Destiny 2

One of mine sometimes does. We tend to need one every other week and the other one is new so I'm not sure if we have enough players for that one or not.

Let me know. I'd love to find a consistent group to run 2x Phoenix Protocol and just facetank the end boss. I'm a 968 Warlock with all the meta weapons currently.

Last edited:
I'm supposed to be doing shattered throne for the Izanagi Burden quest, but im a bit confused on exactly what im supposed to be doing. Would someone shed some light on the process?

I'm supposed to be doing shattered throne for the Izanagi Burden quest, but im a bit confused on exactly what im supposed to be doing. Would someone shed some light on the process?

Mine was finally able to advance too, my missing keys reappeared now so I was able to open the box. I'd be interested to know too.

I'm late to the party but I finally unlocked Breakneck today. I think I'll take a break from Gambit for a bit now. It was much better now that Gambit Prime is a thing but still a bit of a grind.

Sadly, Breakneck was perfect but got nerfed by the Rampage damage changes.

Mine was finally able to advance too, my missing keys reappeared now so I was able to open the box. I'd be interested to know too.
I know after you get all the keys, you then need to get a rare bounty which randomly drops after completing a forge ignition weapon. Once you complete that, you then have to complete the Shattered Throne mission in EDZ, I need to look up a guide on how thats done. I could only find a handfull of enemies within the mission with no real inclination on how to beat it, but I'll share as soon as I find out.

Farmed a bit for the blasphemer yesterday. Wow that activity just gets....so boring to me quickly. I have to take a break after 1 or 2 runs. No curated drop yet, but I got 2 that are kinda close enough. One being snapshot, opening shot, accurized rounds, range mw, and i forget the barrel. Not sure it's gonna be worth it at this point, may just come across it randomly one day. Took way too much effort just to get a team to do it and one that doesn't just stand there shooting the ground.

Also, when you fail say a tier 5, where does that chest pop up at? Seems like a lot of time we'd cruise through the first 4 and then blueberries wouldn't understand that you shouldn't be there dumping heavy into the immune boss. It would't spawn at that top platform where the boss spawns. What about a tier 4?

I know after you get all the keys, you then need to get a rare bounty which randomly drops after completing a forge ignition weapon. Once you complete that, you then have to complete the Shattered Throne mission in EDZ, I need to look up a guide on how thats done. I could only find a handfull of enemies within the mission with no real inclination on how to beat it, but I'll share as soon as I find out.

Oh joy more forge ignitions.

When you fail, you don't get anything.

That's not correct. Have seen it in person myself, on accident. It just doesn't spawn at the top platform.

So, I did find this.

"Anytime you fail twice in a row it will end the event and spawn a chest. Which tier the 2nd fail occur sets the RNG/loot pool for the chest. So to get a tier 5 chest: you must pass tier 5, fail boss, fail tier 5. Tier 4 chest: pass tier 4, fail tier 5, fail tier 4. Etc.

Seems like the tier 5 chest has a super high RNG for the alter weapon, if not guaranteed. I've looted a few tier 1 and tier 2 chests and pretty much only got some mats and glimmer."

Also this - https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...ars-of-sorrow-every-single-time/#4ff063467c4c

Last edited:
Sadly, Breakneck was perfect but got nerfed by the Rampage damage changes.
Yeah that's usually how things happen for me. Its kind of unfortunate that most of these weapons get nerfed into the ground by the time more casual players get them unlocked. Usually by the time I get one of these flavor of the month weapons that everyone is using unlocked its already been nerfed into the ground and everyone has moved on to the next flavor of the month.

Yeah that's usually how things happen for me. Its kind of unfortunate that most of these weapons get nerfed into the ground by the time more casual players get them unlocked. Usually by the time I get one of these flavor of the month weapons that everyone is using unlocked its already been nerfed into the ground and everyone has moved on to the next flavor of the month.

It's still about the best Legendary auto-rifles in the game for PvE activities in spite of the nerfs. Before I got my Recluse it was my go to for add heavy encounters in PvE. The Reckoning and Escalation Protocol come to mind as examples of this. However, it's TTK just isn't good enough for the Crucible as you won't be able to keep those Rampage stacks going. I also don't like its variable fire rate as it makes it harder to judge when you are going to need a reload, but that maybe my issue. Auto-rifles are generally a mid-tier option in the Crucible at best with few people being able to make use of them. They work better in Iron Banner but the problem is that if anyone knows how to close the distance, your going to get ass raped by a Recluse or another SMG. Up close you are also subject to getting destroyed by shotguns and even hand cannons. Pulse rifles have shorter TTK's and out range auto-rifles as well. Largely, outside of super close engagements auto rifles are simply out classed by pulse rifles. Up close, the SMG is the better option. Basically, there is no case in the current meta where an auto-rifle is the best option.

Breakneck specifically does compete well at medium range as it will be stronger with Rampage stacks than most SMG's if not all of them, but it will be too weak at long distances. Up close with Rampage your probably good to go vs. an SMG, but Breakneck is really an outlier in the auto-rifle class. As are the exotic auto-rifles like Cerberus+1 and Suros Regime. The latter two are doing fairly well in the Crucible and shred in PvE.

It’s not really the rampage changes that kills Breakneck in PvE atm. It’s actually the rate of fire change as you get as you kill things. For whatever reason, it gets treated as different archetype ARs with every change to it’s RPM. Since higher RPM guns do less damage per round, as Breakneck starts gaining RPM, it’s base damage starts going down. This is the same thing that happens to Redrix’s Broadsword when desperado procs. This only happens in PvE, though, so Redrix is actually still good in PvP now.

I wasn't aware of that. I had heard it was broken, and its stayed in my vault since Shadowkeep dropped.

It didn’t used to be like that. Prior to SK, it kept the damage of its base fire rate (450 rpm)even when it was at 3 stacks, so you had a hard hitting AR that had a crazy high RoF plus the better version of rampage. At 3 stacks of rampage/onslaught, it shoots at 720 rpm. Due to the “bug,” the gun suddenly gets treated as a 720 rpm AR, the the game adjusts its base damage to reflect it. That means Breakneck at max stacks, is literally no better than any other 720 rpm AR with rampage. Combine that with the fact that it’s more difficult to use due to the RoF changing all the time and it’s smaller ammo reserve (compared to other 720 ARs), and it’s objectively just a worse gun than basically any other AR right now.

Has anyone had Destiny 2 suddenly freeze and crash on them today? I've had it happen twice now and I have never seen that before today.

Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: destiny2.exe, version: 13163.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5daa3440
Faulting module name: destiny2.exe, version: 13163.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5daa3440
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000012adb31
Faulting process id: 0x27c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d59b2f01d0caa5
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Destiny 2\destiny2.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Destiny 2\destiny2.exe
Report Id: b1450d82-07cf-459f-8921-00b6ac1fb363
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: destiny2.exe, version: 13163.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5daa3440
Faulting module name: destiny2.exe, version: 13163.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5daa3440
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000012adb31
Faulting process id: 0x2cac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d59b2eb588feb3
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Destiny 2\destiny2.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Destiny 2\destiny2.exe
Report Id: c778a6c4-028f-4672-934b-9be6455001c9
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I did see that Windows 10 did an update today so maybe that screwed up something. I had also recently put in the updated Nvidia Drivers for Red Dead Redemption 2 441.12.

Verifying game files now.

Last edited:
The player names keep getting better and more crude. A couple gems I have seen lately:

ErisMornsMeatWallet
StreetBabyJesus
6opossumsinanOvercoat
BuffOptimusPrime
MyOface
Thatswhatshesaid
ToeSuckingTyrone <--- This guy and I dominated in crucible last night

Last edited:
Has anyone had Destiny 2 suddenly freeze and crash on them today? I've had it happen twice now and I have never seen that before today.

Event Viewer:

I did see that Windows 10 did an update today so maybe that screwed up something. I had also recently put in the updated Nvidia Drivers for Red Dead Redemption 2 441.12.

Verifying game files now.

Yes, did that to me yesterday for the first time. For the record, it was before the latest Win 10 update.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
So the newbie is back. Took some time off to play Outer Worlds, but I'm back with a vengance now. Played all the campaigns, been trying to do all the Exotic quests I can find. Apparantly there are Forges I need to find and ignite. Been doing a lot of non-comp Crucible for the Thorn quest. Got my first MVP, which shouldn't be a big deal, but I'm old and left handed (Bungie apparently hates lefties; keys I normally use are locked). I was not getting anywhere fast in Survival, but my gear still sucks so I'll blame it on that for now.

Really wish I could find a group to play with, it would Nightfalls and PvP, not to mention this grind, so much easier.

Still have tons to learn about this game, but I've eeked my way up to 935 so far.

Yep, they worded it about as confusing as can be too. According to Cozmo it sounds like only the body shot counting as precision damage is what is taking a hit. So, if you aim for the head, it isn't a nerf at all, is what it sounds like. I'm for that. Make it take a little skill to use, but don't drop it into oblivion. Still gonna have people complain that it's still too strong or overused. Actually, I saw some folks complain that this would be too big of a hit, that it was gonna be weaker than most other smg's. I just figured these are the people that relied on not shooting at the head. You know, idiots.

Honestly, I still love hand cannons, even post nerf. Multi killclip spare rations and a OutRage Austringer just feel too good compared to SMG's. I've been using one of those two things with a Firing Line sniper and don't feel handicapped at all. Actually, the last couple of days I've really tried to like a rapid hit/rampage and outlaw/rampage Duke's that I have and I just can't. Those 110's feel sluggish, slow, and just bad. It isn't worth the small damage bump from the mkc sr.

Last edited:
So what should a newb who doesn't have nearly any of the meta weapons start grinding for? Should I start slogging for the Recluse or are there some easy to get ones that will help with the recluse grind?

I don't love PVP so this is going to suck lol.

The menagerie is a great place to grind out different weapons, but really need to work on the chalice and that's not a quick task. Look at Loaded Question, Wendigo, also look at Hammerhead, blast furnace, and I forget the hand cannon at the forges. You can get the toaster and Izanagi there too. Spare Rations from Reckoning and Gambit Prime. There are a ton of options. Ya, Recluse is through competitive PVP, it's not fun, but worth it. You can grind strikes for a 150 rpm grenade launcher with spike grenades aka Outrageous Fortune. Look at Swarm of the Raven from Iron Banner.

Last edited:
Yep, they worded it about as confusing as can be too. According to Cozmo it sounds like only the body shot counting as precision damage is what is taking a hit. So, if you aim for the head, it isn't a nerf at all, is what it sounds like. I'm for that. Make it take a little skill to use, but don't drop it into oblivion. Still gonna have people complain that it's still too strong or overused. Actually, I saw some folks complain that this would be too big of a hit, that it was gonna be weaker than most other smg's. I just figured these are the people that relied on not shooting at the head. You know, idiots.

Honestly, I still love hand cannons, even post nerf. Multi killclip spare rations and a OutRage Austringer just feel too good compared to SMG's. I've been using one of those two things with a Firing Line sniper and don't feel handicapped at all. Actually, the last couple of days I've really tried to like a rapid hit/rampage and outlaw/rampage Duke's that I have and I just can't. Those 110's feel sluggish, slow, and just bad. It isn't worth the small damage bump from the mkc sr.

Despite the OEM nerf it's still going to be top tier I think. Slightly less oppressive in QP but still the dominant Titan exotic

I actually think Skullfort is more overpowered right now, but OEM is more versatile.

I guess this updated in the last couple days since I played it last. Now my in-game brightness is set to 100% and I can't change it, it just doesn't respond to inputs on the brightness screen. The game is now, and I can't believe I'm saying this, literally unplayable, lol. Anybody else see this?

I guess this updated in the last couple days since I played it last. Now my in-game brightness is set to 100% and I can't change it, it just doesn't respond to inputs on the brightness screen. The game is now, and I can't believe I'm saying this, literally unplayable, lol. Anybody else see this?

I haven't. Are you running HDR?

WTH is with the game loading for ages while your ship flies, loading for ages while the ship "lands" and then sitting at a black screen for 5 more minutes loading after that? Shit gets old.

WTH is with the game loading for ages while your ship flies, loading for ages while the ship "lands" and then sitting at a black screen for 5 more minutes loading after that? Shit gets old.

That's how it is on weekends. During the week, that stuff is far less frequent.

Even on weekends it isn’t too frequent. Its just matchmaking issues, well not matchmaking per se but finding a tower or patrol area server that isn’t currently full on the roster.

So. Today finally finished getting scout kills for Randy’s. Now I just need to get the ambition to try and grind out either calculated trajectory medals or cold fusion medals. Leaning towards cold fusion. I have never gotten a Calculated Trajectory before. I think The Mountaintop may be out of my reach.

I also stupidly tried to start going for Revoker. Let’s just leave that at I am stupid to think to even try. Maybe momentum control isn’t good for it but fuck am I bad at sniping also.

Got that curated Blasphemer. I don't like it. Gunnoras axe still feels way better to me. That and I'm just too stuck on the Spare Rations for PVE and PVP.

Last edited:
Got that curated Blasphemer. I don't like it. Gunnoras axe still feels way better to me. That and I'm just too stuck on the Spare Rations for PVE and PVP.

I'd have to get a good Spare Rations to even consider using it for anything. What's on the curated Blasphemer?

Keep this in mind: Not all curated rolls are good.

Examples:
Curated Bug Out Bag - PvE crap, PvP decent
Curated Spiteful Fang - Crap
Curated Tatara Gaze - PvE maybe, PvP crap
Curated Blast Furnace - Garbage
Curated Austringer - Crap

Anyone know the best way to farm high stat gear. Seems like the Iron Banner armor has dropped with good stats the most frequently for me. I had a piece drop with 63 base stat points, but have not had much luck with any other gear types.

I'd have to get a good Spare Rations to even consider using it for anything. What's on the curated Blasphemer?

Keep this in mind: Not all curated rolls are good.

Examples:
Curated Bug Out Bag - PvE crap, PvP decent
Curated Spiteful Fang - Crap
Curated Tatara Gaze - PvE maybe, PvP crap
Curated Blast Furnace - Garbage
Curated Austringer - Crap

I agree with you there. Copying this from Reddit as I can't recall every stat but "Hammer forged rifling Accurized Rounds/High Caliber rounds QuickDraw Opening Shot" plus it has a range mw.

I've had plenty different rolls drop as I've been farming for the curated and the Destiny forums and Sharditkeepit tend to refer to the curated roll as the one to get.

I've got a rapid hit/rangefinder SR that I use for PVP.Full bore, light mag, range mw. Then a Rapid hit multikill clip roll that's equally as good for pve. I think at one point I had slightly over 50 SR's in my vault. Honestly, I feel like with most any loadout I have at least one of the weapons has to be lightweight frame too.

Anyone know the best way to farm high stat gear. Seems like the Iron Banner armor has dropped with good stats the most frequently for me. I had a piece drop with 63 base stat points, but have not had much luck with any other gear types.

Honestly, I played crucible the first week, got a full set of armor and I've used that ever since. Looking back, I was really lucky because the armor doesn't suck. I also pulled a Transversive steps from collections and masterworked it.

Back