Destiny 2

ya, preload went smooth, its to bad more people didn't take advantage of the preload

Mine did as well. We'll see how things go when they actually bring the servers back online. I'm hoping for a smooth transition, but I won't get my hopes up too much.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Mine says its ready to launch. Of course, it's actually doing updates prior to launching.

like this
Mine did as well. We'll see how things go when they actually bring the servers back online. I'm hoping for a smooth transition, but I won't get my hopes up too much.
my pc at home says the game is now unpacking, 6 min to go. Just tried my ps4 though and its still saying servers are offline, ps4 did a 20gb update last night so I think its good to

like this
Mine says its ready to launch. Of course, it's actually doing updates prior to launching.
oh shit just tried again on my ps4 and its now saying game is at capacity and im in que! Which means servers are up

edit: pc just finished unpacking and same messge there now to, game is live

Mine unlocked finally, but the game is at capacity and asks me to hold on, no way to cancel or leave the game, alt-F4 it is then.

166,915 166,915 Destiny 2

I knew this game would take off on Steam especially it being Free =) The game being on Steam probablly extended the life of the game for 1-2 years now.
Myself I'm still downloading all 80+ gigs

The thing is there are alot of MMOS like I thought Rift deserved more attention
then what it got when it was ported to Steam game is still active but it's kinda
graveyard now since it's about 8 years old and Trion basically doesn't exist.
Same with Dirty Bomb I thought that game would do alot better than it did it clicked all the right buttons.

Mine unlocked finally, but the game is at capacity and asks me to hold on, no way to cancel or leave the game, alt-F4 it is then.

Yeah, that's why I'm waiting till I get home. The official unlock was 9am PST, and I'm not excited enough about this to skip a day of work.

But I preloaded last week, so it should be ready to roll when I get home in 4 hours.

Was there any point to the pre-load? Mine basically made me re-download the whole thing.
Character port seemed to work fine. Mine kept my settings (I purged everything locally) as well.

The predownload was to hopefully space folk apart and not slam the file servers with requests.

I made the mistake of exiting for a few minutes. Went to log back in and I've been stuck in the queue for 20 minutes. :(

Migration and everything worked perfectly for me. Great job.

I haven't launched the new client yet... I'm almost afraid to heh

- Will def check it out sometime later today.

(does it import all of your settings/config or should I look forward to dialing everything back in?)

I haven't launched the new client yet... I'm almost afraid to heh

- Will def check it out sometime later today.

(does it import all of your settings/config or should I look forward to dialing everything back in?)

Everything moved over from graphical settings to keybinds.

Got a good 3 hours in but now i'm back at the queue. Lots of people are back to waiting to join again. Right now probably isn't the best time to try and load it up.

Last edited:
I don't know if it has the power to overthrow PUBG but it could happen later today or on the weekend.

Bungie screwed this up about as bad as I could have imagined. I'm not sure why connectivity is beyond their understanding. This game must have the least resilient net code of all time. I constantly thrown back to orbit or back to the spawn for the moon or planet I'm on. It takes three attempts to reach the tower. Each time, I get removed from the game world and sent back to orbit with the stupid "beaver" error code. These stupid nondescript error codes have been a constant plague on the game since day one. Going into year three and continuing to have these issues is just sad. It seems that every time they patch the game connectivity issues abound. It's literally the only game that does this to me. It threw me all the way out, forcing me to go back through the queue. I'm number 12096. That number hasn't changed in quite awhile. So in addition to the shitty netcode, they woefully under estimated their capacity and we aren't even at peak times every where in the country yet.

Bungie also lied, masterworks for the Solstice Armor didn't carry over. So there was no point in grinding that out. As is the case with any of the game's armor. The new 2.0 arrmors of course depend on additional mats you won't have a lot of, so be prepared to have no perks or one perk on your gear instead of the two or three you have on your year 2 gear. You at least get the choice as to what those perks will be, and the newer armor supports previous Eververse gear as ornaments. They've gone wild with the cash shop, but it in a good way. Lots of good ornaments, fortunately, these are obtainable via bright dust in two weeks. Lastly, thanks to the light level of everything in Shadowkeep, my worst fears about the game's enemies being total bullet sponges was well founded. It's a slog to get through anything in the expansion so far.

Menus and many aspects of the game do seem to be improved. However, there are some steps backwards such as the triumphs menu. Many, if not all triumphs have multiple stages of progress to them. When complete, instead of clicking the triumph once, you have to click it three, four or more times to complete it. This is a change no one asked for and one that doesn't make any sense. I don't understand what they were thinking with that.

I can't say I'm very happy so far. There are a lot of good things here, but this login and connectivity crap is just plain bullshit. Aside from that, the good seems to vastly outweigh the bad, but there are still some bonehead decisions here on Bungie's part.

EDIT: I got an error saying the login servers are unavailable. So, whatever place I had is likely lost.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why connectivity is beyond their understanding
We know why, it's because the game is not purely based on dedicated servers; it uses a weird "hybrid P2P with dedicated server authentication" sort of network setup. I don't think they ever revealed the reason, but speculation is they did it to cut costs.

There's articles where you can read upon their bullshit PR spin on this if you want. Destiny 2 Uses a Hybrid of Client-server and P2P Tech Instead of Pure Client-server Networking Model

We know why, it's because the game is not purely based on dedicated servers; it uses a weird "hybrid P2P with dedicated server authentication" sort of network setup. I don't think they ever revealed the reason, but speculation is they did it to cut costs.

There's articles where you can read upon their bullshit PR spin on this if you want. Destiny 2 Uses a Hybrid of Client-server and P2P Tech Instead of Pure Client-server Networking Model

So that's why it's a complete cluster fuck and about as reliable as a Yugo with a salvage title on it. I will give them this, when it works, the thing performs fantastically. Unfortunately, reliability is never there. I have problems with connectivity multiple times in a week. I can sometimes stay logged in for two days, other times I can barely manage 20 minutes.

How long did it take you guys to get in? I’ve been sitting here for a while now.

Tried to play again beeing back home now, 7k queue at midnight, fuck this, I'll try at a later date. Thought I made some headway at the start but it was just to accept a few things and then land in the queue.

Luckily I did not buy anything new yet as I don't even now if the migration went as planned.

Actually, I'm not sure how the Queue works. The number went down to 183xx and is now up to 189xx.......

I seem to recall playing MMOs that gave queue priority to paying users, I wish they did something like that here.

Last edited:
Bungie screwed this up about as bad as I could have imagined. I'm not sure why connectivity is beyond their understanding. This game must have the least resilient net code of all time. I constantly thrown back to orbit or back to the spawn for the moon or planet I'm on. It takes three attempts to reach the tower. Each time, I get removed from the game world and sent back to orbit with the stupid "beaver" error code. These stupid nondescript error codes have been a constant plague on the game since day one. Going into year three and continuing to have these issues is just sad. It seems that every time they patch the game connectivity issues abound. It's literally the only game that does this to me. It threw me all the way out, forcing me to go back through the queue. I'm number 12096. That number hasn't changed in quite awhile. So in addition to the shitty netcode, they woefully under estimated their capacity and we aren't even at peak times every where in the country yet.

Bungie also lied, masterworks for the Solstice Armor didn't carry over. So there was no point in grinding that out. As is the case with any of the game's armor. The new 2.0 arrmors of course depend on additional mats you won't have a lot of, so be prepared to have no perks or one perk on your gear instead of the two or three you have on your year 2 gear. You at least get the choice as to what those perks will be, and the newer armor supports previous Eververse gear as ornaments. They've gone wild with the cash shop, but it in a good way. Lots of good ornaments, fortunately, these are obtainable via bright dust in two weeks. Lastly, thanks to the light level of everything in Shadowkeep, my worst fears about the game's enemies being total bullet sponges was well founded. It's a slog to get through anything in the expansion so far.

Menus and many aspects of the game do seem to be improved. However, there are some steps backwards such as the triumphs menu. Many, if not all triumphs have multiple stages of progress to them. When complete, instead of clicking the triumph once, you have to click it three, four or more times to complete it. This is a change no one asked for and one that doesn't make any sense. I don't understand what they were thinking with that.

I can't say I'm very happy so far. There are a lot of good things here, but this login and connectivity crap is just plain bullshit. Aside from that, the good seems to vastly outweigh the bad, but there are still some bonehead decisions here on Bungie's part.

EDIT: I got an error saying the login servers are unavailable. So, whatever place I had is likely lost.

The majority of times I have been DC'd since I started playing when the base game was given away for free have been local network related. I vaguely recal one or tro times thewre was an outage on their end.

As for the issues today, I expected it. They migrated to a new platform, they enabled cross play AND released a new expansion on the same day. Bungie has been more transparent about ongoing issues today than I have ever seen from other gaming companies. If they were still with Activision this downtime (not counting the 24 hour maint) would likely go on for days. I've seen it happen with WoW

Anyone that got to play a bit before the servers took a dump: did they change how strafing works? I haven't played in a few months, but I don't remember it being so restrictive. Strafing does basically nothing when you are sprinting.

Yeah, that's the main reason I didn't feel like paying real money for the game when it finally came to it. they didn't really grow up with the platform change, so I decided they didn't want my money.

I can always wait until tomorrow to give this train wreck a go :rolleyes:

You know, with all the money these AAA devs/pubs have you'd think they'd have extra capacity on hand for launches. You know there's gonna be a fuck ton of people all trying to get in, plan for it.

How long did it take you guys to get in? I’ve been sitting here for a while now.

Instantly when I launched, and got a good three hours of uninterrupted game play and was blown away.

The past three hours I've been playing other things while I have the queue in the background but what I did get to experience was awesome and I can't wait till this settles down to jump back in!

Anyone that got to play a bit before the servers took a dump: did they change how strafing works? I haven't played in a few months, but I don't remember it being so restrictive. Strafing does basically nothing when you are sprinting.

I think I felt something weird about that too! Thought it might have been just me but I guess not.

I'll probably wait a few days before trying to connect again. I was getting disconnects when I first started. Then an 8000 que and then 18000 que.

So is it worth downloading to play the leveling up story portion of the game if you have no intentions of going full time with it?

So is it worth downloading to play the leveling up story portion of the game if you have no intentions of going full time with it?

Yeah the free stuff is definitely worth playing through especially if you have someone to play coop with.

I put in about 3 hours (after the servers came back up from the emergency maint) and had zero issues. Unlocked the moon (which looks bad ass) and quested a bit. Have to get up fopr work at 5am so calledit a night early.

Back