Destiny 2

After a year since its release and 4 attempts tonight, finally got flawless Crown of Sorrow done and the Shadow title achieved. With it leaving in a couple months, had to bite the bullet and get it done. Feels good! Now, a solo Pit of Hersey away from Harbinger.

1594444891309.png

Stupid question for spotting Savathun's eyes. I noticed in that video (and I've seen a few myself) some of them are visible without being in nav mode. Is there a ghost, a piece of gear, or anything I should be wearing to spot those as easily and efficiently as possible? I am probably going to be married to that video to get it done the most efficiently.

Last edited:
Stupid question for spotting Savathun's eyes. I noticed in that video (and I've seen a few myself) some of them are visible without being in nav mode. Is there a ghost, a piece of gear, or anything I should be wearing to spot those as easily and efficiently as possible?

They are all visible without being in nav mode, they are often tucked away in corners so not easy to spot unless you are actually looking for them. If you know the general location (videos,website guides etc) you dont need anything special to spot them.

They are all visible without being in nav mode, they are often tucked away in corners so not easy to spot unless you are actually looking for them. If you know the general location (videos,website guides etc) you dont need anything special to spot them.

Just out on the main maps and not in lost sectors or anything like that? I'm definitely going to be using that video on the previous page but I just want to be prepared.

Just out on the main maps and not in lost sectors or anything like that? I'm definitely going to be using that video on the previous page but I just want to be prepared.

There are some in lost sectors, but they are all visible with no need for anything special to see/find them. For the lost sector ones you rarely have to even go far into the sector. The ones in the whisper of the worms you dont even get to the first room you have to fight in.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
There are two on mercury that you can only access during the public event as they are on the floating tower/island things you get launched out to. one is easier than the other, its just tucked up in a corner, the other is on top so you have to shoot these crystals to make platforms appear to get up there. Unless you are a titan and are good at thundercrash flying then you dont need the public event, you can just fly over.

like this
There are two on mercury that you can only access during the public event as they are on the floating tower/island things you get launched out to. one is easier than the other, its just tucked up in a corner, the other is on top so you have to shoot these crystals to make platforms appear to get up there. Unless you are a titan and are good at thundercrash flying then you dont need the public event, you can just fly over.

You can actually get both mercury platform eyes from the ground on each platform. You might need to jump and shoot for one of them but I didn't need to make the platforms appear.

You can actually get both mercury platform eyes from the ground on each platform. You might need to jump and shoot for one of them but I didn't need to make the platforms appear.

I discovered something yesterday and didnt even realize it (it was likely found before, but I just stumbled on it) When I checked braytech.org early yesterday I had all of the Mercury eyes but one. The one on the platform to the right (when facing field of glass) The one you shoot the platforms for. I was trying to find a spot it was visible from on the main "island" without having to actually get to the platform. I found a tree that I could see where I thought the eye was/should be. I got to a high enough point on the tree to be able to see where the eye was/should be (but couldnt see it) I took a few shots at the spot and got damage numbers indicating I hit something (there are no enemies on the top platform that I'm aware of) Anyway, i didnt think to check braytech.org to see if I had mamanged to clear that one without getting to the platform.

Fast forward to this morning, I go to mercury, start the event and get to the platform. I shoot all of the crystals to spawn the jumping platform and the eye is not there. Check braytech.org and it says I already got it. Either I got it from the main "island" or I got credit for someone else getting it. There was one other person doing the event with me this morning.

Didnt think to get any screen shots when I tried this yesyerday as I didnt think I would be able to see/do anything.

tiger_release_final_20200711_115539.pngtiger_release_final_20200711_115634.pngtiger_release_final_20200711_115641.png

I discovered something yesterday and didnt even realize it (it was likely found before, but I just stumbled on it) When I checked braytech.org early yesterday I had all of the Mercury eyes but one. The one on the platform to the right (when facing field of glass) The one you shoot the platforms for. I was trying to find a spot it was visible from on the main "island" without having to actually get to the platform. I found a tree that I could see where I thought the eye was/should be. I got to a high enough point on the tree to be able to see where the eye was/should be (but couldnt see it) I took a few shots at the spot and got damage numbers indicating I hit something (there are no enemies on the top platform that I'm aware of) Anyway, i didnt think to check braytech.org to see if I had mamanged to clear that one without getting to the platform.

Fast forward to this morning, I go to mercury, start the event and get to the platform. I shoot all of the crystals to spawn the jumping platform and the eye is not there. Check braytech.org and it says I already got it. Either I got it from the main "island" or I got credit for someone else getting it. There was one other person doing the event with me this morning.

Didnt think to get any screen shots when I tried this yesyerday as I didnt think I would be able to see/do anything.

View attachment 260662View attachment 260663View attachment 260664

This worked! That saved me see time. I got right up in that dead tree and aimed, saw the hit points, and got it!

Quoting for convenience.

I am pretty sure I got all the eyes except for the Prophecy dungeon ones. Who knows when I'll ever get in there and get that done. I'll have to assemble a team or something. My catalyst hit masterwork around 20 or so. That was the most important part for me.

I am pretty sure I got all the eyes except for the Prophecy dungeon ones. Who knows when I'll ever get in there and get that done. I'll have to assemble a team or something. My catalyst hit masterwork around 20 or so. That was the most important part for me.

Yup, thats the last ones for me as well

like this
I made a fireteam with a title clearly indicating I was new and also looking to get the eyes. I had two guys come in and they were happy to help me and we did well. It took us about an hour and forty do it, though. Whew.

I made a fireteam with a title clearly indicating I was new and also looking to get the eyes. I had two guys come in and they were happy to help me and we did well. It took us about an hour and forty do it, though. Whew.

Nice! Prophecy is a pretty awesome piece of content isn't it?

like this
Getting back into D2 this season. Managed to masterwork the past seasonal weapons (Eriana's, Tommy's, Symmetry). Finished the season pass stuff pretty early on and masterworked the witherhoard. Got a new full armor set from Iron Banner and masterworked it. Managed to run the new dungeon every week so far and just finished it solo yesterday, but didn't realize you had to do it in one go to get the triumph. I've either been really lucky this season too, or Bungie has been way less stingy on the rolls I've wanted. Really enjoying everything so far.

Getting back into D2 this season. Managed to masterwork the past seasonal weapons (Eriana's, Tommy's, Symmetry). Finished the season pass stuff pretty early on and masterworked the witherhoard. Got a new full armor set from Iron Banner and masterworked it. Managed to run the new dungeon every week so far and just finished it solo yesterday, but didn't realize you had to do it in one go to get the triumph. I've either been really lucky this season too, or Bungie has been way less stingy on the rolls I've wanted. Really enjoying everything so far.

There is almost no point to masterworking armor at this point. Every season it gets turned obsolete because of the way they handle mod slots. I take it up to 9 energy slots and leave it at that. The only thing I masterwork is the class item.

like this
Well after all the nightfalls I've been running for those catalysts, I had a ton of spare materials. No biggie. Still have 30ish prisms and a couple golf balls sitting around too. Honestly, I'm a stickler for that gold border, it just looks unfinished without it.

Well after all the nightfalls I've been running for those catalysts, I had a ton of spare materials. No biggie. Still have 30ish prisms and a couple golf balls sitting around too. Honestly, I'm a stickler for that gold border, it just looks unfinished without it.

I MW well rolled armor with mod slots that can take fallen, taken and hive mods as those seems the most universally useful. Taken barrier was critical to running the dungeon early on and still is for solo runs.

I MW well rolled armor with mod slots that can take fallen, taken and hive mods as those seems the most universally useful. Taken barrier was critical to running the dungeon early on and still is for solo runs.

The Taken barrier is the only one of those I don't have.

I MW the same way, its if a great roll it gets masterworked. I haven't max capped yet this season (at 1059) but i won't even look at armor elemental affinities until i hit max cap. Right now i'm just farming for higher gear.

With the Xbox event today we learned D2 and all the expansions are coming to Xbox Game Pass in September (ahead of the Beyond Light release). 4k/60 confirmed for Xbox Series X.

Also a new Stasis trailer. I hope you like ice, this looks a little crazy.

Other than the Means to an End weekly I think I'm done. Recaster is maxed out...both new weapons have their catalysts... I'm at 107 rank or so on the season.

Other than the Means to an End weekly I think I'm done. Recaster is maxed out...both new weapons have their catalysts... I'm at 107 rank or so on the season.
Nice. Yeah at that point its triumph hunting for the two seals and all the ones possible of completing at this point are available. I did some serious grinding to get to rank 200 for the +20 Artifact triumph.

For me the biggest issue wasn't even the Beaver errors, it was the "removed from game world." I still get that occasionally, but seems to be better than it was.

In other news, with nothing else to do....I finally decided yesterday that I'll grind for Revoker "for fun." It's done, and I may never touch pvp again. JK, give it like a day.

For me the biggest issue wasn't even the Beaver errors, it was the "removed from game world." I still get that occasionally, but seems to be better than it was.

On other news, with nothing else to do....I finally decided yesterday that I'll grind for Revoker "for fun." It's done, and I may never touch pvp again. JK, give it like a day.

I called the last season of Destiny 2: Season of the Beaver. It was so bad that I pretty much gave up playing the game during that time altogether. That and last season was especially lackluster.

In other news, with nothing else to do....I finally decided yesterday that I'll grind for Revoker "for fun." It's done, and I may never touch pvp again. JK, give it like a day.
The 300 sniper kills seemed to take forever but the gun is alot of fun to use, even after the sunsetting mountaintop and revoker will still be a qp go to for me

Last edited:
Mountaintop in QP, eh? One of THOSE guys. :ROFLMAO:
Haha oh yes bud, I earned my delete button weapon and I use it :p with matchmaking though sometimes I feel really bad as I run trains on some blueberries and even well geared players with my mountain top + galliard combo. Lately my lowest kd is never under 2.0, I honestly think maybe removing matchmaking was a mistake.

I've also started rocking death bringer and holy shit does that thing wreck, why does no one else use it?? I have gotten so many 3-4 kill shots off, fire In the direction of the enemy spawn or a control point and watch the kills just stream in lol. It also shuts down supers, I'm 99% sure I've made someone scream at their computer after firing my death bringer near a roaming super and running and watching the kill pop up.

This GM Nightfall... easily the hardest thing in the game, maybe ever. After 5 hours and i don't know how many attempts, we're taking a break after getting to the boss fight with 0 revives (they take them away after 45 minutes) and died. Its rooough.

I hate The Corrupted.

So I thought I'd ask here.

Recently I've noticed tons of frame rate lag (just very small, maybe in the milliseconds) of frames dropping suddenly in game that are noticeable to me. I'm unsure if it's the latest Destiny patches or a Windows update or what but I'm about ready to just clean install everything just to be sure.

For example, when I zoom in sniping frames definitely drop and more than once it's affected my aiming (and given that I basically live in PVP, it's unacceptable). It's really killed my enjoyment of the game. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems and if they've fixed it somehow. Otherwise when the game isn't busy lagging me, I'm always consistently anywhere from 90-200 FPS.

Windows 10, Nvidia 1080

Recently I've noticed tons of frame rate lag (just very small, maybe in the milliseconds) of frames dropping suddenly in game that are noticeable to me. I'm unsure if it's the latest Destiny patches or a Windows update or what but I'm about ready to just clean install everything just to be sure.

For example, when I zoom in sniping frames definitely drop and more than once it's affected my aiming (and given that I basically live in PVP, it's unacceptable). It's really killed my enjoyment of the game. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems and if they've fixed it somehow. Otherwise when the game isn't busy lagging me, I'm always consistently anywhere from 90-200 FPS.

Windows 10, Nvidia 1080

I can't say I've seen anything like that recently, and i'm playing pretty much every day. Might be time to either a full reinstall, yeah.

Windows 10, Nvidia 1080

Do you have an old cpu? I had those sorta issues (and crashing) very often with my 4790k, overclocked or not. I don't have any of that with the system in my sig now.

Do you have an old cpu? I had those sorta issues (and crashing) very often with my 4790k, overclocked or not. I don't have any of that with the system in my sig now.

Come to think of it, that's why I ditched my old 4690k. The occasional hitching was getting pretty bad. Smooth as butter when I went with a 2700X.

I have a fairly new 8700k. Looks like a clean install is on my list of TODO's this weekend then.

Back