Destiny 2

Seems like its only for Beyond light gear though? Mentions something about season 13 gear being able to be carried into the next expansion. Unless I misunderstood, my old gear is still sunset but perhaps new gear won't be.
People have already scrapped their old gear. It would cause a shitstorm if they suddenly turned around and said "old" stuff was just allowed to continue existing.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
The normal version makes great practice.
The Bee error was the same one I got when I made a solo master attempt and was booted out.

Nice! I have you to make a run through that raid. My clan is all but dead now.

I want to start raiding. Way overdue.

I know it's old news but got my first DSC clear last night, checked the destiny 2 app and went to lfg and someone was looking for 5 noobs with no clears to teach for a stream. Took about 2 hours but the guy was super patient and we cleared the whole raid. Didn't get much in loot but got a good 5-6 power level bump from all the new armor and weapons (non were better than my gear stat wise unfortunately).

I haven't attempted it either. Some day.

--

Wow, huge news out of today's State of the Game. I like it, I'm excited again! Sunsetting was going to drive me away at some point, as was the constant power level grind. Good news all around. The story plan and the longevity of it caught me a bit by surprise, but I'm as excited about that as anything! Great stuff!!

Last edited:
like this
DSC is a great experience. The mechanics aren't too complicated, and by the 2nd-3rd time through you'll have it figured out. It's closer to Scourge of the Past (easy / fun) in terms of difficulty rather than Crown of Sorrows (challenging mechanics)

If you guys are looking for an active clan / discord, we usually have people on during most UK / US time zones, and lots of the guys are willing to sherpa the dungeons / raids (including me!) and doing challenges and triumphs, too. Been part of them since year 1, great group of people.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/258121479

Much appreciated TheCur, hopefully someone here can take advantage of it. Wish I could.

My problem, unfortunately, isn't lack of an active and helpful Clan, but my own schedule. Work ensures I play solo 90% of the time. This means I might get an opportunity roughly once a month to do coordinate an event like that, but repeat runs rarely happen. I have done 3 of the Raids, and even those were 1-4 times total in my 1300+ hrs of game time. Same with Dungeons. I keep expecting things to get better, but it just seems to be getting worse. It is not easy finding triple figure income as an old, non-degree having dude, so "find another job" isn't as viable for me. Regardless, I would still like to try it at some point, but I'm usually waaaaay behind the curve.

like this
I haven't attempted it either. Some day.

--

Wow, huge news out of today's State of the Game. I like it, I'm excited again! Sunsetting was going to drive me away at some point, as was the constant power level grind. Good news all around. The story plan and the longevity of it caught me a bit by surprise, but I'm as excited about that as anything! Great stuff!!

I was absolutely thrilled to hear about sunsetting going away and the power grind being made lighter. Those two things honestly kept me away from the game this season so far, now I'll probably get more into it.

I'm happy with everything I read out of that. This has been a pretty darned good season overall. I don't have any complaints to speak of.

Much appreciated TheCur, hopefully someone here can take advantage of it. Wish I could.

My problem, unfortunately, isn't lack of an active and helpful Clan, but my own schedule. Work ensures I play solo 90% of the time. This means I might get an opportunity roughly once a month to do coordinate an event like that, but repeat runs rarely happen. I have done 3 of the Raids, and even those were 1-4 times total in my 1300+ hrs of game time. Same with Dungeons. I keep expecting things to get better, but it just seems to be getting worse. It is not easy finding triple figure income as an old, non-degree having dude, so "find another job" isn't as viable for me. Regardless, I would still like to try it at some point, but I'm usually waaaaay behind the curve.

Hit me up in game if you want for anything. We could totally jump in a D2 PC LFG DSC group, those happen ALL of the time. Don't be worried about not knowing what to do, I can easily talk you through the whole thing, and most groups are newbie friendly.

Steam Friend Code is 402902032, feel free to add me. (anyone really... just let me know who you are, I get a lot of adds)

For DSC all you need is really 90 minutes for a slow run, but I've dragged low light / low experienced RL friends from my place of work through DSC in a clan group in under 45 minutes :)

Don't forget that DSC and Last Wish have chests you can get to for free weekly loot on each character*

* - For loot from DSC, you will only get loot you have gotten from a boss, so if you haven't looted anything, don't bother yet; From LW, Warlocks and Titans can get 2 free chests, Hunters can get only 1

Hit me up in game if you want for anything. We could totally jump in a D2 PC LFG DSC group, those happen ALL of the time. Don't be worried about not knowing what to do, I can easily talk you through the whole thing, and most groups are newbie friendly.

Steam Friend Code is 402902032, feel free to add me. (anyone really... just let me know who you are, I get a lot of adds)

I'm ValguardTVE5676 and sent you an invite.

Hit me up in game if you want for anything....

Appreciate all of that, and will send you a Friend Request next time I'm on Steam. I ran the free chests when it first came out to get the Mods, but have never done a completion to get any loot. Would love to get some of the those! Perhaps I'll see who is up for what next weekend (3/6 - 3/7) when I have time off next.

--

While I was doing my weeklies, I had a Bottom Dollar with Feeding Frenzy and Multikill Clip drop. I rarely ever use Hand Canons, but I threw it in my Vault given how rare they seem to be. I also got a Palidrome with Subsistence and Rangefinder. Both meh according to Light.gg, but whatever. They will probably sit there until the next cool thing replaces them, lol.

Last edited:
Appreciate all of that, and will send you a Friend Request next time I'm on Steam. I ran the free chests when it first came out to get the Mods, but have never done a completion to get any loot. Would love to get some of the those! Perhaps I'll see who is up for what next weekend (3/6 - 3/7) when I have time off next.

--

While I was doing my weeklies, I had a Bottom Dollar with Feeding Frenzy and Multikill Clip drop. I rarely ever use Hand Canons, but I threw it in my Vault given how rare they seem to be. I also got a Palidrome with Subsistence and Rangefinder. Both meh according to Light.gg, but whatever. They will probably sit there until the next cool thing replaces them, lol.

Don't get too hung up on "god rolls"... just about every activity in the game can be completed without having a 100/100/100 + god rolled meta weapons + perfect warmind cell build. Things like Grandmasters will be harder, but they are still doable. Chasing the god rolls is the grind, but somewhere along the line people started thinking if you don't have slug / slug / anarchy you can't complete Taniks. When in reality it's, if you don't have the meta, you just can't single phase it, it's still 100% doable. People are just in such a rush to get shit done they don't want to have to "wait".

I just did several Trials with two guys... we got streamrolled hard and fast even trying to coordinate. Clearly the people playing in this are at another level. Shotties, snipers...we went down hard and fast. Everything was so kinetic and fast and it didn't matter what the hell I was using. I felt like I had no defense or offense.

Anything that is already sunset will stay that way so all our pinacle weapons like recluse and redrix are sol but anything that is currently viable in-game will no longer be sunset.

Thanks, though I don't buy the no longer be sunset if they didn't bring back what they sunset, sounds to much like a corporate lie to cover a bad PR reaction.

I just did several Trials with two guys... we got streamrolled hard and fast even trying to coordinate. Clearly the people playing in this are at another level. Shotties, snipers...we went down hard and fast. Everything was so kinetic and fast and it didn't matter what the hell I was using. I felt like I had no defense or offense.

Fridays are the worst days to play Trials. All the Sweats are getting their Flawless out of the way. Sunday is best for us Casuals. Even then my odds are 30/70, lol.

like this
Fridays are the worst days to play Trials. All the Sweats are getting their Flawless out of the way. Sunday is best for us Casuals. Even then my odds are 30/70, lol.

It was this morning so... yeah. LOL. I'll take more shots at it but I have a feeling it won't matter what day I do it on. Yikes.

It was this morning so... yeah. LOL. I'll take more shots at it but I have a feeling it won't matter what day I do it on. Yikes.

When I LFG I make sure to tell them I'm just farming for the Bounty cuz I'm OLD and SLOW! :ROFLMAO:

I usually get a pretty casual crowd that's just glad to not be kicked or judged over every little thing. Makes Trials bearable for guys like me.

like this
Q-BZ and I along with a random player I dont know got through heroic presage with barely a minute to spare. My next goal is to get through pit of heresy for Xeno, been on that last step forever.

Q-BZ and I along with a random player I dont know got through heroic presage with barely a minute to spare. My next goal is to get through pit of heresy for Xeno, been on that last step forever.

That was a good run. Xeno is AWESOME. It's a boss killing must have. It also took down those solar shields real fast in that Master Presage like you saw last night. Having a team with at least one Witherhoard and one Xeno is a must have for... aww hell...just about anything come to think of it.

That was a good run. Xeno is AWESOME. It's a boss killing must have. It also took down those solar shields real fast in that Master Presage like you saw last night. Having a team with at least one Witherhoard and one Xeno is a must have for... aww hell...just about anything come to think of it.
Xeno has been aquired

I'm convinced this weeks nightfall has no specific loot that drops. The machine gun does not exist. I have yet to see any proof. That rare of a weapon drop is just deflating. I would see more Spare Rations in The Reckoning that I've seen drops of nightfall/gambit weapons this season.

I'm convinced this weeks nightfall has no specific loot that drops. The machine gun does not exist. I have yet to see any proof. That rare of a weapon drop is just deflating. I would see more Spare Rations in The Reckoning that I've seen drops of nightfall/gambit weapons this season.

Absolutely tied to the difficulty level. At 1330 The Swarm was dropping roughly every other run after 10 back to back runs for our fireteam.

like this
Ya, I know. I've done around 25-ish 1270's this week and not a single drop. I think last week out of the 10 or so Legend runs I did I only had 1 Palindrome drop. I think it just makes it worse that I don't care for this Nightfall and it's just exagerating the issue.

like this
My cousin plays a lot of Destiny 2, doing lot of raids and stuff. I've never played but I watched him play and it looked like a decent game with lot of content. Not a MMO though, so I think it's less interesting.

Figured out last night that warden of nothing probably isnt a good choice for your first ever master nightfall attempt. It was ugly, I'm still traumatized. Soooo many adds capable of one shotting you coming from all directions.

like this
Figured out last night that warden of nothing probably isnt a good choice for your first ever master nightfall attempt. It was ugly, I'm still traumatized. Soooo many adds capable of one shotting you coming from all directions.

It's nuts. I'm sorry I had to bail on that but I was right at the deadline to leave the house and it was obvious that it just wasn't going to get done in time. I hate that mission anyways...that was insane. I'll make that up to you because I'm not the kind of person that normally just cuts and runs and leaves people hanging.

It's nuts. I'm sorry I had to bail on that but I was right at the deadline to leave the house and it was obvious that it just wasn't going to get done in time. I hate that mission anyways...that was insane. I'll make that up to you because I'm not the kind of person that normally just cuts and runs and leaves people hanging.
No worries man, I'd rather try it and fail/have to leave with a chill fireteam than with a group of sweaty try hards. Getting killed 1000 times doesnt bother me

like this
So after about another 10 nightfalls I managed to get a Swarm drop. I managed to solo/flawless the Harbinger mission within the past couple days and that's really not too bad. I may try for the prophecy dungeon soon. I've solo'd it and flawless'd it during the season where the triumphs were broken, I just need to do them together.

like this
So after about another 10 nightfalls I managed to get a Swarm drop. I managed to solo/flawless the Harbinger mission within the past couple days and that's really not too bad. I may try for the prophecy dungeon soon. I've solo'd it and flawless'd it during the season where the triumphs were broken, I just need to do them together.

I went into Prophecy yesterday and lasted all of 10 minutes. I have no idea how people solo stuff like this. I can't do it.

I went into Prophecy yesterday and lasted all of 10 minutes. I have no idea how people solo stuff like this. I can't do it.
I have gone into prophecy a few times, I can never get the guys you have to kill that drop the motes to come into the light so i can get the light motes.

like this
I got to the boss fight of the cube room solo/flawless and got Bee error'd out. I loaded up again and was at the first boss fight and got anteatered.

Nevermind, forget the solo / flawless after that. lol

So if I see this correctly, we return to regular presage for the "all the scattered pieces triumph" scannables if we've kept up with that. (It looks like I have thanks to everyone's help on here and abroad.)

So if I see this correctly, we return to regular presage for the "all the scattered pieces triumph" scannables if we've kept up with that. (It looks like I have thanks to everyone's help on here and abroad.)

Looks like it. The whole weekly thing with that mission has been a little confusing but I think this is the end of it?

Also the next smuggling compartment for extra progression on the Dead Man catalyst.

That nightfall at 1330.. oof.

It made me cry. We didn't survive the warsat.

1300 was tough enough. I just went through of two of them and racked up some nice rewards and two Shadow Prices.

I still can't believe I did solo presage thanks to that great advice I got: Witherhoard, god Pali, good rocket launcher, right mods and settings.. that was cool.

As far as Presage goes: I really was thinking we were going to get that guardian's ship or some kind of ship, too.

The smuggling compartments. I "think" I have done all of those except for the last one. I need to check that.

It made me cry. We didn't survive the warsat.

1300 was tough enough. I just went through of two of them and racked up some nice rewards and two Shadow Prices.
We wiped a few times at the warsat then found the strat. You have to start it, then immediately get off the plate. Kill everything until things stop spawning then get back on the plate and rinse and repeat, it takes probably 10 minutes for that whole warsat encounter doing it this way but you can't survive just standing on the plate the whole time. Obviously shooting the guns off the Fallen dropships is imperative.

Also Riskrunner. Everyone on Riskrunner.

The smuggling compartments. I "think" I have done all of those except for the last one. I need to check that.

There are 3 so far. There must be a 4th that hasn't come out yet as the triumph isn't complete. Hopefully next week.

Last edited:
like this
Back