Destiny 2

I'm not sure I want to bother, honestly. I specifically didn't do the grindy bits at the end of the last expansion. If I'm forced to do them before I can even start this one, I will pass.

I just did two public events and an adventure in ~30 minutes and went from 255 to 257. I know I can't linearly measure from that but it'd probably be at least 10-15 hours to hit 310. 255->310 is a huge amount to grind through when no story content was added for that range.
Try completing your milestones before giving up, those usually give you good level boosts and might bump you up alot. Normally the way destiny works is its pretty easy to level up to a point then you hit a wall that slows you right down, not sure where the level wall is with the new expansion but I dount it would be slow low that you couldn't get to up main story level soon enough.

Try completing your milestones before giving up, those usually give you good level boosts and might bump you up alot. Normally the way destiny works is its pretty easy to level up to a point then you hit a wall that slows you right down, not sure where the level wall is with the new expansion but I dount it would be slow low that you couldn't get to up main story level soon enough.

I'll check out the milestones tonight. I'm not even sure what they are so I probably haven't done any. Thanks!

I'll check out the milestones tonight. I'm not even sure what they are so I probably haven't done any. Thanks!
When you check your map there will be a couple milestones for things like "compete public events on Planet X" after you complete them you go to the tower and turn it for the rewards.

I leveled up to 30 in 2 hours or less doing public events. My power is around 345, and I'm about to start the new content. I'm holding off on turning in at Cayde 6 and Hawthorne until Monday. I think the power level from those is determined when stuff is picked up, not when you're ready for turn in? Anyone know that for sure?

Last edited:

• New Level Cap is 30 (Confirmed)
  • New Power Level is 380 (385 with Mods) (Confirmed)
  • Soft Cap is 340 (345 with Mods) and Medium cap is 370 (375 with Mods) (Confirmed)
  • Old raids are not increasing power level and they will be getting a buff to drops to help you get to 380 (Confirmed)

Last edited:
I put in about 1:45 and made it from level 25 to 30 by simply doing 2 new story missions and 2 public events. The new public events are simple enough to make Heroic just by killing everything you see.
Literally every Exotic weapon feels unbelievably powerful now. The Skyburner's Oath and Crimson take the cake thus far, though. They're ripping through Warmind enemies like I'm playing in the EDZ.

I put in about 1:45 and made it from level 25 to 30 by simply doing 2 new story missions and 2 public events. The new public events are simple enough to make Heroic just by killing everything you see.
Literally every Exotic weapon feels unbelievably powerful now. The Skyburner's Oath and Crimson take the cake thus far, though. They're ripping through Warmind enemies like I'm playing in the EDZ.

I'm really looking forward to using the Graviton Lance. I've read that it tears right through groups of mobs.

I really hate the Infusion system. It just adds to the already fucking tedious grinding of the game. I prefer the way it was done in the first Destiny.

I really hate the Infusion system. It just adds to the already fucking tedious grinding of the game. I prefer the way it was done in the first Destiny.
I don't understand, how does it add to the grind? The old system you were constantly forced to stop using weapons and armors you liked in favour of raising your PL, now you can use any armor/weapon you like and just raise its PL with loot of higher levels making it so your favorite gear is always viable.

I don't understand, how does it add to the grind? The old system you were constantly forced to stop using weapons and armors you liked in favour of raising your PL, now you can use any armor/weapon you like and just raise its PL with loot of higher levels making it so your favorite gear is always viable.

I hate that the weapons have to be "like for like" ie, to Infuse Auto Rifle, you must use another Auto Rifle to increase its PL. In the first Destiny, you could just use whatever for Infusion. Pulse Rifle ---> Scout Rifle to increase PL. I get a lot of weapons that are higher PL but I can't infuse them because I don't use that type of weapon.

I'm really looking forward to using the Graviton Lance. I've read that it tears right through groups of mobs.

Yeah, it can be devastating. I'm not 100% sure exactly how it works, but about 1/3 of the time headshot kills make enemies explode and fire off explosives like a grenade. It can decimate large groups just by taking one enemy out. That grenade effect does big damage. It's not that great against bosses or powerful single foes, though. Haven't tried Crucible yet.
The Sunshot now lets off a massive explosion that also decimates groups in a similar fashion.
The Skyburner's hip fire is almost like a mini grenade launcher. It doesn't have a ton of area of effect damage, but it does tons of damage on hit and it fires quickly.
Crimson's bursts are way quicker, they hurt more, and it handles well too. It might be the unsung hero of the new patch. I took out one of the public event servitors on Nessus solo with it in under a minute. If you're in range, I bet it'll beat anything on even terms in the Crucible now.

I hate that the weapons have to be "like for like" ie, to Infuse Auto Rifle, you must use another Auto Rifle to increase its PL. In the first Destiny, you could just use whatever for Infusion. Pulse Rifle ---> Scout Rifle to increase PL. I get a lot of weapons that are higher PL but I can't infuse them because I don't use that type of weapon.
oops your right, I forgot that they introduced infusing items in D1, my bad

I used to be super picky about my weapon types, but as they've re balanced the game (and as you get more weapons) you'll find that there are killer versions of every weapon.
If you aren't sure and if it can't infuse one of your favorites, stash it away in your locker. I still think 99% of pulse rifles kinda suck for PvE, but the two Exotic ones more than make up for that.

Not sure if things are based on your level, light level, weapon loadout, or what - but the strike bosses are really hard now. The levels themselves don't seem much worse, but the boss encounters are nightmares. Lots of instakill single hits flying around. The Mars giant wizard 1-shots players at will and that battle is loaded with tough enemies that can too. Even older strikes like Bracus Zahn can be rough. Enemies are more aggressive and they linger over your dead body so revives are tougher. I had 2 instances where I was revived and never even got a chance to move before I was cut back down instantly.

Graviton Lance, Prometheus Lens, Skyburner's Oath, Sunshot... awesome before, still as awesome if not even more so now.

I'm still sticking with my tricked out Better Devils for kinetic weapons all the way otherwise.

All of the exotics = awesome now. The Mida might be the "worst" one now just because it still kinda sucks in PvE. If anything, running with an exotic power weapon is barely worthwhile now. You're missing out on a lot by not going with an exotic energy weapon.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
All of the exotics = awesome now. The Mida might be the "worst" one now just because it still kinda sucks in PvE. If anything, running with an exotic power weapon is barely worthwhile now. You're missing out on a lot by not going with an exotic energy weapon.
The wardcliff is still pretty amazing, one shots a lot of yellow enemies and everything around it lol

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
The wardcliff is still pretty amazing, one shots a lot of yellow enemies and everything around it lol

The Colony is still really good as well. For that matter, even the DARCI and Prospector are solid as well. For me it's just a bigger trade-off not having the use of one of the energy exotics full-time.

Something I'm noticing so far - nearly all of the new weapons that are worthwhile are energy weapons. I have a boatload of energy weapons I'm stuck cycling through, but only a couple kinetics. Granted, the Better Devils and Nameless Midnight are still fantastic...but some variety would be nice.

The Colony is still really good as well. For that matter, even the DARCI and Prospector are solid as well. For me it's just a bigger trade-off not having the use of one of the energy exotics full-time.

Something I'm noticing so far - nearly all of the new weapons that are worthwhile are energy weapons. I have a boatload of energy weapons I'm stuck cycling through, but only a couple kinetics. Granted, the Better Devils and Nameless Midnight are still fantastic...but some variety would be nice.
haha I know what you mean, PVE wise im still running my origin story 90% of the time

Unfortunatelly for me the latest patch, windows update or Nvidia d2 optimised drivers fixed my crashing issue, back to the backup pc on this one for me.

I've still been running double auto rifles, Origin Story and the new Kibou AR3 energy auto. What's the best submachine gun primary/kinetic that people like? I tend to only play PvE.

I've still been running double auto rifles, Origin Story and the new Kibou AR3 energy auto. What's the best submachine gun primary/kinetic that people like? I tend to only play PvE.

Before I stopped playing (post-CoO) the Antiope-D was the most talked about with a few others being popular as well. IMO, their drawbacks (low mag/reserve size, short range) weren't worth it for PvE when the 600 RPM autos were available, but I don't know if that's changed with updates.

For SMG's, the Antiope, New City, and Atalanta are all pretty good. The Antiope is a little all over the place if you don't have mods that boost your stability, though. People act like it's amazing, but it must have been nerfed at some point as I'm not seeing it. New City is closer to the Mida Mini, which is my favorite...although it's energy-based.

In PvP, the Graviton Lance is unstoppable. I went on my first 10x kill streak this morning with it. 2 upper-body shots and people are toast. It has crazy range, too. It's every bit the equal of the Vigilance Wing and then some. I'm not really seeing the same results from the other exotics, though. They're good, but I think they're better in PvE rather than the Crucible. I might be missing something, though.

Anyone found masterworks for any? I got one for the Tractor Cannon (a weapon I never use), but that's it thus far. Not sure what triggered it, but I got it after killing enemies with a summoned sword during an escalation protocol event.

Anyone found masterworks for any? I got one for the Tractor Cannon (a weapon I never use), but that's it thus far. Not sure what triggered it, but I got it after killing enemies with a summoned sword during an escalation protocol event.

Seems you've got to pray to RNGesus. Totally random drop rate within the specified criteria and you don't need the weapon equipped or in your inventory, but that could be a bug.

Seems you've got to pray to RNGesus. Totally random drop rate within the specified criteria and you don't need the weapon equipped or in your inventory, but that could be a bug.

I got another one, this time for the DARCI. On top of getting it to drop, you have to kill 500(!!!) enemies with precision kills to unlock it. Seems that unless a weapon is your main, this is a pretty tedious process.

Ditto with the Sleeper Simulant quest...which I'm at least on the last step of. It wouldn't be half as bad if that pistol I'm stuck with was a little less generic. It isn't bad, and it reminds me of the Annual Skate a bit. It's just kinda boring, and lugging it into a bunch of tough battles just not that great. Especially with so many of my best weapons being energy-based. Some of those Strikes were hard as hell and they probably wouldn't have been half as bad with the Graviton Lance, Sunshot, Skyburner's Oath, etc. In general, the strikes are freakin' hard now. Tons of 1-shot kills. It's a little frustrating when you you're caught in the open and just can't do much but jump around and pray.

Not sure if the 2 unreleased tracks have been posted here but they're my 2 favorites songs from the game.

I got another one, this time for the DARCI. On top of getting it to drop, you have to kill 500(!!!) enemies with precision kills to unlock it. Seems that unless a weapon is your main, this is a pretty tedious process.

Ditto with the Sleeper Simulant quest...which I'm at least on the last step of. It wouldn't be half as bad if that pistol I'm stuck with was a little less generic. It isn't bad, and it reminds me of the Annual Skate a bit. It's just kinda boring, and lugging it into a bunch of tough battles just not that great. Especially with so many of my best weapons being energy-based. Some of those Strikes were hard as hell and they probably wouldn't have been half as bad with the Graviton Lance, Sunshot, Skyburner's Oath, etc. In general, the strikes are freakin' hard now. Tons of 1-shot kills. It's a little frustrating when you you're caught in the open and just can't do much but jump around and pray.

They probably won't feel as bad once you reach light-level cap; I think most people are around 350-ish and the cap for Mars is 380? haha

Edit: I'm only 340(344) and heroic strike bosses hit like a truck!

They probably won't feel as bad once you reach light-level cap; I think most people are around 350-ish and the cap for Mars is 380? haha

Yeah, I hope that makes a difference. Even just random thralls insta-kill me about 1/3 of the time.
The worm strike boss is something else, though. Sometimes it just hangs out and lets you shoot it, but if it decides to keep summoning enemy waves that battle turns into a 20-minute marathon of running like hell and being the "last guardian alive" over and over.

EDIT: I'm also noticing that my estimate of needing 500 headshots with the DARCI was probably an underestimate. I think it might actually be 1000 or even more.

Last edited:

ya the heroics are hard right now with the levels, the one moddifier they had for a bit with the instakill melee from enemies made any taken/hive strike super frustrating (only time I have been genually afraid of tralls lol). Managed to beat my 3 heroic strikes and im up to 348 now though, hopefully with the reset I can get to 355ish.

Anyone know what the best group finder site to use is now? The bungie site seems pretty dead :(

I think I'm at 348, but I've been spreading the wealth a bit so I don't have any weapons lagging behind. I've finished 8 strikes this week (I did the 5 for the Sleeper Simulant) and I've died multiple times on all but one. Zahn's level is still pretty easy, although the actual fight with him is rough now. I haven't gotten the "Tree of Probabilities" strike yet, but that one was typically the easiest of the bunch.

I've just been playing with randoms so far.

My biggest gripe with the heroics is joining one in progress is so glitchy, I have had to drop out of 3 strikes due to the "joining allies" not working right. 1 strike had me in the constant loop where I would spawn in, it would say joining allies then respawn me over and over. And then 2 where I was stuck behind a barrier and couldnt go to my fireteam, going backwards would trigger "joining allies" and spawn me right back there again. Last one I did for my milestone this happened with the fallen stike (Thaviks the depraved I think). I could watch the 2 others running around down by the boss and I couldnt get down to help them. But they could never fail either lol. Everytime they would both die they just had to wait for their 30 second timer and they could respawn because nothing could kill me where I was.

Never had an in-progress strike screw up, but I have had a couple situations where people took forever to bail and I had to do a large chunk the level by myself.
I've noticed that if you die on the Mars wizard strike boss, about 1/2 the time you'll re-appear in the room prior to facing him. To get back in the fight, you have to turn around and head back up the path. It'll give you the "joining allies" message after you get to a certain point...or you can exploit it if you want to make sure the other players survive. Wild guess, I bet that gets fixed tomorrow.

Anyone make it through an Escalation Protocol yet? I've been part of a team that got through 2 sets (5 waves each) but got stuck on the 3rd...and we got a whole lot of nothing for our efforts. Seems a little rough to not give anything out if you don't win outright.

Is there a shift after Titan or the gameplay is pretty much established and it will continue?

Titan is mostly corridors and caverns, so it's somewhat unique. The other maps are closer to the EDZ, although none of them are quite as well-developed. Gameplay-wise, the game doesn't change much. By the time you're done with Titan, you should be mostly familiar with the different weapon types and your various abilities. If you aren't digging it, I don't see that changing on Nessus or Io. You might give the Crucible a shot, but otherwise the rest of the game is more of the same.

Anyone know what the best group finder site to use is now? The bungie site seems pretty dead :(
I used the100.io for Destiny back in the day and it worked well for me. I'm guessing its still pretty active with Destiny 2 but I haven't used since Destiny 2 was a big let down for me and I don't really play much any more.

Titan is mostly corridors and caverns, so it's somewhat unique. The other maps are closer to the EDZ, although none of them are quite as well-developed. Gameplay-wise, the game doesn't change much. By the time you're done with Titan, you should be mostly familiar with the different weapon types and your various abilities. If you aren't digging it, I don't see that changing on Nessus or Io. You might give the Crucible a shot, but otherwise the rest of the game is more of the same.

this is on the money and good advice. i love the game but if by Titan if you're not feeling it, you're probably not going to like the rest of the game.

I used the100.io for Destiny back in the day and it worked well for me. I'm guessing its still pretty active with Destiny 2 but I haven't used since Destiny 2 was a big let down for me and I don't really play much any more.

I've heard the Discord group is still pretty active, but haven't used it myself.

Back