Destiny 2

After grinding for the 21% Delirium, I've have no desire to touch Gambit again for awhile.

100%. Dredgen and that gun and i'm finished for a while. I'm interested in a full Gambit Prime armor set to see those benefits but have no desire to grind for one.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
100%. Dredgen and that gun and i'm finished for a while. I'm interested in a full Gambit Prime armor set to see those benefits but have no desire to grind for one.

I did a ton of grinding in the Reckoning as well. I've got a full set of Notorious armor for Sentry, Reaper and Invader roles on my Titan. I've got a complete set of Sentry armor on my Hunter as well.

Finished zero hour normal yesterday, but after trying heroic once that is going to be a tough one for me...I suck at jumping.

like this
Speaking from experience, in Heroic mode the jumping is harder on a Hunter than on a Titan or Warlock.

I've noticed. ;) I envy the Warlocks floating along after I've died several times in the same spot.

Zero percent chance without Stomp EEs on my Hunter for Zero Heroic.

It seems like the Titan class is starting to become odd man out vs Warlock or Hunter but maybe I'm wrong about that.

I've noticed. ;) I envy the Warlocks floating along after I've died several times in the same spot.

It seems like the Titan class is starting to become odd man out vs Warlock or Hunter but maybe I'm wrong about that.

I've cleared it on my Titan in Heroic mode. It was fine. Lion Rampants make things easier, but I might not even need them. A Warlock has it slightly easier because they aren't effected by momentum in the same way.

Well, I think that's about it for the Seals i'm going to get. The others.. ehhh.

2Ga0Ubk.png

Hey Q-BZ did you get that Whisper run done?

Yeah, I think most if not all hunters swap on their Stompee's for that portion after you turn the corner. At some point, i'm going to run it on my Hunter to see what all the fuss is all about. Though I know from running it with my Fireteam, they're getting quicker but they still have to wait and time the little platforms that pop up. On my warlock w/ Transversives, I just back up on that little pipe right after the corner and just sprint then glide all the way to the solid pipe platform and don't have to worry about the folding platforms. Its quite nice :)

I've learned to love the jumping/platforming aspect of Destiny activities that's been there from the beginning. I remember watching guys do the giant piston room in Kings Fall thinking that it looked impossible.

like this
I've cleared it on my Titan in Heroic mode. It was fine. Lion Rampants make things easier, but I might not even need them. A Warlock has it slightly easier because they aren't effected by momentum in the same way.

Then honestly? I just suck and can't get the timing down. It's that simple. I still maintain that some of this platforming design is a little bit "too cute for words" but oh well. I've used KBM...a friggin' controller...flip to sword for the third person view. It just doesn't matter.

Yeah, I think most if not all hunters swap on their Stompee's for that portion after you turn the corner. At some point, i'm going to run it on my Hunter to see what all the fuss is all about. Though I know from running it with my Fireteam, they're getting quicker but they still have to wait and time the little platforms that pop up. On my warlock w/ Transversives, I just back up on that little pipe right after the corner and just sprint then glide all the way to the solid pipe platform and don't have to worry about the folding platforms. Its quite nice :)

I've learned to love the jumping/platforming aspect of Destiny activities that's been there from the beginning. I remember watching guys do the giant piston room in Kings Fall thinking that it looked impossible.

I'd rather do waves and waves of combat than the platforming. This game isn't Super Mario Bros. ;)

It's that external wall on Heroic Zero. I can even do Whisper's platforming a lot easier after warming up than that damned thing. I honestly am not sure I will ever get it done.

I did fully wrap up all Whisper and ship obligations yesterday so now I never have to see that place again at least. :) (although Zero has made me almost nostaligic for this which is saying something)

Emblem for Zero... in Normal or Heroic? What about Drifter's sidequest?

I think the Whisper of the Worm mission is far easier than this one. I'm starting to get it down, but its a pain in the ass every time. I've gotten the void and arc configurations done for the ship, as well as my clears for the catalyst. That's at 67% and I've completed all the required precision kills for that as well. So I should have the weapon squared away next week along with the ship. That is, unless there is some other step to that I don't know about.

Last edited:
Emblem for Zero... in Normal or Heroic? What about Drifter's sidequest?

Emblem can be earned on Normal. Maybe heroic too but it'll just be harder and its the same emblem. Drifter mentions looking for something and he's referencing the blueprint for the ship that's a kind of mini puzzle you have to do on each singe week.

It's all that spreadsheet stuff I was posting last week. It involves grabbing the Datapad in the first enemy room on Heroic mode then 3x key cards along the way to the vault. Once there, you have to "lock in" 49 terminals based on number sets generated from the three consoles in the room. I did a big write up about it last week here and there are lots of videos about it. If you're going to look it up, you'll want to search for "Arc Configuration". Last weeks was "Void Configuration".

Anyway, you need to do it once on each singe. Last week was Void, this week is Arc and next week is Solar. Luckily, the actually hard part is finding filling out the spreadsheet but that's solved by much smarter people than me and I just follow them.

So once next week rolls around, we'll have an exotic ship tied to the Zero Hour mission kind of like the extra stuff you had to do in Whisper to get that exotic ship.

I'm confused: On the fireteam lists I'm seeing people make fireteams for "Zero Hour Emblem 5 minute timer." I thought you had 15 minutes. What's this about?

I'm confused: On the fireteam lists I'm seeing people make fireteams for "Zero Hour Emblem 5 minute timer." I thought you had 15 minutes. What's this about?

You have 20 minutes total to complete the mission but you get the emblem if you beat it with over 5 minutes remaining. That's likely what they're talking about.

I have to say, Breakneck is not a bad auto rifle. May be swapping Huckleberry out for that in the interim.

Its good, for an auto rifle.. IF you proc Onslaught. Once you do though, mobs just get mowed down. Throw a Rampage Spec mod on it and its really, really good.

I have to say, Breakneck is not a bad auto rifle. May be swapping Huckleberry out for that in the interim.

Its probably the best auto-rifle in the game. With a rampage spec mod, and 3x stacks of rampage, the thing shreds almost like a heavy machine gun.

like this
That scene was fun. If you finished that mission, which I'm going to have to assume you did...

RIP Cayde. The Vanguard will never be the same again.

like this
Going to make an earnest effort to get that gambit infamy reset before the new season. Eeesh.. Mid mythic 2 right now, but that last 3k for legend looks ugly.

June 4th looks doable.

The only thing I want is the Recluse, but I'm burnt out on the Crucible after getting Thorn. I'm burnt out on Gambit after getting the Delirium.

Yeah the "points only for wins" in the legend area really worry me. I have had a good string of games, but then I had some real stinkers. AFK from the start, people going for more than 15 motes (literally watched a guy run over the same mote half a dozen times not getting why he couldn't pick it up), or people just stopping mid boss battle and go afk. Oh well.

Going to make an earnest effort to get that gambit infamy reset before the new season. Eeesh.. Mid mythic 2 right now, but that last 3k for legend looks ugly.

June 4th looks doable.

Save bounties! Every day you play, try and get Gambit bounties done and DON'T TURN THEM IN. You can breeze through Legend without even playing much if you have a lot of bounties to turn in as they give you Infamy. When I was grinding for my 3rd reset for the Ghost shell needed for Dredgen it was during Triple Infamy and the bounites also counted towards that so I didn't play a single game once I hit Legend. Not being triple infamy will affect that but still, if you have a bunch of bounties saved up once you get there, turn them in all at once.

The only thing I want is the Recluse, but I'm burnt out on the Crucible after getting Thorn. I'm burnt out on Gambit after getting the Delirium.

Yeah. I'm at the point where i'm just playing my 3 games in Comp a week then banking on the bonus Glory on resets to hopefully get me there. We'll see.

criccio - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... that sounds like an interesting route.. I mean my usual move was just get the dailys, and check them off as I get them done. Hoarding it is.

criccio - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... that sounds like an interesting route.. I mean my usual move was just get the dailys, and check them off as I get them done. Hoarding it is.

I would start hoarding and if at any point you don't think you're going to make it, start turning them in. However if you can, waiting until Legend before doing that will be the most useful.

So when I get to Spider is that basically the end of the story mode. He requires 5 bounties which seems like it's a pain to grind. I have enough for 1 but not sure if I want to keep playing if I hit a wall.
Still level 47 I think when I hit level 50 I'm going to be more bored. This game looks nice in the Forsaken Uprsing zone but the rest of the game doesn't look like that. I seen way better zones in like the game Rift I mean their zones were a work of art these zones are cramped.

So when I get to Spider is that basically the end of the story mode. He requires 5 bounties which seems like it's a pain to grind. I have enough for 1 but not sure if I want to keep playing if I hit a wall.
Still level 47

There is a little bit more in the Dreaming City. You'll want to unlock that.

That mission with Cayde you posted a screenshot from is one of if not the first mission on the Tangled Shore (right? been a while). You have a lot to go through there, then you need to unlock the Dreaming City as Dan_D mentioned.

That mission with Cayde you posted a screenshot from is one of if not the first mission on the Tangled Shore (right? been a while). You have a lot to go through there, then you need to unlock the Dreaming City as Dan_D mentioned.

Its the Prison of Elders mission. Its the very first mission in Forsaken. You'll get the token for the Dreaming City after beating Aldrin Sov and reclaiming what's left of the Ace of Spades.

Got the whisper today. Had a good fireteam with me. It dropped at 380 LL so I need to infuse and get the catalyst. I have to say the jumping here seemed so much easier after doing Zero Hour.

What's the difference between normal and heroic whisper run? More bosses?

Got the whisper today. Had a good fireteam with me. It dropped at 380 LL so I need to infuse and get the catalyst. I have to say the jumping here seemed so much easier after doing Zero Hour.

What's the difference between normal and heroic whisper run? More bosses?

Honestly not much. They may or may not hit a little harder but there is the same amount of enemies. Been about 9 months since I ran the normal mode so I also might be talking out of my ass. As for the level itself, its identical unlike with Zero Hour but yeah, I was in Whisper recently to grind a few catalysts (thrall room under the green room is literally made for that) and the jumping is much, much more straight forward I think.

Well what timing for you guys who just got Whisper, Bungie just ruined it, and the content that came along with it. This one makes me extremely upset.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47823

Whisper of the Worm
Whisper of the Worm was already adjusted in Season of the Drifter, but an Exotic that can generate an infinite amount of Heavy ammo is still a gigantic outlier and renders many weapons irrelevant for certain encounters. While Exotics are intended to be powerful and novel, bypassing the ammo economy can tend to force us to adjust enemies to compensate. This effectively results in Sniper Rifles as a whole being punished because of Whisper’s unique ammo ability. As a result, we’re removing the ammo generation ability so that we can increase the effectiveness of all other Snipers that don’t have an endless ammo supply.
  • White Nail pulls ammo from reserves rather than creating it
  • Reserve ammunition increased to 18 (without ammo reserve perks)

like this
Skull, Rigs, Shards.. all felt the nerf too. I don't know what Bungie was thinking. We like these things because they made us feel like powerful space warriors, why take away our fun?

Well what timing for you guys who just got Whisper, Bungie just ruined it, and the content that came along with it. This one makes me extremely upset.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47823

This is quite upsetting. What Bungie doesn't seem to realize is that their ammunition reserve nerf hit the Whisper enough as it is. If you miss any one of your shots in a three shot group, you won't be breaking fights with Whisper or anything like that. That bastard at the end of Zero Hour is a good example of this. Frequently, I'll put two in his head only for him to teleport away from the third shot. This prevents me from landing that third precision hit required to regenerate ammunition. Bungie could have also opted to require a fourth shot for this ability. In fights with a lot of movement, Whisper isn't viable as is, so its not like this is the only power weapon we use for boss fights. The people who are using it to solo content, are at a very high level of skill well in excess of the general player base. These aren't the people Bungie needs to bring in line.

I know Bungie wants to shift the meta so that people use different weapons, but Whisper is a different than most exotics because of how you get it. The gun requires you to go through a challenging quest. I know people who have tried but can't get the gun because they can't handle the platforming in that mission, nor can they do the combat quickly enough to beat the timer. Not everyone can get the gun. But its worthwhile enough to keep people trying for it. Now, you might as well use DARCI instead.

Skull, Rigs, Shards.. all felt the nerf too. I don't know what Bungie was thinking. We like these things because they made us feel like powerful space warriors, why take away our fun?

Shards of Galanor was already inconsistent about returning super energy. This seems more like a way to bring everyone else's super's more in line with the Titan. People bitch that Titan's aren't boss melters, nor do they really have any supers that can be returned like that. Ursa Furiosa is mentioned, but that requires shielding damage to make that work. As for the rest, I understand why Bungie is doing this to some extent. Those items are basically must haves and over perform compared to most other exotics. Frankly, only a handful of exotics are worth using on the Titan. The effects are so minimal in allot of cases that I wouldn't even bother. The Helm of Saint 14 is a good example of this. Of course, if Bungie buffs under performing exotics and weapons, then they have the problem of making all the content way too easy. So then they have to shift all the enemies and encounters to being more difficult to compensate.

Of course, the new pulse rifle that Bungie put in with Zero Hour eliminates the need to use things like Whisper in groups. The gun absolutely trivializes many bosses in raid encounters if you get three or more of them together. Six of them is absolutely absurd. I think these nerfs are really just designed to keep the player base engaged. They have something that's too powerful so everyone plays to get that for various activities. Then it gets nerfed, so Bungie puts something else in the game to quest for that's OP as hell. Eventually, the cycle repeats. They move the goal post to keep people playing. That's unfortunately, how it works in MMOs and looter shooters like Destiny.

It’s a bad look for Bungie to constantly do this. Very demotivating.

Yes it is.

I think the game needs some quality of life fixes. Just to name a few:

(1) More fast travel points, (for example around dreaming city)
(2) Ability to queue into some activities from anywhere (eg. the forges)
(3) Raids are too mechanical, where one small mistake or lag spike from one player will wipe everyone. Wish there was some leniency involved instead of the harsh "all 6 players have to be 100% perfectly aligned in harmony" ruleset.
(4) Fix the heavy ammo economy and heavy ammo mods, also when switching weapons from your inventory you shouldn't lose half your total ammo (an FPS game which punishes you for switching weapons, great fucking design)
(5) The ability to reroll at least one mod on an item.
(6) Option to auto dismantle blue items.
(7) The current method of getting vendor quests, running around the city talking to each one, feels very clunky. I heard the first game had a much more streamlined solution to this, though I never played it.
(8) Remove the 'boss stomp' mechanic completely.
(9) Make automatic rifles viable. <-- This probably drives most new players away the most, as ARs are the signature weapon of FPS games, in this game they are garbage in any meaningful content.

There's quite a few more but don't want to spam up the thread.

We like these things because they made hunters and warlocks feel like powerful space warriors
Fixed. On the sub I saw a lot of "instead of fixing titans, bungie just nerfed the other classes instead" kind of posts.

As a titan main I wish there was a reason to log in and play. 80GB on my SSD HD feeling wasted. Love the gameplay but the game needs some balance and QoL patches badly.

I think the game needs some quality of life fixes. Just to name a few:

(1) More fast travel points, (for example around dreaming city)
(2) Ability to queue into some activities from anywhere (eg. the forges)
(3) Raids are too mechanical, where one small mistake or lag spike from one player will wipe everyone. Wish there was some leniency involved instead of the harsh "all 6 players have to be 100% perfectly aligned in harmony" ruleset.
(4) Fix the heavy ammo economy and heavy ammo mods, also when switching weapons from your inventory you shouldn't lose half your total ammo (an FPS game which punishes you for switching weapons, great fucking design)
(5) The ability to reroll at least one mod on an item.
(6) Option to auto dismantle blue items.
(7) The current method of getting vendor quests, running around the city talking to each one, feels very clunky. I heard the first game had a much more streamlined solution to this, though I never played it.
(8) Remove the 'boss stomp' mechanic completely.
(9) Make automatic rifles viable. <-- This probably drives most new players away the most, as ARs are the signature weapon of FPS games, in this game they are garbage in any meaningful content.

There's quite a few more but don't want to spam up the thread.

Fixed. On the sub I saw a lot of "instead of fixing titans, bungie just nerfed the other classes instead" kind of posts.

As a titan main I wish there was a reason to log in and play. 80GB on my SSD HD feeling wasted. Love the gameplay but the game needs some balance and QoL patches badly.

I am going to have to disagree with damn near everything on this list.

1.) I agree with this point. Especially concerning the Dreaming City.
2.) I can agree with this one, but I can also take or leave it. I don't think its that bad, unless we are talking about forges. For the most, part, we can queue directly into a lot of activities from the director menu. Strikes, raids, Crucible, etc. can all be queued for or into directly.
3.) This is the one I vehemently disagree with. In an FPS game, that tight coordination and perfect execution of the mechanics are why its challenging. If you take that out, then the raids will be way too easy.
4.) I'm not entirely sure what you mean by heavy ammunition economy. As for the second part about losing half your ammunition from the weapons, switch, I'm going to disagree with you. You are unequipping a weapon and replacing it when you have limited slots. The design is there to prevent you from switching so frequently as this can trivialize some encounters.
5.) Reroll one mod? Are you talking mods, or perks? If its the latter, then I disagree with you. While it would be nice in the sense that we could get the perk we want with a reroll when everything else is good, the problem with that is we would do less grinding for that perfect item roll. Bungie did it in a way to help with player retention. When you've got that God roll, you quit doing the related activity. I don't try for machine gun frames after getting the best possible roll on it. Kindled Orchid? Never again.
6.) Once you are a certain light level, absolutely.
7.) This is honestly no worse than it is in an MMO. I agree with you to some extent, but this isn't that bad. The tower isn't exactly massive in terms of where we can walk around in to gather quests.
8.) Nope. Git gud scrub! (Joking) in all seriousness, while it can be annoying its in there to make the encounters harder. I would prefer Bungie learn a new trick and make a proper boss fight that doesn't include 4,000 add spawns.
9.) I can agree with this. With rare exception in PvE content auto-rifles are by in large garbage. For PvP, they are complete trash with no value what so ever.

Yes, in effect, Titans have a problem with their supers all being add focused and doing fuck all to bosses. Our one boss melter, Thundercrash woefully under performs compared to Novabomb, Golden Gun, Blade Barrage, Chaos Reach, etc. Burning Maul doesn't do that well given its ground attack nature. Hammer of Sol has a odd requirement to get further away to do more damage, which is impractical and it makes the super harder to use than others. Sentinel shield is shit on bosses, fists of havoc is another add clearing super, and the Titan bubble is crap compared to Well of Radiance. We also don't have any exotics that return energy like the other classes do. (Or did.) So yes, it would seem Bungie decided to nerf Warlocks and Hunters to be more in line with Titans. Still, they have supers that are far better at boss killing and better utilities than Titans do which doesn't actually fix the major reason no one wants to play Titans in allot of content.

Back