Destiny 2

Probably the Perfect Paradox shotgun from the Curse of Osiris campaign? Not sure.

I have the Perfect Paradox and most of the Curse of Osiris weapons. You don't need to touch the Crucible to get them. You just pick up the prophecies from Brother Vance and fill them with Concentrated Radiolarian Culture, Advanced Paradox Amplifiers and that sort of thing. There are no quest steps involving doing any particular activities.

I need paradox amplifiers to turn into advanced paradox amplifiers.. the only activity I found that consistently produces them is Rumble.. one or two a time. Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally isn't fun.

I need paradox amplifiers to turn into advanced paradox amplifiers.. the only activity I found that consistently produces them is Rumble.. one or two a time. Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally isn't fun.

I have never gotten them from the Crucible. Really, I haven't found any activity that drops them.

It what I found.. not team crucible or ranked... but specifically rumble.

LOL... It's going to take me forever to ever get Thorn and Malfeasance if I ever even do. That's a joke. You've got to be kidding me. The Gambit requirements aren't too far out but that Crucible requirement on the other one with the hand cannons? C'mon.

I switched to Rumble, and got the last ~65% percent for Thorn in like 2 hours this weekend. Used Void sub, Hammerhead and Ikelos_HC, and played to get void/void HC kills as opposed to winning. Switched to my shotty like 3 times out of instinct. I got from 4 to 13 percent a game since everyone was a target, and every kill counted.

Now, that strike afterward, yikes. Get 2 friends, and be as close to 700 as possible...

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I switched to Rumble, and got the last ~65% percent for Thorn in like 2 hours this weekend. Used Void sub, Hammerhead and Ikelos_HC, and played to get void/void HC kills as opposed to winning. Switched to my shotty like 3 times out of instinct. I got from 4 to 13 percent a game since everyone was a target, and every kill counted.

I'll shift over more to this. I have Hammerhead and a pretty nice Kindled Orchid cannon that's void based. I'll have to check and see if I have that Ikelos HC somewhere and how it compares.

It still comes down to all the usual Crucible wildcards and me vs junkies that are on there numerous hours and being at their mercy. It's going to be a long, slow drip before I ever get it done.

Now, that strike afterward, yikes. Get 2 friends, and be as close to 700 as possible...

For sure.

Last edited:
Yeah, if you like 180s, the IKELOS isn't bad. If you played Warmind through, you'll have it in collections.

like this
Yeah, if you like 180s, the IKELOS isn't bad. If you played Warmind through, you'll have it in collections.

I didn't much care for the Ikelos hand cannon. I tried it, and it didn't work all that well for me. However, it clearly does for others as I've been killed by it plenty of times in the Crucible.

like this
I didn't much care for the Ikelos hand cannon. I tried it, and it didn't work all that well for me. However, it clearly does for others as I've been killed by it plenty of times in the Crucible.

You really have to like 180s and I absolutely don't. I slogged through with my PvE rolled Kindled Orchid.

like this
You really have to like 180s and I absolutely don't. I slogged through with my PvE rolled Kindled Orchid.

The only one I like is Malfeasance, and even then I only use it to kill Taken. That's about all I think its good for. I even stopped doing that once I got Thorn. It works just as well for me.

I'm positive it's just people grinding Thorn. Never saw anyone use it until then. IMO, it's a bottom 3 180 for Crucible, it just happens to be 180 and void. Trust craps all over it, not to even mention Luna's/NF.

like this
O absolutelely, no other reason to use it. Void HC's are the quickest way to grind Thorn.

Specifically, void handcannon kill streaks in comp.

O absolutelely, no other reason to use it. Void HC's are the quickest way to grind Thorn.

Specifically, void handcannon kill streaks in comp.

I got a couple of good matches grinding out Thorn and I'd surge ahead 10-15% in a single match if I got a good precision kill streak going.

I'm positive it's just people grinding Thorn. Never saw anyone use it until then. IMO, it's a bottom 3 180 for Crucible, it just happens to be 180 and void. Trust craps all over it, not to even mention Luna's/NF.

Malfeasance beats it out as well. Malfeasance isn't that great for Crucible, although its definitely viable for Gambit invasions or killing invaders.

Last edited:

The difficulty of that strike was quite fun. I mentioned before, but my brother and I 2 manned it since our clan has really slowed down lately. I ran a well warlock with phoenix protocol and he was one of them noob tether hunters (jk). I was at 700 and he was at 664. A third definitely would have saved a few deaths during the boss fight though. It felt like the first time doing the whisper mission again.

As far as Thorn goes, I actually like it a bit more than I anticipated. I went into it thinking "Sure, I'll try for this trophy since I have nothing else to do" but I've been running it quite a bit.

The difficulty of that strike was quite fun. I mentioned before, but my brother and I 2 manned it since our clan has really slowed down lately. I ran a well warlock with phoenix protocol and he was one of them noob tether hunters (jk). I was at 700 and he was at 664. A third definitely would have saved a few deaths during the boss fight though. It felt like the first time doing the whisper mission again.

As far as Thorn goes, I actually like it a bit more than I anticipated. I went into it thinking "Sure, I'll try for this trophy since I have nothing else to do" but I've been running it quite a bit.
Agreed. It was fun to have a challenge again. I don't get to raid, since my clan is all but non-existant, and I hate matching with randoms. I was tempted to go PC, but I refuse to start over.

I don't know what the quest is, but Bungie indicated Thunderlord is going to be popping up in a quest from 04/09-04/23.

like this
Yeah that quest was super cool, at least the last part, from a nostalgia point of view.

Hope it's not time gated this time around.

It sounded like they were just going to open up the original quest for Thunderlord again. It's not bad by any means.

Malfeasance beats it out as wll.
It sounded like they were just going to open up the original quest for Thunderlord again. It's not bad by any means.

I did it right before they pulled the quest, but I don't really remember anything about it.

Youtube is slowly tweaking my feed to have more destiny centric crap.

A good amount of information on the game changes without being annoying.

After some experimenting it seems Chromatic Fire warlock robes was the key to farming paradox amplifiers in Rumble. With it on I was always getting at least one.. 50/50 if I got a second. Swap out the robes for something standards and nada. Swap in an exotic gauntlet.. nope..

Interesting stat, but I: was able to farm what I needed and got a little better at it all. Seems the Huckleberry sub machine exotic became my go to. That and not 100% running blindly in at things.

After some experimenting it seems Chromatic Fire warlock robes was the key to farming paradox amplifiers in Rumble. With it on I was always getting at least one.. 50/50 if I got a second. Swap out the robes for something standards and nada. Swap in an exotic gauntlet.. nope..

Interesting stat, but I: was able to farm what I needed and got a little better at it all. Seems the Huckleberry sub machine exotic became my go to. That and not 100% running blindly in at things.

I actually got paradox amplifiers in a crucible match on my Hunter after not recalling ever having done so. So I couldn't tell you how or why I get them.

Spent the hour cycling through the steps to get the Thunderlord.. Never played D1 so the 'Cosmodome' was nifty to see. I assume I missed some hidden thing as I was leaving the area and Holliday said something ominous like 'we will never be back to this again'.

The Thunderlord is a heck of a fun gun to mow down public event enemies with. Kudos to that design.

Spent the hour cycling through the steps to get the Thunderlord.. Never played D1 so the 'Cosmodome' was nifty to see. I assume I missed some hidden thing as I was leaving the area and Holliday said something ominous like 'we will never be back to this again'.

The Thunderlord is a heck of a fun gun to mow down public event enemies with. Kudos to that design.

It really is! Its an ad clearing machine, no doubt.

Its funny, when It first came around, I remember Holliday saying that, however here we are, able to go back.

And yeah, there are some scannable Ghosts scattered around that area you first arrive and leave from amongst the cars.

I got my Thunderlord the first time around when the quest was available. However, I was blowing through the content so fast to level to 50 that I barely remember it. I'm actually going through the quest again, but I'm not that far into it.

Dammit. I could have used a few hundred cores...

Right? Totally missed out on this... hugely annoyed with the 'core-economy' right now, I'm 700 and always have near 0... so I never get to infuse/use the guns I want to try out at max level..

Right? Totally missed out on this... hugely annoyed with the 'core-economy' right now, I'm 700 and always have near 0... so I never get to infuse/use the guns I want to try out at max level..

Make sure and use you Finest Matterweave, it guarantees a core drop. I always use one before any activity (strikes, gambit etc) and as soon as a core drops i use another. I was down to 3 cores yesterday, before I left for work today i was back up to 27.

I fluctuate between 250 and 300 usually as I don't bother infusing anything unless the activity requires it. Additionally, I try and grab my 2 cores a day from spider.

You gain them quickly this way and if you keep it up once you reach max level, you start to get a nice stockpile.

I fluctuate between 250 and 300 usually as I don't bother infusing anything unless the activity requires it. Additionally, I try and grab my 2 cores a day from spider.

You gain them quickly this way and if you keep it up once you reach max level, you start to get a nice stockpile.

I change my weapons out too frequently from one activity to the next to do that. I'm constantly infusing things I like to use.

Now that I'm 700, it seems to be easing. Now, maybe I can try elemental resistance on my armor sooner or later...

Now that I'm 700, it seems to be easing. Now, maybe I can try elemental resistance on my armor sooner or later...

I guess another reason I have cores to spare is I don't ever masterwork armor and only rarely weapons.

The benefit is near nonexistent for armor, IMO.

I guess another reason I have cores to spare is I don't ever masterwork armor and only rarely weapons.

The benefit is near nonexistent for armor, IMO.

I haven't masterworked any armor. I wouldn't even bother unless you get pieces you use a lot that have good perks on them such as the enhanced ones. It isn't worth it for anything else. Weapons have a more immediate benefit to being masterworked as generating orbs is actually useful and the masterwork perk on the weapons can sometimes be beneficial if you get the right ones.

I have 1 set of armor that I've masterworked and a few other incidentals as I swap out things like the skull of ugliness and phoenix protocol. All my weapons that are worth staying on my character are masterworked. It really doesn't take much in the grand scheme of things, and I like the gold border on my armor. I know, so petty.

I never have bothered to masterwork any armor. I didn't see the point.

I still feel like this got tightened down a little bit too much. I know they didn't want people to just spam upgrade themselves like water but I wouldn't mind a slight tilt back more in the direction that it was.

Back