Destiny 2

Been playing again after taking Season of the Worthy off. Trying to focus on all the areas that are going away, and try to Raid more (not a fan thus far). Finished the Truth, Xenophage & Malfescence quests after putting them off. Trying to get Divinity, but we end up wiping during the final Boss so many times people start dropping out. Still need Anarchy, Wendigo (I know it's being sunset) and a host of Catalysts. Working ridiculous hours with COVID affecting everything. 76 hrs last week, 72 the week before... just don't have much time or energy for this stuff that often. I'm trying though. Finally did the new Dungeon. The group I was with was kind enough to show me all the Urns and Efigy eyes. Tried to solo Heroic Whisper, but quit after 4 failed attempts. May see if the Sperpa that has been helping me will give me a hand. Anyway, hope you all are staying healthy.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I havent played more than 10-20 minutes of Destiny for the past week or so. I should be working on farming raids. Been playing the shit out of Star Wars The Old Republic.

Tried Trials for the first time yesterday. Wasn't planning on winning, just needed 3 rounds for the Summoner Bounty (End Game). Got a Moving Target / Rampage roll that wasn't too bad. The two I got on my alts were not as good, but beggers cannot be choosers. Still need to get 3 wins to turn in what few tokens I have. Keep in mind I'm 52 yrs old and working 70+ hr weeks atm, so my contributions to each round are usually minimal. If I get a kill and don't die right away, its a good round for me.

Last edited:
Tried Trials for the first time yesterday. Wasn't planning on winning, just needed 3 rounds for the Summoner Bounty (End Game). Got a Moving Target / Rampage roll that wasn't too bad. The two I got on my alts were not as good, but beggers cannot be choosers. Still need to get 3 wins to turn in what few tokens I have. Keep in mind I'm 52 yrs old and working 70+ hr weeks atm, so my contributions to each round are usually minimal. If I get a kill and don't die right away, its a good round for me.

I actually haven't played since they changed the reward system. Prior you couldn't get anything at all without 3 wins, there werent any bounties. I have a Moving Target/Rampage summoner as well, its not bad.

I never made it past 5 wins but that's fine, i'm just not meant for a flawless i guess, haha. Nice job getting in there though!

So a goal was Conqueror this season or at the very least, routinely run GM Nightfalls to stock up on Ascendant Shards. Week one The Corrupted was a disaster. That Nightfall is an order of magnitude harder than the last two, Savathuns Song and Lake of Shadows. Last night we ran 6 Lake of Shadow's runs back to back taking about 22-25 minutes each and I got a double drop of Shards each time. That's 12 shards from one night of playing. I'm quite happy with the return there.

Oh and here is my on the first run getting booped to death in a totally avoidable situation. Needless to say I looked both ways on subsequent runs.

https://streamable.com/okctxr

Been trying to grind out all the stuff that is going away next season. I do mean grind too. I hate grindy content; I'd just as soon go play PvP than play a Strike or adventure over and over. Still, I've managed to wrap up 5 different Exotic quests recently that had been hanging over my head forever. Just got Jotun and Le Monarque, finished Xenophage & Malfescence last week. Still need to finish Divinity & Acrius yet, but getting a group together on my schedule is a challenge (night shift, 70+hr weeks currently). All the random Raid stuff I don't even know how to deal with,, I'll probably never get Anarchy or Thousand Voices.. Also spent some time in the Castellum banging out Catalysts. I had to look up how to finish my Tribute Hall for Juju's Cat. Seems I need to do a bunch of Menagerie to get Calus gear so I can wear it for all the other activities. The list never ends with this game.

Tried Iron Banner again tonight for this week. 3 matches, obvious cheaters. No more for me, I think this is the first time I've really seen it this bad.

On a plus side, 1 week from tomorrow and I'll have me the Harbingers echo. Been wanting that thing for a while but couldn't commit.

Tried Iron Banner again tonight for this week. 3 matches, obvious cheaters. No more for me, I think this is the first time I've really seen it this bad.

On a plus side, 1 week from tomorrow and I'll have me the Harbingers echo. Been wanting that thing for a while but couldn't commit.
yup, I played enough to get my 4 bounties done for the bounty rewards and that was it, on a plus side I got the quest done to unlock my witherhorde catalyst so hurray! lol

edit: went to the moon and 1 man tier 1 and 2 sorrows over and over with wither and got my catalyst in 20 min lol

Last edited:
Event has started today, I'm about 85% done progressing my blue (renewed) armor. Just have adventures and crucible kills to go now. Just a big fyi, if you have the requirement for orbs in crucible/gambit it does not work in gambit prime! You can only generate orbs in regular gambit, I was getting about 30 orbs per round, took 2 matches to get the 100 needed.

My goal is to hit majestic and buy the glow with bright dust, the glow costs 6000 bright dust and im sitting just shy of 13k lol

Last edited:
So last Monday a storm rolled through my State with over 100 mph winds. I legit thought we were having a tornado. I came out of it with minimal damage (lost a tree and my garage door), but there are a ton or people with trees through their roofs, windows out, vehicles destroyed, and we have been without power or cell phone service for 2 days. I just got basic service back tonight and am posting this from my phone. No power at home yet, but still have to go to work where we have generators. Charging my phone as I type this.

In any respect, haven't been able to log in for a couple days so I haven't started on Soltice yet. Eager to jump in... after I replace everything in my fridge and replace my door. Already feel like I'm "behind". This game truly is an addiction.

EDIT:

Last edited:
Dumb question: If I have the full set of Majestic Solistice Armor from the last time this event was up is there really any point in doing another round on this?

Dumb question: If I have the full set of Majestic Solistice Armor from the last time this event was up is there really any point in doing another round on this?
if you want the glows then grinding out the first upgrade to get to majestic and buying the glow universal ornament all you need, you cant buy the glows until you have upgraded to majestic. Once you do the glows becomes an ornament you can use on ANY new armor not just solstice stuff. If your play regularly you probably have more than enough bright dust, its 6000 dust per class for the glows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Got all the white glows but the legs on my warlock (main). No desire to do that again for the other characters. Really don't wanna do trials for the last piece. I guess it's a good thing I run transversive steps 99% of the time so I don't really care as much.

Any idea if the solstice set is supposed to become masterworked upon getting all the glows completed?

It's a different set of armor with a different appearance and different stats. The bad part about the Solstice armor from last year is that the stats were comically bad. Most of it had 48 stat points or less in some cases. It was horrendous and basically vendor trash. It's also super old in that it doesn't accept seasonal mods that are relevant to the current content. In short, the armor from last year is crap. This armor has a chance at being better. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say its worth it, but at least there are the ornaments. If you like the style, you can use them on any gear past present and future.

Got all the white glows but the legs on my warlock (main). No desire to do that again for the other characters. Really don't wanna do trials for the last piece. I guess it's a good thing I run transversive steps 99% of the time so I don't really care as much.

Any idea if the solstice set is supposed to become masterworked upon getting all the glows completed?

It's masterworked the same way it was last year. Essentially, anyway. Also, after your first character is done, there is a x2 and x3 multiplier for your second and third characters making the process less daunting a second or third time around.

Well, I did it. I got mountaintop. As with Revoker, I will now never touch pvp again...ever...for any reason lol. Started the grenade launcher kills in momentum control Saturday and wrapped up the comp/Fabled part this morning.

Tomorrow is sparrow day too (Harbinger's Echo).

Well, I did it. I got mountaintop. As with Revoker, I will now never touch pvp again...ever...for any reason lol. Started the grenade launcher kills in momentum control Saturday and wrapped up the comp/Fabled part this morning.

Tomorrow is sparrow day too (Harbinger's Echo).

I'm nearly done with Redrix's Broadsword and Luna's Howl. I have Revoker and the Recluse. I'm making OK progress on Mountaintop, but that one's a slog. To be honest, I have no idea why I give a shit with the sunsetting, but I suppose these weapons will still be viable in standard Crucible playlists, so there is that.

Well, dangit. I forgot about those guns. If I start playing pvp again for Luna's I will blame you, Dan.

Honestly, with the extended season it's been nice to catch up on things I've been wanting for a while and never took the time.

With the mountaintop grenade kills I went on a streak where I had 100% of the medals, 100% or the regular kills, but I was stuck at 84% of the multikill part for about 10 matches and I just about quit it. I have like 13 Rumble matches left on whatever step i'm on with Redrix. Not sure I'm motivated for that one yet.

Well, dangit. I forgot about those guns. If I start playing pvp again for Luna's I will blame you, Dan.

Honestly, with the extended season it's been nice to catch up on things I've been wanting for a while and never took the time.

With the mountaintop grenade kills I went on a streak where I had 100% of the medals, 100% or the regular kills, but I was stuck at 84% of the multikill part for about 10 matches and I just about quit it. I have like 13 Rumble matches left on whatever step i'm on with Redrix. Not sure I'm motivated for that one yet.

Oh, and I'm a ways off on Randy's Throwing Knife. I absolutely fucking hate the way scout rifles feel. I can only put up with them in Momentum Control. So, I haven't progressed that quest all that much. I just need the kills. I'm not even to the half way point. I don't know that I'll ever get this one done.

Oh, and I'm a ways off on Randy's Throwing Knife. I absolutely fucking hate the way scout rifles feel. I can only put up with them in Momentum Control. So, I haven't progressed that quest all that much. I just need the kills. I'm not even to the half way point. I don't know that I'll ever get this one done.
I found jade rabbit worked great if momentum control isnt running, honestly I got my randy's completely by surprise. i was just in a scout rifle mode at the time and was maining jade rabbit for a few weeks and suddenly it popped for me lol

I've found momentum control incredible for those weapons and catalyst progression. Without it, I probably would have never finished Jade Rabbit and Vigilance Wing's catalysts.

Sadly I'm at the part on Redrix where I need 25 survival, 25 control and 25 rumble. Just takes forever.

I've found momentum control incredible for those weapons and catalyst progression. Without it, I probably would have never finished Jade Rabbit and Vigilance Wing's catalysts.

Sadly I'm at the part on Redrix where I need 25 survival, 25 control and 25 rumble. Just takes forever.

I've got all my Survival and Control matches done. I have one Rumble match done. Since I'm more concerned about Luna's, I'm not really working that hard on getting Redrix's done.

Yep, gonna finish Redrix. Just a couple of rumble matches to go, some bounties, and about 1/3 or a reset left. Not bad.

Well i worked a little on my last reset this morning for Redrix and so far, in Control, I've had -

1. Hunter who spent an entire match in his swish swish knife super.
2. Titan who would teleport directly behind spawning enemies with shotgun and teleport around the map.

and my favorite.

3. A 6 stack with unlimited/rapid fire warcliff coil.

I did have a couple straight rounds though, but man is literally everything sweaty or a blowout anymore.

Well i worked a little on my last reset this morning for Redrix and so far, in Control, I've had -

1. Hunter who spent an entire match in his swish swish knife super.
2. Titan who would teleport directly behind spawning enemies with shotgun and teleport around the map.

and my favorite.

3. A 6 stack with unlimited/rapid fire warcliff coil.

I did have a couple straight rounds though, but man is literally everything sweaty or a blowout anymore.
I've been using arbalest ALOT latley and shutting down supers with that thing is such a satisfying feeling lol

Last edited:
I've just recently gotten rolls on the Cold Denial and the Dire Promise that I've been looking for. Those weapons are great. Nice to have something else to compete with the auto's.

I've just recently gotten rolls on the Cold Denial and the Dire Promise that I've been looking for. Those weapons are great. Nice to have something else to compete with the auto's.
ya, I actually really like cold denial but all my favorite support weapons are kinetic damage (smg, arbalest, my shotty ect) so I have been rocking my Galliard-42 auto rifle and its disgusting. I dont have a "god" roll and it still wipes the floor and feels way better to me than gnawing hunger.

Last edited:
Got the Redrix done. Pretty neat concept. Getting kinda burned out on pvp, but I keep thinking “the grind for Luna can’t be that bad, right?”......ya, sure.

Got the Redrix done. Pretty neat concept. Getting kinda burned out on pvp, but I keep thinking “the grind for Luna can’t be that bad, right?”......ya, sure.

I think the Redrix quest is longer, if i'm not mistaken.

Man, this all brings back memories of just... rage complaining about having to do Comp to get Recluse (pre-nerf). I have used Momentun Control to get kills done on nearly everything so far. I do not have Redrix or Luna's Howl yet, but I did all the others.

Apparently, as much as I complain about PvP, I like it more than Strikes because after 800 hrs, I still only have a little over 100 GL kills towards Wendigo, lol.

Man, this all brings back memories of just... rage complaining about having to do Comp to get Recluse (pre-nerf). I have used Momentun Control to get kills done on nearly everything so far. I do not have Redrix or Luna's Howl yet, but I did all the others.

Apparently, as much as I complain about PvP, I like it more than Strikes because after 800 hrs, I still only have a little over 100 GL kills towards Wendigo, lol.

Man, i'm going to miss the hell out of ole wendy. 6786 kills on mine and I love it.

Have the game and have no idea how do get anywhere in it.
Played for 72min

Yeah, that's a pretty well discussed problem right now. There is little to no direction for new players. If you want something to do now to help learn the game, launch into the tower and run to the Hanger then speak to Amanda Holiday. She has the quest lines to start the campaigns. I would start with the Red War, then Curse of Osiris, finally Warmind.

On November 10th, we start a new year and a new big expansion and Bungie has mentioned they are developing a totally new experience for new players so you might just want to stop back then. If you still want to play now, definitely just do the main campaigns I listed above, those should get you started.

Also ask here, we'll get you some help.

I think the Redrix quest is longer, if i'm not mistaken.

First match this morning we were winning 3-0 then one guy all of a sudden becomes dang near invincible and cleans us all out. Not a single kill on the guy for the next 4 rounds. That's comp for ya. Ya, I'm good.

Redrix I was just able to do passively, getting the handcannon kills in comp is gonna be yuck.

Edit: I'm back in it, just got 18 kills the next match. I may actually do this. I know "quit your complaining and do it already."

Last edited:
Have the game and have no idea how do get anywhere in it.
Played for 72min

This has been many New Light Player's experience unfortunately. Bungie acknowledges it and claims to be working to improve the situation with next expansion. Like Criccio said, a good place to start is with the Campaigns. When you spawn into the Tower after completing the intro mission, hang a sharp left and follow the corridor around until it opens up into a big Hanger. From the stairs, you'll find Amanda Holiday at your 2 o' clock. She has an icon on the map if you have trouble. This will get you started... but you may still find yourself Googling a lot of things. I'm only about a year in, so I remember what it was like.

Made it 52% through the 150 hand cannon kills on Luna in one sitting. This weapon is gonna be a grind. I believe I got 200 solar kills, 3 rumble matches, and 100 precision hand cannon kills left. Gonna pace this one out a bit as comp is frustrating at times.

This has been many New Light Player's experience unfortunately. Bungie acknowledges it and claims to be working to improve the situation with next expansion. Like Criccio said, a good place to start is with the Campaigns. When you spawn into the Tower after completing the intro mission, hang a sharp left and follow the corridor around until it opens up into a big Hanger. From the stairs, you'll find Amanda Holiday at your 2 o' clock. She has an icon on the map if you have trouble. This will get you started... but you may still find yourself Googling a lot of things. I'm only about a year in, so I remember what it was like.

There is a ton to learn. I’m embarrassed to say how long it took me to realize you could lock gear...

There is a ton to learn. I’m embarrassed to say how long it took me to realize you could lock gear...
I'm probably over 3000 hours at this point, i just learned the other week that sparrows have a backup beep. Also you can do tricks in the air.

Not the end of the world but some of these last steps to finish off the Solistice Armor are kind of ridiculous and needless. Beating a dead horse for something that really won't matter much when the new season starts.

7 Trials of Osiris wins? I'll never get that. I've barely gone in there since it came out because I was so bad at it.

Last edited:
Back