Destiny 2

I got to 650 on my terms and I'll get to 700 that way as well. I like Gambit casually but I don't love it so... I'm just not going to grind like hell in there. Light on PVP and Last Hope burned me out on Crucible for the forseeable future.

The new RPG quest coming tomorrow is much more the kind of thing I'm in to. I'm still deliberating which side I'm going to take. ;)

I finally plunged into Gambit and let me tell you I had a blast. First session we got owned pretty bad. We got our primeval at about the same time the first round. The second round we got destroyed, we only had 54 motes while they were half way done with the primeval. The second round my team owned it, I think i have a pretty good load out for boss burning. First primeval we killed I did 50% damage. We ended up going into sudden death where i did 30% damage and we had the boss down before they even had a quarter damage gone. That was me first gambit experience. I must say it was enjoyable for sure. I turned in my bounties and clan bounties and am creeping closer to 650.....still working on the quests for the Black armory. The killing powerful enemies with powerful weapons is a tough quest.....Now I need to figure out how to get to The Reckoning....

Tier 2 Reckoning is amazing and its making me really look forward to Tier 3! I'm SO happy its not just a harder version of Tier 1.

Tier 1 with Glass on is still a pain in the ass. I don't recommend trying to grind Reckoning while Glass is active.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Drexion - oh that looks nice. I think I finally had hit the ugly servitor that kicks off that quest, but as you mentioned we were continually greased by over bearing invaders.. and ours were less effective.

like this
Not infusing until you absolutely have to and ALWAYS collecting your 2 from Spider each day helps. I'm hoping to get to 300 in the next few days before I start infusing a ton as I get near 700 Power Level.

If your vault is starting to get full, a full cleanout/dismantle usually nets you a nice chunk too.

If you're sitting on a lot of Legendary Shards and have some time to kill, the Simulation Seeds farm nets you the most. You'll want to spend 1K or so shards to make it worthwhile so this takes some time.

https://gamerant.com/destiny-2-enhancement-core-farm/
This is awesome, I will have to farm using this method.......right now I'm trying to complete the powerful weapon kills on powerful enemies. That's a bit of a grind, been trying to do it on Mars during the escalation protocols since there tends to be a number of powerfuls that spawn during each level. right now have 20/25. I the Osiris area is pretty small so to farm both at the same time i might have to do adventures and kill the final boss with my powerful.

like this
The big decision is here. For or against the Drifter? Pondering... Tempted to go rogue although I don't take kindly to the blunt threat he issues. ;)

EDIT: Tough call but going for Vanguard on this one with my Hunter.

Last edited:
Don't have that content, but will it matter a whole mess?

The report on my last go-around with Gambit is a mixed bag. Seems I can semi carry a mediocre team when faced with a mediocre invader. Sadistic rabid invaders a little less so when they have demi-god weapons. Doing more ancillary work of keeping the mote station clear and keeping an eye on who is near with how many motes. Shredded a few more invaders than I thought was possible.. so yeaaaaaaay me.

Punch-punch-punch-grenade has been a decently winning combo with accelerated gauntlets and a set of purple autos.

3 normal raids and a Flawless attempt at Scourge tonight. Dunno when I'm getting to this Thorn stuff.

My power level!

Last edited:
like this
Finally got the Breakneck! That took a bit of work.

Btw - went to see Petra after the update this morning and she was nowhere to be found. Marker showed up, but not her. Many Guardians were going around checking the vicinity, but no luck.

Btw - went to see Petra after the update this morning and she was nowhere to be found. Marker showed up, but not her. Many Guardians were going around checking the vicinity, but no luck.

I got breakneck last week, its a fun auto rifle

I had that a couple days ago, eventually she showed up where the marker was, if it was wow I would say it's a phasing issue, but destiny? not sure.

CKK0gfi.png

Only two runs and we died on the first run due to something dumb and completely avoidable if we knew that was going to happen. Feels damn good!

Pro-tip, go all Warlocks and all on Well. Throw all the healing grenades and use all the wells.

Got to the Escalation Protocol portion of the Thorn quest but I'm done for the night. Back at it tomorrow!

I completed a bunch of new stuff last night. Finally completed the Starter quest for Black armory and picked up Hammerhead. Also somehow picked up the IKELOS shotgun.....I didn't have a encrypted key for the cache so I'm not sure how I got it, but I got it. Started the Thorn quest and that's about it. Slowly raising my light level day by day. I'm now 642. Might have to complete some gambit bounties and look into doing some reckoning.

I completed a bunch of new stuff last night. Finally completed the Starter quest for Black armory and picked up Hammerhead. Also somehow picked up the IKELOS shotgun.....I didn't have a encrypted key for the cache so I'm not sure how I got it, but I got it. Started the Thorn quest and that's about it. Slowly raising my light level day by day. I'm now 642. Might have to complete some gambit bounties and look into doing some reckoning.

IKELOS weapons drop from the boss while the armor drops from the chest at the end.

Still to this day the best energy shotgun for PvE. Shame you didn't get to experience it before the recent nerf to fire rate.

IKELOS weapons drop from the boss while the armor drops from the chest at the end.

Still to this day the best energy shotgun for PvE. Shame you didn't get to experience it before the recent nerf to fire rate.
I thought the drops were in the chest (both armor and weapons). I dunno it still shoots pretty dang fast. The RNG really does hate me, that was the 14th time I finished escalation protocol....

Started the thorn chain last night and so far it's nice and easy. Git all my hadronic essence (warlock bits) in 3 crucible matches and got 15/50 plat armor pieces (titan chunks) from my last match of the night lol. Would of been more but there was only 1 enemy titan on Their team, the hunter one should be alot faster

Ha, we went the Nightfall>Blind Well>EP route. Sounds like Crucible might have been just as fast.

Holy buckets.. I wandered into some folk starting up the Escalation protocol and they actually went the distance. Suckie I had only one special chest key.. and got a bullshit gun.

Holy buckets.. I wandered into some folk starting up the Escalation protocol and they actually went the distance. Suckie I had only one special chest key.. and got a bullshit gun.
Haha I had that happen to me while I was trying to farm hive kills, activated EP for easy thralls and suddenly 5 random showed up and we cleared the entire thing 2 times. It was epicly random and I loved it

Oh I know.. I am gunning for the Wayfarer.. but it was a crap light blue gun. No Ikelos shotgun or what ever I keep hearing I should be using.

Haha I had that happen to me while I was trying to farm hive kills, activated EP for easy thralls and suddenly 5 random showed up and we cleared the entire thing 2 times. It was epicly random and I loved it
When were youy guys on yesterday/last night? I might have been one of the guys doing the clearing. I did it a few times yesterday. A couple full clears...
EP is probably my most favorite activity in the game.

When were youy guys on yesterday/last night? I might have been one of the guys doing the clearing. I did it a few times yesterday. A couple full clears...
I play on PS4 like a dirty scrub but this was 2 weeks ago lol. Lastnight I was just working on my thorn

On the PC.. About 10.30p to 11.30p ish Central time.

This Thorn PvP grind is rough.

However, when you have zero Glory, comp isn't bad.

Kindled Orchid or IKELOS Handcannon (both void) in comp is the fastest way to grind it out.

I turned in my bounties and clan bounties and am creeping closer to 650.....still working on the quests for the Black armory. The killing powerful enemies with powerful weapons is a tough quest.....Now I need to figure out how to get to The Reckoning....

Any time I need to kill powerful enemies or collect radiant seeds I use the levithian raid. There are 8 powerful enemies, right as you start the raid that don’t attack unless you do first. Kill the 8 powerful enemies, open up your menu and select the raid again. It loads you right back to the start and reloads your power ammo. If you need to get precision kills just push a little bit further into the castellum where unlimited waves of enemies spawn.

like this
Any time I need to kill powerful enemies or collect radiant seeds I use the levithian raid. There are 8 powerful enemies, right as you start the raid that don’t attack unless you do first. Kill the 8 powerful enemies, open up your menu and select the raid again. It loads you right back to the start and reloads your power ammo. If you need to get precision kills just push a little bit further into the castellum where unlimited waves of enemies spawn.
Yea, i've never done a raid. I was able to grind it out and get the kills during EP.
I did a gambit prime and some crucible quick play last night. I'm still a bottom tier pvp'er. I would love to be better but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. I did get a few synths from gambit prime though.I need to load up some Reckoning next.

Black Armory rinse and repeat I have down to a quick science depending on the weapon although this works for almost all of them adjusted logically per needs:

As others have stated: When you need those powerful enemies hit the start of Leviathan and take that front batch of guards out. You don't even need to bother with those last two big ones up above if you're in a hurry. Kill those front six real quick and bomb out of there and come back. It's fast. Rinse and repeat as needed.

Invariably I then end up in Mars Braytech Lost Sector for everything else and virtually every other requirement. It's crazy fast and efficient. Two boss kills out of that lost sector and you're on your way back to Ada and off to whichever Forge you want. (I usually just go to Bergusia.)

Yeah, Q-BZ nailed it. Hand cannon frame? The north lost sector on Mars as you go in for the headshots, then burn the boss for 10 radiant seeds. Run back up then back down, running past all the enemies and burn the boss again for the full 20. There is no faster farm.

Sniper? Load into Leviathan, kill the guards as quickly as possible then immediately reload until you're finished that step. Someoneonly you're not actually "doing" the raid so don't worry there. Just the entrance part has enemies in a perfect place to mow down with a sniper and you can quickly reset it.

Then hit the same Mars lost sector.

I finished the triumph for 100 frames forged last week and I can't find a more efficient radiant seed farm than that lost sector boss.

I feel a little bad for him, i've used him so many times to feed my forging addiction. Poor guy.

Yea, i've never done a raid. I was able to grind it out and get the kills during EP.
I did a gambit prime and some crucible quick play last night. I'm still a bottom tier pvp'er. I would love to be better but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. I did get a few synths from gambit prime though.I need to load up some Reckoning next.

Black Armory rinse and repeat I have down to a quick science depending on the weapon although this works for almost all of them adjusted logically per needs:

As others have stated: When you need those powerful enemies hit the start of Leviathan and take that front batch of guards out. You don't even need to bother with those last two big ones up above if you're in a hurry. Kill those front six real quick and bomb out of there and come back. It's fast. Rinse and repeat as needed.

Invariably I then end up in Mars Braytech Lost Sector for everything else and virtually every other requirement. It's crazy fast and efficient. Two boss kills out of that lost sector and you're on your way back to Ada and off to whichever Forge you want. (I usually just go to Bergusia.)

Yeah, Q-BZ nailed it. Hand cannon frame? The north lost sector on Mars as you go in for the headshots, then burn the boss for 10 radiant seeds. Run back up then back down, running past all the enemies and burn the boss again for the full 20. There is no faster farm.

Sniper? Load into Leviathan, kill the guards as quickly as possible then immediately reload until you're finished that step. Someoneonly you're not actually "doing" the raid so don't worry there. Just the entrance part has enemies in a perfect place to mow down with a sniper and you can quickly reset it.

Then hit the same Mars lost sector.

I finished the triumph for 100 frames forged last week and I can't find a more efficient radiant seed farm than that lost sector boss.

I feel a little bad for him, i've used him so many times to feed my forging addiction. Poor guy.

QFT. Now, I just go to Core Terminus, as the boss drops Dust Rock Blues, which I've been farming for Crucible anyway. Tedious as hell, but Dust Rock Blues with the right perks and a Range Masterwork is highest range lethal shotty in the game IIRC. That and Mindbender's Ambition are what you want.

Last edited:
This thread on Reddit got me thinking about some of the people here who have mentioned never raiding. I want nothing more than to at the very least point you in the right direction to getting started with raiding. Its by far, the most fun and rewarding thing you can do in Destiny 2.

The outpouring of invitations to join groups from everyone that posted in there is amazing and its always that way when a thread like that makes the front page and that's what I love about the Destiny community. I've went on about this previously in this thread but its worth bringing up again.

Getting into raiding can be daunting.

I never raided until about a week before Forsaken came out as I never had a group of friends that played D2 and wasn't part of a clan so finding a group seemed out of reach. Now, there are plenty of LFG (Looking For Group) opportunities but in my (bad) experience with those, they're usually filled with people with bad attitudes or have unreasonable expectations of you regarding knowing what to do. (KWTD or Know What To Do is a common thing you'll see in a lot of LFG posts). In addition, some personal issues like being extremely shy and anxiety about being the guy bringing everyone down was real.

I spend a lot of time on the now booming community in /r/DestinyTheGame and while prepping for Forsaken, I found a similar post to the above and someone mentioned /r/DestinySherpa. Himalayan people known for their mountaineering and guiding of others through the mountains are sometimes known as Sherpas. That term is used in Destiny for those that will guide a group of 5 "Sherpee's" through a raid, teaching them every encounter in a slow paced, toxicity free environment.

I learned every raid in Destiny 2 with a different Sherpa from /r/DestinySherpa and they were all amazing experiences. Even the 7 hour long Last Wish clear where that ONE guy was always shooting the wrong eye. Everyone kept calm, kept the encouragement up and when we cleared it, it was the coolest feeling i've had in gaming to date. (to be clear, Last Wish Sherpa runs with all new people are usually closer to the 4 hour mark).

You'll see things on that sub like [LTS] and [LFS] which stand for Looking To Sherpa and Looking For Sherpa. The former being a sherpa looking to put together a group and the later, someone looking for a sherpa to guide them or a group. You'll also see the platform so XB1, PS4 or PC, then the raid requested itself. LW is Last Wish, SotP is Scourge of the Past, Lev is Leviathan, EoW is Eater of Worlds and SoS is Spire of Stars.

Generally if its an LTS post, the sherpa will put the time/date in the title, otherwise you may need to click through. Again, depending on the sherpa, he may provide various ways to sign up for the raid but generally accepted is putting your BattleNet ID, the full one with the # in the comments along with your power level and class you expect to run. The sherpa will also likely PM you the Discord to join. Might be a little late to mention this but while not totally required, mic's make a raid easier for everyone else. There is a lot of coordination involved and communication is key.

Most if not all Sherpa's will be ok with you playing any class you feel the most comfortable with because even the toughest raids can be successful with a 6 man Titan fireteam. (yes Titans are the worst, come at me). :)

The group/discord i'm usually in where we organize fireteams for all sorts of activities is run by the last Sherpa i ran with. I joined for the one run and never left and now we have a nice system going where there are lots of LFG channels and you can just click a button to join a run. Just show up at the time in the post and you're good to go.

In addition to Sherpa's, i've heard many good things about the100.io The site is designed to match you with a clan that fits your playstyle, availability, age bracket and in game interests. You fill out a very basic survey and you're suggested a clan to join.

I hope this helps someone as now that I'm doing it regularly, seeing people talk about never raiding in Destiny for various reasons just makes me want to help get people into it. Good luck out there Guardians!

Are raids legitimately seven hours of real life? Is that just a bad one? What's the average time investment?

Are raids legitimately seven hours of real life? Is that just a bad one? What's the average time investment?

Time invested really comes down to the skill of the fireteam and how long it takes people to catch on. My 7 hour Last Wish clear was the absolute worst possible scenario you can get yourself into.

3-4 hours is average for a run with 5 guardians who have never run it before. Again, this is Last Wish. A non-sherpa run with very experienced guardians (and cheesing Riven) are clearing it in 45-60 minutes or much less if you speedrun it.

Scourge of the Past, my first Sherpa clear when I was new was ~1 hour. Now, i've got 37 clears with my fastest clear is 20 minutes flat. Speedruns of SotP are sub-7 minutes now? Crazy.

Point is, some take longer than others even if you're experienced as they're all very different experiences.

Last edited:

I've only done a few raids (leviathan 3 times, last wish 2 times) The longest one was 4 hours for last wish and that was because one of the other new guys was having a hard time with mechanics. Having a good sherpa makes things 10000 times better, even if it takes all day.

If you dont have a clan I highly recommend Collective Conscious We have a ton of great sherpas that are running raids pretty much daily. Always people looking for fireteams for pvp and pve, running quests together etc. https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/251309763?sort=0&page=0

Thier discord is open to all, so even if you are not a member you can still join in on raids, pvp/pve groups etc.

Back