Destiny 2

This thread loves to just stop sending me notifications.

Either way, the Undying Mind looks to be a huge letdown but at least we get out titles today.

It's easier to defeat than the previous boss was. They did nothing to change the Vex Offensive otherwise.

This thread loves to just stop sending me notifications.

Either way, the Undying Mind looks to be a huge letdown but at least we get out titles today.
It happens to me all the time.
Anyhow, i just started playing again, Man I need to do alot of quests and activities to get geared up. I got to like 754 or something like that. Any suggestions on getting gear that fastest? I can't really do raid because i don't have a clan and very little time on top of that.

Shame you just missed the halloween event. Grinding for the 950 power Braytek Werewolf would have been a good start.

Some of the vets can probably tell you if there are any other items that drop with a fixed high power. Otherwise just make sure you finish the campaign and are grinding your weekly powerful engrams.

SomeoneElse - I believe grinding any 'powerful engrams' (the purple ones), decrypting them, getting them in strikes/weekly bounties/etc are pretty effective.

I couldn't clear nine branches of that damned forest to save my life. How did any of you do it? I really had some good efficiency and some good teams going and it just didn't happen. I'm glad I got the Werewolf. It's a nice gun.

I couldn't clear nine branches of that damned forest to save my life. How did any of you do it? I really had some good efficiency and some good teams going and it just didn't happen. I'm glad I got the Werewolf. It's a nice gun.

After more runs than I can count, I went in with a clan member and got finally got lucky enough to get a random guy who was worth a crap. We cleared 10 branches with no problem.

With blueberries it's tough. With a team running an optimized load out it's not that bad, even with only two and a decent random third you can do it.

Oppressive Darkness and 1k Voices makes quick work of the bosses. They don't live for more than 5-6 seconds at most.

With blueberries it's tough. With a team running an optimized load out it's not that bad, even with only two and a decent random third you can do it.

Oppressive Darkness and 1k Voices makes quick work of the bosses. They don't live for more than 5-6 seconds at most.

Oppressive Darkness and One Thousand Voices is what I was using as was the guy from my Clan. I think a lot of groups waste too much time on the bosses and only focus on add clear. Add clear is easy. The bosses are what really eat away at your time.

I tried for a week before I realized the mask had a special slot for event mods that made a huge difference..... Once I equipped an event mod and was able to run around with a heavy mg that melted bosses faces off and had constant ammo drops it was easy.

I know I'm a bit slow but I do think this game could benefit a lot from helpful tool tips. I've never played a game that I've had to google so much just to find that this one task requires you do go do something in a way nothing else has and was never explained to you. Or that a description is incomplete and one more sentence would have solved everything.

I tried for a week before I realized the mask had a special slot for event mods that made a huge difference..... Once I equipped an event mod and was able to run around with a heavy mg that melted bosses faces off and had constant ammo drops it was easy.

I was using those mods and I clearned branch 7 I think once. I could never break 6 after that to save my life. It just didn't happen. Bad luck...bad teams...bad something. Oh well.

I know I'm a bit slow but I do think this game could benefit a lot from helpful tool tips. I've never played a game that I've had to google so much just to find that this one task requires you do go do something in a way nothing else has and was never explained to you. Or that a description is incomplete and one more sentence would have solved everything.

I can't disagree with this as someone who has played these games since the beginning.

I was using those mods and I clearned branch 7 I think once. I could never break 6 after that to save my life. It just didn't happen. Bad luck...bad teams...bad something. Oh well.

Oh, yeah forgot about that. There was a mod for ads then a mod for the boss. I would switch masks the second we'd teleport into the boss room.

I was having trouble early on, and pissed at the "heavy weapon ammo buff" on the vampire touch bit for the helmet wasn't paying off.. then poking around some youtube videos it seems any other armor chunk that has 'extra heavy ammo' negates the event helmet's buff.

A turned off the one of my regular armor then heavy weapon ammo was raining from the heavens. The last few runs I was slotting thunderlord and nothing else.

It also helped to know the more efficient route to the gates to tag them as fast as possible.

I want to say I hit nine three or four times.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I ran that forest only once really to check it out. I think I got through 7 branches and it network error'd me out and I haven't been back. Those 7 were enough for me, I was bored in about two minutes. I never really participate in the Halloween or Solstice events. I usually take that time to catch up on anything else like exotic quests, infusing other weapons I want brought up, farming cores, etc.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Is there any secret way to do legend nightfalls with matchmaking or should I just start shouting LFG? I finally hit soft cap and need to start getting pinnacle gear.

It would be nice if matchmaking enabled if you have the correct mods equipped. Maybe Legend is just that much more difficult than hero? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Legend and Master have no matchmaking so yeah, LFG is really the only way unless you have a group already.

I did the Master level Nightfall last week and I can not imagine doing that with matchmade blueberries and no voice comms. That would be rough.

Last edited:
Finally got around to doing Pit of Heresy, fun little dungeon I think.

The reward was kinda lame but kinda cool. MW Dreambane Gauntlets. They uhhh only barely beat my Iron Will in stats and equal power.

Finally got around to doing Pit of Heresy, fun little dungeon I think.

The reward was kinda lame but kinda cool. MW Dreambane Gauntlets. They uhhh only barely beat my Iron Will in stats and equal power.

All Dreambane stuff is crap for rolls, sadly.

All Dreambane stuff is crap for rolls, sadly.

Pretty much. If you look at the stats, it was probably 51'ish before masterworking. After masterworking and mods, my Iron Will stuff is all over 80 stat points.

Yeah, if I ever masterwork my gear everything except my current gauntlets will be above 80. Gauntlets would be 79. I just don’t have the resources to masterwork anything. Don’t have time/friends/effort to do endgame content reliably.

So finally started my comp grind last night and it's kinda bullshit the players I was constantly against. Played 4 games, every game was against new people but they all had recluse and either mountain top or were God tier snap snipers. I don't get why a player with 0 glory is playing against obvious comp vets lol

Last edited:
Master Nightmare hunts and any 980 content is actually super enjoyable. Having to put real thought into your loadout, play slowly and tactically and really communicate breaths some new life into the game that I'm really enjoying and finding myself looking forward to.

We banged out the Taniks master nightmare hunt time trial last night after only one trial run and it was pretty satisfying.

On the other hand, i'm really not enjoying trying to solo flawless the dungeon...

So finally started my comp grind last night and it's kinda bullshit the players I was constantly against. Played 4 games, every game was against new people but they all had recluse and either mountain top or were God tier snap snipers. I don't get why a player with 0 glory is playing against obvious comp vets lol

I feel you. I am new, just want the Recluse as it fits my playstyle (CQC) and favorite Devour Voidwalker build. Watched a video claiming it was easy now, hardly any penalty for losing, big gains when winning; have it in 6hrs no problem. Don't know want that dude was on. Played for 5 hours yesterday because weekends are the only time I can match make with players near me on my upside down schedule. Had 5 good games, gained about 700pts. Then had 8 horrible games. Teammates dropping out or AFK at spawn point (who does that in comp?). I'm a lefty and use Numpad for controls, only Enter is hardlocked to Chat, so if I accidently bump it my character freezes until I can hit ESC. Likewise, if I hit Numlock, which is right above my Melee key, my character stops responding and just keeps running in a straight line. Wish Bungie would fix this as it is really hosing me. I'm working around it, but dam.

I did have one of my most memorable moments in this game so far however. The round both my teammates bailed, I was determined to finish. I managed to wipe the whole other team twice in a row. Once with Heavy and once with void grenade. I still ended up losing, but only by 1 round and 2 lives. Take what I can get, but I'm thinking of starting a Titan just so I can take him and the 1 eyed mask Xur has this week in to get the freaking Recluse. Sucks I feel I have to resort to that.

I feel you. I am new, just want the Recluse as it fits my playstyle (CQC) and favorite Devour Voidwalker build. Watched a video claiming it was easy now, hardly any penalty for losing, big gains when winning; have it in 6hrs no problem. Don't know want that dude was on. Played for 5 hours yesterday because weekends are the only time I can match make with players near me on my upside down schedule. Had 5 good games, gained about 700pts. Then had 8 horrible games. Teammates dropping out or AFK at spawn point (who does that in comp?). I'm a lefty and use Numpad for controls, only Enter is hardlocked to Chat, so if I accidently bump it my character freezes until I can hit ESC. Likewise, if I hit Numlock, which is right above my Melee key, my character stops responding and just keeps running in a straight line. Wish Bungie would fix this as it is really hosing me. I'm working around it, but dam.

I did have one of my most memorable moments in this game so far however. The round both my teammates bailed, I was determined to finish. I managed to wipe the whole other team twice in a row. Once with Heavy and once with void grenade. I still ended up losing, but only by 1 round and 2 lives. Take what I can get, but I'm thinking of starting a Titan just so I can take him and the 1 eyed mask Xur has this week in to get the freaking Recluse. Sucks I feel I have to resort to that.
Ya, after about 7 hours I'm at 1250. I got a Outlast pulse rifle with nice rolls and it's been amazing. I also stacked resilience on my armor to get 10/10 and I've definitely noticed that I win alot more or my 1vs1 fights now, it makes the difference of being 3 tapped or 4 tapped by just a few hp

Ya, after about 7 hours I'm at 1250. I got a Outlast pulse rifle with nice rolls and it's been amazing. I also stacked resilience on my armor to get 10/10 and I've definitely noticed that I win alot more or my 1vs1 fights now, it makes the difference of being 3 tapped or 4 tapped by just a few hp
I'm at Heroic 3 and basically giving up on hitting Fabled I. The game thinks I'm supposed to be at Heroic 3 (which is probably accurate or generous), so a win is only +60 and a loss is -52, which is like it was before Shadowkeep boosted the progression rate at lower ranks. It wasn't that terrible to get to Heroic 3 with the boost to wins and much lower penalty for losses.

Having important PvE weapons locked behind Competitive PvP kind of pisses me off. I don't care if regular PvP is required, I'm happy to put in the grind hours if I need to, but a Comp PvP lock pretty much screws you if you aren't that great at PvP. Frankly, at age 70+ my hand/eye coordination isn't what it once was...

Last edited:
Come next season, Recluse won't be nearly as ubiquitous so I wouldn't worry about it too much if you can't get there.

It's odd that Glory for Randy's Throwing Knife is shown as 2100/2100 with the "box" marked, but I've never quite gotten to 2100 in Comp.

I'm at Heroic 3 and basically giving up on hitting Fabled I. The game thinks I'm supposed to be at Heroic 3 (which is probably accurate or generous), so a win is only +60 and a loss is -52, which is like it was before Shadowkeep boosted the progression rate at lower ranks. It wasn't that terrible to get to Heroic 3 with the boost to wins and much lower penalty for losses.

Having important PvE weapons locked behind Competitive PvP kind of pisses me off. I don't care if regular PvP is required, I'm happy to put in the grind hours if I need to, but a Comp PvP lock pretty much screws you if you aren't that great at PvP. Frankly, at age 70+ my hand/eye coordination isn't what it once was...
I just got 2100 today, I was getting 200-300 per win. Last win went from 1920 to 2150, nerfed or not I'm happy to finally have this stupid gun lol

I just got 2100 today, I was getting 200-300 per win. Last win went from 1920 to 2150, nerfed or not I'm happy to finally have this stupid gun lol
Congrats! If you were getting that much, you must be pretty good and the game boosted you extra. Nice! At Heroic 3 I get 60 for a win and -52 for a loss.

I played my third solo comp game of the week this afternoon. (1 win/ 2 losses) My team was terrible...I definitely wasn't the worst, lol. Lost 52 points. I'll do a bit more after Tuesday, although I'll probably mostly be playing IB. I have lots of kids, their spouses, grandkids, and a few misc. coming into town for Thanksgiving, so I'll have to be discrete about my IB playtime, probably mostly late at night.

Last edited:
Come next season, Recluse won't be nearly as ubiquitous so I wouldn't worry about it too much if you can't get there.

It's a Void SMG that I can put Anti-Barrier rounds on. It fits my playstyle and Nezaric's Sin build perfectly. I'm using a Riskruner now, but its Arc and I cannot put AB rounds on it.

Congrats! If you were getting that much, you must be pretty good and the game boosted you extra. Nice! At Heroic 3 I get 60 for a win and -52 for a loss.

I played my third solo comp game of the week this afternoon. (1 win/ 2 losses) My team was terrible...I definitely wasn't the worst, lol. Lost 52 points. I'll do a bit more after Tuesday, although I'll probably mostly be playing IB. I have lots of kids, their spouses, grandkids, and a few misc. coming into town for Thanksgiving, so I'll have to be discrete about my IB playtime, probably mostly late at night.
I honestly have no idea how they doing the scoring, what was frustrating for me is I was constantly matched against players way above my pay grade. I only won 1/5 matches because of it.

It's a Void SMG that I can put Anti-Barrier rounds on. It fits my playstyle and Nezaric's Sin build perfectly. I'm using a Riskruner now, but its Arc and I cannot put AB rounds on it.

Overall it won't be bad, but losing its crit damage on body shots is going to make it feel significantly weaker, especially at range. 900RPM will be in a weird spot.

Something like Every Waking Moment (600RPM) you can farm from the lectern with some pretty great rolls is also Void and may become much more usable.

Ya, that's never fun. Keep at it though. Try different loadouts and what not. I really did have a love/hate relationship with comp. It would draw me in but man can it be frustrating. I secretly did love the challenge though. It only took me a whopping 2 hours though, so I can't really complain.

Honestly, with Recluse....It will still be useful, and not changed at all if you can hit something in the crit spot. It seems many were lazy and just used to spray and pray. Very much worth getting. Don't sleep on a Surrounded Calus though, it's ease of use isn't as high but the damage actually outpaces Recluse and it's easy to farm. I think one of the streamers recently did a video about alternatives to Recluse too once the nerf hits and one of the options was still....Recluse lol. I've kinda put Recluse away for a while and been going back to other loadouts that I prefer more and I can tell you I don't feel gimped at all.

Last edited:
What's funny is I took the recluse into a few matches last night (rumble and control) and even without master of arms the thing still destroys people. I don't know if it's the 50 games of sweat drenched comp they just forced me to play making me better or just the gun being awesome but I dominated rumble. Used recluse+outbreak and had no issues except for corner rusher with a shot gun lol.

The gun is still going to get alot of use I think, it's got such little recoil for it's damage that even with the Nerf I don't see me retiring it completely. It will be my huckle berry for the special slot now, I think this "nerf" is honestly going to make it balanced not garbage which is great, if you can land your headshots with moa active you will still achieve the 0.47 ttk but if not even getting 2/5 head shots with moa will be a good damage bump and keep it very competitive.

Last edited:
Overall it won't be bad, but losing its crit damage on body shots is going to make it feel significantly weaker, especially at range. 900RPM will be in a weird spot.

Something like Every Waking Moment (600RPM) you can farm from the lectern with some pretty great rolls is also Void and may become much more usable.
I've got a couple of Every Waking Moment's with Demolitionist. They're great smg's and take the place of the Recluse that I'll probably never get. I love the Demolitionist perk. With the Recluse nerf coming in a few weeks, I'll just be happy with my Every Waking Moment's with nice perks and Anti-Barrier Rounds. I'll keep playing at least 3 rounds of solo comp a week to hopefully eventually get Recluse and get the bonus points (that might eventually get me to 2100 if I can have a few weeks of at least 50% wins).

Last edited:
Well I made a post on Reddit seeking some direction. I've about 4 pages of Quests and was feeling a little lost and ovetwhelmed. Got some good info / direction, and a couple of offers to squad up. Ended up in a Fireteam with an experienced Clan that ran me through the quest to get the Worm-something Sniper Rifle. Then we did one of the Raids, the one most people do first they said. Still largely lost as to all the steps that requires, but learned a few things and got a couple more Exotics.

After all that I hopped back in to Comp, and between wins and losses, ended up around 1100 Glory (up from 700). Match-making is such a crap shoot in this game, but I got a couple of decent teams. Bungie's hatred of left handers on PC is still an on-going struggle, but I'm starting to get the muscle memory of these old hands retrained. I'll be glad when I never have to be forced into PvP again.

Back