Destiny 2

Black Armory, Joker’s Wild and Penumbra are already confirmed, then another probably smaller than Forsaken drop in the Fall next year. Beyond that, we don't know.

Hit power level 500, starting to lose interest with how unfriendly getting to higher power levels is. I am also not liking how gear works, buyers remorse is starting to set in a bit and the urge to play warframe grows stronger every hour I put into Destiny 2.

Hit power level 500, starting to lose interest with how unfriendly getting to higher power levels is. I am also not liking how gear works, buyers remorse is starting to set in a bit and the urge to play warframe grows stronger every hour I put into Destiny 2.

Its a grind but the key is Powerful Rewards challenges. Basically, don't bother doing it if it doesn't give you Powerful Gear. Each week at reset, just make sure to work through everything in the Director with a star next to it. I basically do it in order of Flashpoint planet, Vanguard (so Heroic missions, Strikes and if you can get people together, the Nightfall), Gambit weekly/daily, Crucible weekly/daily, then leaving Dreaming City, where you get your biggest rewards, for last.

The trick really is working on all three characters each week giving you that many more chances for Powerful weapon drops which you can move between characters.

For instance. Tuesday rolls around and that night and Wednesday night you knock out everything on your Hunter. Thursday, move your good guns to your Titan and rinse and repeat. Saturday, Sunday and Monday you have for Warlock and anything else you didn't finish on the first two. If you've slowly been upgrading your guns and moving them from character to character (remember not to get too greedy spending Enhancement Cores too early before PL600) you'll ensure your overall power level is as high as possible which maximizes the power level of any Powerful Gear drop you get.

Primes too, so happy they added those as they really help a ton.

Did you happen to grind for the Horror Story auto rifle during the Festival of the Lost? That was a guaranteed 600PL drop which was huge for people trying to level. Just having that in your inventory makes a big difference.

I've done this weeks ascendant challenge like 6 times, something stupid happens EVERY time!!!!!

On another note, gambit is completely broken with queenbreaker.

Last edited:
That's the only Ascendant Challenge that literally upsets me. Its always the falling rocks when running to the exist/chest platform after you beat the knights. Rage inducing.

I feel your pain.

As for Gambit, it gets a bit better once you kinda get used to where invaders spawn as its always in the same place for each side. Its also always going to be the side where players aren't so that helps narrow it down. When I first started with Gambit, every time an invader would come through, I got scared shitless and just tried to hide.

I've gotten way more comfortable with the game mode and now, I find it far more effective to immediately go on the offensive and hunt that fucker down. I don't have a Queenbreak (yet!) and Sleeper holds no ammo now so I love my Crooked Fang. That or if you really wanna piss them off, Black Talon rocket launc... er, i mean sword.

Reactions: w35t
like this
Ok so this is probably a stupid question but, I’ve only ever used a hunter. If I wanted more characters how long would it take to get them up around 600? Is it starting completely from scratch?

Ok so this is probably a stupid question but, I’ve only ever used a hunter. If I wanted more characters how long would it take to get them up around 600? Is it starting completely from scratch?

So you can use the Character boost option which will get you to Level 30/Power Level 330. This will immediately "auto complete" the main game, CoO and Warmind and you basically start at the beginning of Forsaken and the Tangled Shore. From there, the way I found the quickest was to grind Heroic Public Events in between each Baron mission to get to Level 50 ASAP. I liked to do the mission once my power level was 5ish above the recommended. Those public events can really stack on the XP, especially if you have a Ghost that gives any XP boosts.

Getting to Level 50 is super important because then you can move over any guns you already have on your higher level character to your new lower level character instantly boosting their power level to much higher than it was. This, in turn, boosts the potential power level of any Powerful Gear rewards you complete making the path to 600 even quicker.

Its not going to happen in a day but that's the quickest way to go about IMO. It really comes down to how long you play each day so it's a little hard to say. Its also kinda fun and makes the game feel fresh again by playing another class. I played a Warlock all through Year 1 and that was dumb of me. Its so much more fun now playing all 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: w35t
like this
The neat thing about the Thunderlord is that you can use it as a primary-use PvE weapon. Loadouts with 2 shotguns or shotgun/sniper are actually feasible with the amount of ammo it holds. I did a couple of the weekly missions where I barely even needed to swap to another weapon.

I am slowly puttering around. The platform jump thing on Titian sucked. I am having a hard time getting the feel of the character in terms of where I can jump or where a ledge is too high. Crashed and burned about five times on the intro level.

Also, I just found out, that the map symbols mean something. The dot inside the next of upside-down U's? Oh... seems that's some fancy one off adventure. FFS.

I am slowly puttering around. The platform jump thing on Titian sucked. I am having a hard time getting the feel of the character in terms of where I can jump or where a ledge is too high. Crashed and burned about five times on the intro level.

Also, I just found out, that the map symbols mean something. The dot inside the next of upside-down U's? Oh... seems that's some fancy one off adventure. FFS.

Ha, yeah that's a Lost Sector. Kinda like super mini little dungeons that are scattered around the various planets. Kill everything inside including the mini "boss" at the end and claim your chest.

Also, man I remember first playing the Titan story mission and having a hard time with all the jumping.

I will say this, the jumping doesn't stop but you get much better at it. XD

The neat thing about the Thunderlord is that you can use it as a primary-use PvE weapon. Loadouts with 2 shotguns or shotgun/sniper are actually feasible with the amount of ammo it holds. I did a couple of the weekly missions where I barely even needed to swap to another weapon.

I need to try this!

For some reason I thought thunderlord would be a level 600 weapon even though I am only 507, I was wrong, for some reason this annoyed me enough I am taking a break from the game.

Domingo you were not wrong. You can walk through Lost Sectors just one tapping everything and watching the pretty lighting.

This is so satisfying and fun! Better not nerf this...

I'm really liking this exotic pistol I have that causes the enemies it kills to explode, but it's getting to be about 100 points below the equipment I get from quests and events. As someone who hasn't paid for Forsaken, am I going to be able to acquire the materials I need to infuse the weapon so it's worth continuing to use?

I'm really liking this exotic pistol I have that causes the enemies it kills to explode, but it's getting to be about 100 points below the equipment I get from quests and events. As someone who hasn't paid for Forsaken, am I going to be able to acquire the materials I need to infuse the weapon so it's worth continuing to use?

Sounds like Sunshot. I wouldn't infuse any exotic until you hit 600 or at least near there. As you level, just pull a new one out of your collections. It will come out 20 power levels below your current overall. Keep in mind this can only be done with exotics and Year 1 legendaries. Any Year 2 legendary will have random rolls and those can't be re-acquired from collections.

Sounds like Sunshot. I wouldn't infuse any exotic until you hit 600 or at least near there. As you level, just pull a new one out of your collections. It will come out 20 power levels below your current overall. Keep in mind this can only be done with exotics and Year 1 legendaries. Any Year 2 legendary will have random rolls and those can't be re-acquired from collections.
I guess I haven't looked at the Collections menu before. So I can just dismantle my current Sunshot and acquire a new one from Collections that will be more powerful than the original thanks to my item level? Is there any cost (Glimmer, Shards, etc.) to doing that?

I guess I haven't looked at the Collections menu before. So I can just dismantle my current Sunshot and acquire a new one from Collections that will be more powerful than the original thanks to my item level? Is there any cost (Glimmer, Shards, etc.) to doing that?

There is, yes. I believe it's 777 glimmer, 7 legendary shards and 7 planetary materials.

Domingo you were not wrong. You can walk through Lost Sectors just one tapping everything and watching the pretty lighting.

This is so satisfying and fun! Better not nerf this...

I can't wait to get it but yes, I'm guessing this will be short lived. Enjoy it while you can!

Yeah, I hope they don't mess with Thunderlord. It's not like it throws PvP off, so why not let people have fun with it? It feels like my favorite weapon (the Skyburner's Oath) gets tinkered with constantly. One patch it's "meh," the next one it's great, and then it's back again.

So i realized i'm at 20/22 for the Wayfarer seal/title. Cool, i think, what do I need? Destinations: Red War and Destinations: Curse of Osiris and Warmind badges need to be complete.

Holy shit I have so much missing discovered armor from those badges. Additionally, to find most of that armor you need to open engrams from the various planetary vendors which means spending planetary mats at them..

I guess though, i'm not really infusing anything anymore (I mostly have all the weapons/armor i want) so I suppose it's safe to do that?

I want something big to work towards now and the Wayfarer title is the closest one. Lets do this!

Think there is enough interest from the regular players in this thread (doesn't seem to be many) in getting a raid run together? Doesn't have to be Last Wish but I'm comfortable enough in guiding people through Leviathan or potentially Eater of Worlds.

Lemme know what people think.

I might be game for a Raid next Friday. My wife has to work, so I have the entire day free. I'd love to finally complete that Leviathan quest icon clogging up my inventory :p

Ha, awesome. Yeah, you'll get the next step in the Legend of Acrius exotic shotgun quest that you'll end up never using as its completely out classed now :-P

More importantly, Midnight Coup and Inaugural Address!

Either way, i'm down for next Friday. Hopefully some more people show some interest and we'll get a group together. I have one guy I play with regularly who would probably be down so if we can get at least 4 people, we won't have to hit up LFG.

Assuming nothing crazy happens between now and then, I'll pop on the Discord channel that morning.

Well, I should have been more clear. I won't be available until 6PM EST on that Friday at the earliest so i don't know if that causes an issue for anyone.

Either way, i'm down for next Friday. Hopefully some more people show some interest and we'll get a group together. I have one guy I play with regularly who would probably be down so if we can get at least 4 people, we won't have to hit up LFG.
I think Leviathan is the one raid people with free copies can do, so I'm interested in giving it a shot sometime. I assume you have to finish the campaign and get up to a certain item level to do it?

I think Leviathan is the one raid people with free copies can do, so I'm interested in giving it a shot sometime. I assume you have to finish the campaign and get up to a certain item level to do it?

I'm curious about this myself.

Yes, the normal Leviathan was included with the base game.

The recommended power level is 300 for the standard Leviathan and I believe there are some other prerequisites to have access to it though its been so long I cannot remember. If you go to Nessus in the Director and click Nessus Orbit on the bottom left, the Raid is in there and should have the details.

So yeah, just trying to get a group together to run the standard Leviathan on Friday the 23rd. I just realized that's black friday and I don't have to work so i'm available all day. Sorry for the confusion Domingo .

As for the [H] Discord, when Forsaken came out the [H] clan basically died so I ended up leaving it and the discord server. No matter though, i'll have one we can use.

We just need to settle on a time. I should be available all day and i'm EST.

So I won the lottery this week and got 1k Voices from the raid. It is absolutely broken. Just had an Iron Banner game where I got 2x triple kills and 2x double kills all with single shots. It absolutely melts gambit bosses as well.

So I won the lottery this week and got 1k Voices from the raid. It is absolutely broken. Just had an Iron Banner game where I got 2x triple kills and 2x double kills all with single shots. It absolutely melts gambit bosses as well.

I'm not jealous at all. Nope. Not at all.

Only opened 3 chests though. Some guys are 20+ chests opened and no 1k.

Damn.. hit my level 20 cap. Decisions to be made on going all in for the one or all of the DLC things and see which one doesn't cheat me too much.

Back