Destiny 2

I would focus on getting tags on the bosses at the very least. You only get credit for ones you touched. Ideally you should be in the 8-10 per run range if you're really hustling. I'm on my Hunter now and and i'm finding in the least efficient way to get around so i'll agree it's a little tougher.

That or get lucky and find a group doing the cheese.

I've had some good groups. I noticed a couple of times people were not bothering with "the bosses" and I'm guessing that's when they were targeted minis and racking up orbs. I'm trying to do the same. I'm a Hunter and I've got Stomp EEs on which help and my void loadout to match for today which is basically one of my top loadouts anyways. I'll get it done. It's not hard but a little time consuming.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...e-quest-step-eaz-miniboss-kills/#5bff80307262

Got a fireteam and we did the Cabal psion "cheese" for the mini boss criteria.

Last edited:
I've had some good groups. I noticed a couple of times people were not bothering with "the bosses" and I'm guessing that's when they were targeted minis and racking up orbs. I'm trying to do the same. I'm a Hunter and I've got Stomp EEs on which help and my void loadout to match for today which is basically one of my top loadouts anyways. I'll get it done. It's not hard but a little time consuming.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...e-quest-step-eaz-miniboss-kills/#5bff80307262

Got a fireteam and we did the Cabal psion "cheese" for the mini boss criteria.

So I'm all set with the Solstice Armor. Two hours of the above cheese and finally got that silly nonsense done.

I see each piece has certain criteria. (Helmet Nightfall 200K, etc. etc.) So I don't make any mistakes... what's next for me to do here? The armor steps (I'll have to get into a raid somehow, too I see)... what's this people are saying about re rolling the armor? Am I reading you all correctly? How do you do that? Where does the rest of the Solstice event come in at this point?

I also realize I need to start taking steps to prepare for Shadowkeep like baking year 1 stuff, eververse stuff, etc. All tips and pointers appreciated. :)

So really, you're done. Unless you want to finish your other two characters and also want the MMXIX title and the Voidstreak sparrow. The title required acquiring a full set of the Legendary armor and masterworking at least a single piece (among many other objectives, check the title under Triumphs). The Sparrow is from completing the full Legendary set on all three characters.

As for "re rolling" the armor, you should have quite a few Solstice packages at this point and plenty of keys to open them. Inside, you get a chance at getting more of the Solstice Legendary set with random rolls of course. Now, its a chance.. they seem rare enough but you can get lucky for some Enhanced perks. Planetary mats, crucible tokens, vanguard tokens and enhancement cores also drop from those packages.

As for Eververse, "source:eververse" in DIM will highlight all things that can be broken down for Dust and you're going to want to do that prior to the launch. After Shadowkeep, that stuff will only break down for glimmer/shards (most can be re-acquired from collections anyway).

So I'm all set with the Solstice Armor. Two hours of the above cheese and finally got that silly nonsense done.

I see each piece has certain criteria. (Helmet Nightfall 200K, etc. etc.) So I don't make any mistakes... what's next for me to do here? The armor steps (I'll have to get into a raid somehow, too I see)... what's this people are saying about re rolling the armor? Am I reading you all correctly? How do you do that? Where does the rest of the Solstice event come in at this point?

I also realize I need to start taking steps to prepare for Shadowkeep like baking year 1 stuff, eververse stuff, etc. All tips and pointers appreciated. :)

If you plan on getting the armor on any other characters, finish them before you do any of the things to masterwork a piece. If you masterwork a set before you finish others, you will have to do all of the masterwork challenges again. If you get all the armor first, the masterwork challenges will count for all of your characters.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Finally got a 'LFG' trio to run on Lake of Shadows five or so times for "Militia's Birthright". Had to bump up the card to 4 and change to make the 100k mark, but still had one idigt who kept trying to barrel through as if this was a speed run. Ran past enemies, and was dying left and right. A little annoying versus sticking with the pack and doing a clean sweep.

After getting it I realized I can slam a grenade launcher in all three slots and be the cock of the walk shooting death balls everywhere!

I think tonight I'll get another group up to go after Mindbender's Shotgun. I am not a large fan of that strike, but oh well. Grind baby grind.

I'm *technically* in a clan but they are on the PS4. (Loyalty and history with some people. ) I see for the solstice majestic grasps to get to masterwork you need 5 strikes with clan mates. I'm going to have to figure this out.

You don't *have* to masterwork any of it if you don't want to. Really it would only matter if you plan to finish everything for the MMXIX seal.

like this
The next few weeks we're going to learn a ton about the next year of play. Super excited! Luke's State of the Game is going to be great.

Couple points from the TWAB:

• PVP reveal soon
  • August 20th we can begin the process of moving our accounts to Steam.
  • Cross save begins August 21st.
  • August 14th, 10AM PST will be a Armor 2.0 Livestream going over the new system.
  • And one I think at least Q-BZ will appreciate, bringing the 100 miniboss requirement from 100 down to 50. AND, killing the final boss gives you 5% progress.

The next few weeks we're going to learn a ton about the next year of play. Super excited! Luke's State of the Game is going to be great.

• PVP reveal soon
  • August 14th, 10AM PST will be a Armor 2.0 Livestream going over the new system.
  • And one I think at least Q-BZ will appreciate, bringing the 100 miniboss requirement from 100 down to 50. AND, killing the final boss gives you 5% progress.

I too appreciate the miniboss kills change! Is this live now or Tuesday?

Edit : Nevermind it's Tuesday

I do appreciate that even though I cheesed it out last night. ;)

I just figured out I owned this game a couple weeks ago. Been having a lot of fun. Bought Forsaken and about to hit 50.

Nice!

I got started last Thanksgiving weekend when they gave the base game away for free. I ended up buying everything and I've played it nearly daily ever since.

Nice!

I got started last Thanksgiving weekend when they gave the base game away for free. I ended up buying everything and I've played it nearly daily ever since.

Same here I started playing when it went free and have been playing it non-stop. I never thought it would pull me away from Overwatch, but it did. Comparing it now to Overwatch that game seems so bland.

Man I don't get how anyone can do these solstice armors for 3 characters. Just finished my 10 Gambit matches last night and im so sick of it lol. Just have the eaz mini bosses left and I can upgrade, sitting at 58/100. Im sure if I'm gonna grind the last 42 or just wait till Tuesday for them to drop it to 50.

On a plus side doing Gambit and eaz last night i had a few really really good rounds (top pve and pvp kills, top motes and top primevil damage) and ended up getting a bunch of triumphs done as well as accidentally completing the requirements for the oxygen sr3 reward lol.

Man I don't get how anyone can do these solstice armors for 3 characters.

Really taking my time on the third character. Had the first two done within a week but didn't have the patience to grind the third that quickly.

I have EAZ and a few Void guardian kills left then its all done.

Can't wait for the legendary sparrow called Void Streak that doest have a void streak behind it...

Man I don't get how anyone can do these solstice armors for 3 characters. Just finished my 10 Gambit matches last night and im so sick of it lol. Just have the eaz mini bosses left and I can upgrade, sitting at 58/100. Im sure if I'm gonna grind the last 42 or just wait till Tuesday for them to drop it to 50.

On a plus side doing Gambit and eaz last night i had a few really really good rounds (top pve and pvp kills, top motes and top primevil damage) and ended up getting a bunch of triumphs done as well as accidentally completing the requirements for the oxygen sr3 reward lol.

I'm not even half way done with the second character, and I'm feeling very little incentive to continue.

I've stuck with one character this entire time and I don't plan on deviating from that. I only have so much time to dedicate to one game. My hat is off to you guys.

I've stuck with one character this entire time and I don't plan on deviating from that. I only have so much time to dedicate to one game. My hat is off to you guys.

It's not that bad to gear multiple characters. In fact, doing all 3 at a time is technically the fastest way to hit max light. You have to have a lot of time to play for that, though. Every time the cap is raised, I generally stick to one character until I hit or get close to the cap. After that, just throwing the maxed weapons on another character and doing a weeks worth of powerfuls will basically put them near the cap as well. It's only slightly slower than doing them all simultaneously, but it fits my schedule.

It's not that bad to gear multiple characters. In fact, doing all 3 at a time is technically the fastest way to hit max light. You have to have a lot of time to play for that, though. Every time the cap is raised, I generally stick to one character until I hit or get close to the cap. After that, just throwing the maxed weapons on another character and doing a weeks worth of powerfuls will basically put them near the cap as well. It's only slightly slower than doing them all simultaneously, but it fits my schedule.

I play this game in stretches, and I don't think I ever made it to the cap since the game launched. There is one this this game excels at, that is making everything an enormous gated grind, and this coming from a guy who plays wow non stoip for the last 15 years with 15 max lvl toons.

like this
I'm usually at the light cap fairly fast. It's definitely better than the MMO grind for me. Generally speaking, I don't like the MMO game play enough to bother with griding in those games. I get bored fast. At least in Destiny, I'm doing the grind but I'm also shooting stuff.

like this
For grins: (If there is a guide for this please direct me to it)

If I wanted to fire up another character... what do you have to re-do and what do you NOT have to re-do? Simply put. I don't want to replay the entire and that stuff again. I sure as hell don't want to redo some of those exotic weapons quests again. These sorts of things.

For grins: (If there is a guide for this please direct me to it)

If I wanted to fire up another character... what do you have to re-do and what do you NOT have to re-do? Simply put. I don't want to replay the entire and that stuff again. I sure as hell don't want to redo some of those exotic weapons quests again. These sorts of things.

Exotic weapons and any year one or pinnacle (seasonal) weapons can be pulled from collections. You do not have to redo any quests for those, although, many of them will appear again on the new character. You can safely abandon those quests. You will have to redo the single-player story content. You can pretty much ignore Mars and Mercury, but you'll have to redo Forsaken to get access to the Dreaming City. But you can access forges and what not without doing that. Emblems, triumphs, etc. are account wide, so you don't need to worry about those.

Last edited:
like this
Yeah, you can use an account boost during the new character creation that will skip CoO and Warmind. You'll start at 330 light? with both of those completed.

like this
Yeah, you can use an account boost during the new character creation that will skip CoO and Warmind. You'll start at 330 light? with both of those completed.

That's true. I forgot about that. It will also grant you the exotic rewards for completing those expansions as well.

like this
At this point, I'd wait for SK and New Light to drop before I made a new character. I want to see how new light works for 2nd and 3rd characters.

like this
At this point, I'd wait for SK and New Light to drop before I made a new character. I want to see how new light works for 2nd and 3rd characters.

Agreed.

How do you acquire account boosts? I had one in my inventory and that was it.

Agreed.

How do you acquire account boosts? I had one in my inventory and that was it.

Hmm, I don't remember it being something in your inventory, it was just a button you click during the new character creation.

Maybe I'm not remembering in correctly. I did it with my hunter when Forsaken dropped.

like this
Hmm, I don't remember it being something in your inventory, it was just a button you click during the new character creation.

Maybe I'm not remembering in correctly. I did it with my hunter when Forsaken dropped.

Nope, that's how it works. There is a symbol next to the character slots you haven't used yet. You click on that to boost a character to 30.

like this

• PVP reveal soon
Man, I am super excited to see where Bungie takes the Destiny franchise now that they are free from Activision's clutches. My level of caring has stagnated for so long that this feels really good.

Finally onto the masterworks portions of my armors now lol. Just a big FYI to others, menagerie will get you all 10 challenging enemy kills for your class item in 1 run. Just have the helm chest and glove to go now.

My 2TB games drive took a dump today, so I'm just watching the progress bar of almost a 100GB download for Destiny

Back