Destiny 2

Eye of the Storm is an overrated perk. Any perk that requires you be nearly dead to work is a bad perk.

Eye of the Storm is an overrated perk. Any perk that requires you be nearly dead to work is a bad perk.

Generally, i agree and hate all those perks. However in this case i'll play devils advocate.

You get into a 1v1 with another HC user. You're not hitting all your shots and neither is he and you're trading blows. You both get within 1-shot range but Eye of the Storm comes into play and makes a shot you would have missed hit and you've won the 1v1. Now, in practice, it would be much more subtle but I'm willing to bet you would win more 1v1's with it than without it.

Generally, i agree and hate all those perks. However in this case i'll play devils advocate.

You get into a 1v1 with another HC user. You're not hitting all your shots and neither is he and you're trading blows. You both get within 1-shot range but Eye of the Storm comes into play and makes a shot you would have missed hit and you've won the 1v1. Now, in practice, it would be much more subtle but I'm willing to bet you would win more 1v1's with it than without it.

This is the real advantage of EoTS. When you really pay attention to it, such as watching replays of yourself dueling, it becomes very apparent how noticeable of an effect it has on you. Of course if you're a god tier aimer, then yea it's pretty useless but so are all the other slots on Austringer in that position imho.

Spare rations is better in every way anyway xD

Also, been forcing myself to play my hunter for PvP and man does it just feel bad to go back to warlock to PVP...I honestly feel bad for players in PVP when I'm able to just keep it going and can afford the sniper ammo.

Hell no. Spare Rations sucks.

Hmm, they're all the rage right now in high level crucible. Full Bore, ricochet, range masterwork rolls are hitting at full damage further than anything else outosde of Ace and at 150RPM, can't be beat.

Hell no. Spare Rations sucks.

Granted, you are allowed your opinion but general crucible stats disagree with you :p

Are you playing controller by chance?

I have found 150s really jarring at first but once you get the hang of them they feel so good. Not sure if you played Y1 but Midnight Coup was all the rage in PvE along with Dire Promise in PVP.

Also the stupid ridciulously high AA on 150s, specifically Spare Rations is what makes them stupidly good. You get the wildest headshots. I also hate how Austringer feels/sounds. Generally I'm either running Spare Rations, Last Word, Ace, Rose/Lumina, Duke/Crimil's in that order.

https://guardian.gg/2/weapon-stats/4/72/0/2019-08-04/2019-09-04

Free year two annual pass? Interesting.

Reduced price of Forsaken Complete Collection on PlayStation and Xbox. (Steam coming 10/1)

Free year two Annual Pass for all Forsaken owners on Sept 17.

Granted, you are allowed your opinion but general crucible stats disagree with you :p

Are you playing controller by chance?

I have found 150s really jarring at first but once you get the hang of them they feel so good. Not sure if you played Y1 but Midnight Coup was all the rage in PvE along with Dire Promise in PVP.

Also the stupid ridciulously high AA on 150s, specifically Spare Rations is what makes them stupidly good. You get the wildest headshots. I also hate how Austringer feels/sounds. Generally I'm either running Spare Rations, Last Word, Ace, Rose/Lumina, Duke/Crimil's in that order.

https://guardian.gg/2/weapon-stats/4/72/0/2019-08-04/2019-09-04

I don't like any of the energy based hand cannons. The Kinetic hand cannons are all better in my opinion. I favor the Ace of Spades, Last Word, etc. If I need a non-exotic, I usually opt for the Austringer even though mine are all less than ideal.

And fuck no on the controller.

I don't like any of the energy based hand cannons. The Kinetic hand cannons are all better in my opinion. I favor the Ace of Spades, Last Word, etc. If I need a non-exotic, I usually opt for the Austringer even though mine are all less than ideal.

And fuck no on the controller.

Haha the only reason I ask about controller is that basically from what I've read only LH/NF and LW are competitive with controller due to the stupid bloom crap Bungie uses.

I will admit that my PVE spare rations I actually hate using due to its weird recoil pattern + my PVP spare rations that has rapid hit really spoils me.

I don't like any of the energy based hand cannons.

To be clear, Spare Rations is a kinetic HC, not energy. Basically the Year 2 Midnight Coup but with random rolls. Its just been annoying as hell to farm up until this week.

If you get into high level PvP, everyone seems to be running one as you can outrage everything but Ace of Spades but do it quicker being a 150 (Ace and Austringer are 140's) The combination of Full Bore, Range Masterwork, Ricochet Rounds and maybe Range Finder/Opening Shot is just stupid. All that in combination with a 92 Aim Assistance stat compared to Austringers 75 and Ace's 70... At that moment, it just can't be beat.

I have some crappy rolls sitting around but I'm going to make an effort this week/weekend to sit in Reckoning to get a good one.

Ok completely unrelated to the above conversation but I just witnessed Cammy make the most savage play and had to share it.

8:08 to 8:36. Poor guy left the match!

I believe my Austringer has a range stat either like one tick above or below Ace. It really does feel to have every bit of the reach Ace does. Really want a good PVE roll though on Austringer. Tried last night and got nothing good.

Been running quite a few hits against XOL for community numbers.. man oh man.. that transmat effect doesn't want to drop for nothing!

Been running quite a few hits against XOL for community numbers.. man oh man.. that transmat effect doesn't want to drop for nothing!

Meanwhile I've run Strange Terrain about 100 times and I've never seen the Osprey. That transmat effect drops for me all the time.

I'd never keep two of something like that. If it isn't a weapon I'd actually use on more than one character with great regularity, I'd break down the second one to harvest more enhancement cores.

On another note, I finally got the Recluse.

Glad to see in the TWAB that now that I got me a Swarm w/spikes that the void benefit will become useless soon. Pretty much my luck with any weapon I REALLY want. Takes forever to get it then........nerf. Yay.

Hopped into the Reckoning and can confirm.....drop rates are much better now. Drop rates still won't get me in Gambit Prime though, screw that. Kinda ready for next week when the spare rations is on order.

Ok, so Gambit prime is better than I remember. Plus, the weapon drops are literally raining. The 1-2 punch Last Man Standing is a beast of a gun.

Nope. PC Master Race all the way here.
:(
I never play shooters on console but I got this free and got hooked.
Was with a clan for last 8 months but things just took a shit,

Might be for the best with BL3 coming out but...

I hate to think I played all this time and never did a raid.

:(
I never play shooters on console but I got this free and got hooked.
Was with a clan for last 8 months but things just took a shit,

Might be for the best with BL3 coming out but...

I hate to think I played all this time and never did a raid.

Just move your account to PC?

So, I got the base game for free.
I then payed for Forsaken and the pass and I forget whatelse...

I aint payin twice.

But... thanks for the suggestions... Just thought I'd ask

I aint payin twice.
Transferring your account to Steam is free. Costs nothing. The game will legitimately support cross platform saving from Oct 1.

Only need to pay for new content (obv), such as expansions, season passes etc.

So I don't have any friends to do raids with. I'm at a weird point where I've beaten forsaken campaign and done some daily stuff but I'm not really sure where to go next.

There are the Black Armory forges to unlock and weapons to craft. There is also the Reckoning stuff and Xur has some quests to do. There are also tons of exotic weapon quests to do. Lumina, Ace of Spades, Truth, just to name a few.

So I don't have any friends to do raids with. I'm at a weird point where I've beaten forsaken campaign and done some daily stuff but I'm not really sure where to go next.
There are the Black Armory forges to unlock and weapons to craft. There is also the Reckoning stuff and Xur has some quests to do. There are also tons of exotic weapon quests to do. Lumina, Ace of Spades, Truth, just to name a few.
I've also had some really good luck with the destiny app and the lfg function. Managed to get into a few raids willing to carry a noob so I could learn and had alot of fun.

I aint payin twice.

I've preached it here many times but maybe not recently.

The BEST place to get started raiding without a doubt is www.reddit.com/r/DestinySherpa

Most other methods for finding a group aren't explicit with accepting noobs or have someone really qualified and willing to teach one.

DestinySherpa pairs an expericed "sherpa" with 5 other guardians all looking for a chill learning experience.

Of course, you can get lucky elsewhere but trust me, that place is a godsend if you want a stress free, exciting way to learn a raid without any expectations besides showing up.

I leaned all 6 raids in D2 using that subreddit and met all the people I play with regularly through there as many of them are in the same boat you are.

Please, anyone here who hasn't raided check it out.

I've also had some really good luck with the destiny app and the lfg function. Managed to get into a few raids willing to carry a noob so I could learn and had alot of fun.

I have a raid team so I haven't needed that. Nearly all my gamer friends play Destiny 2.

I have a raid team so I haven't needed that. Nearly all my gamer friends play Destiny 2.
Ohhhh I have friends look at me!!!! lol, unfortunately for me only 1 friend plays d2 but he doesn't raid. Recently joined a new clan and they do so I'm hoping to start joining them.

I aint payin twice.

The game, all year one content, and select Forsaken content is going to be free on PC. The Year Two expansion pass including Forsaken content not included in New Light (campaign, raids, exotic quests) is going down to $15, as far as I know. So to continue playing the game as you know it on PC would only cost you $15.

After grinding for hours in Reckoning finally got a PvE Sole Survivor

Arrowhead Brake
Extended Mag
Fourth Time's the Charm
Firing Line
Handling MW

Should be a beast come Forsaken for DPS given the somewhat indirect nerf to GLs

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I got bored this weekend and finally installed the base game that was given away during thanksgiving. Turns out I had a blast and should have checked it out ages ago.

As a newb should I be focusing on anything in particular or just hitting level cap?

Just do the story and try to get to level 50. Don't worry about your gear level at all. The moment the Shadowkeep expansion goes up, all of your gear is going to get boosted to 750 (the current max), so you will be able to do the new content immediately.

Just do the story and try to get to level 50. Don't worry about your gear level at all. The moment the Shadowkeep expansion goes up, all of your gear is going to get boosted to 750 (the current max), so you will be able to do the new content immediately.

Indeed. I wouldn't bother infusing anything right now. Just collect cores and shards.

Got the Wendigo last night.. thanks for the accelerated option now I can stop being the jackass with lion+catalyst in normal strikes.. I'll say.. I am a little underwhelmed with Wendigo.

Back