Destiny 2

The GM this week.. honestly with the right team comp, probably the easiest boss room fight so far. As usual, at least two banner shields and its kind of a cheap win.. no real threat at all as long as the two people shooting have some serious DPS.

Watching back the guides the normal lot of youtubers put up with strats, a lot of the rest of the rooms are much easier, EVEN the arc hallway once you realize you can just run straight down (and even slide!) with the ball. As long as someone is on duty to kill the shanks near the dunk point, you're golden.. just keep running straight, the arc won't hit you. I thought I was going to be too slow and that wouldn't work.

We did not have the right team comp and the boss room was a mess of a res train but we got it done.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I learned late about that slide and I'm going to try it. Now let me make sure I understand: Whoever is running (and sliding) with the ball can NOT be hurt by the arc strands running in that hallway?

This thing is do-able but man is it annoying with all the lame cheapshots. So the best place for the other two guys to cover the run is by the dunk spot? Have the other one across from there? I am going to have to look at it.

I learned late about that slide and I'm going to try it. Now let me make sure I understand: Whoever is running (and sliding) with the ball can NOT be hurt by the arc strands running in that hallway?

This thing is do-able but man is it annoying with all the lame cheapshots. So the best place for the other two guys to cover the run is by the dunk spot? Have the other one across from there? I am going to have to look at it.
They absolutely can be hurt but if you leave right after one, you can run and slide and make it to the dunk point without the one behind you catching up and killing you.

We had one guy and each end with snipers taking things out as they spawned. Also the hunter throwing its super right before picking up the orb helped freeze things the second they spawned.

like this
The GM this week.. honestly with the right team comp, probably the easiest boss room fight so far. As usual, at least two banner shields and its kind of a cheap win.. no real threat at all as long as the two people shooting have some serious DPS.

Watching back the guides the normal lot of youtubers put up with strats, a lot of the rest of the rooms are much easier, EVEN the arc hallway once you realize you can just run straight down (and even slide!) with the ball. As long as someone is on duty to kill the shanks near the dunk point, you're golden.. just keep running straight, the arc won't hit you. I thought I was going to be too slow and that wouldn't work.

We did not have the right team comp and the boss room was a mess of a res train but we got it done.
I almost always stay in the doorway leading to the arc hall to kill the three shanks that pop up there. If you stand back far enough you can see the one that drops from the ceiling as soon as it appears. On the other side by the dunk pint Popping the exploder first will kill the other when it explodes.

• Replaced Quickdraw with Surplus on new and existing drops of Felwinter’s Lie and Astral Horizon.

Welcome back the land of the living, my old friend.

1617976085836.png

Suffered through some more trials for a chain reaction Sola's Scar. No real idea what I'm going to use it for but hey, splody sword that can make warmind cells. Its the three win and bounty reward this weekend.

20210409204057_1.jpg

I got that sword, too, and will mess around with it. Good riddance to Trials now. I can only take so much 10 seconds maulings. What a waste of time. Matcmaking is worthless.

Got home from work this morning (0330) and had about 90 mins before I had to be in bed.... so I spent the next 3 hours jumping off the map on 3 characters trying to get a decent Solas Scar roll.

Best I got was Relentless Strike & Ambitious Assassin. Might try to get the other Bounties done and maybe hit 3 wins tonight, but I'll have the same amount of time, and I won't be over doing it this time.

A friend of mine who is a WAY better player in Destiny than I ever will be summed up the GMs to varying degrees like this:

GM's are tough because of a combination of cheap and poor design.

I'm not sure who thought giving enemies wall hacks and aimbot in GM was a good decision, but they're an idiot.

The Proving Ground strike itself was just "here's a room with a lot of enemies, and nowhere to hide, good luck."

I couldn't agree more. It isn't about "git gud" and "get better gear."

The differences between a GM and a 1330 are laughable really. I'm at the point just about where I'll try a GM a few times but they seem to be more trouble than they are worth just like Trials.

I don't totally agree. Most of Destiny is just run around and shoot stuff with whatever. GM's are content that really make you theory-craft synergistic, methodical and efficient ways to approach everything. Requiring really dipping into the wealth of mods and abilities in the game that go unnoticed the majority of the time as they just aren't necessary for the vast majority of content that's all basically easy mode.

The proving ground strike is a good example where after some experience with it, you know how the fight's in each room go down so you're prepared for everything, making call outs and as a team, feels great to finally pull off the perfect encounter completion.

I think they're some of the best content in the game because of the added depth they bring to team composition, mod usage and execution.

Last edited:
like this
I don't totally agree. Most of Destiny is just run around and shoot stuff with whatever. GM's are content that really make you theory-craft synergistic, methodical and efficient ways to approach everything. Requiring really dipping into the wealth of mods and abilities in the game that go unnoticed the majority of the time as they just aren't necessary for the vast majority of content that's all basically easy mode.

The proving ground strike is a good example where after some experience with it, you know how the fight's in each room go down so you're prepared for everything, making call outs and as a team, feels great to finally pull off the perfect encounter completion.

I think they're some of the best content in the game because of the added depth they bring to team composition, mod usage and execution.

I don't disagree with what you're saying as well but I think the criticisms are valid. It needs some refinement like not having essentially aimbots and wallhacks working against you in effect. ;)

Last edited:
Agreed, next week is more my focus. Hopefully over-time at work will be subsiding by then, and I'll have more motivation for this stuff. Right now I'd just like to have my Doctor induce about a 96 hr coma.

Is there something up with pinnacles? No joke, 1/2 of my pinnacle rewards are dropping at 1300 now since reset. RIGHT before the GM's open up and I'm 2 ll's away.

On the other hand, I did get an explosive round / rangefinder / range mw Bottom Dollar. Should be interesting in PVP, if PVP was worth playing.

Last edited:
like this
On the other hand, I did get an explosive round / rangefinder / range mw Bottom Dollar. Should be interesting in PVP, if PVP was worth playing.

Nice Bottom Dollar!! PvP just seems to be a Mercy exchange any more, there is no balance. I finished up a quest from the last Iron Banner and then bailed. Got tired of hearing Saladin say "I'm calling it".

I've had Pinnacles do the same thing, and not just this week. Not sure what is going on, but may have to check the bug list to see if it's been reported. All mine dropped correctly this week.

--

I mentioned this a couple weeks ago, but if you want a relatively simple Exotic farm method, check out the following:

Last edited:
like this
Banshee is selling Powerful Friends today (4-16) if you don't have it yet. Currently the only way to get triple 100 spec build.

like this
Got that adept pali! - fluted/poly, RR/flared, killing wind / rangefnder, range mw, and an adept big ones spec

Are we able to pick our nightfall for the rest of the season or is that only open for this week?

Ran the arms dealer GM and with 3 chaos reach warlocks it was a piece of cake.

Edit: FINALLY got the Outlaw / rampage roll! Adept at that.

Last edited:
Got that adept pali! - fluted/poly, RR/flared, killing wind / rangefnder, range mw, and an adept big ones spec

Are we able to pick our nightfall for the rest of the season or is that only open for this week?

Ran the arms dealer GM and with 3 chaos reach warlocks it was a piece of cake.

Edit: FINALLY got the Outlaw / rampage roll! Adept at that.

Great job. That's my endgame Pali right there. I made it to Brachus three times yesterday...three different good teams... 8-11 revives and stupid cheapshots and crap just ruins it.

I still feel the easiest GM this season is Devils Lair. Ran that a few times last night so we could fill up our postmasters with golf balls and fill out the Adept mod's. Really low stress GM, especially if you take out that tank ASAP in that big middle room, then focus down both of the brigs.

Boss room.. well they give you a room to stand in lol. It really couldn't be easier for a GM.

I still feel the easiest GM this season is Devils Lair. Ran that a few times last night so we could fill up our postmasters with golf balls and fill out the Adept mod's. Really low stress GM, especially if you take out that tank ASAP in that big middle room, then focus down both of the brigs.

Boss room.. well they give you a room to stand in lol. It really couldn't be easier for a GM.

I've had it with Arms Dealer. I guess I'm going to do that next.

I've had it with Arms Dealer. I guess I'm going to do that next.
Arms Dealer is fine but unless you pull up a clean insta-melt, that room becomes a little exciting very quickly and you all need to be on your game.

like this
Anyway, still need to do 3 more GM's to gild the title for this season. Last night we did Warden of Nothing and man, that room right before you drop down to the boss arena with the mines on A, B and C you have to stand in? Oof. Wiped once there.

Insight Terminus is easy mode until the boss room and you get rushed by gladiators.. also wiped in there once but managed it on the next run.

like this
Arms Dealer is fine but unless you pull up a clean insta-melt, that room becomes a little exciting very quickly and you all need to be on your game.

On one of our runs I walked right into the line of the sniper fire on the elevator. Dead. Sucks that nobody could revive me either, which blew the whole "3 chaos warlock insta-melt" deal. We had to actually fight the first round until the boss came down and managed to finish him off there. It was a little tense when I realized I died and my revive was stuck at the bottom of the elevator shaft.

Man, I have barely touched Destiny (or any game) due to 75+ hr work weeks the last few weeks. I don't think I'm getting Conqueror this Season either.

Friday is my one day off this week. If any of you are on I may give some GM's a try... maybe. I need to wind down, not up.

Man, I have barely touched Destiny (or any game) due to 75+ hr work weeks the last few weeks. I don't think I'm getting Conqueror this Season either.

Friday is my one day off this week. If any of you are on I may give some GM's a try... maybe. I need to wind down, not up.

I'll be looking out for you.

Ok, so we we have to beat each GM once for that title? Do I understand that correctly? (LOL, I can keep on dreaming)

I'll be looking out for you.

Ok, so we we have to beat each GM once for that title? Do I understand that correctly? (LOL, I can keep on dreaming)
6 different GMs, doesn't have to be all in one season. Also, a completion on each elemental subclass.

It's a shame that laurels that drop don't go to the postmaster. I was dropping tons of them in GMs and all to no avail. That needs to be fixed IMO. I know that's the way it's been but it's lame. I take enough cheap deaths without trying to take excessive risks in those just to pick up laurels.

I also notice the daily focus for Crucible. I was doing a decent amount of Crucible yesterday including Survival and won several matches. I'm at 7 percent and I'll be damned if I could move that needle any further and I'm not sure why so I'm going to likely let that one go.

Just not participating in GG. I may miss the Heir Apparent catalyst from a collections PoV but.. meh. Filling up progress bars by playing the same old content isn't content, i'll pass.

Just not participating in GG. I may miss the Heir Apparent catalyst from a collections PoV but.. meh. Filling up progress bars by playing the same old content isn't content, i'll pass.

I'm doing it but definitely not killing myself. I am basically mostly focusing on the stuff I wanted to do anyways like the Nightfall GMs and things of that nature. If they hadn't screwed me out of my laurel drops I'd be even further along.

I already have Heir Apparent (pretty fun MG) and the catalyst quest ongoing. I got the ghost and maybe I'll luck out and get the sparrow but no biggie.

I have near zero interest in GG, but I did want the Heir Apparent Catalyst. I got it on the second medal I banked. Maybe an hour invested. Still need to get more medals to complete it, but the investment is relatively small if that's all you want.

If you're a Warlock and need Laurels, load up Shuro Chi with Sunbracers and top tree Dawnblade. It's grenade spam was dropping 40 or so Laurels a wave (1-2 minutes). Grenade spam in general seems to be the key, but Sunbracers and its 5 seconds of unlimited nades on a melee kill was awesome. Went from 340 to over 500 in less than 10 mins.

^^ That's sweet. If you figure out a Hunter equivalent of something like that let me know. ;)

Scored a Quickdraw Rampage Pali Adept on an Arms Dealer GM run. I'm pretty happy about that. I'll be giddy if I get my god roll Outlaw Rampage variant before it's all said and done.

^^ That's sweet. If you figure out a Hunter equivalent of something like that let me know. ;)

Scored a Quickdraw Rampage Pali Adept on an Arms Dealer GM run. I'm pretty happy about that. I'll be giddy if I get my god roll Outlaw Rampage variant before it's all said and done.
Laurels drop from ability kills so you could do it on hunter, knives, grenades, super

Back