if you're low on infusion fuel, infuse wisely if you decide to change your loadout later on.

Frost was memeing for half this run and it was no problem.

I am 1323 or some such. I'll grunt and get there. The seasonal challenge requires a run and win in there as of this week. I'd like to try it at least once just so I can laugh.

I've been a huge warmind cell fan since they came out but recently I delved into Wrath of Rasputin and Rage of the Warmind in combination with Ticcu's + solar rocket with chain reaction. If you like warmind cells and want your warmind cells to spawn warmind cells, this build is absolutely hilarious.

Seems that every rocket spawns a warmind cell and sometimes the chain reaction blast will trigger the warmind cell to explode killing absolutely everything in the room. Just can't help but giggle as you're clearing whole rooms in a wave of explosions.

The heavy can swap out with Xeno or even One Thousand Voices for more explosive fun.

like this
I've been a huge warmind cell fan since they came out but recently I delved into Wrath of Rasputin and Rage of the Warmind in combination with Ticcu's + solar rocket with chain reaction. If you like warmind cells and want your warmind cells to spawn warmind cells, this build is absolutely hilarious.

Seems that every rocket spawns a warmind cell and sometimes the chain reaction blast will trigger the warmind cell to explode killing absolutely everything in the room. Just can't help but giggle as you're clearing whole rooms in a wave of explosions.

The heavy can swap out with Xeno or even One Thousand Voices for more explosive fun.

Does all that hurt and kill the players, too? ;) I am overdue to pay closer attention to the Warmind mods and cells. I've been neglecting those. GM won't let someone even in there unless they are 1325 so hopefully I can get that done. Even 1330 is going to be rough so I'm paying attention to all tips.

Does all that hurt and kill the players, too? ;) I am overdue to pay closer attention to the Warmind mods and cells. I've been neglecting those. GM won't let someone even in there unless they are 1325 so hopefully I can get that done. Even 1330 is going to be rough so I'm paying attention to all tips.
Highly suggest watching this. Fallout recently polled the community about what they don't understand and would like a video on and warmind cells was the top response. They're incredibly powerful and not difficult to use.

Last edited:
Back