Destiny 2

i just started to play the free version they released on the blizzard launcher. i have one each class at 20(max i can go on free version) and finished story up for them. i was just waiting for a sale to pick up forsaken expansion. should i just wait till sept for the F2P ? it looks like the perorder includes everything but forsaken ?

Destiny 2 New Light will include everything from the game's first year. This will include The Curse of Osiris and the Warmind expansions. It will NOT include Forsaken or the Black Armory and Season of the Drifter content. Buying Forsaken grants you both the previous expansions. The annual pass is required for the Black Armory, Season of the Drifter, and Season of Opulence content. That stuff isn't going to change until September. At that point, Forsaken will still cost money. What I don't know is if the second annual pass will grant everything in the previous one. That is the Black Armory, Season of Opulence and Drifter content.

Oh, just to add, if you have Forsaken and all of that right now, you can get the Cayde's Stash exclusives that were part of Forsaken if you preordered it. They are placing one of these items per week in the Eververse store for purchase with Bright Dust for the first four weeks of Season of Opulence.

Last edited:
Destiny 2 New Light will include everything from the game's first year. This will include The Curse of Osiris and the Warmind expansions. It will NOT include Forsaken or the Black Armory and Season of the Drifter content. Buying Forsaken grants you both the previous expansions. The annual pass is required for the Black Armory, Season of the Drifter, and Season of Opulence content. That stuff isn't going to change until September. At that point, Forsaken will still cost money. What I don't know is if the second annual pass will grant everything in the previous one. That is the Black Armory, Season of Opulence and Drifter content.

It's like a light hybrid free to play model at least for the base game. Interesting.

It's like a light hybrid free to play model at least for the base game. Interesting.

As I said, its a good way to get more players and get people to buy the content. It worked on me back around Thanksgiving of last year. I played the game and enjoyed it immensely. I quickly hit the level cap and wanted more content, so I went ahead and bought the game. Between Forsaken and the Annual pass, I'm $80 into my free game. That's what Bungie is looking to do with this move.

While unfortunate, these F2P players are coming in September so.. :-P

Reminds me of waaaaay back when I first started and had my first fire team experience with another real person in Destiny 2 .... it was .... something.

IMG_1052.JPG

I'm so very pleased to see that Bungie has decided to fully embrace Steam once their contract is up with Activision/Blizzard launcher!

I bought Destiny 2 at launch but didn't end up playing it very much as my time was occupied elsewhere. I even picked up the original Digital Deluxe version that added the pre-order stuff, Deluxe special items, plus both Expansion 1 and 2 from the original Destiny 2 campaign. When Forsaken came, I didn't buy that as I wasn't really playing but I've heard nothing but good things, that lots of the original issues with Destiny 2 were fixed with the Forsaken expansion/update.

Now, as we move toward September's new setup, I am curious about getting into D2/Forsaken now, as I already have the base game and all. However, since the New Light announcement I've noticed some changes to the various (Blizzard launcher) game packs, so I was hoping you guys could clarify a few things.

Prior to New Light / Steam / New expansion announcement, I seem to recall there being both the ability to buy Forsaken on its own. If I recall, there were 3 version - standard, annual/season pass, and digital deluxe (which included a copy of the game + season pass + extra Deluxe items + extra Pre Order items if you didn't pre-order). This no longer seems to be available at all! Now, there only seems to be an a la carte purchase for the Forsaken Annual Pass (which is currently discounted to $15 ) and then there are two version of the game that include the original Destiny 2 as well: The "Legendary Collection" , which offer Destiny 2 base, base expansions 1 + 2, Destiny 2 Forsaken, and a level 30 boost, and the "Complete Collection" which has all of the above plus the Forsaken Annual Pass + Digital Deluxe Items (I think they're digital deluxe forsaken items - Awoken Legend Set). The latter is currently discounted from its normal $100 down to $40 !

So Forsaken is no longer able to be purchased a la carte it seems. I am guessing that the "Forsaken Annual Pass" will NOT include the Forsaken Digital Deluxe "Awoken Legends" items or "Cayde's Secret Stash" which was thepre-order Forsaken item, though I saw before that Digital Deluxe used to give it to you no matter when you bought? Nor will it let you play Forsaken without buying it? If this is all true, then the only way to get a copy of Forsaken for owners of the original Destiny 2 right now, especially if I want the Deluxe items, pre-order items, and Annual Pass... is to buy the Complete Edition? Is that correct? Buying the Complete Edition will provide all that I'm seeking - copy of Forsaken, Forsaken Annual pass, Forsaken Digital Deluxe items, Forsaken pre-order items? If so, I am guessing that the $40 Complete Edition is probably the cheapest it could possibly be to get all that - if there's a cheaper way, let me know?!

I have read that buying all this stuff now will benefit when things transition to Steam, as apparently older expansion content unlocks is not automatic for having a newer one - I heard people having the base game or forsaken without the Annual Passes talking about not being up to the same level or having to grind missing that content. So should I just bite the bullet for now and pay $40 and if I do, will it give me pretty much everything as described?

Blizzard was the only thing that stopped me from playing this. I uninstalled battle.net when they sent a clear message to PC gamers that they didn't want their business.

...when they sent a clear message to PC gamers that they didn't want their business.

I'll bite. Can you explain?

I always laugh at this launcher arguments. If i want to play the game, the little launcher i click play from is meaningless to me so i'm curious what this is all about.

I can't imagine the launcher choice keeping me from experiencing this amazing game.

I'll bite. Can you explain?

I always laugh at this launcher arguments. If i want to play the game, the little launcher i click play from is meaningless to me so i'm curious what this is all about.

I can't imagine the launcher choice keeping me from experiencing this amazing game.

Diablo immortal announcement at blizzcon. I had been feeling for a long time that blizzard had lost their way and this slap in the face was the last straw for me. I uninstalled battle.net in protest. I know that it means nothing to blizzard or their overlords but I won’t support them.

Last edited:
Diablo immortal announcement at blizzcon. I had been feeling for a long time that blizzard had lost their way and this slap in the face was the last straw for me. I uninstalled battle.net in protest. I know that it means nothing to blizzard or their overlords but I won’t support them.

This makes me laugh every time I see someone mention it. Blizzard's bread and butter is PC games, but since they announced a mobile game they suddenly have turned their back on PC gamers.

This makes me laugh every time I see someone mention it. Blizzard's bread and butter is PC games, but since they announced a mobile game they suddenly have turned their back on PC gamers.

At minimum it was an amazing PR failure. I'm not really big into Diablo and that whole scene but I felt for them and I couldn't believe it when I watched it.

Watching the Diablo developers face that crowd when they broke that news was something for the ages. Everyone should watch that video once. I now know exactly what pin dropping silence and flying over like lead balloons really looks and sounds like with a large sized crowd.

"What? You all don't have smartphones?" One of them really popped off with that in the thickness of the silence. They really were that out of touch with the crowd. They really walked in there thinking they were dropping this golden goose... when instead they just dropped a big turd.

Incredible. It was like EA Corporatese and Todd Coward from Bethesda caliber all over again from a company that is *supposed* to know better.

If they had simply come out and said something like "We're putting this out first and while working on (fill in the blank)" it would have gone over quite a bit better I think.

I (and likely many others) aren't against supporting multiple platforms. There's plenty of easy money to make on the mobile market. But damn, the way this was handled was an epic PR failure at least.

The jury is out on the PC gaming thing but no question a Diablo fan has a lot of room right now to be pretty unhappy with them. I guess Toe's post tells me that things really haven't changed as of yet.

They waited this long.

I think Toe and others are really going to like Destiny 2 and they can get it on Steam in the Fall. I know a lot of fence sitters that are going to jump on board and try the base game in the Fall for "free" with the big changes coming. I like Bungie's prospects right now in a big way. They need to be smart and not get too far ahead of themselves.

Last edited:
So is Bungie offering to just transfer accounts or do you have to buy the game again on Steam?

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
So is Bungie offering to just transfer accounts or do you have to buy the game again on Steam?

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/0...ving-from-battlenet-to-steam-and-stadia-on-pc

Apparently full fledged save crossover including Battle.Net to Steam. Hell, I may make that move myself. I never used Battle.net except for this game.

"Current PC players will be able to bring all of their progress and purchases with them, including their Guardians, their vaults, and all of their progress – at no cost," Bungie says. We'll learn exactly how this migration from Blizzard's launcher to Steam will work at a later date.

Amazing. Hope it isn't a bugfest. ;)

I don't believe us PC gamers will have an option. We'll see come September but from what I'm reading we're going to have to migrate to Steam.

Already bought Shadowkeep over there!

End of the day though, like I said, It doesn't matter to me at all what launcher is open to click play from.

I don't believe us PC gamers will have an option. We'll see come September but from what I'm reading we're going to have to migrate to Steam.

Already bought Shadowkeep over there!

End of the day though, like I said, It doesn't matter to me at all what launcher is open to click play from.

I personally have had no issues with Battle.net in terms of performance, bugs, etc. so if it ain't broke don't fix it but if we "have" to migrate to Steam then that's fine so long as they hold our hands and make sure everything is ready for all that logistical heavy lifting. ;)

Sidebar: DIM needs to be made "official." :)

At minimum it was an amazing PR failure. I'm not really big into Diablo and that whole scene but I felt for them and I couldn't believe it when I watched it.

Watching the Diablo developers face that crowd when they broke that news was something for the ages. Everyone should watch that video once. I now know exactly what pin dropping silence and flying over like lead balloons really looks and sounds like with a large sized crowd.

"What? You all don't have smartphones?" One of them really popped off with that in the thickness of the silence. They really were that out of touch with the crowd. They really walked in there thinking they were dropping this golden goose... when instead they just dropped a big turd.

Incredible. It was like EA Corporatese and Todd Coward from Bethesda caliber all over again from a company that is *supposed* to know better.

If they had simply come out and said something like "We're putting this out first and while working on (fill in the blank)" it would have gone over quite a bit better I think.

I (and likely many others) aren't against supporting multiple platforms. There's plenty of easy money to make on the mobile market. But damn, the way this was handled was an epic PR failure at least.

The jury is out on the PC gaming thing but no question a Diablo fan has a lot of room right now to be pretty unhappy with them. I guess Toe's post tells me that things really haven't changed as of yet.

They waited this long.

I think Toe and others are really going to like Destiny 2 and they can get it on Steam in the Fall. I know a lot of fence sitters that are going to jump on board and try the base game in the Fall for "free" with the big changes coming. I like Bungie's prospects right now in a big way. They need to be smart and not get too far ahead of themselves.

No doubt that announcement was a disaster, but that doesnt = Blizz hates PC gamers.

Marco brings up some good points here. All and all high praise for someone that's largely into Division and so forth and by his own admission he's really not much of a Destiny 2 fan to begin with. At least for now.

The shift is beginning. ;)

I agree with him. It has large reaching ramifications for the industry depending on how it all goes.

He thinks that Destiny 2's size and prospects are going to blow up huge because of these changes.

I'll be playing Borderlands 3 when this game shifts over the #1 game Destiny was compared to at the original launch.

They waited this long.

You are correct man, and I will absolutely be on board now! What happens to the people that bought destiny 2 and the expansion when it goes f2p?

like this
You are correct man, and I will absolutely be on board now! What happens to the people that bought destiny 2 and the expansion when it goes f2p?

That's a good question. My guess is nothing unless they throw us vets a "thanks for being a day one supporter" bone. Maybe they will. Bungie is a pretty cool bunch and especially without the Activision handcuffs on.

If they don't? That's ok with me.

Time is money. I personally have no regrets myself because I've gotten more than my money's worth since day one out of everything. I keep coming back to it.

The base vanilla game is old enough now... it's fair. It's old news and the game has already come so far just since that. I'm cool with however they handle it.

Let me set people like you coming in up so you know what to realistically expect:

In the base game they forced some silly humor and the writing is very hit and miss. The story is "ok." Don't let that stop you.

The tone has been shifting ever since and now with Activision gone it's going to get even more serious sci-fi with ever improving writing and storytelling. I've been happy with it since Forsaken. So hold on. ;)

The base vanilla game can be and should be viewed as a glorified demo and I think most people understand that if they like the base vanilla game then frankly they will LOVE everything after that and open their wallets. I'm not overstating it. You hit Forsaken and everything is different and its onwards and upwards.

Everyone still has to pay for the "really good stuff." Forsaken, Shadowkeep, and these sorts of thing. That's fine.

We're several months out from the big changes and I expect we will learn more. Bungie is already gauging feedback and will likely make nuanced adjustments between now and big shift day.

Nothing at all, apart from fresh meat in the Crucible and Gambit for ranking up easier :)

Come September:

ST3LzzE.jpg

Moon's haunted

Ive already purchased D2 with forsaken, i beat the story mode for the base game i think.

like this
Just bought the Season Pass for $15. What a steal!

So the first Season Pass for September? Or the Annual Pass for the what we're in currently?

They're breaking it up in September into individual season passes so you can pick and choose if you want each season instead of what we're in now where we get the whole 9 month Annual Pass.

like this
I'm hesitant to make any moves now pre-migration to Steam. I'm casually eyeballing the Shadowkeeper Collector's Edition but likely will do digital deluxe.

If I pre-order this off Steam, I can't use it to play D2 till September?

They really should give you the free content now if you pre-order the exp. I would like to start leveling now so I'm ready when it launches but am not going to pay for content that will be free in a couple months.

They really should give you the free content now if you pre-order the exp. I would like to start leveling now so I'm ready when it launches but am not going to pay for content that will be free in a couple months.

They let us know the release cycle for New Light will be on the traditional September release date after this third of the annual pass. Would you rather they just not told you about it at all?

I would rather they give you the content that's going to be free now if you pre-order the new content..... Like I said.

It's kind of stupid they don't just send you a b-net key so you can get started lvling early. Even if it's just the base game that they gave away for free recently, at least you could get started with some action while you wait.

I would rather they give you the content that's going to be free now if you pre-order the new content..... Like I said.

It's kind of stupid they don't just send you a b-net key so you can get started lvling early. Even if it's just the base game that they gave away for free recently, at least you could get started with some action while you wait.

You assume they're allowed to do that.

Anyway, I believe i've posted in here before but I play regularly with 3 other guys and we're always looking for more, especially to raid more regularly as a group. If you're looking for a small, super casual place to hang out and especially if you want to do some raiding, please join!

https://discord.gg/bqCzKt

So are they completely removing it from Battle.net or just not adding the expansions? I'm going to miss Battle.net's blazing fast downloads. They could max out my gigabit. Steam's download slow as dog shit. I'm going to have to wait 10 minutes for updates to download instead of 1 minute :'(

So are they completely removing it from Battle.net or just not adding the expansions? I'm going to miss Battle.net's blazing fast downloads. They could max out my gigabit. Steam's download slow as dog shit. I'm going to have to wait 10 minutes for updates to download instead of 1 minute :'(

Completely removing it from Battle.net come September and there will be more information on how the whole transfer will happen later this summer per the ViDoc.

Completely removing it from Battle.net come September and there will be more information on how the whole transfer will happen later this summer per the ViDoc.

That's why I'm going to wait before ordering up the Shadowkeep stuff. It's only June.

Back