Destiny 2

good Lord, you finished the entire single player story that quick?...is it that short?

I don't know, is there more? It took me about 90mins and now I'm level 2 and I'm in a social area with other players running around. AFAIK I can now join squads and such.

good Lord, you finished the entire single player story that quick?...is it that short?

if you rush it down it wont take long and it gives you max level when you finish the story. My buddies are level 6-7 right now and been playing all day. Depends on the person and how you like to play.

I don't know, is there more? It took me about 90mins and now I'm level 2 and I'm in a social area with other players running around. AFAIK I can now join squads and such.

Yeah not quite finished lol. Thats the first quest

wow the entire single player story can be completed in 90 minutes?...I was hoping for at least 5-6 hours...I know this is mainly a co-op MP game but I was expecting more effort to be put into the SP

My point is it doesnt matter. Controller with aim assist or kb/m the better person will win everytime.
you missed the point of my origional post then. People in other games hook the controller up to the PC and it allows to use aim assist WITH a keyboard and mouse. So you get the reaction times of KB/M with the hadicap of the controller. Its cheating.

wow the entire single player story can be completed in 90 minutes?...I was hoping for at least 5-6 hours...I know this is mainly a co-op MP game but I was expecting more effort to be put into the SP

He hasn't beat the campaign, only the first quest lol.

you missed the point of my origional post then. People in other games hook the controller up to the PC and it allows to use aim assist WITH a keyboard and mouse. So you get the reaction times of KB/M with the hadicap of the controller. Its cheating.

So you're saying I should hook up a wired XBone controller to my PC? I suck at these kind of games. :)

Eh, I already have a wired 360 controller hooked up. I played through the first part with it, was ok, but I'm much better with kb+m.

For co-op play do you recommend a headphone+mic? I have an old Logitech USB headset I can use. The last game I played using it (The Division) had people swearing (which I don't mind so much) and racism (that bothered me) I had to stop using it.

So never played the first game and have only watched videos of D2. Looking at the setting and gameplay, Destiny 2 reminds me a lot of Borderlands 2. For someone completely new to the series, would that be a good way to describe the gameplay?

Kinda wish I had at least tried the Beta now.

So never played the first game and have only watched videos of D2. Looking at the setting and gameplay, Destiny 2 reminds me a lot of Borderlands 2. For someone completely new to the series, would that be a good way to describe the gameplay?

As someone new to it also I kind of describe it as a mix between Borderlands and Diablo. It reminds me of The Division somewhat.

I have a 1080Ti and someone was selling the Nvidia promo version for $30 so I picked it up.

Reactions: Dan
like this

Very broadly. I don't want to mislead you on this and others will chime in and try and chisel this away for you.

What you will get in this that's like Borderlands 2 is: Top flight gunplay with either KBM or controller...a bit addictive... loot...lots of quests and things to do keep on grinding. You can do things by yourself and be fine but the game really makes PVE a seamless breeze and then of course, unlike Borderlands, you have PVP options as well.

People are annoyed about lack of endgame but there's more content coming. The story was never going to end or wrap up nicely with the base game that just came out.

I could be wrong here but I love the Borderlands games and Destiny games are natural fits for me. I have a hard time imagining a "typical" Borderlands fan not at least liking Destiny and vice versa.

Really more Halolands

Really more Halolands

I was going to mention Halo too.

I don't really care for the setting or plot, but damn, the gun/gameplay looks really smooth. Diablo with guns? I may have to pick this up.

Just got to the social area. That is only the beginning. After the first quest, same quest you played in the beta.

Game is good, I feel the same way about it as I did the beta (obviously). Lots of fun. This afternoon I participated in a random public event. It was awesome joining random players for a quick little event with some good loot. You don’t join a co-op group or anything like that, you just get a pop-up on your screen (and the map) about a public event and head over to join the fight, if you want. I love stuff like that.

Last edited:
Cetain PC programs are causing instant bans.
Seems to be an issue with overlay injectors.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/236531090?sort=0&page=0

I thought overlays like MSI Afterburner were locked out in the game...I remember in the beta I wasn't able to get Afterburner started (although I read that some people were able to get it running)...I guess forcing it through whatever means people are using will get you banned

so they removed MSAA from the final version?...in the beta it was an option but Bungie warned of performance issues (and it nearly halved my frame rates)...will they be adding it in later after more testing?

I thought overlays like MSI Afterburner were locked out in the game...I remember in the beta I wasn't able to get Afterburner started (although I read that some people were able to get it running)...I guess forcing it through whatever means people are using will get you banned

so they removed MSAA from the final version?...in the beta it was an option but Bungie warned of performance issues (and it nearly halved my frame rates)...will they be adding it in later after more testing?
hrm. Im running the Geforce experience FPS overlay. only played about 1 hour so far, interested to see what happens.

hrm. Im running the Geforce experience FPS overlay. only played about 1 hour so far, interested to see what happens.

I was reading the Eurogamer performance article where it stated:

"Looking at the final PC code, there's good news and bad news for those looking to fully optimise their experience...the good news is that the game's frame-rate counter is fixed, after a somewhat inaccurate debut in the beta...the bad news is that third party overlays like Riva Tuner Statistics Server remain fully locked out

Hawbaker explains that these tools use a system called DLL injection that could potentially compromise the security of the game...the Destiny 2 experience is built on the integrity of its networking and Bungie had to do everything possible to lock down any possible points of attack that hackers may attempt to exploit...plans are afoot to expand in-game metrics, to give users a better idea of how their hardware is being used, but certainly at launch, that little green number in the corner is all you have"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-destiny-2-the-inside-story

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/236455208?sort=0&page=0

Emergent Issues:
SSE3 Required: Destiny 2 will not run on processors without Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3 (SSSE3).

God damn it. I really hope Bungie doesn't remove the newer instruction set just because the game doesn't run on some cheapskate's 9 year old Phenom II like so many games before it. Getting sick of games being held back just because some people refuse to upgrade their computers.

In the meantime I just turned HDR off.

So I've never played Destiny before. I imagine I'd want to play with keys+mouse, because we can?

I've played through the first solo part, now I have access to multiplayer (L2). Any tips?

HDR works fine for me, no issues there. Is your Windows HDR enabled? do you have the HDR slider in color options?

Campaign proper is 10-15 hours depending on your efficiency. If you complete all the adventures and side quests at the same time, 20-25 hours, which I highly recommend you trying out. Adventures are amazing.

and WTF silicon lottery, my 8700k does 5.1 @ 1.34 LOL. love it.

Some really interesting results, especially compared to the beta. Some nice wins for AMD at certain settings and resolutions too. They will have a video for CPU changes between beta and release as well.

Have you guys seen the reports about D2 losing millions of players over the past few days? People are already calling this game dead in the water....I don't get it. I absolutely love it and see how you could get lots of time farming gear out of it. Then again I like this type of game. Maybe it's just the console COD newbs with limited attention spans that can't handle it?

Major props to Activision and Blizzard. I'm was very surprised, but the servers (at least for me) were rock solid from launch onward. I had no issues playing and grouping with friends. This seems somewhat rare for a launch now-a-days. Great game thus far.

Do the side quests and public events. No need to rush through. Very impressed thus far!

Major props to Activision and Blizzard. I'm was very surprised, but the servers (at least for me) were rock solid from launch onward. I had no issues playing and grouping with friends. This seems somewhat rare for a launch now-a-days. Great game thus far.

Do the side quests and public events. No need to rush through. Very impressed thus far!

I agree! I had a blast doing random pop up events and side missions. Got sweet loot from them too!

Tinkered with the graphics settings a bit and found a combo that never drops below 60fps. Lots of other combos would stay there most of the time, but would bog down here and there.
I'm playing at 3840x2160, but with the render resolution set to 70%. Everything else is cranked all the way up, although I'm using FXAA rather than SMAA.

I'm unfamiliar with the Screen Space Ambient Occlusion setting for "3D" - anyone have any insight as to what that does vs. HDAO?

This game is great in small doses I seen 20s around already I had spent all night trying to get to level 5 I watched a video on youtube and said Story, Events, and Crucible in that order is the best way to level up fast to 20 if that means 20 hours in one day count me out =) The environments are some of the best I ever seen in a FPS..

What happens I get so locked in at shooting stuff which is really boring then it's time to quit the game for a while =)
Don't try a public event by yourself either...

Complaints.....I mean the AI is better than Destiny 1 but it still sucks animations are better but the whole hiding behind shit and ducking to not die just sucks.

I played for like 5-6 hours yesterday, I'm level 17, my little brother's already 20. To those that don't know Destiny, it's a power grind, not a level grind. You're gear grinding a lot longer than you are playing new fresh content. It's a fun game, you can do a lot in 1-2 hours, I do appreciate that sometimes as I'm older now and don't have as many days like yesterday where I can sit in front of the screen for 6 hours straight.

The game looks amazing, runs amazing, loving it in 4k, not a single hint of lag.

I hear they left aim assist in which is a bummer for me in terms of PVP but I'm more of a PVE/raid kinda guy so I don't really care much at this point.

Anyone plan on making a [H] clan?
I was planning to but when I asked about it earlier on in the thread no one had shown interest.

Played last night with a buddie and we both got to level 10 in about 3 hours. Very fun and very well optimized.

Back