Destiny 2

I had a backup mag mod and thought that was great but Rampage Spec is the only mod that gun needs. The full extra second of Rampage makes all the difference in the world. Easily stays procced during reload now and makes keeping 3x much longer.

The gun is even more devastating than it already was.

Random drop?

Just like with the first three forges, just as the second round starts, there will be two small drones that spawn at two set locations of the arena. It would be kinda hard to explain in writing here where they are but there are plenty of video's that talk about it.. i believe Datto has one. If you kill them both, a chest will spawn near the forge after you beat the boss giving you the key.

I know I've seen that... is there any way I can check in my inventory or somehow to see if I have done that particular step? Probably a dumb question. I know I'm mostly up to speed otherwise.

That rare bounty I'll easily get done in the next handful of days or so.

Random drop?

I know I've seen that... is there any way I can check in my inventory or somehow to see if I have done that particular step? Probably a dumb question. I know I'm mostly up to speed otherwise.

That rare bounty I'll easily get done in the next handful of days or so.

Negative. Breakneck is earned by using an auto-rifle in Gambit matches. It takes 40 matches, 500 kills, 100 multi-kills and 150 powerful enemy kills to earn. I've only been playing since Thanksgiving and got it last night. I don't play a lot of gambit, mostly just enough to get my dailies and weeklies in for the most part. I have done more for bounties here and there of course but I've made no special effort until I had about 6 matches to go.

Negative. Breakneck is earned by using an auto-rifle in Gambit matches. It takes 40 matches, 500 kills, 100 multi-kills and 150 powerful enemy kills to earn. I've only been playing since Thanksgiving and got it last night. I don't play a lot of gambit, mostly just enough to get my dailies and weeklies in for the most part. I have done more for bounties here and there of course but I've made no special effort until I had about 6 matches to go.

Wow! I'll keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Wow! I'll keep that in m ind.

You have to pick up the quest step from the drifter first to actually begin. I just had a thought of you playing 40 rounds of Gambit and then wondering why you didn't get the gun lol

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Additionally, Zavala has a quest for the Loaded Question Fusion Rifle which along with Breakneck are the Pinnacle weapons to chase for Gambit and Strikes.

It was a long ass few days when those weapons dropped. We did nothing but strikes and Gambit for a full weekend.

Burned me the hell out on Gambit for two weeks after.

like this
I am working on getting Bergusia at max temper, that forge is no joke. Already have my rare bounty completed, just waiting to turn in. Still need helm and BP for armor set, but guess I have three weeks to work on that.

like this
Additionally, Zavala has a quest for the Loaded Question Fusion Rifle which along with Breakneck are the Pinnacle weapons to chase for Gambit and Strikes.

It was a long ass few days when those weapons dropped. We did nothing but strikes and Gambit for a full weekend.

I was working on the Loaded Question but stopped when I realized it was a fusion rifle. I hate those. The only one I like is the Sleeper Simulant. The Queenbreaker is another that's alright but I prefer the Sleeper Simulant.

3 Scourge runs on my characters tonight. Still no trench barrel Threat Level.

I'm never getting it.

Sad.

like this
What are you talking about?

The raid shotgun called "Threat Level" is the second shotgun in the game to come with the perk Trench Barrel (first is the IKELOS) and it's highly sought after as it's kinetic. This frees up the energy slot so we can run all the cool energy handcannons.

I'm just not getting any to drop WITH the trench barrel perk.

like this

Those are all nice weapons and I do have those quests but I'm not going to bust my tail for either of them thanks to the other goodies I already own. ;)

Is it still worth playing? I refuse to pay $35 for the annual pass to do the Black Forge stuff.

I struggled through all of Year 1 trying to find a regular group to play with and failed, for the most part. It wasn't until I heard Forsaken was coming and the hype behind it that I jumped back on and tried to raid. Through that, I found a bunch of guys who had the same play schedule I did and just lucked out.

The key is actually finding a group. Its a lot of trial and error, unfortunately.

Some resources:
www.reddit.com/r/destinysherpa
www.reddit.com/r/Fireteams
www.the100.io (this one is GREAT, btw)

I used The 100 for the original Destiny and can confirm it is great. Sadly the group I found using it stayed with PS4 when Destiny 2 came out and I moved to PC.

If you guys didn't already see yesterday's TWAB:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47579

Some highlights:

Auto Rifles
  • Damage increased for rapid-fire, adaptive, and high-impact families. We find that Auto Rifles are a little unforgiving for the ranges they ask you to occupy in a world with special weapons, and as a result, we’re increasing the damage to offset the higher risk.
Scout Rifles
  • Damage increased for lightweight and rapid-fire families, as well as an increase to all Scout Rifles in PvE. Scout Rifles are always going to be on the lower end of damage due to the safety that their range affords you, but the difference currently between them and other primary weapons is too drastic. As a result, we’re reducing the size of the gap.

Auto's and Scouts have been trash since Forsaken dropped so i'm happy to see where this goes. My Breakneck is sitting pretty with a Rampage Spec and I've been hoarding some god roll Scouts. Could be fun.

Legend of Acrius
  • Increased the damage and bumped out the range slightly. As time moves on, things tend to trend upward in terms of power, and in a post-Forsaken world, Acrius simply didn’t have the output to match other heavy weapon Exotics.
Telesto
  • PvP damage brought down to match a standard Fusion Rifle charge rate. Optics (zoom) was also increased to match Fusion Rifles with long-range scopes. Telesto has become fairly notorious in the Crucible for its effectiveness, even in some cases getting accidental multikills due to how damaging the explosions were. To combat these, we’ve reduced its (PvP) damage to match its charge rate. This brought up an issue where doing so was significantly hurting the usability of the weapon, so the optics were buffed in return. In general, you should still find it an effective weapon, it just won’t be quite as generous as it was before.

Ha, time to finally pull my Acrius out and play with it. Excited about that! As for Telesto.. eh. It was super annoying to be killed by it in Crucible but i'm not a huge Crucible player. If it ever got too annoying, I pulled my own out.

• Ballistics Logs will no longer be removed at reset
  • Stack limit for Ballistics Logs increased to 5 per character
  • Weapon frames carried across reset now refund into the following
    • “Gold” frames refunded into 1 Ballistics Log
    • “Silver” frames refunded into 3 Modulus Reports
    • Any instance of a Radiant Matrix will be removed on weekly reset
    • Players should stop experiencing the issue where frames are missing from Ada’s inventory on a week-to-week basis
    • Players may still only purchase up to 2 “Gold” frames per week
  • Drop rate for Black Armory Lore increased from 10% to 20%
    • Now requires successful forge ignition for chance to drop
  • Quest step that requires players to defeat a high-value target on Nessus no longer requires a player to land the final blow.
  • Modulus Reports and Ballistics Logs will now go to Postmaster if lost. Cap on Modulus Reports still at 15 per account
  • Forge emblems will be awarded when completing a forge, no longer requiring a specific bounty to be completed

Nice QoL changes right there.

“Fastidious Miser” Triumph: The “Fastidious Miser” Triumph may sometimes not unlock when players access all relevant chests in the Dreaming City.

ABOUT. DAMN. TIME.

“Knife Flip” Emote: The “Knife Flip” emote does not loop indefinitely.

Most important update in the whole TWAB.

like this
Nice help there!

Sidebar: I made a point of getting Maximum Temper in Bergusia yesterday. I didn't see anything happen per se but it definitely happened.

I honestly have no idea where I'm at with any of this except I need to finish getting a full set of black armory armor and I get to get Izanami before I can do the rest of that "use the puzzle" and the rest of all that? (Plus Shattered Throne in February.)

Do I have that basically right? (I see the steps outlined a page ago)

The step you're on and what you need to do will always be in your Pursuits tab. I'm not sure what step your on at this point but just check the quest in there.

Do you not have Izanami (forge) unlocked? Or did you mean the Izangis Burden Sniper? Again, the annoyingly similar spelling strikes again.

The whole Mysterious Box quest is FOR the Izanagis Burden sniper so needing the Forge armor and doing shattered throne are all part of that quest so you don't get the sniper until all that's done. The step your on will be in your Pursuits.

Now, the only thing you need the sniper for is the Mysterious Datapad that's was also inside the Mysterious Box. That just gives you a cool cutscene with Ada and an emblem.

like this
The step you're on and what you need to do will always be in your Pursuits tab. I'm not sure what step your on at this point but just check the quest in there.

Do you not have Izanami (forge) unlocked? Or did you mean the Izangis Burden Sniper? Again, the annoyingly similar spelling strikes again.

Yeah, that sniper. LOL. Sorry. All forges unlocked. I've hit them all numerous times.

The whole Mysterious Box quest is FOR the Izanagis Burden sniper so needing the Forge armor and doing shattered throne are all part of that quest so you don't get the sniper until all that's done. The step your on will be in your Pursuits.

Good deal. That's where I'm at. I need to get sniper first and foremost.

Now, the only thing you need the sniper for is the Mysterious Datapad that's was also inside the Mysterious Box. That just gives you a cool cutscene with Ada and an emblem.

Still waiting to get this done. I still need to get an Obsidian Crystal from the Mysterious Box/Frame quest. So I'll just keep chipping away to get this full set armor and get myself in position for February. Overall I'm in good shape and have everything I need.

Doublechecking: Close to finishing macro evaluation rare bounty for Ada. When should I cash that in?

Doublechecking: Close to finishing macro evaluation rare bounty for Ada. When should I cash that in?

If you cleared Bergusia at Max Temper and opened the Mysterious Box, what came out of it will have instructions on what to do next. I don't want to tell you the wrong thing so what step is it telling you to complete? Here they are all laid out but you have to make sure you're actually on that step before doing anything.

1. Find the Mysterious Box location from the Volundr Forge
  2. Open the locks for the hand, a butterfly, a fishhook by completing the Volundr, Izanami and Gofannon Forges with Maximum Temper (by shooting drones mid-battle)
  3. Get the Black Armory Key Mold quest from Ada-1
  4. Kill Watchers in the Leviathan Underbelly, then get Glimmering Amethyst from opening Public Event or Strike chests
  5. Clear the Bergusia Forge with Maximum Temper (by shooting drones mid-battle)
  6. Complete a rare Black Armory Bounty
  7. Complete the Shattered Throne dungeon
  8. Complete a special version of The Pyramidion Strike
  9. Complete a special version of the Bergusia Forge
  10. Return to Ada-1 to receive the Izanagi's Burden

like this
If you cleared Bergusia at Max Temper and opened the Mysterious Box, what came out of it will have instructions on what to do next. I don't want to tell you the wrong thing so what step is it telling you to complete? Here they are all laid out but you have to make sure you're actually on that step before doing anything.

1. Find the Mysterious Box location from the Volundr Forge
  2. Open the locks for the hand, a butterfly, a fishhook by completing the Volundr, Izanami and Gofannon Forges with Maximum Temper (by shooting drones mid-battle)
  3. Get the Black Armory Key Mold quest from Ada-1
  4. Kill Watchers in the Leviathan Underbelly, then get Glimmering Amethyst from opening Public Event or Strike chests
  5. Clear the Bergusia Forge with Maximum Temper (by shooting drones mid-battle)
  6. Complete a rare Black Armory Bounty
  7. Complete the Shattered Throne dungeon
  8. Complete a special version of The Pyramidion Strike
  9. Complete a special version of the Bergusia Forge
  10. Return to Ada-1 to receive the Izanagi's Burden

Thanks to you 4 got done. Did 5 yesterday beyond any doubt. I'm at 6. Can't do 7 until next month.

Sure stinks when you pop a Forge Polymer, kick butt, and the game blatantly doesn't give you anything for it.

Did you forge a frame that run? Only ever seen that happen when you don't have a completed frame ready for forging.

like this
Did you forge a frame that run? Only ever seen that happen when you don't have a completed frame ready for forging.

Right. Read the text on the polymer consumable. It tells you that armor is only granted on completion of a frame in the forge.

like this
I had a frame. Bizarrely, I went off and did something else, came back, went through a forge and the game "figured it out" and gave me the piece of armor.

Absolutely if you haven't collected all the Year 1 Exotics. For instance, he's selling Orpheus Rigs this week which are by far the best possible exotic for top tree Nightstalker hunters. If you're running that without Rigs you're at a serious disadvantage. Vigilance Wing was at one point THE Crucible meta and its still incredible in there.

For those of us who have all the Year 1 exotics, he's a running joke since he doesn't sell Forsaken+ stuff.. yet. However, sometimes the rolls on the gear he's selling are considerably better than the static roll you might have from last year. For instance, a few weeks ago he was selling the Titan helmet An Insurmountable Skullfort with Hands On. So, AIS gives you unlimited arc shoulder charges which count as melee's and Hands On returns super energy on melee kills... you can see why that's a nuts roll. Everyone was clamoring to replace their old AIS with the one Xur was selling.

Xur also sells the Five of Swords Challenge Card. This is essential to running Nightfall strikes as it allows you to adjust the modifiers and difficulty handicap to help you get higher scores.

Last edited:
I didn't know the guy existed until someone had a 'Xur is missed by his family' post on reddit.

Yep, every Friday at daily reset time until the next weekly rest on Tuesday he'll be hanging out somewhere on various planets or the tower and peddling his goods.

Back in D1 and partly in D2, it was a mystery where he would be. Lots of third party websites popped up (this being the most popular) for people to quickly see where he is and what he's selling.

This may help everyone.

s2343h5ct7b21.png

Picked up Whisper of the Worm today. Never bothered before since I mostly play casual/solo, so never really needed it.
1u6j4w.jpg

Anyone new players wanting to get into the serious end game content should probably pick this weapon up, as the first question you'll be asked is "do you have whisper?" if you want to join up with clans/pugs/lfg etc. It's probably arguable that it's bad game design to have one specific weapon be so mandatory across so many end game activities.

Picked up Whisper of the Worm today. Never bothered before since I mostly play casual/solo, so never really needed it.
View attachment 135937

Anyone new players wanting to get into the serious end game content should probably pick this weapon up, as the first question you'll be asked is "do you have whisper?" if you want to join up with clans/pugs/lfg etc. It's probably arguable that it's bad game design to have one specific weapon be so mandatory across so many end game activities.

Honestly it's not as important as before. Don't get me wrong, it's a good gun. But it's no longer the requirement.

like this
Back