Destiny 2

Im playing the typical survival TDM with randoms is what I mean. I'm not familiar with all the pvp modes just yet.

OK well this season they introduced the new Competitive system with the Survival playlist. They also added a Solos Survival playlist which is the smaller icon to the bottom right of the main playlist.

If you're solo queuing, that's the one you should be playing.

Im playing the typical survival TDM with randoms is what I mean. I'm not familiar with all the pvp modes just yet.
OK well this season they introduced the new Competitive system with the Survival playlist. They also added a Solos Survival playlist which is the smaller icon to the bottom right of the main playlist.

If you're solo queuing, that's the one you should be playing.
Thanks man, I didnt even know that was a thing. I'll give it a go tonight.

The tedious 'brush your teeth' triumph is yielding a steady flow of festival coins. Probably should have started that earlier.

Playing the solo survival playlist?

It's still pretty rough. In some ways its worse because the communication is non-existent in those cases. I tend to have the best luck playing with friends. While we will often get stomped, there are matches where we do very well just playing the objectives and communicating.

More Great Steam Names:
Star Wars Battlefront 2
TheGodDamnBATMAN
AssOut
DiscountBlackMan
LonelyCrouton
EPSTIENWASKILLEDBYTHEARCHITECTS

Some names I saw this weekend:

Lethal Discharge
Big Tittied Gynecologist
Not Infected
xAutism
Drugs-Are-Bad-M-Kay?
Toaster Oven
Imagine Using (Grenade Launcher symbol) + (Submachine gun symbol) + (Machine gun heavy weapon symbol)
KnobonMyBob
PEEPEESUCKER99
AnimeTiddies

Some names I saw this weekend:

Lethal Discharge
Big Tittied Gynecologist
Not Infected
xAutism
Drugs-Are-Bad-M-Kay?
Toaster Oven
Imagine Using (Grenade Launcher symbol) + (Submachine gun symbol) + (Machine gun heavy weapon symbol)
KnobonMyBob
PEEPEESUCKER99
AnimeTiddies

I saw a picture of that one...he was uhhh getting kills with all 3 of those weapons. Wait, I may be misremembering and it said something about noobs....I don’t recall.

I saw this weekend:
LadyLemongrabAss
KingLemongrabAss

So that was...interesting I guess.

The werewolf isn't a bad autorifle. A little slow but puppy has some range.

For an auto-rifle, its decent. The problem is that auto-rifles are out classed by nearly every other weapon class in the game. The only thing that's worse are side arms and even then, at close range many of them are pretty good.

Pfffsst.. SMGs and autorifles are my jam, but then again I am more of a PvE person.

Pfffsst.. SMGs and autorifles are my jam, but then again I am more of a PvE person.

I'm strictly talking about weapons that use primary ammunition, so keep that in mind. SMG's are actually vastly better than auto-rifles and are kind of king right now. The Recluse being king of all PvE weapons. It's also great in PvP as well. In terms of time to kill, auto-rifles are pretty much bottom of the barrel. Their range isn't enough to challenge scouts or pulse rifles, up close hand cannons or SMG's are far better at killing. Auto-rifles are essentially trash for PvP and out classed in most situations in PvE. Suros Regime, Cerberus +1 and a couple of the raid auto-rifles are decent and everything else is on a sliding scale of bad. The Braytech Werewolf is middle of the road at best.

The entire auto-rifle class needs to be buffed. They haven't really been used at all by players who do the more difficult content since year one.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
For the PvPers out there,

Monday is the slug shotgun kinetic slot. Worth the farm. The curated is a god roll.

Tuesday is the sniper which honestly feels AMAZING. I currently have several but none with my desired rolls and it's already so so good.

Ideal:
Firmly planted
Accurized Rounds
Handling/Range MW (probably prefer handling)
Box Breathing
Corkscrew or Full bore barrel

I currently have a FP/QD and just feels so good even without snapshot.

I'm strictly talking about weapons that use primary ammunition, so keep that in mind. SMG's are actually vastly better than auto-rifles and are kind of king right now. The Recluse being king of all PvE weapons. It's also great in PvP as well. In terms of time to kill, auto-rifles are pretty much bottom of the barrel. Their range isn't enough to challenge scouts or pulse rifles, up close hand cannons or SMG's are far better at killing. Auto-rifles are essentially trash for PvP and out classed in most situations in PvE. Suros Regime, Cerberus +1 and a couple of the raid auto-rifles are decent and everything else is on a sliding scale of bad. The Braytech Werewolf is middle of the road at best.

The entire auto-rifle class needs to be buffed. They haven't really been used at all by players who do the more difficult content since year one.

They can have my Origin Story when they pry it from my cold dead hands. Though I just got The Huckleberry and it’s my jam at the moment.

Origin Story is my fall back though, even in crucible (not comp) I’ll do better with it than almost anything else. Maybe I just suck.

They can have my Origin Story when they pry it from my cold dead hands. Though I just got The Huckleberry and it’s my jam at the moment.

Origin Story is my fall back though, even in crucible (not comp) I’ll do better with it than almost anything else. Maybe I just suck.
The Huckleberry with it's catalyst is a fucking monster in pve. It's my go-to for almost everything, it would be my always go-to if we could put antibarrier mods on it but since we can't there's times I need to leave it at home for nightfalls

For the PvPers out there,

Monday is the slug shotgun kinetic slot. Worth the farm. The curated is a god roll.

Tuesday is the sniper which honestly feels AMAZING. I currently have several but none with my desired rolls and it's already so so good.

Ideal:
Firmly planted
Accurized Rounds
Handling/Range MW (probably prefer handling)
Box Breathing
Corkscrew or Full bore barrel

I currently have a FP/QD and just feels so good even without snapshot.

I'm going to disagree with most of what was said here. I will agree that these two weapons are worth farming. However, I'm not sure what the shotgun curated roll is so I'll have to look at that and come back to that topic.

On the subject of sniper rifles, I think you are WAY off the mark. Not about the gun as a whole, but about those specific perks being ideal for PvP. They aren't. The reason why quickdraw feels good even without snapshot sights is because it gives a handling buff to the weapon and that impacts ADS speeds. If you look at PvP rifles like Revoker, etc. people aren't going for perks like Boxed Breathing or Firmly Planted. You don't want perks that force you to crouch or stand still to make them work. That just makes you an easy target. I can't tell you how many kills I got towards my Revoker this weekend in Momentum Control against people crouching. Box Breathing and Firmly planted have activation times and force you to crouch. You don't move quickly while crouched. No Distractions has a similar problem. Activation time is simply too long to make it worth while.

For barrel types, you want barrels that extend range. Anything that improves stability is pretty much useless on PC at least. A minor hit to handling would also be fine in the barrel column as you can make that up easily with a handling masterwork or perks like Snapshot Sights or Quickdraw. Similarly, handling buffs from a barrel are usually too small to worry about. So Full Bore is good as is Hammer Forged Rifling. Corkscrew is basically OK, but not ideal. It grants 5 range, 5, handling and 5 stability. The last two aren't worth the mediocre range increase. Stability isn't even needed and the handling isn't a big enough deal given that you can make that up easily with other perks.

Really, you want perks that improve ADS speed, range and damage that don't leave you vulnerable.

I'm going to disagree with most of what was said here. I will agree that these two weapons are worth farming. However, I'm not sure what the shotgun curated roll is so I'll have to look at that and come back to that topic.

On the subject of sniper rifles, I think you are WAY off the mark. Not about the gun as a whole, but about those specific perks being ideal for PvP. They aren't. The reason why quickdraw feels good even without snapshot sights is because it gives a handling buff to the weapon and that impacts ADS speeds. If you look at PvP rifles like Revoker, etc. people aren't going for perks like Boxed Breathing or Firmly Planted. You don't want perks that force you to crouch or stand still to make them work. That just makes you an easy target. I can't tell you how many kills I got towards my Revoker this weekend in Momentum Control against people crouching. Box Breathing and Firmly planted have activation times and force you to crouch. You don't move quickly while crouched. No Distractions has a similar problem. Activation time is simply too long to make it worth while.

For barrel types, you want barrels that extend range. Anything that improves stability is pretty much useless on PC at least. A minor hit to handling would also be fine in the barrel column as you can make that up easily with a handling masterwork or perks like Snapshot Sights or Quickdraw. Similarly, handling buffs from a barrel are usually too small to worry about. So Full Bore is good as is Hammer Forged Rifling. Corkscrew is basically OK, but not ideal. It grants 5 range, 5, handling and 5 stability. The last two aren't worth the mediocre range increase. Stability isn't even needed and the handling isn't a big enough deal given that you can make that up easily with other perks.

Really, you want perks that improve ADS speed, range and damage that don't leave you vulnerable.

I should have prefaced that I main wraith hunter in PVP. So I'm sliding into engagements to try and get a quick pick with my sniper, if I miss I move on immediately. I don't stick around.

Sure it's a throw away perk essentially when you aren't making use of BB but I'd argue that BB comes into play more than people give it credit for.

If this sniper had less handling I would have said snap or QD for sure.

Given that most roaming supers that people run these days (Striker, Stormtrance, Novawarp, Arcstrider, Dawnblade) having a real chance to counter with 1 tap I think is better than the other perks. Now if you're a MLG pro god and can rapidly hit 2-3 headshots with a rapid frame sniper as a roaming super is coming to you, then sure, BB is essentially worthless. And just to give context to some of the less knowledgeable pvpers out there, rapid frames CANNOT 1 shot an enemy roaming super without some sort of damage buff. Adaptives (Beloved) and Aggressive (Revoker) can.

BB is useful really to just nail a roaming super IF and only if you are able to safely be in position for it. If you have enough distance vs a roaming super in a 1v1 you should have enough time to have BB proc before they get to you. Due to it's range and damage assist you can also get really nice picks on long range maps when someone is dumb and pops a roaming super far away (such as Altar of Flame). It's also one of the only perks that can directly give you that edge given how high the natural handling of the sniper is.

Box Breathing does not require crouching to proc by the by. I know because I was using Tranquility with Box Breathing on leviathan to get kills for Memories of Omar Agah. The perk kept activating and I was not crouched.

I also believe it will proc even while moving. The prerequisite for it is just ADS.

The Huckleberry with it's catalyst is a fucking monster in pve. It's my go-to for almost everything, it would be my always go-to if we could put antibarrier mods on it but since we can't there's times I need to leave it at home for nightfalls

Huckleberry with catalyst is amazing. It's too bad we can't put the mods on it.

I'm a mostly solo pve player with minimal pvp, but I'm plugging away at getting Recluse. I'm around 40 points away from Heroic I Glory, so making slow but steady progress. I'm playing it safe and not playing it again until after I get the weekly bonus tomorrow, which will get me the last bit to Heroic I. I do enjoy Iron Banner, and don't suck at it too badly. Don't forget to hold IB bounties until Thursday reset, when the pinnacle rewards should go to +2 over current power level instead of only +1. That'll make leveling the base power level a lot easier.

Box Breathing does not require crouching to proc by the by. I know because I was using Tranquility with Box Breathing on leviathan to get kills for Memories of Omar Agah. The perk kept activating and I was not crouched.

I also believe it will proc even while moving. The prerequisite for it is just ADS.

I was thinking of firmly planted specifically, but boxed breathing means you have to scope in longer than you need to in order to proc it. This leaves you vulnerable.

I was thinking of firmly planted specifically, but boxed breathing means you have to scope in longer than you need to in order to proc it. This leaves you vulnerable.
Agreed, even PvE it leaves you vulnerable outside of the odd occasion. I was just pointing it out as you did lump them together, sorry.

Agreed, even PvE it leaves you vulnerable outside of the odd occasion. I was just pointing it out as you did lump them together, sorry.

I did lump them together as perks that are generally less than ideal for PvP, but one has the crouch requirement while the other does not.

I love me some slug shotties for PVP. I have a gunnoras axe that never leaves that slot. Between that and a Rapid Hit/Rangefinder Spare Rations....that's all I use anymore. Gunnoras has more range than the Blasphemer, actually I believe it hits the cap pretty easy....leaving it open for non range perks.

Anoyne know if the izanagis quest is broken again now that they "fixed" it? I have the step to acquire the keys but no matter how many max tempered runs I do it never drops the key or updates, I cant open the box back there.

EDIT: nevermind, its really really really really broken now apparently. Thanks bungie.

Last edited:
Anoyne know if the izanagis quest is broken again now that they "fixed" it? I have the step to acquire the keys but no matter how many max tempered runs I do it never drops the key or updates, I cant open the box back there.

EDIT: nevermind, its really really really really broken now apparently. Thanks bungie.

Yeah, if you have a Rare bounty, don't waste it.

I've had my Burden and Catalyst since they were available but i'm of the opinion that the people who can't get it right now should just have it show up in the postmaster. This is ridiculous what everyone is being put through for the absolute top tier DPS weapon in the current meta. You can't get a good LFG for the raid if you don't have it and that's really saying something.

Just fyi:

"Destiny 2 Hotfix 2.6.1.1 is tentatively planned for Thursday, November 7. It contains some quality-of-life fixes for the sandbox and Season Pass weapon acquisition. One of the more major changes deals with your pursuit of pinnacle Power. While we’ll be providing a patch note preview below, we have some words from the team on our initial goals for pinnacle Power and why we’re making some adjustments.

Dev Team: When we designed the pinnacle band of Power for Season 8, our intent was to provide an aspirational progression that reflects participation in some of the more difficult and time-limited content of Destiny 2. This was meant to be a slower progression than the powerful reward band, but one that wasn’t a gateway to accessing content.

We’re not hitting our goals for the availability of rewards in all slots for the pinnacle-level rewards. You may have experienced getting duplicate Energy weapon drops from these sources, which is compounded by the need to get a drop in all slots in order to gain enough Power to raise your character’s overall Power by 1. To mitigate this, we have increased the Power granted by pinnacle rewards to +2 instead of +1.

Once this change goes live, only four slots will be needed to increase your character’s average Power, at which point your powerful rewards will allow those slots that you might have missed to catch up. Our goal is that the pinnacle band remains a reward for tackling the more prestigious challenges, but takes some of the sting away from receiving multiple drops in the same slot. We appreciate all the feedback that we’ve received on this, we and hope to hear more from you on how this band of progression feels with the new change.

PLEASE NOTE: As this change is currently planned for next Thursday, players should wait to earn their pinnacle rewards until this hotfix is available so they can take advantage of the +2 change."

Don't turn in IB bounties until Thursday!

Oh man, IB already. I need to jump into Survival for Glory and get Randy's done which is the last thing I need for the Undying collections badge.

Or do I finish up the toothbrush quest for the FoTL Triumph?

Or work on random Moon triumphs?

Or more Haunted Forest runs for the last Terror kills?

Raid/Dungeon runs are going to wait till Thursday.

Man, it can never be said that there isn't enough to do in Destiny, especially for a collector/triumph hunter.

Also Zupah is 997 Power Level and nearing in on 999. Once he gets there, he's going to solo Shattered Throne and maybe something will happen?

https://www.twitch.tv/zupahdupah

If you're out of the loop on why this is significant: https://www.shacknews.com/article/114672/a-destiny-2-player-is-approaching-power-999

tl;dr reaching PL 999 then killing Dul Incaru solo is supposed to end the Dreaming City curse cycle.

Bungie is dumb. Games are dumb. All said, that’s a crazy undertaking he’s going for so best of luck to him.

I'm 965 power and thought that was pretty good. 997 power is just insane.

Also, slowly making progress for Recluse, almost to Heroic II Glory, so I'll eventually get to Fabled I. I figure Recluse will get nerfed about the time I finally get it. :(

I love me some slug shotties for PVP. I have a gunnoras axe that never leaves that slot. Between that and a Rapid Hit/Rangefinder Spare Rations....that's all I use anymore. Gunnoras has more range than the Blasphemer, actually I believe it hits the cap pretty easy....leaving it open for non range perks.

While it does have more range, I believe on slug's there's a hard cap so it may not matter. What matters is that Blasphemer has almost DOUBLE the aim assist, 34 vs 61 and just all around better stats outside of range. I have a "god roll" Gunnoras and have been grinding for a Blasphemer as well without any luck

Gunnora's:
Full Bore
Assault mag
Range MW
Quick Draw
Opening Shot

Ideally looking for an identical roll to test out the aim assist/range fall off which I doubt will have any given the last time Azteccross tested slug shotty ranges.

Oh, that's good to know about the aim assist. I wasn't aware of that. Yes, there is a hard cap, Gunnoras hits that pretty easily, so you can have a few perks used for something else and still be at that point. IE, I have swashbuckler on mine and find it more handy than I thought. I don't find aim to really be an issue with the gunnoras, but I'm gonna keep trying for curated roll on blasphemer. No luck yet.

Oh, that's good to know about the aim assist. I wasn't aware of that. Yes, there is a hard cap, Gunnoras hits that pretty easily, so you can have a few perks used for something else and still be at that point. IE, I have swashbuckler on mine and find it more handy than I thought. I don't find aim to really be an issue with the gunnoras, but I'm gonna keep trying for curated roll on blasphemer. No luck yet.

Yea mostly you want AA for that bullet magnetism factor on PC. But generally relying on it is a crapshoot. I do find that AA/magentism seems most prominent on snipers. Sometimes I just get the weirdest headshot flicks where I've written off the shot but it shows up as a headshot and I'm just like WTF.

Jerks. :)

Speaking of which, the whole 999 power/solo throne turned out to be a letdown for now.

Jerks. :)

Speaking of which, the whole 999 power/solo throne turned out to be a letdown for now.

Regardless, it was a cool event.

Dude had done one ST run ever before last night. Had 25k people watching and Gladd, Chevy, Modern and Sweat from Redeem in your ear coaching you.

He was clearly nervous but he got it done.

Now, to wait for the Byf video explaining what happened.

Regardless, it was a cool event.

Dude had done one ST run ever before last night. Had 25k people watching and Gladd, Chevy, Modern and Sweat from Redeem in your ear coaching you.

He was clearly nervous but he got it done.

Now, to wait for the Byf video explaining what happened.
I heard he had also been awake for like 30 hours grinding to get to 999 to. Even though nothing crazy happened in game I'm sure Bungie is planning to do something for him.

Grinding that Izanagi's Burden catalyst was painful. The leviathan should be pretty much empty of legionaries now ... you're welcome.

Back