Destiny 2

Got the Wendigo last night.. thanks for the accelerated option now I can stop being the jackass with lion+catalyst in normal strikes.. I'll say.. I am a little underwhelmed with Wendigo.

It is definitely underwhelming unless you get 6 charges of explosive light.

It's definitely strong, for those first 6 shots, but the ability to clear out orbs and making sure you have the 6 can require a lot of thought as opposed to just a 150 with spikes.

Got the Wendigo last night.. thanks for the accelerated option now I can stop being the jackass with lion+catalyst in normal strikes.. I'll say.. I am a little underwhelmed with Wendigo.

Arc singe + 6x Explosive Light is silly powerful. Have to make use of the Explosion Light for it to really get going.

Okay.. I'll try loping around tonight and see about pumping those orb numbers.

Okay.. I'll try loping around tonight and see about pumping those orb numbers.
Come to think of it another reason it's my go to in things like strikes is the Auto Loading Holster. You don't know how good that is until you don't have it.

I have Auto Loading Holster on my Outrageous Fortune and Gunnora's Axe. REALLY appreciate that perk on those. So, +1 on that from me.

I also take advantage of the reload perk on Transversive steps all the time. Between that and the speed I really don't like taking those things off.

Last edited:
Come to think of it another reason it's my go to in things like strikes is the Auto Loading Holster. You don't know how good that is until you don't have it.

It's not a big deal to me outside of guns like the Loaded Question. For normal guns, I keep them topped off as a matter of habit. I'd rather use that perk slot for something that helps range or damage.

So far my only spike is a play of the game, has spike, auto loading, rampage and I enjoy it. Not sure if it's close to a swam or not for dps
lol

So far my only spike is a play of the game, has spike, auto loading, rampage and I enjoy it. Not sure if it's close to a swam or not for dps
lol

Swarm is popular because it's an aggressive frame so 150RPM, can roll with Spikes and most importantly, it's Void so it synergizes with the Tractor Cannon debuff.

If you're not using tractor and for instance relying on melting point for the solar debuff, something like Outrageous Fortune which is solar would make more sense.

Play of the Game is 120RPM and sadly there are no Arc debuffs so even with Spike grenades, anything else might make more sense.

lol

Swarm of the Raven is void, so it combines with the tractor cannon buff as stated above. However, outside of that, its the same as the other two aggressive frame grenade launchers. All three of which can roll with spike grenades.
  • Outrageous Fortune - Solar
  • Swarm of the Raven - Void
  • Acantha-D - Arc
I've got all three aggressive frame grenade launchers with Spike grenades. So I roll with whichever one will be most beneficial at the time. If you are in an activity that has a particular singe at the time, use that one unless someone in your group is using the Tractor Cannon.

Edit: Just picked up a curated Threat Level shotgun from Scourge of the Past as well as a curated Bane of Sorrow from the Crown of Sorrow raid.

Last edited:
Spare Rations farming time. I feel sorry for anyone who is solo queueing and isn't a warlock with well+luna faction. I get constant clan invites to go do reckoning with them because they're hunters/titans lol.

We farmed for a few hours last night, maybe 15 runs. 5 Spare Rations between, the 4 of us. Wasn't feeling that great.

The one I got was almost max range with full Bore and ricochet but a damn reload speed MW. Feels bad.

Man rngesus smiles on me today, did my 2 black armory forges and got Le Monarque then jotunn back to back. Sooo excited and happy I don't have to run that forge anymore lol

If anyone is looking for stuff to do right now, prepping for next season makes the most sense even if you're not going for week/day 1 raid completion.

This site makes it really easy to see where you stand: https://shadowkeep.destinyrecipes.com

Clicking the (!) next to each item gives you more information about how to acquire them and and for the bounties, which ones you want to complete and sit on for maximum reward.

Also farmed Spare Rations for a couple of hours last night. Seemed to drop quite often. That subsistence perk though.....that perk needs to slow it's role.

I did manage to get a Full Bore, Ricochet rounds, snapshot, slideshot roll with a reload speed mw. It's the best one I've gotten yet, but I'm really after something for PVE.

I thought so. Should make a decent PVP roll. Haven't actually tried it yet. I take it you're talking about the masterwork being reload instead of range?

Interestingly enough, some of the high level players talk about how Full Bore is not their preferred barrel but rather, Small Bore (+7/7 range/stability). So keep an eye out for that too for PVP.

LVL 30 newb here.

Should I be saving any yellow gear or purples that say they cant be re-acquired? Or is it safe to scrap anything I am not wearing?

LVL 30 newb here.

Should I be saving any yellow gear or purples that say they cant be re-acquired? Or is it safe to scrap anything I am not wearing?

First things first, in two weeks (October 1st), Shadowkeep is launching and all your gear on you and in your vault will immediately be upgraded to 750 Power Level. This makes everything i'm about to say below mostly irrelevant but its good info anyway to determine how the games deals with power level.

So "yellows" or Exotics as they're known can be re-acquired from Collections at any time. They will always drop at 20 Power below your current maximum power. If you're still leveling to 750 and an Exotic you like is keeping your current power level low, pull a new one from Collections.

Worth mentioning that your overall maximum power level is calculated not be what you're wearing but what you've acquired even if its in your inventory, vault or on a separate character (weapons at least, for that last one). New Powerful drops use this to calculate what they'll drop at.

An indispensable tool for any Destiny player is DIM or Destiny Item Manager and it will always calculate your overall Maximum power. I don't know any serious Destiny player who doesn't have DIM open at all times in the background.

As for the Purples or Legendary gear, always keep the highest Power Level gear (you DON'T have to wear it) as again, this is taken into account for your overall maximum power. Even if its not your highest level, you'll want to keep an eye on the roll or the "perks" on it. Now, in two weeks, this is all about to change at least for Armor so its not really that big of a deal. Once Shadowkeep launches, we're moving armor to "Armor 2.0" which is going to mean you'll want to reacquire everything again in a 2.0 variant, your current stuff will NOT be converted.

First things first, in two weeks (October 1st), Shadowkeep is launching and all your gear on you and in your vault will immediately be upgraded to 750 Power Level. This makes everything i'm about to say below mostly irrelevant but its good info anyway to determine how the games deals with power level.

So "yellows" or Exotics as they're known can be re-acquired from Collections at any time. They will always drop at 20 Power below your current maximum power. If you're still leveling to 750 and an Exotic you like is keeping your current power level low, pull a new one from Collections.

Worth mentioning that your overall maximum power level is calculated not be what you're wearing but what you've acquired even if its in your inventory, vault or on a separate character (weapons at least, for that last one). New Powerful drops use this to calculate what they'll drop at.

An indispensable tool for any Destiny player is DIM or Destiny Item Manager and it will always calculate your overall Maximum power. I don't know any serious Destiny player who doesn't have DIM open at all times in the background.

As for the Purples or Legendary gear, always keep the highest Power Level gear (you DON'T have to wear it) as again, this is taken into account for your overall maximum power. Even if its not your highest level, you'll want to keep an eye on the roll or the "perks" on it. Now, in two weeks, this is all about to change at least for Armor so its not really that big of a deal. Once Shadowkeep launches, we're moving armor to "Armor 2.0" which is going to mean you'll want to reacquire everything again in a 2.0 variant, your current stuff will NOT be converted.

Keep in mind that any exotic armor pulled from collections will have static rolls on it and not necessarily be as good as the ones that drop randomly in the game world.

I Just realized I am capped at 30 lol. And it looks like Forsaken has been pulled from the store in prep for going free to play.

I guess my lvl grind ends here for now.

I Just realized I am capped at 30 lol. And it looks like Forsaken has been pulled from the store in prep for going free to play.

I guess my lvl grind ends here for now.

The good news is that you only have to wait about two weeks to progress.

About Reckoning'd myself to death this weekend. Did manage to get Rapid Hit / Rangefinder roll, with "ok" other perks and a Threat detector /rampage roll with about the same other perks.

Definitely seems like drop rates were indeed buffed, but it just seems like all they did was buff the amount of shard material. Got a few curated rolls of the Outlast. One of the Doomsday.

The drop rates have improved in Gambit Prime as well. I got lots of weapons from that. I still don't have a decent Spare Rations, still no Doomsday.

Been farming Prime/Reckoning for the past few days. Curated Gnawing Hunger is real good and going to be better i'm hoping with some love to Auto's next season.

Best Spare Rations is also going to hopefully be a PvE beast w/ Subsistence/Rampage once they buff Subsistence next season.

Been farming Prime/Reckoning for the past few days. Curated Gnawing Hunger is real good and going to be better i'm hoping with some love to Auto's next season.

Best Spare Rations is also going to hopefully be a PvE beast w/ Subsistence/Rampage once they buff Subsistence next season.

That's the only Spare Rations I have. I hate it in its current form. Gnawing Hunger really isn't all that good. It's decent for an auto-rifle, which are crap right now. I'm not sure that next seasons buffs will do all that much. They are designed to offset the changes made to everything else that would otherwise make everything more of a bullet sponge than it already is. DPS from rocket launchers, grenade launchers and other crap is all going down due to the rally barricade and well nerfs.

That's the only Spare Rations I have. I hate it in its current form. Gnawing Hunger really isn't all that good. It's decent for an auto-rifle, which are crap right now. I'm not sure that next seasons buffs will do all that much. They are designed to offset the changes made to everything else that would otherwise make everything more of a bullet sponge than it already is. DPS from rocket launchers, grenade launchers and other crap is all going down due to the rally barricade and well nerfs.

sigh barricade nerfs, only 2 years later.

You know I thought so too which is why this one that I actually got a while back has been sitting in the vault. Decided to pull it out with the incoming buffs and honestly, I only ever had one yikes situation where I ran out of ammo but the whole rest of the time, you can keep Rampage stacks up constantly without ever having to reload.

Its actually quite silly how good it is and its only going to get better.

As for the Gnawing Hunger, its Overflow/Rampage on the curated roll. It's also pretty silly how long you can shoot for if you are walking over stacks. I enjoy it, its a good chagne of pace at this point from Recluse which is now at almost 29k kills. Gotta change it up sometimes!

For the PVE folks,

Some weapon buffs aren't accounted for such as full court and firing line which would make certain archetypes really really good. Don't shard those Doomsdays!

Taking a break, figured I'd say hi. Stopped playing D2 hardcore about a week ago after finally getting Luna's/Recluse. Still need Mountaintop, but i needed to not play Destiny after the weeks of Comp. I finished a few badges by picking up some odds and ends like Worldline Zero (bleh). Been farming using the low light Forge method. Looking forward to Shadowkeep. Will probably fire up the PC version between now and then to get a feel for it. I have a good feeling about the next few months.

For the PVE folks,

Some weapon buffs aren't accounted for such as full court and firing line which would make certain archetypes really really good. Don't shard those Doomsdays!

I'd have to be able to get a Doomsday first.

You can have one of about 10 I got this week trying to get a decent spare rations.

I have terrible luck with RNG in games for the most part. I've only ever gotten two or three Spare Rations and they are all pretty awful. I've never gotten a single Doomsday despite farming the Reckoning and Gambit Prime. Plus, I blew all of my luck recently getting the curated Threat Level and the curated Bane of Sorrow.

I have terrible luck with RNG in games for the most part. I've only ever gotten two or three Spare Rations and they are all pretty awful. I've never gotten a single Doomsday despite farming the Reckoning and Gambit Prime. Plus, I blew all of my luck recently getting the curated Threat Level and the curated Bane of Sorrow.

I have this thing where I just get the same items over and over again....hence the 50 Doomsdays I got this week...and not a single one was full court with spikes

I seem to do OK loot wise in the raids. However, in any other activity I get screwed. I've made over 80 Austringer's, 50 Fixed Odds, 10 Epicurean's, 20 Imperial Decree's and still don't have either the PvE or PvP god rolls for any of them. It took me probably 30 Hammerheads to get the curated version, which is the desirable one. I made probably about as many Kindled Orchids and I've done over 30 Blast Furnaces with varying degrees of awful results. The Spiteful Fangs I get are barely of any use, much less have decent rolls. However, the desirable Bane of Sorrow took only about four of them to get. My second Threat Level was the one I wanted and the third one I got is decent, though not perfect.

I got a few doomsdays, even a curated one. I don't think any have spikes. Is there any nerf to spikes coming?

Didn't end this week with the roll I was wanting on spare rations (rapid hit / rampage) but I am loving a rapid hit / rangefinder roll I got. Got a snapshot / swashbuckler roll too last night, I'll give that a shot.

Back